LongStaff Gone........
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

5/22/2017  4:36 PM
smackeddog wrote:
reub wrote:
EnySpree wrote:All this drama from a 2nd year dude.... I'm not into that.

KP to sactown for #5 and 10....

And WCS too.

I do like WCS, but would never move KP for 5 and 10. Also I'm pretty sure Kings drafted a Euro PF who looked promising after the Cousins trade

Really? You wouldn't trade KP for Fox, Collins or OG, and WCS?

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/22/2017  5:14 PM
Dave Bliss, is the coach in charge of developement.
http://www.nba.com/knicks/dave-bliss/

This guy is also from OKC.
Funny, nobody gave either of these guys any cred or props before. Now he is "one of the brightest basketball minds"?
Be interesting to see if Bliss is retained.
Im facinated by the notion that the riff is considered widened when nobody knows a thing other than Janis.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/22/2017  5:54 PM
Nalod wrote:Dave Bliss, is the coach in charge of developement.

Funny, nobody gave either of these guys any cred or props before. Now he is "one of the brightest basketball minds"?
Im facinated by the notion that the riff is considered widened when nobody knows a thing other than Janis.

He wasn't retained either. I commented on it but it is the last post on the previous page. I'll bump it.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
CrushAlot wrote:I keep thinking back to a podcast Isola did with Wojo where they talked about Fisher and what went wrong with Fish and Phil. Isola was telling Wojo that Fisher came to the knicks and was running his practices based on the OKC model. It involved small groups of players working on individual skills with coaches. There wasn't a lot of whole group drills or instruction. If I recall correctly, this was not how Phil/Rambis wanted things done and was one of the reasons that Fish was eventually let go. The two guys that did not have their contracts renewed were both from OKC. Some of this maybe more getting rid of anybody that isn't all in with the triangle. It does stink that the guys credited with being a big part of developing the young players were let go. Also, Longstaff was described as the hardest working guy on the staff and a bright, young basketball mind.
93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
EnySpree wrote:All this drama from a 2nd year dude.... I'm not into that.

KP to sactown for #5 and 10....

No Eny! Let me argue with my orange and blue brother-
1st- I hear you- KP put on the Punky Brewster suit - if he felt the way he did-
instead of having some no risk after the season punky press move- he should have been barking from Game 20 when things started going bad- risking his bland easy early granted star **** and getting up in Rose and Melo and forcing them to connect even if he came off e=geeky of green - risk it for the win! The vets respect that- and he punked out w Janis in media...........
2nd However- It's all about his ceiling and what Phil sees- if he can really rocket we need to see it happen here. We can't let a great talent go. I love this draft class- and if Phil makes that move I'll still trust him- but I can't start screaming for it. But I hear you..............

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
5/22/2017  5:55 PM

You are correct there is no rift and Janis and Phil probably hashed it out. Phil probably asked Janis how is KP doing and why did he skip the exit meetings. Janis probably begged for forgiveness and assured Phil that it won't happen again and KP wants nothing more than to be a Knick.

CrushAlot
USA
5/22/2017  5:57 PM

These guys have gotten credit before. It might not be the back page of the Post but they have been talked about.
CrushAlot
USA
5/22/2017  6:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

He wasn't retained either. I commented on it but it is the last post on the previous page. I'll bump it.
Bondy now reporting that Bliss has been retained.
wargames
Member: #6053

5/22/2017  6:45 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I keep thinking back to a podcast Isola did with Wojo where they talked about Fisher and what went wrong with Fish and Phil. Isola was telling Wojo that Fisher came to the knicks and was running his practices based on the OKC model. It involved small groups of players working on individual skills with coaches. There wasn't a lot of whole group drills or instruction. If I recall correctly, this was not how Phil/Rambis wanted things done and was one of the reasons that Fish was eventually let go. The two guys that did not have their contracts renewed were both from OKC. Some of this maybe more getting rid of anybody that isn't all in with the triangle. It does stink that the guys credited with being a big part of developing the young players were let go. Also, Longstaff was described as the hardest working guy on the staff and a bright, young basketball mind.

Funny enough I feel that the whole "KP asked players how their teams were run and him saying that he didn't want to come back for the triangle training camp, and wanting to be in a better team environment" are all related to this issue. He wants the Knicks to focus on player development, but Phil wants a focus on the triangle.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/22/2017  6:47 PM
wargames wrote:
Nalod wrote:Maybe Pablo getting the gig?
Y'all want him, but don't want him to replace the guy Isola said you should get upset about.

Win 32 games, then 31 and we crying about this guy? Rambis has been assistant on championship teams. Longstaff might be great, but he also has been under three head coach's (even rambis) and the resulting chaos remains. Its not on him of course, but he might be a part of it.

Or Phil is incompetent gangster who never succeeded.

Getting the gig? Bro you're trying to say the Knicks couldn't afford both coaches?

This is something "fishy" once again and I am actually getting tired of it and I am mostly Pro Phil.

Your getting tired of your own paranoia? That's kinda hard to fix

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo

5/22/2017  6:50 PM
wargames wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
wargames wrote:
mlby1215 wrote: In reading this, I found it that the trust people have is very low. Everything good happened, like Willy, Baker, Lance and Gallo, must not relate to Phil and/or Rambis. It must be someone else. And everything bad must be Phil and/or Rambis. I mean, it is silly. Rambis has four champs. As a player he won 2, and as assistant coach won 2. He sucked because the Twolf he coached was really bad? or because of 9-21 when he was Knicks coach? I don't really get that. If win/loss can really reflect how good a coach is, then Mike Brown must be genius. Look at GSW now.

No, Rambis is notorious for being a bad coach. Also A lot of players including KP seemed to really not like him. This was leaked by multiple sources as the last two seasons have happened.

With that said I don't know what this has to do with KP..... but its definitely more smoke pointing to internal problems. Usually when there is a player on your team you value highly you keep their assistant coach. You could argue that they had always intended to let his contract expire..... but the why sent him to Latvia of all places to train with KP? It doesn't add up......

Stop bashing Rambis. Its been established that Rambis is being used as the excuse for some players unwilling to learn the triangle or participate in rigorous workout schedules.

As a point of comparison, what has Thibodeau won in Minnesota with full control and far more talent. Rambis accepted a kamikazee coaching job and has paid the price.

Wait Thibs Wolves are not Rambis wolves and I don't think you can draw a direct line between the two. Also you're totally overlooking Rambis time here as a HC which was dismal at best. The man is not a good HC or assistant coach. Even him cursing out Melo during the Half Time of that Nyets game the Knicks loss is bad coaching.

Yes holding Melo accountable for not playing defense is bad coaching. The level of putrid crap you guys are spewing is obnoxious.

wargames

5/22/2017  7:02 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
wargames wrote:
Nalod wrote:Maybe Pablo getting the gig?
Y'all want him, but don't want him to replace the guy Isola said you should get upset about.

Win 32 games, then 31 and we crying about this guy? Rambis has been assistant on championship teams. Longstaff might be great, but he also has been under three head coach's (even rambis) and the resulting chaos remains. Its not on him of course, but he might be a part of it.

Or Phil is incompetent gangster who never succeeded.

Getting the gig? Bro you're trying to say the Knicks couldn't afford both coaches?

This is something "fishy" once again and I am actually getting tired of it and I am mostly Pro Phil.

Your getting tired of your own paranoia? That's kinda hard to fix

I didn't know you were both a Knicks team insider and license psychologist....... because if your not your opinion is as Basura as everyone elses

wargames

5/22/2017  7:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/22/2017  7:05 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
wargames wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
wargames wrote:
mlby1215 wrote: In reading this, I found it that the trust people have is very low. Everything good happened, like Willy, Baker, Lance and Gallo, must not relate to Phil and/or Rambis. It must be someone else. And everything bad must be Phil and/or Rambis. I mean, it is silly. Rambis has four champs. As a player he won 2, and as assistant coach won 2. He sucked because the Twolf he coached was really bad? or because of 9-21 when he was Knicks coach? I don't really get that. If win/loss can really reflect how good a coach is, then Mike Brown must be genius. Look at GSW now.

No, Rambis is notorious for being a bad coach. Also A lot of players including KP seemed to really not like him. This was leaked by multiple sources as the last two seasons have happened.

With that said I don't know what this has to do with KP..... but its definitely more smoke pointing to internal problems. Usually when there is a player on your team you value highly you keep their assistant coach. You could argue that they had always intended to let his contract expire..... but the why sent him to Latvia of all places to train with KP? It doesn't add up......

Stop bashing Rambis. Its been established that Rambis is being used as the excuse for some players unwilling to learn the triangle or participate in rigorous workout schedules.

As a point of comparison, what has Thibodeau won in Minnesota with full control and far more talent. Rambis accepted a kamikazee coaching job and has paid the price.

Wait Thibs Wolves are not Rambis wolves and I don't think you can draw a direct line between the two. Also you're totally overlooking Rambis time here as a HC which was dismal at best. The man is not a good HC or assistant coach. Even him cursing out Melo during the Half Time of that Nyets game the Knicks loss is bad coaching.

Yes holding Melo accountable for not playing defense is bad coaching. The level of putrid crap you guys are spewing is obnoxious.

I am surprised you can spell obnoxious when you obviously can't count the win losses he had as the Knicks HC and yeah yelling and cursing Melo out in front of everyone is bad coaching. I would assume you would know that but from the way your coming at me here you obviously wasn't raised well enough to know that so continue to spew your basura opinion as if its something more than that.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/22/2017  7:08 PM

Yup. This is confusing me. Really haven't heard of this guy until he was not renewed. These knick beat reporters really do have an agenda.
meloshouldgo

5/22/2017  7:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/23/2017  6:49 AM
wargames wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
wargames wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
wargames wrote:

I am surprised you can spell obnoxious when you obviously can't count the win losses he had as the Knicks HC and yeah yelling and cursing Melo out in front of everyone is bad coaching. I would assume you would know that but from the way your coming at me here you obviously wasn't raised well enough to know that so continue to spew your basura opinion as if its something more than that.

Quit while you are behind. Or maybe Melo has personally confided in you that Rambis never tried to coach him in the locker room or in practice before trying to address it publicly? If so please share your source of information.

wargames

5/22/2017  7:30 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
wargames wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
wargames wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
wargames wrote:

Quit while you are behind. Or maybe Melo has personally confided in you that Rambis never tried to Costco him in the lockerrom or in practice before trying to address it publicly? If so please share your source of information.

What are you even talking about? What does Costco him mean? Also you spelled Locker room really wrong. Its two words and one of those words is room...... Maybe if you were taking your time to write your opinion out instead of rushing to be rude to people I wouldn't consider your opinion to be trash.

CrushAlot
USA
5/22/2017  9:48 PM
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/22/2017  11:07 PM
Why do folks keep saying the Knicks fired Longstaff or reference something that does? Kinda makes you look stupid. What if it's Longstaff that didn't want to come back?

Lots of reasons this didn't work out. What if this was a Jeff decision?

I find it hard to believe - well maybe not - that none of the papers dug into any of these possibilities.

Any quote from Longstaff? Any?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/22/2017  11:35 PM
martin wrote:Why do folks keep saying the Knicks fired Longstaff or reference something that does? Kinda makes you look stupid. What if it's Longstaff that didn't want to come back?

Lots of reasons this didn't work out. What if this was a Jeff decision?

I find it hard to believe - well maybe not - that none of the papers dug into any of these possibilities.

Any quote from Longstaff? Any?

Yes, i'm kind of surprised no official reasoning has been named yet. The narrative seems to be that Phil fired him strictly to play tick for tack with Kristap. But I find that extremely hard to believe. I doubt Phil would just play with someones career and lively hood like that just to play mind games.

If more detailed information does come out and the separation contradicts the narrative then these writers credibility is shot. As those who have covered the story have all went full tilt on pushing the narrative above.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/22/2017  11:37 PM
I will also say that if the narrative does prove to be true which again I doubt. And Longstaff was let go in order to play mind games. Then I would lose all faith in Phil and he should be fired on the spot. Which he wouldn't be but he should be if that was the case.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
LongStaff Gone........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy