[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks pick Frank N at #8
Author Thread
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

6/22/2017  9:23 PM
This pick assures the Knicks at least 3 more years in the lottery
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Member: #6239

6/22/2017  9:25 PM
Dagger wrote:All these people talking about a Cuban smokescreen like phil gives a **** who Cuban likes LOL.
This! Like Jackson was going to draft Smith before Cuban expressed interest in Frank and that changed his mind. The logic is ridiculous.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/22/2017  9:34 PM
Andrew wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:great, Iman Shumpert 2

except plays PG, can shoot, is 18, can pass and makes for others

Has a brain and doesn't have teeth like Andre the giant.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/22/2017  9:38 PM
nixluva wrote:
Uptown wrote:
nixluva wrote:
codeunknown wrote:I would have preferred DSJ, but no complaints with Frank. Don't overlook his potential as a defensive superstar at positions 1-2. Defense is hugely important and he is a match-up advantage there down the line against everyone at those positions.

Yeah this is about changing the IDENTITY of the team more than going for the highest offensive ceiling guy. Can't complain about the logic if you really want to establish a DEFENSIVE identity.

Come on Nix! You wanted no parts of Frank and you said as much in multiple threads...Now the phil has officially taken him, now he's the perfect fit?

I said EXACTLY what I'm saying now. Not a high ceiling guy! Go check what I said. I never said I hated the kid so don't LIE! I said I wanted a High Ceiling guy that could take over games but that's not Nitty. However the appeal is defense and unselfish play. He's a Triangle fit but not a star. So F you cuz I didn't change my view.

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=55621&page=56

nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19681478/most-likely-all-stars-starters-role-players-top-2017-nba-draft

Thx for posting this. It was a good read. The guys I've been most high on Isaac, Monk and Fox held up well. I'd be satisfied with Monk at 8 and shocked but ecstatic if we got Isaac. I'd be fine with Nitty tho he scares me a bit.

reub
Member: #6227

6/22/2017  9:40 PM
I like our Baby Giannis!
meloshouldgo

6/22/2017  9:42 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Getting Porzingis draft day reactions from some folks on Frank...I got a list of them somewhere...maybe I should list them.

Guys already talking about him as a bust?

He was VERY well scouted, and Gaines got to see him play too.

KP was the top international player and look how he turned out...heard the same crap about him on draft day.

You have a kid who has drastically improved his shot, which used to be seen as a weakness for him, in a very short time. He can easily play at SG, and with some added strength, his 7"1" wingspan will mean he'll be able to defend at the 3 very soon.

Guys are missing the boat on what he might be able to do, but that is typical with some folks around here when it comes to foreign players.

KP's tape was pretty middling, there was plenty of full games on Youtube so i get why people werent happy.He looked much better in the summer league. As far as Frank not as much tape but I wasnt impressed at all watching him. I think he is a solid player that can guard 3 spots but he looks like a 25 minute reserve to me

This an 18 year old boy playing on a championship team on a pretty good league. But yeah let's decide he is 25 minute reserve.

SJUknicksfan
Member: #5665

6/22/2017  9:46 PM
Would have preferred Smith, but not upset with Ntilikina. Has serious upside, plays defense. Can shoot.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
6/22/2017  9:47 PM
its a fine pick. the kid can defend and shoot.
RSparrow2
Member: #6473

6/22/2017  9:50 PM
I'm ok with it, actually trust the Knick scouts who made this pick...not so much Jackson..
meloshouldgo

GoNyGoNyGo wrote:its a fine pick. the kid can defend and shoot.

People hate him because he is an euro, that's honestly it plus the usual lust for the usual bust with "all star potential".

codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
If you don't want to draft elite defensive potential or heady players, don't complain when the defense is atrocious and mental mistakes cost games.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

6/22/2017  9:55 PM
Jmpasq wrote:This pick assures the Knicks at least 3 more years in the lottery

Waste..
If knicks in
Lottery
Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

6/22/2017  9:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2017  9:56 PM
Said it on another post....

To me, he is a longer version of Grant. Something I always saw in Grant was his jittery demeanor as a point guard. Never polished. This kid looks as he will have the same issues with his outside shooting, handle against pressure defense and dealing with the NY/NBA pressure. Think Smith will prove to be one of the better players in this years draft. Even Monk is an NBA ready prospect and will help any team with his outside shooting. I hope I am wrong but seems like a stretch of a pick. Was afraid of the Triangle pick. A type of pick we could have made with our 44 pick. Hope he proves me wrong.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

6/22/2017  10:03 PM
Give me a name of euro player's?
Whom starred and impact this nba
Winning titles eh?

Only 1 Dirk Nowitzki

And NBA and world well knew Dirk before
Nba stardom and talents then nba title.

Name me another eh??? Go and try

Only role player such as Manu
Or Tony Parker...

Toni Kukoc? Eh
None nba hall of famers such as Dirk.

So the knicks #8 pick bust in making
Later on not now.

This is why knicks cant build winning

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/22/2017  10:06 PM
Uptown wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Irony. People bitched when we took KP over winslow,mudiay,stein etc....and here we are again. Whether you hate phil or not he has done well with draft picks especially euro players

You mean like Jerian Grant?

This....

Have to say that I did not know of Grant too well when we picked him...but he was very popular with guys around here. Pretty sure that at one point earlier in the year Briggs pegged him as a lottery pick.

I think they expected him to do the kind of stuff Baker eventually did for us as a rookie...I thought he would be better, and who knows how he eventually turns out, but there were a number of PG disappointments in that draft, including Payne by OKC, and Mudiay by Denver.

I was OK with the trade at the time based on what others said about Grant, but had not thought about him once in the days leading up to the draft.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Ira
Member: #91
6/22/2017  10:07 PM
He reminds me of Ginobli - a very smart player and a team player who finds ways to get things done. He's a great defender and a very good shooter. He's more of a player than an athlete.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/22/2017  10:16 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:Give me a name of euro player's?
Whom starred and impact this nba
Winning titles eh?

Only 1 Dirk Nowitzki

And NBA and world well knew Dirk before
Nba stardom and talents then nba title.

Name me another eh??? Go and try

Only role player such as Manu
Or Tony Parker...

Toni Kukoc? Eh
None nba hall of famers such as Dirk.

So the knicks #8 pick bust in making
Later on not now.

This is why knicks cant build winning

Nitty may not be the Star type offensive guard most wanted but he fits the type of On Ball Defender Phil said he wanted. Just gotta trust the scouts did their job. I was hoping for more dynamic scoring but I can see why Phil would want Nitty. He's unselfish almost to a fault but then he's only 18.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/22/2017  10:25 PM
His IQ is really high for his age..But another guard that shy's away from contact
ES
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

6/22/2017  10:29 PM
reub wrote:I like our Baby Giannis!

Did the knicks trade for another draft pick?

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/22/2017  10:37 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Getting Porzingis draft day reactions from some folks on Frank...I got a list of them somewhere...maybe I should list them.

Guys already talking about him as a bust?

He was VERY well scouted, and Gaines got to see him play too.

KP was the top international player and look how he turned out...heard the same crap about him on draft day.

You have a kid who has drastically improved his shot, which used to be seen as a weakness for him, in a very short time. He can easily play at SG, and with some added strength, his 7"1" wingspan will mean he'll be able to defend at the 3 very soon.

Guys are missing the boat on what he might be able to do, but that is typical with some folks around here when it comes to foreign players.

KP's tape was pretty middling, there was plenty of full games on Youtube so i get why people werent happy.He looked much better in the summer league. As far as Frank not as much tape but I wasnt impressed at all watching him. I think he is a solid player that can guard 3 spots but he looks like a 25 minute reserve to me

Frank is extremely young, and you always have to remember that the Euro teams aren't playing their youngest kids like they are 1 and done freshman. He's been playing at a higher level of play than most college players, and as is always the case with younger Euros, he's played against adults.

I'm guessing we'll be happy with him. I think he'll have to settle in as far as confidence and asserting himself, but I think we've scouted him well, so I'm not that worried.

As I've also said a few times...this guy had a rep for having a so-so J only a short time ago, but when you see him now you would almost think he was a pure shooting SG. Also has a reputation for being a gym rat type player, which is something you always want in a player.

I think we'll be happy with him, but time will tell.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Knicks pick Frank N at #8

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy