Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/24/2017  3:49 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:Phil has actually done more good things then just drafting KP and signing Kuz. He traded for W.Hernangomez, he traded for KOQ, The C.Lee signing was not a bad signing and he's kept all of our 1st round picks and has added some 2nd round picks. He's obviously done more bad then good but has dome more good then people acknowledge.

Phil has not traded any first round picks.
Has a vision. Its controversial. THat makes it interesting. He is an elite thinker and thinks if you don't see his vision you might be under informed.

The 1st first round pick Phil could trade is the 2019 pick. He may not trade picks but up until now he has not had the option. Phil has reset the roster three times and each time he thought he had a competitive roster. He has ignored age, injury history, past performance, etc when assembling his rosters. His vision and management of the Knicks to date has been awful.

In your opinion. Others see differently.

The last part about the awfulness is his interpretation (though I'd be only a little less harsh). The other parts are really hard to disagree with.
OK.. I consider a draft day trade "trading picks."
You can also switch draft position. Phil has not traded his picks, he's only added. He could have moved down also as Orlando coveted KP and they were offering Olidepo to move up. Often the best moves are the ones you dont make. Regardless Phil has drafted one of the best players picked in recent years and that is the hardest part to secure. He's got another lottery pick this year. Also I see a pattern with the type of young player the have added and I like it.

You will notice I never ever said Phil was doing great. I simply said comments like no vision and no clue are simply clueless.

To me this is the biggest offseason. There is cap space, a likely Melo trade, a lottery pick and 2 second rounders. I expect the team and "vision" to take further shape. I am very curious to see how we look post Melo. Phil has made some moves that certainly havent worked, but none that tell me he's got to go.... you know like trading draft picks for a player who was going to be waived, or Eddy Curry, or anyone.

We were a 30 win team for a decade plus. That culture isnt changing quickly, and its starts with the right mix of players. A couple years to get there is reasonable. Willy helped cover for some mistakes. This offseason is critical.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/24/2017  4:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/24/2017  4:37 PM
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:Phil has actually done more good things then just drafting KP and signing Kuz. He traded for W.Hernangomez, he traded for KOQ, The C.Lee signing was not a bad signing and he's kept all of our 1st round picks and has added some 2nd round picks. He's obviously done more bad then good but has dome more good then people acknowledge.

Phil has not traded any first round picks.
Has a vision. Its controversial. THat makes it interesting. He is an elite thinker and thinks if you don't see his vision you might be under informed.

The 1st first round pick Phil could trade is the 2019 pick. He may not trade picks but up until now he has not had the option. Phil has reset the roster three times and each time he thought he had a competitive roster. He has ignored age, injury history, past performance, etc when assembling his rosters. His vision and management of the Knicks to date has been awful.

In your opinion. Others see differently.

The last part about the awfulness is his interpretation (though I'd be only a little less harsh). The other parts are really hard to disagree with.
OK.. I consider a draft day trade "trading picks."
You can also switch draft position. Phil has not traded his picks, he's only added. He could have moved down also as Orlando coveted KP and they were offering Olidepo to move up. Often the best moves are the ones you dont make. Regardless Phil has drafted one of the best players picked in recent years and that is the hardest part to secure. He's got another lottery pick this year. Also I see a pattern with the type of young player the have added and I like it.

You will notice I never ever said Phil was doing great. I simply said comments like no vision and no clue are simply clueless.

To me this is the biggest offseason. There is cap space, a likely Melo trade, a lottery pick and 2 second rounders. I expect the team and "vision" to take further shape. I am very curious to see how we look post Melo. Phil has made some moves that certainly havent worked, but none that tell me he's got to go.... you know like trading draft picks for a player who was going to be waived, or Eddy Curry, or anyone.

We were a 30 win team for a decade plus. That culture isnt changing quickly, and its starts with the right mix of players. A couple years to get there is reasonable. Willy helped cover for some mistakes. This offseason is critical.

You do have plenty of reasonable points. He has traded away players after he drafted them though. KP has infinite potential but loads of limitations too. I see him as an average NBA starter right now and I don't make assumptions about how much (if at all) a player will improve in the future. He could become such a great player for the next 10 or 15 years, that nothing else Phil did even matters. The odds are heavily against that happening for any player no matter how much potential they have though. Even if KP becomes just an "ordinary all-star," if that alone (plus maybe some decent role players) is all he gives us, he won't be viewed favorably. And if we actually lose KP, people will hate Phi.
Bernucca article: Pity, Empathy and Learning to Root for Carmelo Anthony

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy