[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What's your breaking point?
Author Thread
fin89
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4196

6/22/2017  11:01 AM
As Knicks fans, our loyalty to the organization is tested perhaps more than any other team in the NBA. This last sequence of events has finally made me start to seriously doubt the feasibility of rooting for this franchise. When Phil came in, I hoped for stability and a culture change. Instead, we have as much dysfunction as ever. Do you guys have a breaking point? If so, what is it? Trading KP?
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/22/2017  11:14 AM
what are those last sequences again? I am reading realgm but not seeing any transactions being reported...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
6/22/2017  11:16 AM
IDK man, this is definitely turning into the worst ERA I have witness. I thought the larry brown ERA, the Marbury ERA and of course the I T ERA was bad.

This is by far the most embarrassing ERA, because it's non stop month after month.

ES
Ira
Member: #91
6/22/2017  11:16 AM
I'm not a fair weather fan. I'm a Knicks fan - period. If someone is looking for an excuse to stop rooting for the Knicks and root for another team, good-bye.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
6/22/2017  11:25 AM
If we had Jordan and we traded him. That would be my breaking point but we never had him. I don't have a breaking point with the Knicks. We Knicks fans have it harder than most not because of the team but because of outside factors that infiltrate the team and promote it's demise. The factors that will never accept rebuilding. The job for GM here is difficult that is why there have been no championships in a very long time. The team has found some success in the past but that was built on a genuine number one overall pick.

It's not easy to win here I have said time and time again if your a player with will for success you will avoid NY not because it is the Knicks more because of those outside factors which promotes the demise of the team. That is why we strike out in free agency. That is why the desperation kicks in and management pushes for unrealistic over payment for talent which is good but not great.

I always said let Phil do his job so what if he shuffles players let him do so. I know what he is trying to do I know what he is looking for. He is looking for a mentally tough players that can with stand the pressures of NY. Its hard to find those players who are leaders that is the key element to a successful franchise having a leader to me Phil is looking for a leader to take control and implement the game the way it's supposed to be played.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/22/2017  11:31 AM
If we trade KP because he's snubbed Phil Jackson and buy out Melo, I think I will be done.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/22/2017  11:34 AM
knicks1248 wrote:IDK man, this is definitely turning into the worst ERA I have witness. I thought the larry brown ERA, the Marbury ERA and of course the I T ERA was bad.

This is by far the most embarrassing ERA, because it's non stop month after month.

COME ON MAN! This is not even close to past eras. Tonight we're drafting more Talent and whether we keep KP or trade him this team will have MORE young talent than at any time in the last 17 YEARS!!!

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/22/2017  11:37 AM
Ira wrote:I'm not a fair weather fan. I'm a Knicks fan - period. If someone is looking for an excuse to stop rooting for the Knicks and root for another team, good-bye.

Those of us that root for the team instead of these me first wussies, feel the same way. Fukk Melo and KP and whoever else can't put the team ahead of their own egos. I don't buy this whole "this is a player's league" shtick. Tell that to the Spurs and Warriors apparently they didn't get the memo. Outside that I think it's possible that Phil can pull the grover on a bad trade because he had in the past.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
fwk00
Member: #6048

6/22/2017  11:49 AM
I'm all in on trading KP. His value is sky high.

I used to work at a grocery store and was assigned by the owner to help him gather stray grocery carts. So he told me how he got into business. He said, "after saving my money I bought a big piece of cloth for twenty five cents. I tore the cloth in two and sold each piece for 20 cents. I kept doing that until I had a business."

IMO, Phil needs to move KP for a starter and a high lottery pick or two. Come home tonight with a totally retooled Knicks team. Porgy can go sit on the bench somewhere else.

knicks1248
6/22/2017  11:56 AM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:IDK man, this is definitely turning into the worst ERA I have witness. I thought the larry brown ERA, the Marbury ERA and of course the I T ERA was bad.

COME ON MAN! This is not even close to past eras. Tonight we're drafting more Talent and whether we keep KP or trade him this team will have MORE young talent than at any time in the last 17 YEARS!!!

The players don't stick around NIX, WTF, are you blind. young or old..How long will you keep thinking..

OK HE's going to get it right this time

Your like a guy at the crap table that keeps hoping his luck will change on the next roll, but it only gets worse..

ES
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/22/2017  12:00 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

The players don't stick around NIX, WTF, are you blind. young or old..How long will you keep thinking..

Your like a guy at the crap table that keeps hoping his luck will change on the next roll, but it only gets worse..

In a year or 2 we trade the guy we picked tonight for another draft pick. That way we get even younger! Too bad the league has that age minimum!
knicks1248
6/22/2017  12:04 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

In a year or 2 we trade the guy we picked tonight for another draft pick. That way we get even younger! Too bad the league has that age minimum!

We develop players then send them to good teams to better their careers..

ES
dacash
Member: #1179

6/22/2017  12:07 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I agree with 1248, with is the use with getting young talent if the turnover is so great all the time. i hate to use gws as examples but, they kept thier core of curry,Thompson,and the nutcracker, and built around them.Why cant we keep a core of kp and wily and whoever else why does it have to be getting rid of a promising young talent just because of ego, nothing more.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/22/2017  12:08 PM
obviously the breaking point is when Charlie Rosen says so, or when Woj tweets it.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/22/2017  12:23 PM
dacash wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I agree with 1248, with is the use with getting young talent if the turnover is so great all the time. i hate to use gws as examples but, they kept thier core of curry,Thompson,and the nutcracker, and built around them.Why cant we keep a core of kp and wily and whoever else why does it have to be getting rid of a promising young talent just because of ego, nothing more.

You guys are TOTALLY missing the forest for the trees. No matter if KP stays or is traded the Knicks will end the night with MORE young talent. Not less!

KP put himself in this position. The power play was a mistake and Phil is letting it be known that the players and agents aren't running the franchise!!!

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
6/22/2017  12:23 PM
if they trade KP I'm done
dacash
Member: #1179

6/22/2017  12:29 PM
nixluva wrote:
dacash wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

You guys are TOTALLY missing the forest for the trees. No matter if KP stays or is traded the Knicks will end the night with MORE young talent. Not less!

KP put himself in this position. The power play was a mistake and Phil is letting it be known that the players and agents aren't running the franchise!!!

for me its not about the power play or kp[ or phil, its when will it stop. this constant roster turnover, every year only one or two players remain and this roster is changed. so then we add more young players, then two years from now they are gone and we add more, then two years from now we add more and so on and so on.something has to be constant in order for the club to grow

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/22/2017  12:29 PM
If Phil trades KP I'll probably be gone from around here until Jackson is gone.

It is not just trading Porzingis as a player, either...has to do with not being able to see a good young player who WE drafted come to fruition ON THE KNICKS. I'd also be very annoyed if we just gave up on Willy, to be honest.

Dealing KP means we are giving up a known quantity who will be getting better, for an unknown draftee. Why?

Look at the KP draft, which we all considered to be loaded. Look at the top 10 picks. At this point, the only two players in that draft who have lived up to or above expectation are Towns and Porzingis. Would you trade KP if you thought you were going to get Russell, OK4, Hezonja, etc.?

We lucked out when he dropped to us and now we might be looking to trade him because he, at 21, acted immaturely? I was critical of him for not attending the meeting, and thought he missed a good chance to step up as a leader, but to think this might lead to him being traded?

Total BS.

I would watch the team, but I wouldn't have the desire or energy to be involved in a forum because I figure that I'd be complaining too much as Porzingis becomes an All-Star and we discover Josh Jackson is unable to develop a J no matter how much he tries.

Makes me not want to be a fan, and never get attached to a player because he might be gone if he doesn't smile the right way around Phil, or any Knicks GM for that matter.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/22/2017  1:05 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:If Phil trades KP I'll probably be gone from around here until Jackson is gone.

It is not just trading Porzingis as a player, either...has to do with not being able to see a good young player who WE drafted come to fruition ON THE KNICKS. I'd also be very annoyed if we just gave up on Willy, to be honest.

Dealing KP means we are giving up a known quantity who will be getting better, for an unknown draftee. Why?

Look at the KP draft, which we all considered to be loaded. Look at the top 10 picks. At this point, the only two players in that draft who have lived up to or above expectation are Towns and Porzingis. Would you trade KP if you thought you were going to get Russell, OK4, Hezonja, etc.?

We lucked out when he dropped to us and now we might be looking to trade him because he, at 21, acted immaturely? I was critical of him for not attending the meeting, and thought he missed a good chance to step up as a leader, but to think this might lead to him being traded?

Total BS.

I would watch the team, but I wouldn't have the desire or energy to be involved in a forum because I figure that I'd be complaining too much as Porzingis becomes an All-Star and we discover Josh Jackson is unable to develop a J no matter how much he tries.

Makes me not want to be a fan, and never get attached to a player because he might be gone if he doesn't smile the right way around Phil, or any Knicks GM for that matter.

Walt--you know J Jackson has attributes that=bg time winner. You also know that while KP is good hes exactly what Rosen said--injury prone. Id rather go with J Jackson and Willy G--I think it will be in the KNicks best interests.

Also I started going to mSG when I was 3 45 years ago. The Knicks are part of my family--I will never give up on my Knicks.

RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
6/22/2017  1:17 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:If Phil trades KP I'll probably be gone from around here until Jackson is gone.

Total BS.

Walt--you know J Jackson has attributes that=bg time winner. You also know that while KP is good hes exactly what Rosen said--injury prone. Id rather go with J Jackson and Willy G--I think it will be in the KNicks best interests.

Also I started going to mSG when I was 3 45 years ago. The Knicks are part of my family--I will never give up on my Knicks.

Yeah don't give up on the Knicks. We're all here to share in each other's misery.
What's your breaking point?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy