Knicks pick Frank N at #8
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/22/2017  8:48 PM
EnySpree wrote:I can't wait to see him get his ass bust in summer league

I thought you said phil knows how to draft..lol

smith JR is to athletic for me, seems like a major injury waiting, he's already had the ACL injury..

ES
AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

6/22/2017  8:49 PM
franco12 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Smith has all-star potential; Nitty has starter potential. We didn't take the best player available. Cuban smokescreen about wanting Nitty and hiring his coach for Summer League squad so he can get Smith.

Don't let stats get in your way:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19681478/most-likely-all-stars-starters-role-players-top-2017-nba-draft

Frank had the highest % for being an all star - also highest bust potential.

Those are just one set of stats, you need to look at multiple pojection analytics

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/22/2017  8:49 PM
Irony. People bitched when we took KP over winslow,mudiay,stein etc....and here we are again. Whether you hate phil or not he has done well with draft picks especially euro players
Ira
Member: #91
6/22/2017  8:51 PM
I like it. He's a team player and a smart player. The days of isolation are on their way out. I love his d and his outside shooting.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/22/2017  8:51 PM
I could be wrong, but I have a hard time believing this was a Gaines pick with Smith and Monk on the board. Would be interested to hear what input he had in this decision.
yellowboy90

6/22/2017  8:52 PM
I would have taken Smith but welcome to the Knicks Frank. I've also made the George Hill comparison but hopefully he becomes A higher usg George Hill with similar or higher efficiency.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/22/2017  8:52 PM
I like the idea of his length and KP's length - hopefully that helps our defense. If we can knock off some of the BS with trading or not trading Melo & Phil with his triangle, and let our coach coach and players player, should be a fun year with hope.
yellowboy90

6/22/2017  8:54 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Irony. People bitched when we took KP over winslow,mudiay,stein etc....and here we are again. Whether you hate phil or not he has done well with draft picks especially euro players

You mean like Jerian Grant?

codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
6/22/2017  8:55 PM
Re-posting in this main thread.

I understand the angst here; my draft board has not changed for 4 months with DSJ at #3. But that has to do with risk aversion. Its obvious that within a team concept, Frank carries the most potential both boom and bust; this was a swing for the fences and I am on board with that philosophy in the draft. There is a reason that ESPN analytics has him as the highest all-star likelihood at 14%, about double that of anyone else in the draft.
His potential is poor mans "Kawhi Leonard" (less offensive potential) at the guard position.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
PhilinLA
Member: #696
6/22/2017  8:55 PM
Thrilled with the pick. I only liked two or three guys in the lottery and Frank was one of them, I was worried that we wouldn't get him when we fell to 7th, then again at 8.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/22/2017  8:57 PM
Getting Porzingis draft day reactions from some folks on Frank...I got a list of them somewhere...maybe I should list them.

Guys already talking about him as a bust?

He was VERY well scouted, and Gaines got to see him play too.

KP was the top international player and look how he turned out...heard the same crap about him on draft day.

You have a kid who has drastically improved his shot, which used to be seen as a weakness for him, in a very short time. He can easily play at SG, and with some added strength, his 7"1" wingspan will mean he'll be able to defend at the 3 very soon.

Guys are missing the boat on what he might be able to do, but that is typical with some folks around here when it comes to foreign players.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
6/22/2017  9:02 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Getting Porzingis draft day reactions from some folks on Frank...I got a list of them somewhere...maybe I should list them.

KP was the top international player and look how he turned out...heard the same crap about him on draft day.

You have a kid who has drastically improved his shot, which used to be seen as a weakness for him, in a very short time. He can easily play at SG, and with some added strength, his 7"1" wingspan will mean he'll be able to defend at the 3 very soon.

Guys are missing the boat on what he might be able to do, but that is typical with some folks around here when it comes to foreign players.

Agree. Good and ballsy pick. To me, its unequivocally a max ceiling pick. with obvious risk associated. Ceiling here is a poor mans Kawhi Leonard at the guard position.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/22/2017  9:03 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Getting Porzingis draft day reactions from some folks on Frank...I got a list of them somewhere...maybe I should list them.

I was on board with the KP pick from jump...I was happy with the pick...Dont mind Frank, just not at 8. I feel like Smith is a better prospect and was the BPA @ 8. But, Frank is a Knick, I'll root for him but I'm not a happy camper right now...

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/22/2017  9:04 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Irony. People bitched when we took KP over winslow,mudiay,stein etc....and here we are again. Whether you hate phil or not he has done well with draft picks especially euro players

This....

Dagger
Member: #4184

6/22/2017  9:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2017  9:09 PM
All these people talking about a Cuban smokescreen like phil gives a **** who Cuban likes LOL.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/22/2017  9:06 PM

KP's tape was pretty middling, there was plenty of full games on Youtube so i get why people werent happy.He looked much better in the summer league. As far as Frank not as much tape but I wasnt impressed at all watching him. I think he is a solid player that can guard 3 spots but he looks like a 25 minute reserve to me
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
yellowboy90

6/22/2017  9:09 PM
Uptown wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

This....

I really can't remember Phil being part of a good draft pick for a guard. Reports were Grant was a Phil pick hopefully Frank had the scouts go ahead. I still think Grant never should have been traded but oh well.

DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

6/22/2017  9:11 PM

WELL...
Our knicks will NEVER EVER pick someone whom makes sense & whom hoops experts know. M.Monk is going to be a star 1 day.
Phil J and this pick is worst than Melo.

Melo needs to get out of this town of failure moves by inept Knick management.
Kristaps will likely be here 1-2 more yrs, and decide NY Knicks isn't place for WINNING! & thankfully leave too

EVERYONE in NBA is laughing at the Knickerbockers and this #8 pick project for Phil Jackson is in love with his freaking triangle offense to draft this young kid, a nice kid.

The Fredrick Weiss fiasco was pre-Phil Jackson era. However Phil nor Knick Organization could care less on Us
Knick fans OR whom makes sense to draft.

Knicks aren't going to win forever. Accepted here!

The whole league has been built with younger stars coming from elite teams here, locally in US become NBA stars.
Guys like Kristaps P and now M.Monk (mispick) will be NBA stars elsewhere AGAIN !!! Thanks Phil Jackson

We'll all pass off the Earth before Knicks finally do something managementwise which builds
a winner for fans once the Jacksons, Dolan's and whomever makes $$ money there are not in charge of building up the knicks

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/22/2017  9:18 PM
Uptown wrote:
nixluva wrote:
codeunknown wrote:I would have preferred DSJ, but no complaints with Frank. Don't overlook his potential as a defensive superstar at positions 1-2. Defense is hugely important and he is a match-up advantage there down the line against everyone at those positions.

Yeah this is about changing the IDENTITY of the team more than going for the highest offensive ceiling guy. Can't complain about the logic if you really want to establish a DEFENSIVE identity.

Come on Nix! You wanted no parts of Frank and you said as much in multiple threads...Now the phil has officially taken him, now he's the perfect fit?

I said EXACTLY what I'm saying now. Not a high ceiling guy! Go check what I said. I never said I hated the kid so don't LIE! I said I wanted a High Ceiling guy that could take over games but that's not Nitty. However the appeal is defense and unselfish play. He's a Triangle fit but not a star. So F you cuz I didn't change my view.

knickslions
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #138
6/22/2017  9:19 PM
Knicks so far only team that reached. All other picks have been solid and played in ncaa
Knicks pick Frank N at #8

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy