GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
5/23/2017  11:31 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:NO Rose and NO IT. He has been exposed and I would not want to pay him big money as FA. He is not worth a max contract. He is Vinnie Johnson type player to me.

We are not trading KP either.

I hope you are right about KP but I am really worried that Phil is going to move him. Letting Longstaff go seems like a move that hurts both your organization and your already strained relationship with your future franchise player.

Only one straining any relationship is KP and his advisors. The lack of improvement from rookie year to this year was reason enough not to bring back Longstaff. If Phil sees that KP needs to be moved so be it. KP is bringing this on himself.

I have to disagree. I think the environment/culture with the Knicks is really bad. I think the Knicks were extremely lucky to find a young player with the character and maturity to handle playing in NY. I really hope Phil doesn't blow this in his pursuit of guys willing to practice and play Rambis style.

I love KP and want nothing more than to see him succeed in NY and stay all his HEALTHY career. THat being said, at this time, he is not un-tradeable. KP needs to focus on improving and staying healthy in order to become un-tradeable. He should be visiting Hakeem for low post work and foot work. He should be visiting Dirk for mid range work and how to use his size to get his shots off against anyone. He needs to improve his lower bod strength. HE needs to get better so that he can start talking about being a leader on this team. He is not there yet. This 3rd season is HUUUUUGE for KP and his future with the Knicks, his long term $$ making ability and what his NBA status becomes.

I really wish his team would stop talking.

AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/23/2017  12:27 PM
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Celtics slaughtered in first 2 games...Thomas gets hurt...Celtics win.

Is there a lesson to be learned here?

Come on--how do Celtics get to 53 wins without Thomas? Guy carried them. However it does show that if ONE player has too much usage--i.e Westbrook Thomas Harden--its very hard to go a long path. Boston is playing two small guards and they dont have a player ready for the "3 or 4" which ever you choose. If Fultz is 6-5 he will take pressure off Thomas and they need to add a pro 3-4

Plus they would not be in the eastern conference finals without Thomas carrying them the first two rounds... Celtics don't have enough fire power... Clevland has 3 players that could do what Thomas does for the Celtics. That's pretty much it

Isaiah is great. He may be getting a 5 year, $200 mil contract though, going from when he's 29 to 33. That's a huge gamble.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/23/2017  1:08 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:NO Rose and NO IT. He has been exposed and I would not want to pay him big money as FA. He is not worth a max contract. He is Vinnie Johnson type player to me.

I hope you are right about KP but I am really worried that Phil is going to move him. Letting Longstaff go seems like a move that hurts both your organization and your already strained relationship with your future franchise player.

Only one straining any relationship is KP and his advisors. The lack of improvement from rookie year to this year was reason enough not to bring back Longstaff. If Phil sees that KP needs to be moved so be it. KP is bringing this on himself.

I have to disagree. I think the environment/culture with the Knicks is really bad. I think the Knicks were extremely lucky to find a young player with the character and maturity to handle playing in NY. I really hope Phil doesn't blow this in his pursuit of guys willing to practice and play Rambis style.

Ok so missing the exit meeting that roughly 300 other NBA players attended for their teams shows character and maturity and it shows he can handle playing in NY? Do you realize how contradictory that sounds? Exactly what evidence of this "great character and maturity" can you show us sans media speculation? I mean you just type this stiff like it's established fact when the only things in evidence are bad judgment and lack of maturity.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
5/24/2017  10:13 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Ok so missing the exit meeting that roughly 300 other NBA players attended for their teams shows character and maturity and it shows he can handle playing in NY? Do you realize how contradictory that sounds? Exactly what evidence of this "great character and maturity" can you show us sans media speculation? I mean you just type this stiff like it's established fact when the only things in evidence are bad judgment and lack of maturity.

Ummm, not to pee in your coherency lecture, but just maybe setting rookie NBA records (albeit, not the most meaningful) and managing to get the rest of the league thinking of him in terms of unicorn-likeness shows that he can handle playing in NY? You know, actually playing well in NY is probably the best barometer of showing that you can handle playing in NY?

Just sayin.

meloshouldgo

5/24/2017  8:12 PM
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Ummm, not to pee in your coherency lecture, but just maybe setting rookie NBA records (albeit, not the most meaningful) and managing to get the rest of the league thinking of him in terms of unicorn-likeness shows that he can handle playing in NY? You know, actually playing well in NY is probably the best barometer of showing that you can handle playing in NY?

Just sayin.

And did you hear me calling him out when he set Rookie records. I root for the name in tbe front of the jersey. I don't care what individual accomplishments they have. He can play in NY when he shows he can deal with the three ring media circus and still put thr Knicks ahead of his own ego.

JabStepDagger7
Member: #7497

5/25/2017  10:58 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
trade melo to chi for rondo and mirotic and number 16

PG: Rondo/Baker/mason

Why Rondo? Seems like he destroys team chemistry where ever he goes.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

5/25/2017  11:44 PM
JabStepDagger7 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
trade melo to chi for rondo and mirotic and number 16

PG: Rondo/Baker/mason

Why Rondo? Seems like he destroys team chemistry where ever he goes.

Because rondo is a free agent after next year, same with mirotic... and they
Hold the 16 th pick huge pick for the knicks

meloshouldgo

5/25/2017  11:52 PM
Rondo has the type of mindset, I am ok with. He will do whatever it takes to win. Only people he doesn't gel with are the "stars". He will get KPs ass in gear in a month.
Melo to Boston, Isaiah to Knicks ?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy