[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Reasons we Should Trade KP to Boston
Author Thread
TheGame
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1154
USA
5/18/2017  10:15 PM
Look, KP is a great player, but the reality is he is not happy about what happened last year and we have an opportunity to really change the direction of this team. This team is in need of a total rebuild. Now Boston has the 1st pick and it owns the Nets pick for next year. If Boston were willing to trade the 1st pick this year and the Nets pick next year, and add a player like Brown or Terry Roizer, I would trade them KP and change. That would turn our team into Fultz and a guy like Zach Collins or Jonathan Issac. You then have a team of Fultz, Collins/Isaac, and Willy as your building blocks and we would have two more high 1st round picks in 2018. Going young would probably convince Melo to waive his no-trade clause, so we might be able to add another first rounder and young prospect in a deal for Melo. If next year's draft is decent, we could end up with four good/great starters for the 2019 year, with Noah's contract in the last year and plenty of cap space as most of the team would be on rookie contracts. In fact, in 2018, we should be able to add a max player to our four young first round picks. Giving up KP is alot, but it could be just what we need to get us to the next level in two years. The other thing we need to do is let Phil go after this next year so we could move away from the triangle and maybe hire someone from the Spurs or Golden State to add a more free wheeling system.
Trust the Process
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/18/2017  10:49 PM
Let's just keep drafting good players and trade them for future picks. That's what fans seen to want.

No to trading KP for the 1000th time. He was unhappy with this season like all of us. He will get over it.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
5/18/2017  11:21 PM
Most people never leave in present moment.
They cry about the past and fear the future.
All getting worked out about the things that do not exist any more and may never be instead of enjoying the only real thing they have - now.
Is it stupid?... No... It's human nature.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

5/18/2017  11:24 PM
wow another thread like this, i know is sad being a knicks fan right about now but damn,i mean damn
blkexec
Member: #748
5/18/2017  11:40 PM
Trade melo and move on....
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/18/2017  11:42 PM
I think KP is far from a diva. I think he is a very high character guy and mature for his age. I think he recognizes that the Knicks have top down problems. That isn't an easy fix and it appears it isn't going to be addressed so he has let it be known that he is frustrated and wants to be in a positive environment where he can grow and win. He would like it to be the Knicks. The easy fix would be to correct management issues. Finding a talent as unique as KP with high character, incredible talent, motivation and high iq is the tough part. Finding a management team better than the twenty ninth or thirtieth best in the league would be a lot easier.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/18/2017  11:48 PM
dacash wrote:wow another thread like this, i know is sad being a knicks fan right about now but damn,i mean damn

your imagination runs wild when there's little direction

ES
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

5/18/2017  11:48 PM
I don't think this is a bad idea but think you'd have to DEFINITELY include Terry Rozier and Jaylen Brown as well as the no.1 overall pick. The major sticking point will likely be the 2018 BKN pick, which I do think is a bit of overkill. Remember that the Celtics are heading toward a payroll crunch after next season and will desperately need rookie deals on the books to accomodate the loss of their higher paid veterans via free agency. The simple solution for both parties would be for us to get a pick swap on that 2018 pick, which would allow us to get the better of the two picks and the Celtics to still get a lottery caliber talent that can produce meaningful minutes for them and their title push. But the no.1 overall pick, the better of our pick or the BKN pick in 2018, Terry Rozier and Jaylen Brown is not a bad haul for just one asset.

I'd even be a bit more ambitious and try to get the Sixers pick by packaging Jaylen Brown and the 8th pick to get the 3rd pick. That would position us to get three franchise-changing talents in just two short years, which is the type of maneuvering that successful franchises always seem to do.

For the record though, I'd push my luck even further and try to trade down from 1st to SACs 5th and 10th, which could allow me to walk away with both Josh Jackson or Jayson Tatum at 3rd, with Jonathan Isaac at 5th....then add my 2018 lottery pick to that mix.

STARTERS
G: Terry Rozier
10th pick in 2017
F: Josh Jackson
F: Jonathan Isaac
BKN pick in 2018

That looks very intriguing to me!

dacash
Member: #1179

5/19/2017  7:08 AM
you know the bucks lost that series, maybe they should try and trade the greek freak, imagine terry rozier, josh jackson,jonathn issac, thon maker, and brogdon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats a competing starting five for the ages discuss that instead
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
5/19/2017  7:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/19/2017  8:02 AM
I don't think Boston would do this. You're asking them to give up 8 years of 2 lottery players on rookie contracts for the final 2 year's of KP's rookie contract. They'd have to be convinced KP will be a superstar, and I doubt they would be.
I haven't made up my mind on this proposal, but fans here will never like the idea of trading one of our kids unless the kid has serious flaws. It's almost not even worth making that kind of proposal.
Gudris
Member: #6213

5/19/2017  7:55 AM
There will be a lot of guards coming into nba every year, but to find a player like KP will be super hard, even if he never gets better(which i doubt) he already is a solid player, top blocker and top rim protector.

maybe if he acts like DIva you dont build around him, but never trade him

matt
Member: #487
USA
5/19/2017  7:56 AM
I just don't understand the Trade KP movement. He's the exact player you HOPE to get in a draft pick. Like... we did it - we did the hard part. We got the potential franchise player. Why would you trade him in hopes of finding a potential franchise player?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/19/2017  8:00 AM
I tend to become loyal to knick rookies, especially good ones.
Such a rare occurrence.
While is not perfect, and not durable, he has avoided major injury and is our boy.
The concept of picks are very attractive but abstract. The reality of yoot requires patience as well. not much of that with fans or media.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/19/2017  8:09 AM
Knicks already traded Rolo who was the kind of low post player this team hasn't seen since KT. Now you want to trade the best big man we've had since Ewing, who hasn't even entered his prime yet. Some of you guys might enjoy hitting the reset button every season, but I dont. Its beyond played out.
franco12
Member: #599
USA
5/19/2017  8:26 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Knicks already traded Rolo who was the kind of low post player this team hasn't seen since KT. Now you want to trade the best big man we've had since Ewing, who hasn't even entered his prime yet. Some of you guys might enjoy hitting the reset button every season, but I dont. Its beyond played out.

This is not trading Rolo - that was a bad move - what do we have to show for it? Nothing, or worse, the bad deal we handed to Noah.

We're talking about trading KP for a lottery pick this year. That isn't garbage.

I don't think Boston would trade the #1 pick this year for KP- let alone any of the other assets thrown out in the original proposal above.

But, if Boston would trade the #1 pick straight up for KP, you do it - assuming you feel that you believe Fultz or Ball are legit franchise talents.

Why I make that trade?

Betting now - is KP a franchise talent - I say no. I could be wrong, but it's a bet.

I reset things back 2 years, and now I'm adding two players this year that can perhaps be foundation franchise players.

If you're betting KP is a franchise talent, then you don't trade him.

Now - I said this in another thread, I need to see something from KP this year. He needs to bulk up, he needs to play 70 games at least. And he needs to NOT FADE after December. His 3pt shooting % has to increase a lot. And I need to see a pt different on his offense/defense #s.

If he is a franchise caliber talent, you'll see that in year three.

But otherwise, we have a really nice player. Maybe the next Kevin Love. But do you build around Kevin Love? Or With a Kevin Love?

For me, it's WITH or AROUND.

You need both, but AROUND is the harder talent to find, we we don't have that, in my evaluation.

Could KP become that? Yes, there is still time.

But gun to my head, right this moment. NO.

Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
5/19/2017  8:30 AM
franco12 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Knicks already traded Rolo who was the kind of low post player this team hasn't seen since KT. Now you want to trade the best big man we've had since Ewing, who hasn't even entered his prime yet. Some of you guys might enjoy hitting the reset button every season, but I dont. Its beyond played out.

This is not trading Rolo - that was a bad move - what do we have to show for it? Nothing, or worse, the bad deal we handed to Noah.

We're talking about trading KP for a lottery pick this year. That isn't garbage.

I don't think Boston would trade the #1 pick this year for KP- let alone any of the other assets thrown out in the original proposal above.

But, if Boston would trade the #1 pick straight up for KP, you do it - assuming you feel that you believe Fultz or Ball are legit franchise talents.

Why I make that trade?

Betting now - is KP a franchise talent - I say no. I could be wrong, but it's a bet.

I reset things back 2 years, and now I'm adding two players this year that can perhaps be foundation franchise players.

Now - I said this in another thread, I need to see something from KP this year. He needs to bulk up, he needs to play 70 games at least. And he needs to NOT FADE after December. His 3pt shooting % has to increase a lot. And I need to see a pt different on his offense/defense #s.

But otherwise, we have a really nice player. Maybe the next Kevin Love. But do you build around Kevin Love? Or With a Kevin Love?

You need both, but AROUND is the harder talent to find, we we don't have that, in my evaluation.

Yeah, I don't think Boston would even exchange this year's #1 pick for KP either.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/19/2017  8:35 AM
well boston did say they'd trade the #1 pick for the 2nd coming and he is porzingod
anyway...this whole trade to boston type of stupid ideas is why the knicks management can also get frustrated with knicks fans.
knicks fans have 0 patience and everything needs to be fixed with a plan today!

lets draft well for 2-3 years and build through that as opposed to drafting well and then trading them. smh.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/19/2017  8:46 AM
franco12 wrote:

Why I make that trade?

KP has broken enough NBA records in his first 2 seasons to suggest that he has the skills to be a franchise player. His numbers went up in spite of being known commodity, and spending most of his second season playing with a starting PG who almost exclusively called his own number. Not to mention playing in a dumpster fire of an offense.

Porzingis came back in better shape, bulked up some, but this isn't an overnight process. It took a few years for Dirk to develop an NBA body. Im surprised anyone could look at all the dysfunction this season, and believe the answer isnt to surround KP with better players, a more useful offense, but to trade him. Pass.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/19/2017  8:55 AM
Never did i think so many trade threads would constantly come up in KP's 2nd season. NY has a truly unique fan base.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
5/19/2017  9:05 AM
Knixkik wrote:Never did i think so many trade threads would constantly come up in KP's 2nd season. NY has a truly unique fan base.

unique is one way of putting it... more like pathetic. and we think we deserve to be good, when we have people trying to to trade the best player we've drafted since patrick ewing?

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
The Reasons we Should Trade KP to Boston

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy