HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

4/27/2017  12:07 PM
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:they also dont tell the whole truth. What's our record with Melo? What is your point? Once again it sounds like your answering some question that nobody is asking.

Good question.....

Knicks since 2001- Pre Melo and a lot of first round draft picks.. 279-459

Knicks with Melo, very little support and no Phil 141-117

Phil's Knicks 80-166

Knicks with Melo out of lineup but on roster 9-51

But he is the problem. We sure are heading in the right direction since Phil. Smh

You're focused on the W/L which is fine but it's not the only thing at issue. The team MUST do what is necessary to build a Title Contender! Not just a Playoff team but a team with a legitimate chance to one day contend for a Title.

That means Phil had to build a foundation this franchise could build upon. He has been trying to do that but still win! This was unsuccessful but it was only one part of his overall plan! He said from DAY ONE that he was going to have a FUTURE COMPONENT to this team and he's done just that. This is bigger than Melo!!!

I agree. It's bigger than Melo. But you guys dont give it up. Your point is always back to Melo being to blame. And Phil having no blame for the state we are in. See, I am a Melo fan but moreso a Knick fan. And can clearly see that Dolan has starphucked you guys with yet another big name. It is no different that his big name is in the front office. And the Knicks future is the real point, as you said.

So Nix, where are we after three years of Phil. Please name the building blocks we have in place after 3 years? Name the Draft picks Phil has made that are part of the foundation? Name the trades he has made that are part of the foundation? You can say it over and over again that he is doing the right thing but after 3 yeras of him making trades and picks surely you can come up with a quick list of several players that are the key to a turnaround? How has he influenced the ability to attract young free agents to our system? Even at the college level, athletic directors know that one of the most important tools in building a program is to be able to attract talented players to their program.

I don't think I've seen anyone really do that. Most will just stop reading what you have to say right there.

That may be a good point. But Nix is special case. Lol. If some argue that everything I write is about Phil, fair enough. But thats becasue I see him as our "Biggest" issue. Melo to me is the least of our problems. One that should be gone in a few more months. The biggest issue I have with some posters, is that their defense for all that is upside down, in Knicks world, is Melo. That is just not good enough. Nor statistically true. and definately not the solution going forward. Again, in defending Melo it sometimes takes away from my real point. Phil is our biggest issue. I have presented many facts to support that. Just asking those that disagree to do the same.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/27/2017  12:14 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:they also dont tell the whole truth. What's our record with Melo? What is your point? Once again it sounds like your answering some question that nobody is asking.

Good question.....

Phil's Knicks 80-166

But he is the problem. We sure are heading in the right direction since Phil. Smh

You're focused on the W/L which is fine but it's not the only thing at issue. The team MUST do what is necessary to build a Title Contender! Not just a Playoff team but a team with a legitimate chance to one day contend for a Title.

That means Phil had to build a foundation this franchise could build upon. He has been trying to do that but still win! This was unsuccessful but it was only one part of his overall plan! He said from DAY ONE that he was going to have a FUTURE COMPONENT to this team and he's done just that. This is bigger than Melo!!!

I agree. It's bigger than Melo. But you guys dont give it up. Your point is always back to Melo being to blame. And Phil having no blame for the state we are in. See, I am a Melo fan but moreso a Knick fan. And can clearly see that Dolan has starphucked you guys with yet another big name. It is no different that his big name is in the front office. And the Knicks future is the real point, as you said.

So Nix, where are we after three years of Phil. Please name the building blocks we have in place after 3 years? Name the Draft picks Phil has made that are part of the foundation? Name the trades he has made that are part of the foundation? You can say it over and over again that he is doing the right thing but after 3 yeras of him making trades and picks surely you can come up with a quick list of several players that are the key to a turnaround? How has he influenced the ability to attract young free agents to our system? Even at the college level, athletic directors know that one of the most important tools in building a program is to be able to attract talented players to their program.

I don't think I've seen anyone really do that. Most will just stop reading what you have to say right there.

That may be a good point. But Nix is special case. Lol. If some argue that everything I write is about Phil, fair enough. But thats becasue I see him as our "Biggest" issue. Melo to me is the least of our problems. One that should be gone in a few more months. The biggest issue I have with some posters, is that their defense for all that is upside down, in Knicks world, is Melo. That is just not good enough. Nor statistically true. and definately not the solution going forward. Again, in defending Melo it sometimes takes away from my real point. Phil is our biggest issue. I have presented many facts to support that. Just asking those that disagree to do the same.

Statistically, this franchise was terrible way before Phil. At best, you can cherry pick a small stretch (Melo, pre-Phil) where the team was slightly above .500. That was the best stretch in 15 years.
HofstraBBall

4/27/2017  12:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2017  12:24 PM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Good question.....

Phil's Knicks 80-166

Martin... that is his go-to and its just made up. Ive said 100x Phil has been bad and made tons of mistakes. Guy just cant get past it. HofstraBBall you can say it over and over again because its the only thing that is holding your argument, which doesnt exist in the first place.

Everyone understands the current state of the team is Phil's fault. Most also understand if Phil is going to succeed at his job more big roster changes need to happen and that is going to start with the guys who dont share the ball and dont defend. Yes, Phil gave the NTC and brought in Rose. Yes those are Phil's mistakes. Best thing to do with mistakes? Get out the eraser and fix it, even if it leaves an ugly smudge for a little while.

Fish, first time I have seen you say its Phil's fault. But maybe I was too busy trying to prove my point to notice. And my go to move is supporting, with stats or info, the point I am trying to make. Ofcourse, the only thing to do is move forward and forget about mistakes made. Specially if your Phil. My argument with you and Nix has always been that Phil has/will hurt the franchise more than Melo. Somehow, I think you feel I am defending Melo and all his defficiencies. That argument is yet to be held prior to him being inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Point is, there is nothing you guys have listed or that Phil has done that makes it logical to expect that Phil will lead us in the right direction. Trust me. I want you to be right. Maybe that why I keep asking. Just dont think it goes past 2 lines. And opposed by a long list against. .

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

4/27/2017  12:20 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Good question.....

Phil's Knicks 80-166

Statistically, this franchise was terrible way before Phil. At best, you can cherry pick a small stretch (Melo, pre-Phil) where the team was slightly above .500. That was the best stretch in 15 years.

And that is an endorsement for Phil how? What is Phil's record compared to non Melo era?

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/27/2017  12:26 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Good question.....

Phil's Knicks 80-166

Martin... that is his go-to and its just made up. Ive said 100x Phil has been bad and made tons of mistakes. Guy just cant get past it. HofstraBBall you can say it over and over again because its the only thing that is holding your argument, which doesnt exist in the first place.

Everyone understands the current state of the team is Phil's fault. Most also understand if Phil is going to succeed at his job more big roster changes need to happen and that is going to start with the guys who dont share the ball and dont defend. Yes, Phil gave the NTC and brought in Rose. Yes those are Phil's mistakes. Best thing to do with mistakes? Get out the eraser and fix it, even if it leaves an ugly smudge for a little while.

Fish, first time I have seen you say its Phil's fault. But maybe I was too busy trying to prove my point to notice. And my go to move is supporting, with stats or info, the point I am trying to make. Ofcourse, the only thing to do is move forward and forget about mistakes made. Specially if your Phil. My argument with you and Nix has always been that Phil has/will hurt the franchise more than Melo. Somehow, I think you feel I am defending Melo and all his defficiencies. That argument is yet to be held prior to him being inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Point is, there is nothing you guys have listed or that Phil has done that makes it logical to expect that Phil will not continue to put us in a declining direction. Trust me. I want you to be right. And would love the list you can compose. Just dont think its goes past 2 lines. And opposed by a long list against. .

Ive said 80000 times that the only good Phil has done is draft a couple guys. I have said over and over again his trades were not good, his FA signings did not improve the team and he gave MElo the contract. Now I dont think every move that doesnt work is a disaster, but I have been saying the same thing over and over. You have such an anti-Phil boner you dont actually read anything that doesnt start with "here is why Phil sucks..."

Phil tried to make good with Melo. He tried to build a cast around him. He tried to bring in players to get that squad back to the playoffs. All those were fails. Now he's got a mostly young team and has backed into a rebuild. He wanted a team that defends and plays system ball. Phil tried with Melo. It didnt work. Now we can yank all day over who's to blame or we can look at what needs to be fixed.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
USA
4/27/2017  1:05 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Good question.....

Phil's Knicks 80-166

And that is an endorsement for Phil how? What is Phil's record compared to non Melo era?

Redirecting the discussion towards the real problem is not the same as endorsing Phil.
fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

4/27/2017  1:24 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Anthony has the worst defensive rating on the team, with the Knicks giving up 110.4 points per possession when he’s in the game. The team is outscored by more than two points per game when he is on the court. The team’s defensive rating improves by nearly seven points when he’s on the bench. The team’s overall performance is virtually identical whether he is on the court or not. (The team’s offense drops just as much when he hits the bench.)

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/01/12/knicks-embarrass-themselves/

Here at ultimate Knicks we only quote the "numbers" that suit us.

When you are a bad defensive team, have targeted that as the #1 offseason priority it makes sense to trade the guy on your team that is ranked the worst defender in the league. I know that logic is difficult for some because they read something like Melo's defense #s and their brain says "Phil good, Melo bad" and they just cant deal.

True numbers dont lie. Melo is not a good defender. How bout the other numbers that seem to go over your head? Phils W-L? Our record without Melo? Our record since 2001, prior to Melo. Now can you give me his numbers at the 4? Or do those numbers not suit your point?

they are my point exactly. We are trying to get away from a team built "around" one guy, which has always failed with Melo. At its best its a first round exit. At its worst its a .300 team.

At this point its moot, because Melo is clearly declining so it doesnt matter. Melo's defense is only getting worse. His is less explosive. He draws fewer fouls. He is volume jumpshooter that doesnt defend. Why do I care about how good Melo was at PF 4 years ago? What relevence does that have moving forward and building a team that defends and plays system basketball? None.

You dont have to believe blindly in Phil. You can hate him and his failed moves all you want, but he's not going to fix this or turn it around with Melo as a centerpiece. No gm is. You seem to ignore that the GM before Phil also failed to help Melo. If your such a Melo fan boy get his Olympic jersey and enjoy. He's a HOF player. He will be great as a 3rd or 4th option next year playing around other all stars. Enjoy. He's a 33 year old jump shooter that only plays on 1 side of the ball.

Let me ask you something fish. His value is at the lowest point of his career, almost like when we traded EWING.

1-Your not getting a 1st round for him
2-Your are almost certain to take on more salary in the long run, and a much less talent
3-There isn't a contender out there that will be able to match the salary without giving up something major, which would take away their depth.

So what do you really think phil is going to get, REALISTICALLY

1.) Phil will probably get a future first-rounder in any Melo deal. It may be highly protected and so on but assuming its something desired by the Knicks, it will probably be available.

2.) Salary is not the issue per se. All trades involve risk and trade-offs in terms of pluses and minuses for both the teams and the players. Melo and Phil both will want him to land on a potential contending team. That's the first plus for both parties.

The knicks of course would like to see an appropriate return. Phil has already spoken about a starting rotation player. If Melo is traded for more than one asset, chances are that more salary for the Melo proxy will not be the case. More total salary dedicated to multiple players is likely BUT that player displaces some other potential player (and their salary). So te money part is complicated and not worth getting you gotchies in a bunch about.

Nor is it necessarily true that the incoming Melo proxie will be less productive. To the contrary, an effective system player may be far more team productive than Melo is.

3.) Its algebra, not merely subtraction. Both sides of the equation transform.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/27/2017  1:41 PM
We all can see that Phil has failed to put a winning team together. That is not the ONLY important thing! Say we made the playoffs this year. Would that mean Phil had achieved his ultimate goal?

The Knicks were 10 games short of .500 which is where the Bulls ended up. This team lost over 16 games by 5 or less points! A lot of last second losses. It made things look worse than they should. I don't blame Phil for that many close losses! If you're in a game that is single digits in the last 5 minutes then really that's a game you should win. Stops! Execution! 2nd Effort on the boards or closing out on shooters! That's what we're talking about. That's on the players. In particular the BEST players on your team.

Bonn1997
USA
4/27/2017  1:42 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Anthony has the worst defensive rating on the team, with the Knicks giving up 110.4 points per possession when he’s in the game. The team is outscored by more than two points per game when he is on the court. The team’s defensive rating improves by nearly seven points when he’s on the bench. The team’s overall performance is virtually identical whether he is on the court or not. (The team’s offense drops just as much when he hits the bench.)

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/01/12/knicks-embarrass-themselves/

Here at ultimate Knicks we only quote the "numbers" that suit us.

When you are a bad defensive team, have targeted that as the #1 offseason priority it makes sense to trade the guy on your team that is ranked the worst defender in the league. I know that logic is difficult for some because they read something like Melo's defense #s and their brain says "Phil good, Melo bad" and they just cant deal.

True numbers dont lie. Melo is not a good defender. How bout the other numbers that seem to go over your head? Phils W-L? Our record without Melo? Our record since 2001, prior to Melo. Now can you give me his numbers at the 4? Or do those numbers not suit your point?

they are my point exactly. We are trying to get away from a team built "around" one guy, which has always failed with Melo. At its best its a first round exit. At its worst its a .300 team.

At this point its moot, because Melo is clearly declining so it doesnt matter. Melo's defense is only getting worse. His is less explosive. He draws fewer fouls. He is volume jumpshooter that doesnt defend. Why do I care about how good Melo was at PF 4 years ago? What relevence does that have moving forward and building a team that defends and plays system basketball? None.

You dont have to believe blindly in Phil. You can hate him and his failed moves all you want, but he's not going to fix this or turn it around with Melo as a centerpiece. No gm is. You seem to ignore that the GM before Phil also failed to help Melo. If your such a Melo fan boy get his Olympic jersey and enjoy. He's a HOF player. He will be great as a 3rd or 4th option next year playing around other all stars. Enjoy. He's a 33 year old jump shooter that only plays on 1 side of the ball.

Let me ask you something fish. His value is at the lowest point of his career, almost like when we traded EWING.

1-Your not getting a 1st round for him
2-Your are almost certain to take on more salary in the long run, and a much less talent
3-There isn't a contender out there that will be able to match the salary without giving up something major, which would take away their depth.

So what do you really think phil is going to get, REALISTICALLY

I do agree with you that they're selling low and probably not going to get a 1st or even 2nd rounder unless we take back bad contracts. The best we can hope for IMO is that we take back significantly less than the $54 mil we owe him. They should have traded him a long time ago. A smart organization sells high. Any point where he was a player of the month winner, all-star starter, etc. was when you'd want to trade him. Definitely needed to trade him before he became a free agent.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/27/2017  2:27 PM
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Ahhh the satisfaction of shitting in your own oatmeal. Hate just never gets old, does it?

Simple math that shows, starkly, that compared to other superstars, Melo plays with sheehit. And what's the predictable response?

1) He's a DOUCHE, move on.
2) It's HIS fault his teammates suck!
3) Uhhhhhh, he's the worst player since ...Chris Smith! Yeah, Chris Smith!
4) I still miss Gallo. Really, I do.
5) LINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN COMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEE BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
6) He didn't win a chip with these shmoes either, so just STFU
7) He's such a cancer. Look how he's infected our favorite Latvian wet dream!
8) Willy! Willy! Willy! Willy can play the 5 and the 4 and the 3!
9) See number 8, we don't need this iso overpaid defenseless POS! Honestly, we'd win more with David Lee!
10) tkf was right, dammit!

you forgot...
11) Damn if only he would play defense <---AND THEN DAMN! EVERYONE ELSE WOULD PLAY DEFENSE TOO
12) Damn if only he would pass <-----BUT HE LED THE TEAM IN ASSISTS FOR A SEASON, BUT WHO GIVES A SHAT ABOUT THAT
13) Damn if only he were young again <-----AND THEN DAMN! BEING YOUNGER WOULD ERASE THE FACT THAT HE'S BEEN PLAYING WITH SHAT, WHICH IS THE POINT OF THE POST

That being said none of that matters. What matters is what is best for the Knicks moving on. If you think continuing to build around a scorer with declining skills and athleticism who was ranked the #431st best defender in the NBA that has a very me-first agenda that is your call. Others see it as a bad fit and want to move on.

Also I have never shat in my own oatmeal, but the day is young.

Great points, fish. Remove Melo, get chips. Lets see it happen. Hope and pray the new saviour decides to come back from Latvia.
Or your oatmeal might taste a whooooooole lot better if you pitched a dump in it right now.

Riddle me this Willyman, if Rose and Noah had actually been at 85% of optimal for most of this season, would you have embarked on this whole dkt7th impersonation?

Bonn1997
USA
4/27/2017  3:11 PM
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Ahhh the satisfaction of shitting in your own oatmeal. Hate just never gets old, does it?

Simple math that shows, starkly, that compared to other superstars, Melo plays with sheehit. And what's the predictable response?

1) He's a DOUCHE, move on.
2) It's HIS fault his teammates suck!
3) Uhhhhhh, he's the worst player since ...Chris Smith! Yeah, Chris Smith!
4) I still miss Gallo. Really, I do.
5) LINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN COMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEE BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
6) He didn't win a chip with these shmoes either, so just STFU
7) He's such a cancer. Look how he's infected our favorite Latvian wet dream!
8) Willy! Willy! Willy! Willy can play the 5 and the 4 and the 3!
9) See number 8, we don't need this iso overpaid defenseless POS! Honestly, we'd win more with David Lee!
10) tkf was right, dammit!

you forgot...
11) Damn if only he would play defense <---AND THEN DAMN! EVERYONE ELSE WOULD PLAY DEFENSE TOO
12) Damn if only he would pass <-----BUT HE LED THE TEAM IN ASSISTS FOR A SEASON, BUT WHO GIVES A SHAT ABOUT THAT
13) Damn if only he were young again <-----AND THEN DAMN! BEING YOUNGER WOULD ERASE THE FACT THAT HE'S BEEN PLAYING WITH SHAT, WHICH IS THE POINT OF THE POST

That being said none of that matters. What matters is what is best for the Knicks moving on. If you think continuing to build around a scorer with declining skills and athleticism who was ranked the #431st best defender in the NBA that has a very me-first agenda that is your call. Others see it as a bad fit and want to move on.

Also I have never shat in my own oatmeal, but the day is young.

Great points, fish. Remove Melo, get chips. Lets see it happen. Hope and pray the new saviour decides to come back from Latvia.
Or your oatmeal might taste a whooooooole lot better if you pitched a dump in it right now.

Riddle me this Willyman, if Rose and Noah had actually been at 85% of optimal for most of this season, would you have embarked on this whole dkt7th impersonation?

Rose and Noah playing in 85% of the games? That would have been better. We probably would have finished with more like 27 wins.
HofstraBBall

4/27/2017  3:25 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Good question.....

Phil's Knicks 80-166

Point is, there is nothing you guys have listed or that Phil has done that makes it logical to expect that Phil will not continue to put us in a declining direction. Trust me. I want you to be right. And would love the list you can compose. Just dont think its goes past 2 lines. And opposed by a long list against. .

Ive said 80000 times that the only good Phil has done is draft a couple guys. I have said over and over again his trades were not good, his FA signings did not improve the team and he gave MElo the contract. Now I dont think every move that doesnt work is a disaster, but I have been saying the same thing over and over. You have such an anti-Phil boner you dont actually read anything that doesnt start with "here is why Phil sucks..."

Phil tried to make good with Melo. He tried to build a cast around him. He tried to bring in players to get that squad back to the playoffs. All those were fails. Now he's got a mostly young team and has backed into a rebuild. He wanted a team that defends and plays system ball. Phil tried with Melo. It didnt work. Now we can yank all day over who's to blame or we can look at what needs to be fixed.

80000? Thats alot. Okay, so we both agree that Phil is to blame for this mess. And that Melo has not worked.(With Phil). Agree that this is a clown show regardless if Melo is here. Disagree that Phil is leading us in the right direction. Disagree that Phil tried to build around Melo? Please dont make me list the list of excellent talent he has brought over.

So lets move on to the future....we both agree that its best for Melo to go. What do you put the probability at that he is traded? 100%? I think there is a chance he stays.

HofstraBBall

4/27/2017  3:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2017  3:35 PM
nixluva wrote:We all can see that Phil has failed to put a winning team together. That is not the ONLY important thing! Say we made the playoffs this year. Would that mean Phil had achieved his ultimate goal?

The Knicks were 10 games short of .500 which is where the Bulls ended up. This team lost over 16 games by 5 or less points! A lot of last second losses. It made things look worse than they should. I don't blame Phil for that many close losses! If you're in a game that is single digits in the last 5 minutes then really that's a game you should win. Stops! Execution! 2nd Effort on the boards or closing out on shooters! That's what we're talking about. That's on the players. In particular the BEST players on your team.

Lets say his goal was not to win. Think he would disagree. But I agree. Have said it in several posts. The goal for Phil was to come here and build a solid foundation, change the perception of the franchise, turn it into a professional organazation that FA's want to come to, collect young talented pieces, through the draft and free agency, that we can build on and create an enviroment where players and coaches excel and want to work hard for. What other goals did you have for him? Those were mine. And if we won some games, great.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/27/2017  3:52 PM
Metrics say Harden is as bad a defender as Melo. But the Rockets built a team to Harden's strengths and have players like Beverly to compensate for his weaknesses. It's called building a team.

The Knicks were essentially built like Westbrook's OKC Thunder team - and you could make a strong argument that the Thunder roster outside Westbrook is miles better than a Knicks roster outside Melo.

And yet guys here KEEP blaming Melo like taking him off the team is some sort of solution. The problem is the guy who built the team. Maybe he's better at rebuilding through the draft than building a team through trades and free agency. Let's hope so.

Good lord, I can't wait for Melo to be gone, if only to see who the next scapegoat is. It's so ****ing tired at this point. Yes, Melo should be gone this summer. What's next? God only knows. If you have a lot of optimism about where Phil goes from here in spite of how he's handled the Melo situation, the KP developing situation, free agency, trades, the coaching situation, the media... I have a bridge in Brooklyn I think we could make a competitive offer on.

¿ △ ?
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/27/2017  4:16 PM
crzymdups wrote:Metrics say Harden is as bad a defender as Melo. But the Rockets built a team to Harden's strengths and have players like Beverly to compensate for his weaknesses. It's called building a team.

The Knicks were essentially built like Westbrook's OKC Thunder team - and you could make a strong argument that the Thunder roster outside Westbrook is miles better than a Knicks roster outside Melo.

And yet guys here KEEP blaming Melo like taking him off the team is some sort of solution. The problem is the guy who built the team. Maybe he's better at rebuilding through the draft than building a team through trades and free agency. Let's hope so.

Good lord, I can't wait for Melo to be gone, if only to see who the next scapegoat is. It's so ****ing tired at this point. Yes, Melo should be gone this summer. What's next? God only knows. If you have a lot of optimism about where Phil goes from here in spite of how he's handled the Melo situation, the KP developing situation, free agency, trades, the coaching situation, the media... I have a bridge in Brooklyn I think we could make a competitive offer on.

Harden also rebounded better and puts up close to 4 times the assist.

This team isnt built poorly around Melo. He had shooters around him to compliment his is game. He had a PG that could get in the paint almost at will to give him catch and shoot opportunities. Lee, Holiday, Lance are all perimeter defenders while KP offered strong rim protection.

With Melo, Rose, KP there was enough talent around him to win at least 40 games if this was Melo 3-5 yrs ago, Or if he brought his dad Melo game,

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
4/27/2017  4:21 PM
With less talent last year Melo played like dad Melo and we were a 500 club. Nobody was talking about the triangle.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/27/2017  4:36 PM
crzymdups wrote:Metrics say Harden is as bad a defender as Melo. But the Rockets built a team to Harden's strengths and have players like Beverly to compensate for his weaknesses. It's called building a team.

At this point Melo can't carry a team. Period. He was really good in 2012-13 and 2013-14, ages 28 and 29. Injured half the year in 2014-15, DadMelo 2015-16 and shell of self in 2016-17.

Harden is just about 28 and may have 2-3 years at this level. Maybe.

Has there been a team that is built on a player who is a super star at one end of the court but a minus at the other? You may have a 2-3 year window with that player and every other player around him has to be a defensive specialist. Iverson needed Defensive player of the year and 3-4 other high level defensive players just to make up for him. Made it to finals once but otherwise not sustainable.

Can Harden and Westbrook carry their respective teams? They just played each other and Westbrook out first round. It'll be interesting to see if Harden can go further than next round.

Personally, I'd rather have a team concept like Utah than either OKC or Houston.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fwk00
Member: #6048

4/27/2017  4:40 PM
martin wrote:

At this point Melo can't carry a team. Period. He was really good in 2012-13 and 2013-14, ages 28 and 29. Injured half the year in 2014-15, DadMelo 2015-16 and shell of self in 2016-17.

Has there been a team that is built on a player who is a super star at one end of the court but a minus at the other? You may have a 2-3 year window with that player and every other player around him has to be a defensive specialist. Iverson needed Defensive player of the year and 3-4 other high level defensive players just to make up for him. Made it to finals once but otherwise not sustainable.

Can Harden and Westbrook carry their respective teams? They just played each other and Westbrook out first round. It'll be interesting to see if Harden can go further than next round.

Personally, I'd rather have a team concept like Utah than either OKC or Houston.

Utah sure looks good don't they. Just solid basketball. Making the Clips look silly.

newyorknewyork
4/27/2017  4:55 PM
martin wrote:

The Melo that could shoot 60+% for a month time frame and carry players like Baron Davis and Billy Walker and Steve Novak is gone.

Melo needs to be a guy that plays like dad Melo. A guy who plays within the team. Then takes over late late 4th when its needed.

Melo and Rose have no one to blame for missing the playoffs but them. I think Harden had more as then Rose Melo KP combined. Probably Westbrook too.

knicks1248
Member: #582
4/27/2017  4:56 PM
fwk00 wrote:
martin wrote:

Utah sure looks good don't they. Just solid basketball. Making the Clips look silly.

They remind me of the 54 win roster, just way to many 30 yr olds, and a very weak bench, and no blake

ES
the numbers dont lie

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy