Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/23/2017  4:35 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:Give me a name of euro player's?
Whom starred and impact this nba
Winning titles eh?

Only 1 Dirk Nowitzki

And NBA and world well knew Dirk before
Nba stardom and talents then nba title.

Name me another eh??? Go and try

Only role player such as Manu
Or Tony Parker...

Toni Kukoc? Eh
None nba hall of famers such as Dirk.

So the knicks #8 pick bust in making
Later on not now.

This is why knicks cant build winning

Nitty may not be the Star type offensive guard most wanted but he fits the type of On Ball Defender Phil said he wanted. Just gotta trust the scouts did their job. I was hoping for more dynamic scoring but I can see why Phil would want Nitty. He's unselfish almost to a fault but then he's only 18.

I think there is a good chance we get the number 1 pick next year, which is probably a good thing. Without Melo we maybe the= worst offensive team in the NBA

I hear you Nixluva and will trust you but, WE will see
I just cant trust the knickerbockers and especially Phil
Jackson.

Nitty is a skilled 'project' moreso than KP

I feel as a fan, knicks fan are tired of projects and
Disappointment simply said.

Have not heard any blogs nor NBA gurus say this 8th
Pick is slam dunk cant miss.

He seems like 2nd coming of KP 'needs body build up'
As far as strength and will be abused on defensive
Side with under.developed body.

This the case despite his European defensive abilities
dont seem to me the DJ that will cut it in usa pro
Hoops unless he gets in gym and build his body up.

So far despite KP skills on shotblocking and toughness
KPs prone to injuries and durability issues which is a
Concern for these soft physique euro guys.

Hope i am wrong but Malik Mounk fills a need in nba
Call it high possibility = nba star soon!

KP may be one day but see how many euro stars has been
Anything but a decent player above role player in nba

Thus my point is Malik would cut it be a star to
Attract other very good stars and players to a floundering
Knick organization.

Frank Nitty unless he isnt a bust will not
Be reasons nba players wsnt to come to NYK
Much less come to learn executing Phil's triangle
Offense for nba success.

Sad knicks feel that cant emulate success from
Nba winners franchises like Spurs, GS, etc.

But to trust Nixluvs assessment.
Wasted too.much coronas, vodk and drinks
Last night in being pi-:%$ed off at our
NYK team the norm as failing to pick up
Malik a cant miss pro to be a star.

No one wants to be a knick!
These picks wanting to be in New York is
Another story differently from wanting to
Be a knick to turn around our NYK francise.

USA hoops college stars from here get smacked
In face by NYK and ignored regardless of where
Knicks pick# is and that's a fact!

Lets assume KP stays......
Its not quick fixes any more and the NBA is harder to change with Free agents.
Thus, fewer starphuchs.
YOu want to be like SAS? OK, start with a "I don't give two ****s and a **** about what people think". That's Pop who was born from Larry Brown culture.
Phil really don't care what fans, or media think. His arrogance is born from his status and the baddest ass coach of all time. Some think he should be humble as a rookie exec who has not succeeded at his new post.
Fans think Phil has not accomplished much. Phil looks at his fingers and says "I got one for each finger and a big toe on my foot. Them two knicks ones look good too!!!!
Phil was going to lakers. Didn't happen. Phil broke off his engagement with Jeannie cuz of distance. We don't know phil, but his detractors think he is in it for the money.
You wanted DSJr or Monk? Nice kids. But you want a culture, then you pick the guy who thinks works in it.
Pop likes euros and thought for years their work ethic was better. Google Pop, he says it.
Phil got Willy, KP and now Frank. He is not into the AAU scene. How did Pop get Kawhi? Scouted his personality real well.
Melo was a mistake. Don't know the origins of blame, but Phil is moving with a certain type of yoot. Blame Phil for the NTC? He don't care. Actually does it really matter? That Zen shyt is good like that.
I think Noah is a special kind of player good idea. Did Phil ignore the injury thing? Human nature says he'll never recover. We'll see.
I think Drose was a reach but a low risk one. He played real well. JUst too hung up on next contract? Other stress related issues???
Jennings? He said one thing, acted in another. Melo similar, talks the talk, but does not submit to the team concept.
Oak has no relevance to anything on the court.
Shaming Melo? Not PHil's best moment, but nothing was incorrect and "Holding the ball" is not god awful.
When the core is Melo, JR, Shump, and Tyson, things had to change. Barganani was bad. Real bad.

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
6/23/2017  5:35 PM
Nalod wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Winning titles eh?

Only 1 Dirk Nowitzki

Or Tony Parker...

Toni Kukoc? Eh

Later on not now.

Nitty may not be the Star type offensive guard most wanted but he fits the type of On Ball Defender Phil said he wanted. Just gotta trust the scouts did their job. I was hoping for more dynamic scoring but I can see why Phil would want Nitty. He's unselfish almost to a fault but then he's only 18.

I think there is a good chance we get the number 1 pick next year, which is probably a good thing. Without Melo we maybe the= worst offensive team in the NBA

Jackson.

Knick organization.

Offense for nba success.

Thus, fewer starphuchs.
YOu want to be like SAS? OK, start with a "I don't give two ****s and a **** about what people think". That's Pop who was born from Larry Brown culture.
Phil really don't care what fans, or media think. His arrogance is born from his status and the baddest ass coach of all time. Some think he should be humble as a rookie exec who has not succeeded at his new post.
Fans think Phil has not accomplished much. Phil looks at his fingers and says "I got one for each finger and a big toe on my foot. Them two knicks ones look good too!!!!
Phil was going to lakers. Didn't happen. Phil broke off his engagement with Jeannie cuz of distance. We don't know phil, but his detractors think he is in it for the money.
You wanted DSJr or Monk? Nice kids. But you want a culture, then you pick the guy who thinks works in it.
Pop likes euros and thought for years their work ethic was better. Google Pop, he says it.
Phil got Willy, KP and now Frank. He is not into the AAU scene. How did Pop get Kawhi? Scouted his personality real well.
Melo was a mistake. Don't know the origins of blame, but Phil is moving with a certain type of yoot. Blame Phil for the NTC? He don't care. Actually does it really matter? That Zen shyt is good like that.
I think Noah is a special kind of player good idea. Did Phil ignore the injury thing? Human nature says he'll never recover. We'll see.
I think Drose was a reach but a low risk one. He played real well. JUst too hung up on next contract? Other stress related issues???
Jennings? He said one thing, acted in another. Melo similar, talks the talk, but does not submit to the team concept.
Shaming Melo? Not PHil's best moment, but nothing was incorrect and "Holding the ball" is not god awful.
When the core is Melo, JR, Shump, and Tyson, things had to change. Barganani was bad. Real bad.

Barganani was pre-Phil. Just to set the records right

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

6/23/2017  5:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2017  5:42 PM
I know three ex-Knick head-coaches that would have selected Frank Nitty with the 8th pick and not look back .. Red Holzman .. Hubie Brown .. Pat Riley

I dont give 71 yr ole senile Phil Jackson any points or credit for any of the 3 great selection in the 2017 draft class. The Knicks coaching-staff are still a JOKE of Losers hired by the HOF senile coach who should have retired from all aspects of the NBA after the 2012 season.

I only hope the Knicks dont do anything stupid like put Frank Nitty in the starting lineup throughout his rookie season no matter how much Frank improve by midseason. Frank Nitty should come off the bench bringing energy throughout his rookie season, i rather Frank earn his starter job .. and not become a swelled up pus head with a big ego who think he could miss meetings .. Phils fault for putting a undevelop raw clueless player in the starter lineup for two seasons.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

6/23/2017  6:16 PM
fishmike wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Uptown wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:Fran Fraschilla said that Fran is neither a pure pg nor a shooting guard. After watching more film on Frank, I think in order for him to reach his full potential and be a legit starter in this league, I think he needs to be groomed as a point. 6'5 is big for a pg, not so much as a shooting guard specially at 170...Below is a clip I found of him running the point and for the most part, running exclusive PNR...If he can play the point and more importantly defend pg's, he has a chance to be a starter in this league....

while this video is vs. his peers this shows a few things. 1) that athletically he is most certainly an NBA athlete and above average there at worst. 2) he most certainly can be a lead guard with a killer instinct. It was that which put him on the map in the first place 3) he's been playing among men and his job is to defend and play mistake free BB

This board is funny...

"Phil has drafted well... look at KP and Willy."
- those are Gaine's picks

"The same staff that scouted KP and Willy picked Ntilikina"
- Phil has phucked up this draft by not taking Dennis Smith

Admittedly, I was one of the main ones venting about selecting Frank over Smith. I still feel like Smith is a better prospect and that if the Knicks were zeroing in on Frank, they probably could have traded back, picked up an asset and select Frank a few picks later. But, Frank is a Knick now, so its time to move forward and hope that he can flourish here.

This. Phil has done well in the past but that doesn't make him or his scouting team God. I just hope Ntilikina can blossom soon and hopefully turn into George Hill.

God.. no, but how about benefit of the doubt?

Frank is a gym rat, has a good family and support and is a winner. He's shown he can play with pros, fit in as an 18 year old and have an impact playing a role. Before playing that role he took over the U18 and established himself as the best prospect in EU. People act like Smith is a sure thing in Frank is a total mystery. Simply not the case.

Not that Frank is a total mystery but that Smith would provide better long term and short term prospect down the line. From everything I've seen and resaerched, DSJ is the prototypical PG who kills defenses in many ways,takes a chunk of the scoring and has plenty defensive upside. He ticks more boxes than Frank. Nevertheless I could be very wrong and Frank ends up being perfect for us and given Phil's record with foreign players I probably am.
The Future is Bright!
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
6/23/2017  7:11 PM
TPercy wrote:
fishmike wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Uptown wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:Fran Fraschilla said that Fran is neither a pure pg nor a shooting guard. After watching more film on Frank, I think in order for him to reach his full potential and be a legit starter in this league, I think he needs to be groomed as a point. 6'5 is big for a pg, not so much as a shooting guard specially at 170...Below is a clip I found of him running the point and for the most part, running exclusive PNR...If he can play the point and more importantly defend pg's, he has a chance to be a starter in this league....

while this video is vs. his peers this shows a few things. 1) that athletically he is most certainly an NBA athlete and above average there at worst. 2) he most certainly can be a lead guard with a killer instinct. It was that which put him on the map in the first place 3) he's been playing among men and his job is to defend and play mistake free BB

This board is funny...

Admittedly, I was one of the main ones venting about selecting Frank over Smith. I still feel like Smith is a better prospect and that if the Knicks were zeroing in on Frank, they probably could have traded back, picked up an asset and select Frank a few picks later. But, Frank is a Knick now, so its time to move forward and hope that he can flourish here.

This. Phil has done well in the past but that doesn't make him or his scouting team God. I just hope Ntilikina can blossom soon and hopefully turn into George Hill.

Frank is a gym rat, has a good family and support and is a winner. He's shown he can play with pros, fit in as an 18 year old and have an impact playing a role. Before playing that role he took over the U18 and established himself as the best prospect in EU. People act like Smith is a sure thing in Frank is a total mystery. Simply not the case.

Not that Frank is a total mystery but that Smith would provide better long term and short term prospect down the line. From everything I've seen and resaerched, DSJ is the prototypical PG who kills defenses in many ways,takes a chunk of the scoring and has plenty defensive upside. He ticks more boxes than Frank. Nevertheless I could be very wrong and Frank ends up being perfect for us and given Phil's record with foreign players I probably am.

C'mon DSJ has very little defensive upside. Now you are just making crap up. He has short arms and hasn't really shown any desire to expend himself on the defensive side. Probably if you did compare all "these boxes" of these 2 players, Frankie would check off more boxes--passing, shooting, defense, team player. DSJ gets more athletic, better penetrator..

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/23/2017  7:34 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
fishmike wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Uptown wrote:
fishmike wrote:

This board is funny...

C'mon DSJ has very little defensive upside. Now you are just making crap up. He has short arms and hasn't really shown any desire to expend himself on the defensive side. Probably if you did compare all "these boxes" of these 2 players, Frankie would check off more boxes--passing, shooting, defense, team player. DSJ gets more athletic, better penetrator..

exactly. Smith is a scorer and a ball handler. There are no boxes to check for defense and guys with knee operations always get a check box for that also. Smith also shows no court vision. He is a fantastic scorer who like Marbury could get any shot. His passes were always good because he drew so much attention so any ball movement off that is going to a plus. Thats it. Other check boxes are not the positive ones. I liked DS but to say its some given he's the better prospect doesnt have much basis in reality.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
6/23/2017  8:03 PM
Does anyone else think he moves slowly ? His crossover and moves are against slower players. That's my # 1 concern. He may not be able to get his own shot off
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/23/2017  9:15 PM
Whats the rate of euros that enter the league compared to Americans? Within this draft alone there were 7 euros drafted out of 60 players taken actually 6 because Ferguson is American. Last yr was 16 out of 60, the year before 13 out of 60. Out of those some of them will stay in Europe and never even come to the NBA.

Euros doesn't produce the amount of players America does. So their players all have to be superstars in order to make up for the smaller amount of players they produce.

Using the same flawed logic, there will be more American bust in total out of this draft then Euro bust.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

6/23/2017  9:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2017  9:28 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
fishmike wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Uptown wrote:
fishmike wrote:

This board is funny...

exactly. Smith is a scorer and a ball handler. There are no boxes to check for defense and guys with knee operations always get a check box for that also. Smith also shows no court vision. He is a fantastic scorer who like Marbury could get any shot. His passes were always good because he drew so much attention so any ball movement off that is going to a plus. Thats it. Other check boxes are not the positive ones. I liked DS but to say its some given he's the better prospect doesnt have much basis in reality.

Pinned! Come on Fish? I guess all those involved in USA basketball who thinks DS is a top prospect and future star is not living in reality. At least not UK reality. The only unrealistic reality is thinking this was a better talent pick and not a Triangle pick. Which fair enough, Presidents pick their own road map, but why not trade down and get two of those Triangle picks and not just one? As everyone else in the world prefers talent over Triangle fit.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
newyorknewyork
6/23/2017  9:52 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
fishmike wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Uptown wrote:
fishmike wrote:

This board is funny...

Pinned! Come on Fish? I guess all those involved in USA basketball who thinks DS is a top prospect and future star is not living in reality. At least not UK reality. The only unrealistic reality is thinking this was a better talent pick and not a Triangle pick. Which fair enough, Presidents pick their own road map, but why not trade down and get two of those Triangle picks and not just one? As everyone else in the world prefers talent over Triangle fit.

I think they view Frank as a really talented prospect, as well as a system fit. He was projected in the lottery in this draft for a reason. If he was only viewed as a project and/or a low ceiling player then he would be like Ferguson, Hartensten, Bolden, Lessort be projected and selected in the mid first round to 2nd round.

blkexec
Member: #748
6/23/2017  11:14 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
fishmike wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Uptown wrote:
fishmike wrote:

This board is funny...

I think they view Frank as a really talented prospect, as well as a system fit. He was projected in the lottery in this draft for a reason. If he was only viewed as a project and/or a low ceiling player then he would be like Ferguson, Hartensten, Bolden, Lessort be projected and selected in the mid first round to 2nd round.

It didn't matter who we pick....couldve been Jesus. Until we develop a winning culture like the spurs, there's always a group of knick fans complaining. and I don't blame them...we sucked so long, its very common to have a lack of confidence in your team.

But in order to build a winning franchise, u have to add enough glue guys to form your structure.....and then u take a chance on a young kobe or potential MJ. Phil took the sure route....and added a player he knew would contribute.

Most scoring guards .....especially under sized....will do more hurt than help. they only impact the game with scoring....and too selfish to work on team ball and lead a team of grown men. instead they come in with a selfish agenda....

I've always give Phil credit was making the best decision...not always the most popular one. only Phil has the ego for that.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

6/24/2017  12:15 AM
Paris907 wrote:Does anyone else think he moves slowly ? His crossover and moves are against slower players. That's my # 1 concern. He may not be able to get his own shot off

He's not a beat you off the dribble, drive and score PG.
He's more of a come off a screen or motion, pull up.
Get a screen on ball set and then drive, look to pass or score.
Looks to set up the offense.
Push the ball in transition.

In a way I think he's got Rondo potential with a better jumpshot.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/24/2017  12:53 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
Paris907 wrote:Does anyone else think he moves slowly ? His crossover and moves are against slower players. That's my # 1 concern. He may not be able to get his own shot off

He plays at his own pace. Plus, he'll be able to get his shot off with his size alone. Think of guys like Sam Cassell, Jrue Holiday, Derrick Harper etc. Don't get caught up with crossovers. All a crossover is designed to do is get you from point A to point B. Mark Jackson never had a crossover and he was able to manuever wherever he needed.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

6/24/2017  2:48 AM
Nalod wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Winning titles eh?

Only 1 Dirk Nowitzki

Or Tony Parker...

Toni Kukoc? Eh

Later on not now.

Jackson.

Knick organization.

Offense for nba success.

Thus, fewer starphuchs.

Very well said Nalod
been awhile, long time how have u been bud?

anyhow I am going to get soft on my complaining since ..Phil has not only ticked off me but other knick fans cause of
arrogance-aged!

The France kid is good natured smart kid
But Phil ignored history here as far as NY foreign players BAD luck, with only KP and Ewing the 2 two good
picks since what 1986? 31 yrs..

Horrible.. I like the SG drafted from teams

But I dont see alot of the Knick philosophy other than STUFFING TRIANGLE OFFENSE DOWN Ny fans throats.
Enough said, No MJ nor Scotty, No Shaq no Kobe here OR drafted to run triangle, square, boxed rectange
of whatever Mr Phil wants to preach his gospel..

Good luck ! to us
*Thank god for MLB and NFL seasons

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
6/24/2017  7:12 AM
Smith will be a 22 ppg scorer, and Momk too will fill it up and perhaps without the need of the ball in his hand excessively. 'Kina to me looks slow ... it could be me ...I like the stroke but it looks slow as well. If in 3 years he averages 16.5ppg and is a starter I guess that's good. Yet D Smith and Momk are aggressive scorers in a league where we just saw the NBA finals with scores in the 130s (like the ABA days)... I've defenses Phil and hate the media. He's a contrarian but I hope it's not for contrarian sake. Has the game passed Phil by? Is the triangle dead? Is respect too much to ask. Maybe Phil is picking young European players he believes he can "control" and that won't be tainted by social media and other Brash non conforming (i.e. Melo) type of players. That's from an article I read yesterday and frankly objectively thought it might have merit. I'd obviously want to see Phil succeed but in this his 4th year he's ostracized the media, Melo and now Porzingis. I'll be keen to see how he's gonna mend fences.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/24/2017  10:26 AM
TPercy wrote:
Uptown wrote:
fishmike wrote:

This board is funny...

G.Hill is the guy i've been comparing him to and hoping he can become in the NBA. I was actually hoping we could get G.Hill in free agency.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/24/2017  11:38 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:

This would be best case scenario which would be a real nice player
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/24/2017  11:41 AM
Paris907 wrote:Smith will be a 22 ppg scorer, and Momk too will fill it up and perhaps without the need of the ball in his hand excessively. 'Kina to me looks slow ... it could be me ...I like the stroke but it looks slow as well. If in 3 years he averages 16.5ppg and is a starter I guess that's good. Yet D Smith and Momk are aggressive scorers in a league where we just saw the NBA finals with scores in the 130s (like the ABA days)... I've defenses Phil and hate the media. He's a contrarian but I hope it's not for contrarian sake. Has the game passed Phil by? Is the triangle dead? Is respect too much to ask. Maybe Phil is picking young European players he believes he can "control" and that won't be tainted by social media and other Brash non conforming (i.e. Melo) type of players. That's from an article I read yesterday and frankly objectively thought it might have merit. I'd obviously want to see Phil succeed but in this his 4th year he's ostracized the media, Melo and now Porzingis. I'll be keen to see how he's gonna mend fences.

He may be off on the Euro control theory considering Porzingis has broke new grounds in terms of me first NBA players
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
newyorknewyork
6/24/2017  11:50 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

This would be best case scenario which would be a real nice player

Rondo was a great rebounder though. I havent really seen Frank get after the boards which he needs to change given his length.

Knicks pick Frank N at #8

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy