[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks pick Frank N at #8
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

6/22/2017  10:46 PM
We got a role player on offense but the player with the highest defensive potential in the draft.

Defensively, I'm excited at the potential of having Porzingis and Ntilikina defending the screen and rolls. It's not going to be as easy to score on us as many think.

AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/22/2017  10:51 PM
knickslions wrote:Knicks so far only team that reached. All other picks have been solid and played in ncaa

Considering the draft history of teams like phoenix, minnesota, Orlando and the lakers,arguing any team should be following the strategy they're choosing is a reach.

codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
6/22/2017  10:51 PM
Surprised that there is not a slightly more positive reaction to this pick. Defense can count more than offense when you have multi-positional stopper potential.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/22/2017  10:55 PM
6'5 to 7'3 KP could be great pick n roll action. oh wait we want to play triangle
i agree with the person that said we need to tank hard this coming season and trade melo.

but no letting frank stay in france. he needs to learn on the job.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/22/2017  10:57 PM
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/22/2017  11:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2017  11:01 PM
Cartman718 wrote:6'5 to 7'3 KP could be great pick n roll action. oh wait we want to play triangle
i agree with the person that said we need to tank hard this coming season and trade melo.

but no letting frank stay in france. he needs to learn on the job.

I know it's funny to joke about Triangle but on a serious note Jeff uses Early Spread PnR n Drag Screens flowing into Triangle! Also in Triangle you have the Two man game in Pinch Post!

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

6/22/2017  11:02 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:We got a role player on offense but the player with the highest defensive potential in the draft.

Defensively, I'm excited at the potential of having Porzingis and Ntilikina defending the screen and rolls. It's not going to be as easy to score on us as many think.

This may not be true but okay. It really depends on his body and if he can guard pgs on the NBA level. If he only becomes a wing defender his potential goes down a lot.

BigDaddyG
Member: #3049

6/22/2017  11:04 PM
codeunknown wrote:Surprised that there is not a slightly more positive reaction to this pick. Defense can count more than offense when you have multi-positional stopper potential.

Everyone is too busy crying over that short gunner from Kentucky. Look, guys like that will be available next year and the year after. Frank is a unique talent who allows to be flexible in the coming years. Maybe we can get a short, defensively challenge gunner next year. Maybe we get a scoring lead guard. If we drafted Monk, we'd spinning our wheels next year trying to find a tall playmaker who can shoot and play D. We know how easy those are to find.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
codeunknown
6/22/2017  11:06 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:We got a role player on offense but the player with the highest defensive potential in the draft.

This may not be true but okay. It really depends on his body and if he can guard pgs on the NBA level. If he only becomes a wing defender his potential goes down a lot.

Agree, regarding him needing to guard 1s well to justify the pick. I'll buy on that - where do you stand? Outside of Isaac, do you think anyone has higher defensive potential?

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
WaltLongmire

6/22/2017  11:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2017  11:16 PM
codeunknown wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Agree, regarding him needing to guard 1s well to justify the pick. I'll buy on that - where do you stand? Outside of Isaac, do you think anyone has higher defensive potential?

You can make a case that Isaac is just a larger version of Frank but without the jump shot. Both have slight frames right now though I think Ntilikina might be further along than Isaac in terms of filling out his frame.
Have a feeling that Issac (I see him as a 3, to be honest) will have a tougher time at the 4 than Ntilikina will have at the 1 or 2.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nyknickzingis

6/22/2017  11:19 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

Nice.
That jumper looks really good for someone who isn't a big time shooter.
Looks just like a solid all around guard. Can do a little bit of everything, No huge strength but no big weakness.
Also looks like he can push the ball on the break something Hornachek likes his guards to do.

Interesting to see if we are blaze enough to start Ntilikina and Baker together on opening night. If Baker and Nti can hit their outside shots, I'd start both of them. Defense should be our priority as should team work,

codeunknown
6/22/2017  11:21 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

You can make a case that Isaac is just a larger version of Frank but without the jump shot. Both have slight frames right now though I think Ntilikina might be further along than Isaac in terms of filling out his frame.
Have a feeling that Issac (I see him as a 3, to be honest) will have a tougher time at the 4 than Ntilikina will have at the 1 or 2.

Agree - as I said, I'll buy on Frank being a unique stopper at the 1 position. Curious as to who Yellow has ranked at the top defensively, outside of Isaac who I already know he liked.

magicTs
Member: #5564

6/22/2017  11:23 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:great, Iman Shumpert 2

HiS IQ his higher than shump right now

A ****ing brick wall has a higher IQ than Shumpert. He's dumb as a box of frogs.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/22/2017  11:23 PM
Damn the 76ers took Bolden in the 2nd round
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
yellowboy90

6/22/2017  11:27 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

I think Isaac is one but I think Issac is a better shooter than Frank. Isaac had a terrible march that dropped his percentage. Mitchell is another guy who has defensive potential and then you have Anunoby, Hart, Thornwell. Josh Jackson should be mentioned too.
yellowboy90

6/22/2017  11:31 PM
codeunknown wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Agree - as I said, I'll buy on Frank being a unique stopper at the 1 position. Curious as to who Yellow has ranked at the top defensively, outside of Isaac who I already know he liked.

I will also say this. I think Dennis Smith Jr can possibly be the best pg defender in this draft if he tightens up his technique. Watching over some of his Phil he had some technique issues of guarding players too high up the court which makes it. When he is using the correct technique he is a Lowry/Paul type whose physical strength and lateral quickness help him navigate through screens.

nyknickzingis

6/22/2017  11:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2017  11:38 PM
I don't mean to say that Nti will be the best defensive player in this draft, but talent wise I think he is. He can cover 3 spots. Check guys full court. Skills and size are there. Whether he puts it together at the NBA level, we will see. I won't bet on it, but I like we made a move for defensive purposes after a year of Rose/Melo and poor defense.

This team needs active perimeter defenders who will take a challenge on. It's why I like Ron Baker.

We just need to bring Nti along very slowly on offense. The Triangle is going to be run and must be run. We can't rely on a traditional point guard game. This way the most pressure on Nti will be to bring the ball up, set up the offense and react to what the defense does. Play a Derek Fisher role. It's not going to be sexy at first, but meanwhile he can develop his game and confidence and how to attack against NBA level defenses. The first year though, I would be quite happy if all he did was play a Derek Fisher role and then gave his all on defense. We're not trying to win a championship next year. Keep expectations low for Nti on offense. But give him minutes and maybe even start him. He needs to learn and develop. If Phil is right, the kid is bright, and understands system basketball and knows how to pick his spots.

I'm excited about the length and potential athletic size of this team with Porzingis and Ntilikina together. Not too many teams have that kind of combination. Maybe in 2 years, Nti will be ready to be more of an attack point guard and then wow, we'd really have something there with him and KP.

WaltLongmire

6/22/2017  11:40 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Nice.
That jumper looks really good for someone who isn't a big time shooter.
Looks just like a solid all around guard. Can do a little bit of everything, No huge strength but no big weakness.
Also looks like he can push the ball on the break something Hornachek likes his guards to do.

Interesting to see if we are blaze enough to start Ntilikina and Baker together on opening night. If Baker and Nti can hit their outside shots, I'd start both of them. Defense should be our priority as should team work,

Jumper looks solid, and as I've been saying, only a short time ago he was known for having a poor J.

In this kind of 1/1 video I rarely consider dribbling and some of the other skills, but shooting form in a gym carries over to the game court, IMO, and his shooting stats improved, which indicates to me that he's really worked on making his shot consistent. If I knew nothing about his and you told me he had a reputation as a sniper from the outside, I would belive it based on what I've seen from his jumper.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/22/2017  11:42 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Smith has all-star potential; Nitty has starter potential. We didn't take the best player available. Cuban smokescreen about wanting Nitty and hiring his coach for Summer League squad so he can get Smith.

So they scouted Frank intensely for ver a year, the owner and pres went to France a week before the draft to see him play,have pics taken with him and hire his coach for the summer league so they coud draft Dennis Smith? What a rouse.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
codeunknown
6/22/2017  11:44 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

I will also say this. I think Dennis Smith Jr can possibly be the best pg defender in this draft if he tightens up his technique. Watching over some of his Phil he had some technique issues of guarding players too high up the court which makes it. When he is using the correct technique he is a Lowry/Paul type whose physical strength and lateral quickness help him navigate through screens.

Disagree here. I like DSJ, had him 3rd on my board and think he can be a good defender in spurts, and better than average overall. But his lack of length doesn't allow him to meaningfully contest and guard the drive against high level NBA guards. He's also a switch liability, which is a major concern with how the majority of teams run offense currently.

Knicks pick Frank N at #8

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy