[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP press conference
Author Thread
Gudris
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6213

4/24/2017  8:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2017  9:35 AM
http://www.delfi.lv/sports/news/basketball/news/kristapa-porzinga-preses-konference-liepaja-video-ieraksts.d?id=48763365

1) KP said will he will play in Eurobasket in summer
2) Hi did not talk with Knicks management about this at all
3) His brother Janis is talking with Knicks management not him
4) He did not speak with Phil or anybody from Knicks management
5) He didnt said exactly this words, but he was unhappy with Rose and team chemistry

AUTOADVERT
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
4/24/2017  9:57 AM
wow. Really? Well Rose was awful for KP. Glad KP knows it and said as much.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/24/2017  10:22 AM
Gudris wrote:http://www.delfi.lv/sports/news/basketball/news/kristapa-porzinga-preses-konference-liepaja-video-ieraksts.d?id=48763365

5) He didnt said exactly this words, but he was unhappy with Rose and team chemistry

Wow hes not good enough to be calling out anyone or anything. How about work on your flaws and body KP and stay in line. You take a lot of bad shots yourself. I think you need more than 2 years in the league before you go about your business in this way.

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/24/2017  10:47 AM
He can call out chemistry. He speaks to the obvious. He is not making demands or diva like statements.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/24/2017  10:51 AM
maybe we've created a monster.

I'm kinda with Briggs - while the numbers improved this past year, I feel like his game regressed. He started the year off strong, then faded, got hurt, a lot.

Are we ever going to get 82 games out of him in a season? I'd bet not based on his two years so far.

And he is 2-3 years away from having the kind of potential impact physically. So, please, words are just words.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/24/2017  11:32 AM
KP's numbers went up almost across the board this season. He didn't make the leap that most of us expected this season, then again this team was in a ditch for most it. He showed up more conditioned this season, but clearly there is still a lot of work to do. I believe KP appreciates it now that he understands that he's a known commodity, teams know what to expect.

Our starting PG didnt like to pass, especially to KP. That's no small problem. Porzingis had to defer to former all stars, who for the most part didnt deliver. Mgmt seems determined to stay the course, whatever the cost.

Melo has been relatively mum on all this. Our starting PG bailed on the team with no real consequences suffered. Our starting big man got busted for performance enhancing drugs. The team president more than once fired shots across the bow of the star player (through media) who he gave all the power. Wont even go into the system. Thats one f'ed up situation right there.

Should KP have found a more constructive way to express himself? Maybe. Still, the method he chose to voice his displeasure made a statement without calling out mgmt by name. Didnt make it as personal as mgmt has made it with players at times this season. No long call out interview. Waiting for 2 more years to say something, to make some kind of statement, would have just kicked the can down the road.

Its on KP to come back in even better shape, be stronger in the paint, make teams think twice about single coverage. Its on mgmt to be flexible enough to make the most of what could be a generational talent.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
4/24/2017  11:34 AM
the last thing i want from KP is for him to be deferential, reverent and timid in the face of the clusterfck or a front office and roster.

if that were the case, he wouldn't have the franchise player potential that he does.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/24/2017  12:09 PM
KP is crying out for professionalism. From top to bottom winners are usually professional and go about their jobs and are dedicated. What KP got was a lot of unprofessional behavior from those paid the most. Melo is not team oriented, Rose aka Mr AWOL, and Noah who is most professional out of them can't stay on the court and to boot he gets busted for performance enhancer. I'm calling Phil out too He didn't do his homework should never of signed Melo, Rose and Noah big mistakes on his part. Calling out Melo in media a bit unprofessional on his part too. So why won't KP be acting this way. He is learning from his peers.

Any ways KP is going to be the team leader and he has his chance to implement professionalism on the organization and his teammates.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

4/24/2017  12:28 PM
The Wolves are as crap as the Knicks are, plus Minny has worse weather than NYC and none of the glitz. But you don't hear KAT yapping. Because he knows that as the future of the franchise, the winning has to start with himself. Something KP is yet to grasp. I hope KP's antics are well intentioned, and stem from immaturity, rather than a character flaw. But he is not moving in the right direction. Probably blinded by the big city lights reflecting off the huge crown on his head.
teamsport72
Member: #6172

4/24/2017  12:36 PM
Gudris wrote:http://www.delfi.lv/sports/news/basketball/news/kristapa-porzinga-preses-konference-liepaja-video-ieraksts.d?id=48763365

What the fcuk, man??? He didn't mention Rose!!!

Of course, it is understood that KPs sudden decision to play Eurobasket rests on PJs decision to kick out Melo and keep Rose. It is well timed for KP to have a monster campaign, then come back and keep watching Rose play streetball. The fans will soon start to pick up on it. It is also perfectly timed for Latvia's coaches to show how plays should be run for KP to keep him involved and productive. I hope NY will be in tears over Rambis team and Rosebud when they see real point guards running the show :-)

(un beidz pļūtīt)

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/24/2017  12:51 PM
Everything is accelerated now...21 is 25.

I would rather have him speak out. I DO feel he should have attended the meeting he blew off, but he is making a statement that he is not happy with the way things went this year...and for the most part he is correct.

For much of the time we had an offense where Rose would do his thing...Melo would do his...and KP, who was the 3rd choice, would do thing with the ball because the only time he was going to get a shot was if he went ISO.

How many times did he move without the ball and get open without a pass from Rose? There were many game threads where I commented that Rose has missed KP after he had moved without the ball. With his ability to penetrate and dish the guy still only have 4.4 APG...which is ridiculous for your PG, and I didn't really see us running the Triangle early on, so I'm not sure you can use that excuse to defend him.

What guys on this forum continue to NOT understand is that when you play an ISO game and don't reward players who move without the ball, players are eventually going to decide that it is NOT worth their effort to move without the ball, and the offense will falter.

I see KP pushing for a team oriented system, and he saw that adding a guy like Rose to a team which already had a player like Anthony, was ISO overkill.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/24/2017  12:52 PM
KP is plummeting in my estimates. Putting aside the arrogance and gall of a 2nd year player pulling this ****, how the hell is it good for him to decide himself what his offseason regime is going to be rather than the Knicks staff? And to not consult the trainers etc? So he's going to spend it playing in the Latvia games rather than working on what we need him to work. Idiot.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/24/2017  1:00 PM
smackeddog wrote:KP is plummeting in my estimates. Putting aside the arrogance and gall of a 2nd year player pulling this ****, how the hell is it good for him to decide himself what his offseason regime is going to be rather than the Knicks staff? And to not consult the trainers etc? So he's going to spend it playing in the Latvia games rather than working on what we need him to work. Idiot.

The games don't start until august. it's only a 6 week or so commitment. He will spend all of may, june, and july training with the focus being on next season. I don't see an issue here.
Knixkik
USA
4/24/2017  1:05 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Everything is accelerated now...21 is 25.

I would rather have him speak out. I DO feel he should have attended the meeting he blew off, but he is making a statement that he is not happy with the way things went this year...and for the most part he is correct.

For much of the time we had an offense where Rose would do his thing...Melo would do his...and KP, who was the 3rd choice, would do thing with the ball because the only time he was going to get a shot was if he went ISO.

How many times did he move without the ball and get open without a pass from Rose? There were many game threads where I commented that Rose has missed KP after he had moved without the ball. With his ability to penetrate and dish the guy still only have 4.4 APG...which is ridiculous for your PG, and I didn't really see us running the Triangle early on, so I'm not sure you can use that excuse to defend him.

What guys on this forum continue to NOT understand is that when you play an ISO game and don't reward players who move without the ball, players are eventually going to decide that it is NOT worth their effort to move without the ball, and the offense will falter.

I see KP pushing for a team oriented system, and he saw that adding a guy like Rose to a team which already had a player like Anthony, was ISO overkill.

I completely agree. It's why i have felt Rose is not a good fit here. A PG changes everything. A PG dictates the offense. Rose dictates an iso heavy offense. We need a PG who moves the ball and rewards players who move well without the ball. People complained about KP's shot selection, but the only opportunities he got were in isolation play. It had to be frustrating to be a big man constantly trying to create his own shots. The offense needs to be better, and have team oriented players. And obviously the defense is another story all together, but to the same effect. It's a major problem, led by the poor perimeter defense of Rose.

magicTs
Member: #5564

4/24/2017  1:08 PM
I have absolutely no problem with how KP is going about things, the problem I have is that our young star feels the need to stand up to the absolute *******s running our franchise when he should be able to concentrate on other things. Make no mistake the Knicks are a complete ****show and are gong nowhere under the current management/owner. We lurch from one embarrassment to the next and its beyond parody that our young (potential) superstar is the one saying 'enough' and basically calling them all out on the disgraceful way they choose to run us. They are complete imbeciles and that they have managed to create this divide with our most important player is further evidence of their ineptitude. I don't blame KP at all for wanting to get out of dodge for a couple of months an d away from the terrible way our organization is run. As he himself says he most "wants to win" and yet all we see is new ways to sabotage the best chance of that happening from within! We constantly self harm our own chances and KP is making it fairly clear that he isn't on board with that continuing to be the case.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/24/2017  1:10 PM
Don't have audio at work, and am assuming the press conference was in Latvian anyways - was there anything really controversial here?

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2017/4/24/15405424/kristaps-porzingis-holds-hometown-press-conference-announces-he-will-play-for-latvia-this-summer

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/24/2017  1:47 PM
I don't really see a major issue here. The proof will be in how he comes back next season. It's a bit concerning if he doesn't get the right direction on what he should be working on. I think the Knicks will communicate what they want him to work on but he needs to actually talk to Jeff and Phil cuz that can't continue. It's not healthy for the ongoing relationship.

Everyone has a lane and KP is a player and needs to do what he's instructed by those in charge of telling him what to do. He's not the boss. He's an employee. KP could more easily have expressed his concerns at the Exit Meeting and i'm sure he would've heard more from Phil about what his intentions are for KP and the team.

I'm actually shocked that his brothers haven't conveyed that to KP and made him reach out to Phil. People can hate on Phil all they want but of EVERYONE involved in all of this Phil is the only one that knows what it's like to win NBA Championships!!! He's guided the best there ever was to multiple Titles. It's not logical to assume you know better just cuz things have not been working out here. Is that really Phil or the players on the court not listening??? Can anyone say that the Players have actually done exactly what Phil has been saying they need to do??? Cuz when it comes down to it that's really the core of the problem. KP needs to LISTEN and DO what he's being taught as do all the players.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/24/2017  2:01 PM
The level of defiance is high with this team. KP been learning all the wrong things. Where are the defiant Spurs players? It's time for Phil to quell this quickly.
Knixkik
USA
4/24/2017  2:03 PM
nixluva wrote:I don't really see a major issue here. The proof will be in how he comes back next season. It's a bit concerning if he doesn't get the right direction on what he should be working on. I think the Knicks will communicate what they want him to work on but he needs to actually talk to Jeff and Phil cuz that can't continue. It's not healthy for the ongoing relationship.

Everyone has a lane and KP is a player and needs to do what he's instructed by those in charge of telling him what to do. He's not the boss. He's an employee. KP could more easily have expressed his concerns at the Exit Meeting and i'm sure he would've heard more from Phil about what his intentions are for KP and the team.

I'm actually shocked that his brothers haven't conveyed that to KP and made him reach out to Phil. People can hate on Phil all they want but of EVERYONE involved in all of this Phil is the only one that knows what it's like to win NBA Championships!!! He's guided the best there ever was to multiple Titles. It's not logical to assume you know better just cuz things have not been working out here. Is that really Phil or the players on the court not listening??? Can anyone say that the Players have actually done exactly what Phil has been saying they need to do??? Cuz when it comes down to it that's really the core of the problem. KP needs to LISTEN and DO what he's being taught as do all the players.

Agreed. There's no issue here, especially when Melo and Rose are out of the picture and the Knicks have a young team built around KP who play hard all the time, play defense, and move the ball.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/24/2017  2:04 PM
Vmart wrote:The level of defiance is high with this team. KP been learning all the wrong things. Where are the defiant Spurs players? It's time for Phil to quell this quickly.

He is. This is not coming from the younger players in general. This is pretty much BJ, Rose and Melo. Bad influencers IMO. You can deal with one guy but you can't have a group of them with prominent roles in the rotation. It's going to help that we'll Draft 3 more kids and have more of a compliant group going forward. A larger group that actually LISTENS to coaching and gives MAX EFFORT.
KP press conference

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy