Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/26/2017  8:34 AM
If briggs don't see it, it isn't.
If briggs don't see it, scouts don't.
If the video does not edit it, it didn't happen.
Nalod goes by music on the videos'
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/26/2017  10:19 AM
crzymdups wrote:Look if Phil trades Melo, the Knicks are losing 60+ games next year. There's just no way around it. It's Phil's genius plan. Frank can learn on the job and help get us Doncic next year. Frank and Doncic backcourt is interesting.

Disagree. We will likely win the same amount of games. Melo and Rose brought nothing to the team as far as real win value. KP and Willy will improve. This team won't be any worse, they might even be a little better.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/26/2017  10:32 AM
Knixkik wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Look if Phil trades Melo, the Knicks are losing 60+ games next year. There's just no way around it. It's Phil's genius plan. Frank can learn on the job and help get us Doncic next year. Frank and Doncic backcourt is interesting.

Disagree. We will likely win the same amount of games. Melo and Rose brought nothing to the team as far as real win value. KP and Willy will improve. This team won't be any worse, they might even be a little better.

If KP and Willy improve and we get a draft pick who contributes they can be better. There are a lot of massive holes on the roster to address if Melo and Rose leave. Also, I'm getting that gitchy feeling Rose will be back and that will contribute to our season in a negative way.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
4/26/2017  10:37 AM
wargames wrote:
Chandler wrote:Intrigued by Frank at sg. We need a 2 who can pass and is good w basketball decision.

Yeah, I am too. He would have good size for it, and his handle and outside shot means he would have traditional SG skills you just don't see a lot of these days. Add defense and he sounds even better.

ESOMKnicks wrote:

Hernangomez, Porzingis, Kuzminskas, Doncic and Ntilikina. I must have been sleeping, but when did America fall behind Europe in basketball training so much that the recipe for an NBA championship has become in assembling a team of young Eurostars? Is playing in a US high school or college now detrimental to an NBA career?

I think it's more due to European ball being more system oriented and they have a culture where teams tend to emphasize players with skills who play team ball. Whereas most American players tend to focus on individual accolades and Physical potential. History shows both are viable for making a championship team. Anyhow this is also the same reason the Knicks have been looking at upperclassmen who got better in their programs over time. That increase in skill is ususally due to them buying into the system more as they get older.

Anyhow that core (minus Kuz) is young and fits the Tryangle. No reason to discourage it. If it happens we'll be in a much better place a few seasons from now.

Yeah, I think Phil might stick with what has worked - and what has worked so far is that Euro players have done better in his system in New York than other players.

Doncic looks really promising.

I'm not down on Ntilikina, but I'm more intrigued by the athleticism of someone like Jonathan Isaac.

Also, at the beginning of the season OG Anonuby was very high on my draft board. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him. Maybe even trading back a few slots for him. I've seen him slotted from 11 to 15. I think he'll be very very good. Legit NBA athletic defensive wing with playmaking and scoring potential. I like him a lot.

I honestly have no idea what to expect or hope for from this draft. We just need a player. And then we need another player in the next draft. And so on.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/26/2017  10:38 AM
Knixkik wrote:

There are no guarantees in the NBA. However, I believe that the team will get better on D and execute better on Offense as long as the Knicks can bring in quality players from the Draft, Free Agency and in the Melo Trade. The team is going to start off with 3 of the worst defenders out of the picture. There will also be more roster continuity next season.

As long as there is developmental progress it doesn't matter if they are in the lottery again next season. This isn't about speed. The Knicks have a chance to do this right. If they feel Ntilikina is the right guy to pick then they have to do everything possible to develop him the right way.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
4/26/2017  12:01 PM
PhilinLA wrote:I don't like Fox for the Knicks. Which isn't to say I don't like him as a player. I do. He just needs strength work. But I think he might get into the play before KP and Willy make it up court. I like Ball or Frank. And I've seen Frank show passing skill, and I love the way he gets after it on D. I also think we might be adding another first round pick somewhere from a trade, and that could get us the young 2 r 3 we'll need.

Btw, I also don't like Josh Jackson, who reminds me of Kenny Walker, or Isaac who I don't think is worthy of moving KP off the 4.

agree with all this

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/26/2017  12:36 PM
anrst wrote:
PhilinLA wrote:I don't like Fox for the Knicks. Which isn't to say I don't like him as a player. I do. He just needs strength work. But I think he might get into the play before KP and Willy make it up court. I like Ball or Frank. And I've seen Frank show passing skill, and I love the way he gets after it on D. I also think we might be adding another first round pick somewhere from a trade, and that could get us the young 2 r 3 we'll need.

Btw, I also don't like Josh Jackson, who reminds me of Kenny Walker, or Isaac who I don't think is worthy of moving KP off the 4.

agree with all this

The curse of the 18/19 yr old 1&done player or a very young Euro... you have to imagine how their bodies and their skills are going to develop.

I still see Isaac as a 3, and his frame would be less of an issue, there. Would be very happy with him, and he could be a true glue guy on D...potentially a Rodman-like player on that end if he stops growing and keeps his weight at the 220-230 range.

Ball actually needs a lot of work on his upper body strength. Two things surprise me about his father's influence on him...little weight training, and he let him develop that jump shot he has. The court vision he has is amazing though, and I see him as a guy who would have no problems being a J Kidd type player as a leader on offense.

I think Phil wants Ntilikina at this point, and I think folks are downplaying his athleticism because they equate being an "athlete" with 40+" vertical leaping ability.

We will see...maybe we luck out an move up and have even more choices to pick from.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
crzymdups
USA
4/26/2017  12:58 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
anrst wrote:

agree with all this

The curse of the 18/19 yr old 1&done player or a very young Euro... you have to imagine how their bodies and their skills are going to develop.

I still see Isaac as a 3, and his frame would be less of an issue, there. Would be very happy with him, and he could be a true glue guy on D...potentially a Rodman-like player on that end if he stops growing and keeps his weight at the 220-230 range.

Ball actually needs a lot of work on his upper body strength. Two things surprise me about his father's influence on him...little weight training, and he let him develop that jump shot he has. The court vision he has is amazing though, and I see him as a guy who would have no problems being a J Kidd type player as a leader on offense.

I think Phil wants Ntilikina at this point, and I think folks are downplaying his athleticism because they equate being an "athlete" with 40+" vertical leaping ability.

We will see...maybe we luck out an move up and have even more choices to pick from.

Yeah, I agree that I slot Isaac as a three. But I like the potential to play "small ball" with Kp at the 5 and Isaac at the 4. Normal alignments, I'd have KP 4 and Isaac 3.

¿ △ ?
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
4/26/2017  1:57 PM
Once again Briggs silly posts are only worth reading the counterpoints. A couple of tiny pesky defenders got into him and caused turnovers when once upon a time, it happens. Also his passing looks phenomenal from that video somebody posted. I would be very happy with Frank as our pick and our 1 of the future.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/26/2017  2:14 PM
crzymdups wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
anrst wrote:

agree with all this

Yeah, I agree that I slot Isaac as a three. But I like the potential to play "small ball" with Kp at the 5 and Isaac at the 4. Normal alignments, I'd have KP 4 and Isaac 3.

In some ways, if we had them, Isaac and KP would basically mature into the 4 & 5 positions, respectively, down the line.

I sometimes forget how the game has changed...Not much post play by PF's for the most part...Much more likely that a 225 lb Isaac could play the 4 now as a good perimeter defender, and someone able to out-quick many who now play the stretch 4.

I just think he will be gone by 7. Hopefully, we luck out when the balls are drawn, so we don't depend as much on what the teams picking ahead of us do.

I still see Philly as a wild card...because I feel Monk is the perfect player for them at this point. This pushes others I like back.

Just have to wait and see.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
crzymdups
USA
4/26/2017  3:06 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
anrst wrote:

agree with all this

In some ways, if we had them, Isaac and KP would basically mature into the 4 & 5 positions, respectively, down the line.

I sometimes forget how the game has changed...Not much post play by PF's for the most part...Much more likely that a 225 lb Isaac could play the 4 now as a good perimeter defender, and someone able to out-quick many who now play the stretch 4.

I just think he will be gone by 7. Hopefully, we luck out when the balls are drawn, so we don't depend as much on what the teams picking ahead of us do.

I still see Philly as a wild card...because I feel Monk is the perfect player for them at this point. This pushes others I like back.

Yeah, if Philly somehow gets the Lakers pick (if it's bumped out of the top three), I could see them taking Monk. I could even see them taking Monk at 4/5 no matter what, because he's a perfect shooter next to Ben Simmons.

I have no idea what Orlando or Minnesota might do. They're the wildcards to me because they could take Tatum, Isaac... or something I have no concept of... I don't see Orlando or Minnesota taking Fox though, with Minnie having Dunn and Rubio and Orlando having Peyton who is similar to Fox. So maybe Fox somehow gets bumped down to us? Hard to say. Yeah, it's all academic for now.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/26/2017  4:04 PM
crzymdups wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
anrst wrote:

agree with all this

Yeah, if Philly somehow gets the Lakers pick (if it's bumped out of the top three), I could see them taking Monk. I could even see them taking Monk at 4/5 no matter what, because he's a perfect shooter next to Ben Simmons.

I have no idea what Orlando or Minnesota might do. They're the wildcards to me because they could take Tatum, Isaac... or something I have no concept of... I don't see Orlando or Minnesota taking Fox though, with Minnie having Dunn and Rubio and Orlando having Peyton who is similar to Fox. So maybe Fox somehow gets bumped down to us? Hard to say. Yeah, it's all academic for now.

I'm still high on Fox so if he dropped that would be GREAT! If not I like Isaac.

Frank N NBA turnover machine waiting to happen

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy