[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP press conference
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

4/25/2017  10:54 PM
^^i didn't take it as crush trying to bash Phil. I think the issue is of KP's reaction. Seems to me he can't seriously be pissed simply and only because Knicks want to move past melo. It seems melo and everyone else has seen that handwriting on the wall. I think what may have KP pissed is that every criticism Phil made against melo could equally apply against rose or worse. Melo is a ball hog but less of one than rose especially when you consider rose is a pg. plays no D and had the off court issues of rape trial and AWOL. Yet Phil bashed KP's mentor and I can't recall any public ridicule for rose.

That's what I think has KP complaining about top to bottom confusion etc

For the record I strongly disagree with the notion of blowing off exit interview and have long felt melo should go (and rose but not as long)

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/26/2017  1:05 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
matt wrote:Building up the Dleague team is neat and fun, but he's the President of the New York Knicks, not the Westchester Knicks. The dleague is almost useless. Nobody is banging on the door to sign Ron Baker or Plumlee or Randle or Travis Wear or Galloway or... Jimmer... uh... it's hard to remember how many d-league studs the knicks have had. I will get back to you as soon as they can be tracked down.

Our young talent is KP and Hernangomez _that's it_ and Phil's pissing one of them off pretty nicely.

Phil has had 3 summers to "turn it around" and it's only gotten worse and more circus-like. I seriously don't understand defending Phil at this point. It's okay to not like him as the Knicks GM/Preident.

Disagree about Baker. Believe he will catch on somewhere as a bench player, and do well. That is if he doesn't stay in NY.

To your last point. If Phil decided to find a quality GM. One who just doesn't do "paperwork". A GM who will tell Phil to put down the bong (diplomatically) when he comes up with some of these trades, the team would be much better off.

Let Phil focus on turning the Knicks into one of the best run organizations in the league. Phil should see it as his next challenge. Because too much of him still wishes he could be part of the game.

Its time for Phil to let it go and be the best team president he can. The most impactful way he can do that is to hire the best GM he can, and let Jeff run the team any way he wants. That's what most team presidents do.

Not calling for Phil to be fired, just want him to focus mainly on revamping the front office. Thats where he can do the most good as an exec, and leave a legacy he can be proud of.

Great post. I agree. I am really concerned about Phil's desire to mentor/coach versus working on becoming a better executive or making the front office better.

If Phil wanted my advice he would mentor Hornacek on coaching -- how to do whatever psychology to keep players motivated; in game adjustments (e.g., sitting under-perfrmers vs letting them play through mistakes)
He would also mentor on system -- teach Hornancek what he thinks is particularly important about triangle, and Horny can tell him how he's modernizing

All of that though, IMO, should be away from the players. It sends a weird signal otherwise, as if Phil doesn't trust Horny. It's fine for Phil to sit in on practices, even to discuss game plans with Horny, player development etc. Phil was not brought here as a contracts, number cruncher. He was brought here because he has a great basketball mind. However he has to avoid stepping on the court unless he is asked by a player or coach to do so -- otherwise it seems to undermine.

And for all of those saying let Horny be Horny and Phil should stay out -don't be a dodo. Again Phil was put here because he knows basketball. Phil has a lot to teach a coach and Horny seems smart enough to know this and secure enough in his own abilities to accept input. (Unlike Fisher who was an insecure ding dong -- more interested in acting the part than in learning from a great)

And I agree with others that the team needs a GM who contributes. I am clueless what our current GM does

Hey Tweety, whats the record of the coaches in Phil Jackson's coaching tree? Pretty sure the one season in Phoenix where Hornacek didnt have to deal with mgmt interference, he had a better winning pct than all of them. When mgmt lets him coach, Jeff had the team competing in a tough Western conference. Former players said that the subsequent losing was because of mgmt. interference, not the coach.

No one said that Phil cant give Hornacek advice, but this is well beyond that. Its coaching by proxy.
Phil can help Jeff without dictating the offense and its implimentation.

Geez! You want to actually explain how Phil is coaching by proxy? How about proving that this is the case! Show us some proof that Jeff is being stifled by Phil and not running the things he wants to run within the Triangle as Jeff agreed to do when he took the job!!!

teamsport72
Member: #6172

5/9/2017  9:36 PM
smackeddog wrote:KP is plummeting in my estimates. Putting aside the arrogance and gall of a 2nd year player pulling this ****, how the hell is it good for him to decide himself what his offseason regime is going to be rather than the Knicks staff? And to not consult the trainers etc? So he's going to spend it playing in the Latvia games rather than working on what we need him to work. Idiot.

Idiot is what you are, perenial loser.

teamsport72
Member: #6172

5/9/2017  9:40 PM
You idiots pay money for a kid like KP to have his jersey a top7. And then you try to push whatever onto him. Fuck you, **** Dolan. Either you give him a PG who gives a ****, or just move on, you ****ers.
KP press conference

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy