Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6213

5/22/2017  11:39 AM
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/22/2017  11:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/22/2017  11:57 AM
Too much emphasis on saying the Knicks are stupid.... reality is KP is the only player on a rookie deal good enough to trade for Isiah Thomas. Thomas isn't the typical Phil point guard.... if the Knicks were trying to win now then it wouldn't be bad.... but the Knicks are rebuilding.... I think it's stupid to think the Knicks would trade KP to Boston for anything less than that #1 overall pick
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

5/22/2017  12:16 PM
Yea put it this way, if KP was in this draft he would without question be the number one pick... there is no one in this draft more talented then KP or more skilled. The knicks will never trade KP NEVER unless he tells them he's out in his contract year.

The only issue this team has is melo, he's unwilling to change his iverson/melo ball ways. One on one basketball is dead... it's all about team basketball and high percentage open looks, or drives ... melo refuses to play within a team system often calling his own number, it stops team movement and kills team chemistry on both ends of the floor..

Once melo is gone this team can finally grow into a real team with zero distractions 98% coming from MELODRAMA.

Once gone we can make KP the go to guy/ leader. Groom Willy into a top power forward, draft issac, let baker run the point, sign rose on the cheap to come off the bench.

KP, Noah
Willy, oquin
Issac, lance
Lee, holiday ?
Baker, rose

Now I don't know what Phil can get for melo but those players can produce also our 2 rd picks maybe frank mason

Maybe just let rose walk and get the youth core flowin .

Get rid of melo and the team will become a team. We already have the foundation pieces of a good team

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/22/2017  1:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/22/2017  1:56 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Yea put it this way, if KP was in this draft he would without question be the number one pick... there is no one in this draft more talented then KP or more skilled. The knicks will never trade KP NEVER unless he tells them he's out in his contract year.

The only issue this team has is melo, he's unwilling to change his iverson/melo ball ways. One on one basketball is dead... it's all about team basketball and high percentage open looks, or drives ... melo refuses to play within a team system often calling his own number, it stops team movement and kills team chemistry on both ends of the floor..

Once melo is gone this team can finally grow into a real team with zero distractions 98% coming from MELODRAMA.

Once gone we can make KP the go to guy/ leader. Groom Willy into a top power forward, draft issac, let baker run the point, sign rose on the cheap to come off the bench.

KP, Noah
Willy, oquin
Issac, lance
Lee, holiday ?
Baker, rose

Now I don't know what Phil can get for melo but those players can produce also our 2 rd picks maybe frank mason

Get rid of melo and the team will become a team. We already have the foundation pieces of a good team

This is pretty good. Im ok with Rose return as long as he is off the bench and makes nice with KP.
We can sign Hill or Drue Holiday, or Teague but not for crazy money.
Something can be done with Melo and his salary cap gone. Perhaps even a trade.
KP, Willy and Issac can all go to Puerto Rico in the off season and bond. We must be able to be patient with that Trio of very young big men!!!
That is not a playoff team on paper. Hater fans will not be able to handle that.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
5/22/2017  2:14 PM
Isaiah has been exposed defensively in a big way and has peaked. Phil wants a bigger guard and I agree. Forget Rose. He's damaged goods and why pay for it.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
5/22/2017  3:01 PM
NO Rose and NO IT. He has been exposed and I would not want to pay him big money as FA. He is not worth a max contract. He is Vinnie Johnson type player to me.

We are not trading KP either.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

5/22/2017  3:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/22/2017  3:28 PM
best off season draft would be to acquire picks in this years draft for melo
trade melo to chi for rondo and mirotic and number 16

# 8 Isaac
# mid first draft Justin jackson
# acquire another second round pick pick Thronwell
# 2 rd draft frank mason
# 2 rd draft Anzejs Pasecniks

Center KP/Pasecniks/noah
PF: Willy/Mirotic/Lance
SF: Isaac/jackson/lance
SG: Lee/Tredwell/baker
PG: Rondo/Baker/mason

if jackson can play the 2 guard spot I'm all for starting him there and putting Lee in as a backup 3

and that my friends is the start of a core youth movement/rebuild and a year rental of rondo who may only play half the season a year rental of mitotic plus 20 plus mil in cap space

KP,Willy,jackson,Isaac all have star capabilities, tredwell might be the biggest sleeper in the draft he's the best all around defender in the draft.

and mason has I Thomas written all over him

don't sleep on baker not improving the kid works so hard and plays lockdown defense if he becomes a dead eye his career is going to take off

most important part of the rebuild is getting rid of melo. once melo is finally gone this team can start growing as a team creating a Identity of a team not Melo Ball.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

5/22/2017  3:19 PM
Celtics slaughtered in first 2 games...Thomas gets hurt...Celtics win.

Is there a lesson to be learned here?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/22/2017  3:48 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:NO Rose and NO IT. He has been exposed and I would not want to pay him big money as FA. He is not worth a max contract. He is Vinnie Johnson type player to me.

I hope you are right about KP but I am really worried that Phil is going to move him. Letting Longstaff go seems like a move that hurts both your organization and your already strained relationship with your future franchise player.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/22/2017  4:24 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:NO Rose and NO IT. He has been exposed and I would not want to pay him big money as FA. He is not worth a max contract. He is Vinnie Johnson type player to me.

I hope you are right about KP but I am really worried that Phil is going to move him. Letting Longstaff go seems like a move that hurts both your organization and your already strained relationship with your future franchise player.

Only one straining any relationship is KP and his advisors. The lack of improvement from rookie year to this year was reason enough not to bring back Longstaff. If Phil sees that KP needs to be moved so be it. KP is bringing this on himself.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/22/2017  4:29 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Celtics slaughtered in first 2 games...Thomas gets hurt...Celtics win.

Come on--how do Celtics get to 53 wins without Thomas? Guy carried them. However it does show that if ONE player has too much usage--i.e Westbrook Thomas Harden--its very hard to go a long path. Boston is playing two small guards and they dont have a player ready for the "3 or 4" which ever you choose. If Fultz is 6-5 he will take pressure off Thomas and they need to add a pro 3-4

RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/22/2017  4:32 PM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Only one straining any relationship is KP and his advisors. The lack of improvement from rookie year to this year was reason enough not to bring back Longstaff. If Phil sees that KP needs to be moved so be it. KP is bringing this on himself.

I have to disagree. I think the environment/culture with the Knicks is really bad. I think the Knicks were extremely lucky to find a young player with the character and maturity to handle playing in NY. I really hope Phil doesn't blow this in his pursuit of guys willing to practice and play Rambis style.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/22/2017  5:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I have to disagree. I think the environment/culture with the Knicks is really bad. I think the Knicks were extremely lucky to find a young player with the character and maturity to handle playing in NY. I really hope Phil doesn't blow this in his pursuit of guys willing to practice and play Rambis style.

It's not as bad as your making it out. But for some reason the players here seem to think the entitled to their whims. Going AWOL, skipping exit meeting, playing basketball the way they want to play basketball regardless of system. Some of the players here are toxic and the media is ready to add to it the first chance they get. Our boy KP hanging around this got intoxicated 😵 (there is a smiley for that).

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

5/22/2017  5:21 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Celtics slaughtered in first 2 games...Thomas gets hurt...Celtics win.

Come on--how do Celtics get to 53 wins without Thomas? Guy carried them. However it does show that if ONE player has too much usage--i.e Westbrook Thomas Harden--its very hard to go a long path. Boston is playing two small guards and they dont have a player ready for the "3 or 4" which ever you choose. If Fultz is 6-5 he will take pressure off Thomas and they need to add a pro 3-4

He has limitations, Briggs.

How would folks be thinking about Thomas if Rondo had not gotten hurt and the Bulls had beaten the Celtics?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/22/2017  7:18 PM
Phil will not trade KP. He is not stupid. He hasn't been fleeced in any trades that he has made. A lot are lateral moves that were low risk high reward type delas. First take are *******s. Calling the Knicks a stupid franchise has not been paying attention. Gone are the machinations of dolan and popcorn man. My only complaint on phil is his usage of the Media to get his point/way similar to what he has done when he was coaching. But if he gets melo to agree to a trade then I will be ok with it. I just want my Knicks to succeed
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/22/2017  9:28 PM
fitzfarm wrote:best off season draft would be to acquire picks in this years draft for melo
trade melo to chi for rondo and mirotic and number 16

# 8 Isaac
# mid first draft Justin jackson
# acquire another second round pick pick Thronwell
# 2 rd draft frank mason
# 2 rd draft Anzejs Pasecniks

Center KP/Pasecniks/noah
PF: Willy/Mirotic/Lance
SF: Isaac/jackson/lance
SG: Lee/Tredwell/baker
PG: Rondo/Baker/mason

if jackson can play the 2 guard spot I'm all for starting him there and putting Lee in as a backup 3

and that my friends is the start of a core youth movement/rebuild and a year rental of rondo who may only play half the season a year rental of mitotic plus 20 plus mil in cap space

KP,Willy,jackson,Isaac all have star capabilities, tredwell might be the biggest sleeper in the draft he's the best all around defender in the draft.

and mason has I Thomas written all over him

don't sleep on baker not improving the kid works so hard and plays lockdown defense if he becomes a dead eye his career is going to take off

most important part of the rebuild is getting rid of melo. once melo is finally gone this team can start growing as a team creating a Identity of a team not Melo Ball.

Why would you draft J.Isaac and Justin Jackson when both play SF?? I'd do J.Isaac and Frank Jackson.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/22/2017  9:59 PM
a team with ron baker starting is not a good team, it would take a miracle to win 30 games
fitzfarm wrote:Yea put it this way, if KP was in this draft he would without question be the number one pick... there is no one in this draft more talented then KP or more skilled. The knicks will never trade KP NEVER unless he tells them he's out in his contract year.

KP, Noah
Willy, oquin
Issac, lance
Lee, holiday ?
Baker, rose

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/22/2017  10:39 PM
Jmpasq wrote:a team with ron baker starting is not a good team, it would take a miracle to win 30 games

KP, Noah
Willy, oquin
Issac, lance
Lee, holiday ?
Baker, rose

If Baker works on his shooting and becomes a consistent outside shooter then I don't see why he can't be a legitimate starting PG in the nba
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/23/2017  7:58 AM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

It's not as bad as your making it out. But for some reason the players here seem to think the entitled to their whims. Going AWOL, skipping exit meeting, playing basketball the way they want to play basketball regardless of system. Some of the players here are toxic and the media is ready to add to it the first chance they get. Our boy KP hanging around this got intoxicated 😵 (there is a smiley for that).

This is a good point. We're not having the right kind of leadership.

Not only the stuff above but general lack of chemistry (6th man on the court)!

If we get a FA or two we need locker room leaders.

We may have issues but when players start to revolt or play for themselves it gets worse

Players need to suck it up and play and act as a team

(5)(5)
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/23/2017  8:01 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

Plus they would not be in the eastern conference finals without Thomas carrying them the first two rounds... Celtics don't have enough fire power... Clevland has 3 players that could do what Thomas does for the Celtics. That's pretty much it

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Melo to Boston, Isaiah to Knicks ?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy