Knicks pick Frank N at #8
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
6/22/2017  11:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2017  11:52 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Smith has all-star potential; Nitty has starter potential. We didn't take the best player available. Cuban smokescreen about wanting Nitty and hiring his coach for Summer League squad so he can get Smith.

So they scouted Frank intensely for ver a year, the owner and pres went to France a week before the draft to see him play,have pics taken with him and hire his coach for the summer league so they coud draft Dennis Smith? What a rouse.

Seriously. That's like the best trick job ever. I'm not even mad. I'm quite impressed, actually. A whole wheel of cheese?

~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/22/2017  11:54 PM
With Smith you have to worry about the injury, you have to worry about the character, you have to worry about the fit. He fell to 9 for a reason and its not because of his talent. Dallas is a good spot for him though its a good org for him to play for.

Frank should be a building block for the culture we should be looking to establish here.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

6/22/2017  11:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2017  11:57 PM
I hope we don't rush this kid and don't go nuts with DSJ comparisons and just invest in him being the best Ntilikina he can be. But that's obviously too much to ask for from our fans.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/23/2017  12:29 AM
meloshouldgo wrote: w
I hope we don't rush this kid and don't go nuts with DSJ comparisons and just invest in him being the best Ntilikina he can be. But that's obviously too much to ask for from our fans.

Knicks won't rush Frank. They scout well and use the d league well since Phil has been pres.

I disagree about Knick fans. Look at how many guys are still all in with Phil. How do you defend a guy that falls asleep during workouts, 'forgets' about missed exit meetings, trashes guys e wants to trade before the trade and then takes pennies on the dollar for them, gives out ridicuolous contracts to old, declining, injured guys, won't make the guy he wants to coach the end coach but forces him onto the staff of his coaches, is not very engaged in the job most of the time etc..,guys are still all in with Phil.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/23/2017  12:40 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Knicks won't rush Frank. They scout well and use the d league well since Phil has been pres.

I disagree about Knick fans. Look at how many guys are still all in with Phil. How do you defend a guy that falls asleep during workouts, 'forgets' about missed exit meetings, trashes guys e wants to trade before the trade and then takes pennies on the dollar for them, gives out ridicuolous contracts to old, declining, injured guys, won't make the guy he wants to coach the end coach but forces him onto the staff of his coaches, is not very engaged in the job most of the time etc..,guys are still all in with Phil.

Can you talk about anything other than Phil? You are like the Troll of Trolls.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

6/23/2017  12:45 AM
Jmpasq wrote:great, Iman Shumpert 2

Shumpert couldn't hit that three pointer if his life depended on it. Also, no attitude. Won the equivalent of the Rising Star award this year.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
reub
Member: #6227

6/23/2017  12:57 AM
We got Baby Giannis. Our destiny has been fulfilled.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/23/2017  1:01 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Can you talk about anything other than Phil? You are like the Troll of Trolls.

Either you are very new here or you are very selective in what you choose to read.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Sangfroid

6/23/2017  1:14 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:

That looks like NBA 3 point range to me. Just imagine if he played defense....

Sangfroid

6/23/2017  1:18 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
codeunknown wrote:Surprised that there is not a slightly more positive reaction to this pick. Defense can count more than offense when you have multi-positional stopper potential.

Everyone is too busy crying over that short gunner from Kentucky. Look, guys like that will be available next year and the year after. Frank is a unique talent who allows to be flexible in the coming years. Maybe we can get a short, defensively challenge gunner next year. Maybe we get a scoring lead guard. If we drafted Monk, we'd spinning our wheels next year trying to find a tall playmaker who can shoot and play D. We know how easy those are to find.

Our 2nd round pick, Daymean Dotson is a lights out, 6'6", SG. The possibilities are endless.

Sangfroid

6/23/2017  1:20 AM
magicTs wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:great, Iman Shumpert 2

HiS IQ his higher than shump right now

A ****ing brick wall has a higher IQ than Shumpert. He's dumb as a box of frogs.

Amen.... Don't forget that 'tude

Kemet
Member: #6148

6/23/2017  1:37 AM
GREAT PICK! The Knicks LACK Defense the past three seasons .. we need players like Frank Nitty defensive-mindset in the 4th quarter to provide STOPS to win. Our previous season the 3 franchise players Rose/Melo/KP were clueless on the defensive end!!!
Kemet
Member: #6148

6/23/2017  1:49 AM
Sangfroid wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Left-hand dribble pass dunk ..
Right-hand dribble pass dunk ..
Top-10 pick!
Yep! Dallas Coach Rick Carlisle wanted the 18 yr old Frank Nitty to lead the Mavs

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

6/23/2017  2:15 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:With Smith you have to worry about the injury, you have to worry about the character, you have to worry about the fit. He fell to 9 for a reason and its not because of his talent. Dallas is a good spot for him though its a good org for him to play for.

Frank should be a building block for the culture we should be looking to establish here.

Frank shoots 43% from 3 in a pro league again a pro league his team is going to consecutive championships he's a winning basketball player ... we picked the better younger player.

His stats don't jump off the map like DSJ but he's a more polished system player

DSJ is a terrible defender, think a less talented rose is a good comparison... has all the physical tools but struggles to make his teammates better. Has a severe case of tunnel vision. It can tend to wow people with his athleticism and spectacular drives to the hoop. But also shows a lack of motivation especially when it counts.

To compare djs to Westbrook is silly, Westbrook has won all his life and makes his teammates better the is evedent all the way back to college at ucla..

There is really no comparison for frank because we've never seen a pg like him.. and he's a winner and the right pick at 8... like KP he will make all the doubters feel ashamed they felt that way ... this kid has superstar potential on both ends...

I find it really funny the ESPN guys are even giving a analysis on frank,none of them have even seen him play... it's like when everyone wanted us to draft winslow over KP lol if Phil did that he'd be fired already.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

6/23/2017  2:19 AM
Kemet wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Left-hand dribble pass dunk ..
Right-hand dribble pass dunk ..
Top-10 pick!
Yep! Dallas Coach Rick Carlisle wanted the 18 yr old Frank Nitty to lead the Mavs

Wow definitely best player available at 8 possible biggest steal in the draft

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
6/23/2017  5:45 AM
Hopefully the NBA isn't too fast and physical for him. We aren't going to be good next year so he should get plenty of playing time to develop.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/23/2017  6:20 AM
nixluva wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:Give me a name of euro player's?
Whom starred and impact this nba
Winning titles eh?

Only 1 Dirk Nowitzki

And NBA and world well knew Dirk before
Nba stardom and talents then nba title.

Name me another eh??? Go and try

Only role player such as Manu
Or Tony Parker...

Toni Kukoc? Eh
None nba hall of famers such as Dirk.

So the knicks #8 pick bust in making
Later on not now.

This is why knicks cant build winning

Nitty may not be the Star type offensive guard most wanted but he fits the type of On Ball Defender Phil said he wanted. Just gotta trust the scouts did their job. I was hoping for more dynamic scoring but I can see why Phil would want Nitty. He's unselfish almost to a fault but then he's only 18.

I think there is a good chance we get the number 1 pick next year, which is probably a good thing. Without Melo we maybe the= worst offensive team in the NBA

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

6/23/2017  7:28 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:Give me a name of euro player's?
Whom starred and impact this nba
Winning titles eh?

Only 1 Dirk Nowitzki

And NBA and world well knew Dirk before
Nba stardom and talents then nba title.

Name me another eh??? Go and try

Only role player such as Manu
Or Tony Parker...

Toni Kukoc? Eh
None nba hall of famers such as Dirk.

So the knicks #8 pick bust in making
Later on not now.

This is why knicks cant build winning

Nitty may not be the Star type offensive guard most wanted but he fits the type of On Ball Defender Phil said he wanted. Just gotta trust the scouts did their job. I was hoping for more dynamic scoring but I can see why Phil would want Nitty. He's unselfish almost to a fault but then he's only 18.

I think there is a good chance we get the number 1 pick next year, which is probably a good thing. Without Melo we maybe the= worst offensive team in the NBA

I hear you Nixluva and will trust you but, WE will see
I just cant trust the knickerbockers and especially Phil
Jackson.

Nitty is a skilled 'project' moreso than KP

I feel as a fan, knicks fan are tired of projects and
Disappointment simply said.

Have not heard any blogs nor NBA gurus say this 8th
Pick is slam dunk cant miss.

He seems like 2nd coming of KP 'needs body build up'
As far as strength and will be abused on defensive
Side with under.developed body.

This the case despite his European defensive abilities
dont seem to me the DJ that will cut it in usa pro
Hoops unless he gets in gym and build his body up.

So far despite KP skills on shotblocking and toughness
KPs prone to injuries and durability issues which is a
Concern for these soft physique euro guys.

Hope i am wrong but Malik Mounk fills a need in nba
Call it high possibility = nba star soon!

KP may be one day but see how many euro stars has been
Anything but a decent player above role player in nba

Thus my point is Malik would cut it be a star to
Attract other very good stars and players to a floundering
Knick organization.

Frank Nitty unless he isnt a bust will not
Be reasons nba players wsnt to come to NYK
Much less come to learn executing Phil's triangle
Offense for nba success.

Sad knicks feel that cant emulate success from
Nba winners franchises like Spurs, GS, etc.

But to trust Nixluvs assessment.
Wasted too.much coronas, vodk and drinks
Last night in being pi-:%$ed off at our
NYK team the norm as failing to pick up
Malik a cant miss pro to be a star.

No one wants to be a knick!
These picks wanting to be in New York is
Another story differently from wanting to
Be a knick to turn around our NYK francise.

USA hoops college stars from here get smacked
In face by NYK and ignored regardless of where
Knicks pick# is and that's a fact!

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/23/2017  7:58 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Nice.
That jumper looks really good for someone who isn't a big time shooter.
Looks just like a solid all around guard. Can do a little bit of everything, No huge strength but no big weakness.
Also looks like he can push the ball on the break something Hornachek likes his guards to do.

Interesting to see if we are blaze enough to start Ntilikina and Baker together on opening night. If Baker and Nti can hit their outside shots, I'd start both of them. Defense should be our priority as should team work,

They should! Baker can shoot but he has problems creating his own shot. We will see a much more confident shooter this season

(5)(5)
Ira
Member: #91
6/23/2017  8:30 AM
I hope this means that we're past isolation basketball. The emphasis needs to be on ball movement offensively and on tough man to man defense. I think that's why Phil drafted Frank and why he's encouraging Carmelo to waive his no trade clause.
Knicks pick Frank N at #8

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy