Author Thread
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/19/2017  9:07 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
franco12 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Knicks already traded Rolo who was the kind of low post player this team hasn't seen since KT. Now you want to trade the best big man we've had since Ewing, who hasn't even entered his prime yet. Some of you guys might enjoy hitting the reset button every season, but I dont. Its beyond played out.

This is not trading Rolo - that was a bad move - what do we have to show for it? Nothing, or worse, the bad deal we handed to Noah.

We're talking about trading KP for a lottery pick this year. That isn't garbage.

I don't think Boston would trade the #1 pick this year for KP- let alone any of the other assets thrown out in the original proposal above.

But, if Boston would trade the #1 pick straight up for KP, you do it - assuming you feel that you believe Fultz or Ball are legit franchise talents.

Why I make that trade?

Betting now - is KP a franchise talent - I say no. I could be wrong, but it's a bet.

I reset things back 2 years, and now I'm adding two players this year that can perhaps be foundation franchise players.

If you're betting KP is a franchise talent, then you don't trade him.

Now - I said this in another thread, I need to see something from KP this year. He needs to bulk up, he needs to play 70 games at least. And he needs to NOT FADE after December. His 3pt shooting % has to increase a lot. And I need to see a pt different on his offense/defense #s.

If he is a franchise caliber talent, you'll see that in year three.

But otherwise, we have a really nice player. Maybe the next Kevin Love. But do you build around Kevin Love? Or With a Kevin Love?

For me, it's WITH or AROUND.

You need both, but AROUND is the harder talent to find, we we don't have that, in my evaluation.

Could KP become that? Yes, there is still time.

But gun to my head, right this moment. NO.

KP has broken enough NBA records in his first 2 seasons to suggest that he has the skills to be a franchise player. His numbers went up in spite of being known commodity, and spending most of his second season playing with a starting PG who almost exclusively called his own number. Not to mention playing in a dumpster fire of an offense.

Porzingis came back in better shape, bulked up some, but this isn't an overnight process. It took a few years for Dirk to develop an NBA body. Im surprised anyone could look at all the dysfunction this season, and believe the answer isnt to surround KP with better players, a more useful offense, but to trade him. Pass.

what records did he break? Missed those.

The only one I was aware was something to do with 100 blocks and 100 three pointers.

Landry Fields?

Look, KP produced at a young age. But we were garbage this year and had to get production from somewhere. Outside of a few highlights, I thought KP faded. he had a great November, but this isn't baseball. He played fewer games this year, and really seemed to get dinged up.

Again, your of the opinion that KP will be a franchise talent.

My opinion is he MIGHT yet be, but my jury is out.

AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/19/2017  9:09 AM
Cartman718 wrote:well boston did say they'd trade the #1 pick for the 2nd coming and he is porzingod
anyway...this whole trade to boston type of stupid ideas is why the knicks management can also get frustrated with knicks fans.
knicks fans have 0 patience and everything needs to be fixed with a plan today!

lets draft well for 2-3 years and build through that as opposed to drafting well and then trading them. smh.

I don't think this criticism is valid. The proposed trade would mean patience for 8 seasons worth of lottery picked players on rookie contracts (rather than KP's 2 seasons). Doing this trade actually requires much more patience.
franco12
USA
5/19/2017  9:10 AM
Cartman718 wrote:well boston did say they'd trade the #1 pick for the 2nd coming and he is porzingod
anyway...this whole trade to boston type of stupid ideas is why the knicks management can also get frustrated with knicks fans.

lets draft well for 2-3 years and build through that as opposed to drafting well and then trading them. smh.

I have patience. I didn't want to go the FA route when we shafted ourselves and paid out assets to clear cap for LeBron.

I didn't want to trade for Melo.

I'm patient- so I am willing to hit the reset button on KP for, in my opinion, a better chance at a franchise talent.

If KP were on Cleveland or GS, would he be starting for them?

Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

5/19/2017  9:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/19/2017  9:22 AM
franco12 wrote:

I have patience. I didn't want to go the FA route when we shafted ourselves and paid out assets to clear cap for LeBron.

I'm patient- so I am willing to hit the reset button on KP for, in my opinion, a better chance at a franchise talent.

yes he absolutely would. and the bold part indicates you have already lost faith in a person in the league for 2 years....who by the way turns 22 in august.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Bonn1997
USA
5/19/2017  9:12 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
franco12 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Knicks already traded Rolo who was the kind of low post player this team hasn't seen since KT. Now you want to trade the best big man we've had since Ewing, who hasn't even entered his prime yet. Some of you guys might enjoy hitting the reset button every season, but I dont. Its beyond played out.

This is not trading Rolo - that was a bad move - what do we have to show for it? Nothing, or worse, the bad deal we handed to Noah.

We're talking about trading KP for a lottery pick this year. That isn't garbage.

I don't think Boston would trade the #1 pick this year for KP- let alone any of the other assets thrown out in the original proposal above.

But, if Boston would trade the #1 pick straight up for KP, you do it - assuming you feel that you believe Fultz or Ball are legit franchise talents.

Why I make that trade?

Betting now - is KP a franchise talent - I say no. I could be wrong, but it's a bet.

I reset things back 2 years, and now I'm adding two players this year that can perhaps be foundation franchise players.

Now - I said this in another thread, I need to see something from KP this year. He needs to bulk up, he needs to play 70 games at least. And he needs to NOT FADE after December. His 3pt shooting % has to increase a lot. And I need to see a pt different on his offense/defense #s.

But otherwise, we have a really nice player. Maybe the next Kevin Love. But do you build around Kevin Love? Or With a Kevin Love?

You need both, but AROUND is the harder talent to find, we we don't have that, in my evaluation.

KP has broken enough NBA records in his first 2 seasons to suggest that he has the skills to be a franchise player. His numbers went up in spite of being known commodity, and spending most of his second season playing with a starting PG who almost exclusively called his own number. Not to mention playing in a dumpster fire of an offense.

Porzingis came back in better shape, bulked up some, but this isn't an overnight process. It took a few years for Dirk to develop an NBA body. Im surprised anyone could look at all the dysfunction this season, and believe the answer isnt to surround KP with better players, a more useful offense, but to trade him. Pass.

Not saying the records are meaningless but they're the kind of sheer volume stats that went out of favor at least a decade ago.
The main concern I have with KP is that he takes so many low percentage 2 point shots (mostly mid range). Before deciding what to do with him if I were the GM, I'd have to find out why he's taking these shots and if he's willing to adjust his approach.
Bonn1997
USA
5/19/2017  9:16 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
franco12 wrote:

yes he absolutely would.

I'm not sure about that. That would either mean putting him at center (where he struggles) or taking Draymond Green/Kevin Love out of the starting lineup. I think he'd be a strong 6th man for those teams right now.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/19/2017  9:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/19/2017  9:24 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
franco12 wrote:

yes he absolutely would.

I'm not sure about that. That would either mean putting him at center (where he struggles) or taking Draymond Green/Kevin Love out of the starting lineup. I think he'd be a strong 6th man for those teams right now.

He's 7'3" with handles against opposing centers who cannot get help without leaving lebron, kyrie, jr, love, curry, durant, klay, draymond wide open...

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Gudris
Member: #6213

5/19/2017  9:39 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
franco12 wrote:

yes he absolutely would.

Bonn1997
USA
5/19/2017  9:44 AM
Gudris wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
franco12 wrote:

yes he absolutely would.

Well in that case they should trade Curry for him
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/19/2017  10:03 AM
nyk4ever wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Never did i think so many trade threads would constantly come up in KP's 2nd season. NY has a truly unique fan base.

unique is one way of putting it... more like pathetic. and we think we deserve to be good, when we have people trying to to trade the best player we've drafted since patrick ewing?

Agreed. I was trying to be nice, but this fanbase doesn't deserve anything but bad karma with the way things are discussed here, hate to say.

franco12
USA
5/19/2017  10:08 AM
Knixkik wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Never did i think so many trade threads would constantly come up in KP's 2nd season. NY has a truly unique fan base.

unique is one way of putting it... more like pathetic. and we think we deserve to be good, when we have people trying to to trade the best player we've drafted since patrick ewing?

Agreed. I was trying to be nice, but this fanbase doesn't deserve anything but bad karma with the way things are discussed here, hate to say.

I have a different opinion of KP and what he might develop into over the next 3-5 years. I don't call you pathetic.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/19/2017  10:54 AM
franco12 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Why I make that trade?

what records did he break? Missed those.

The only one I was aware was something to do with 100 blocks and 100 three pointers.

Landry Fields?

Look, KP produced at a young age. But we were garbage this year and had to get production from somewhere. Outside of a few highlights, I thought KP faded. he had a great November, but this isn't baseball. He played fewer games this year, and really seemed to get dinged up.

Again, your of the opinion that KP will be a franchise talent.

My opinion is he MIGHT yet be, but my jury is out.

Via Basketball Reference, Porzingis is the only rookie in the history of the NBA to score more than 1000 points, grab 500-plus rebounds, make 75-plus three-pointers and block more than a 100 shots. These stats showcase Porzingis' versatility. He is able to shoot from long range and also control the paint, blocking shots with his 7-foot-6 wingspan.

You're actually comparing Porzingis to Landry Fields, who isnt even in the league anymore? So KP needs to get in better shape, most of us knew that it would take a few years. He's 7'6, from another country, on a severely dysfunctional team, and still got better. A lot of times this season he was trying too hard, because Rose wasn't looking for him.

Whats going to happen if KP is traded is you and other like minded individuals will give this guy about ten minutes to prove himself before pinning away for another draft pick. 2 years!

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/19/2017  11:06 AM
Trading KP is not an option. First of KP hasn't been given the reigns of the team yet and he producing. Once Melo is out of the picture KP becomes the lead player and his number are going to rise. Next year KP will probably average 24 points per game. He will probably benefit the most by ball movement and player movement.

KP is home grown talent and I am still a believer that players play hardest for the team that selected them in the draft. The goal for next year is to add a player that will grow with KP. This years and next years draft will yield those players along with possible trade of Melo which should yield more picks going forward.

As much as I like to be in the top position to choose a player. I can see the Knicks completing a trade with Boston who is so close to knocking off the Cavs making a deal which may result in a pick swap with Melo involved.

I think trading KP is ridiculous at this point.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/19/2017  11:22 AM
nyk4ever wrote:

yea... its really ludicrous. No matter what KP's ceiling is you keep him. He's got best player in the league potential. Even if he doesnt reach that and he's a complimentary player lets look at that.... defends, protects the rim, scores from anywhere... this is so stupid to be talking about trading this 21 year old. STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID. Only Knick fans.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/19/2017  11:31 AM
fishmike wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:

yea... its really ludicrous. No matter what KP's ceiling is you keep him. He's got best player in the league potential. Even if he doesnt reach that and he's a complimentary player lets look at that.... defends, protects the rim, scores from anywhere... this is so stupid to be talking about trading this 21 year old. STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID. Only Knick fans.

"Only knicks fans" is not an understatement. This is literally the only fanbase that would ever entertain this nonsense. As examples, Myles Turner, Devin Booker, and let's say Wiggins. Here are 3 players who have star potential, but significantly less upside than KP, and i can almost guarantee you won't find their various message boards littered with trade proposals of those players. It's an embarrassment really.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
5/19/2017  2:14 PM
Threads like this make me laugh.
Trade Melo. Trade KP. Just get rid of both. SMFH
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
5/19/2017  2:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/19/2017  3:08 PM
To clarify my post, I never said trade KP for the 1st pick. I said Boston Would have to give us the 1st pick and next year's nets pick, plus one other player for KP. So we are getting ALOT. I would not trade KP for just this year's number 1 pick. And I think Boston would do it. KP is exactly what Boston is missing-a shot blocker and defender from the center position. This is not trading just to trade a player. This is taking advantage of a golden opportunity to totally restock our team with high lottery talent over just two seasons. By summer of 2018, we would have four lottery players and cap space to add a max player at any position of need.
Trust the Process
dacash
Member: #1179

5/19/2017  3:08 PM
looking at san antonio and seeing that aldridge is always a second fiddle and not producing how about melo to the spurs and aldridge to the celtics keep kp
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/19/2017  3:18 PM
dacash wrote:looking at san antonio and seeing that aldridge is always a second fiddle and not producing how about melo to the spurs and aldridge to the celtics keep kp

SAS won 61 games. Not sure how that figures.
I like the idea of Boston faciliating.

dacash
Member: #1179

5/19/2017  3:31 PM
Nalod wrote:
dacash wrote:looking at san antonio and seeing that aldridge is always a second fiddle and not producing how about melo to the spurs and aldridge to the celtics keep kp

SAS won 61 games. Not sure how that figures.
I like the idea of Boston faciliating.

just tossing crap out lol, trade kp oh my, but ppl have been waiting for him to lead from his portland days now no kawahi,no parker and pop is praising simmons and calling him out, boston facilitating pics and young players for him would be nice, he could be third again after it and horton. oh lord i sound like a realgm poster.

The Reasons we Should Trade KP to Boston

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy