[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Blake for Melo 🤔
Author Thread
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

4/23/2017  1:18 PM
EnySpree wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:Look how quick people are ready to turn away from the true rebuild with draft picks and young guys when they hear the Blake for Melo rumor. I'm staying with trading Melo for young guys and draft picks.

He's 28 not 33....

He brings a skill set that fits the team. We need younger players but we still need vets as well...

Were not deviating from the youth movement. Were still drafting high this year. We have a shot at Jrue Holiday.

Blake, Kuz, KP, Jrue and Lee... that's enough to make you go 🤔.

The alternative to that is hoping we get draft picks from other teams. Boston has the #1 pick. They aren't trading that. Clippers don't have a pick. We need a pick in this draft and a future pluck if e aren't getting a star for Melo. It's gonna be tough... Chicago is another team. If they had Melo right now they would be one of the favorites to win the whole thing. They have young players sand picks.

I don't think we have a shot at Jrue but if we could get him then that would change my mind about a Melo for Blake trade but if we couldn't get a legit PG like Jrue and one that's still young like Jrue then i wouldn't do a Melo for Blake trade and just do what we should do and trade Melo for draft picks and young up and coming players.

AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/23/2017  1:25 PM
MS wrote:Can't take a gamble on a guy that misses significant time year after year.

We just aren't in a position to gamble after the Noah signing.

This basically kills any argument to trade for him.

But.....

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

4/23/2017  1:32 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:Look how quick people are ready to turn away from the true rebuild with draft picks and young guys when they hear the Blake for Melo rumor. I'm staying with trading Melo for young guys and draft picks.

He's 28 not 33....

He brings a skill set that fits the team. We need younger players but we still need vets as well...

Were not deviating from the youth movement. Were still drafting high this year. We have a shot at Jrue Holiday.

The alternative to that is hoping we get draft picks from other teams. Boston has the #1 pick. They aren't trading that. Clippers don't have a pick. We need a pick in this draft and a future pluck if e aren't getting a star for Melo. It's gonna be tough... Chicago is another team. If they had Melo right now they would be one of the favorites to win the whole thing. They have young players sand picks.

I don't think we have a shot at Jrue but if we could get him then that would change my mind about a Melo for Blake trade but if we couldn't get a legit PG like Jrue and one that's still young like Jrue then i wouldn't do a Melo for Blake trade and just do what we should do and trade Melo for draft picks and young up and coming players.

Why don't we have a shot at Jrue? We actually have the inside track with his brother playing for us. They both are free agents. They could do a brother package deal like we did with JR Smith.... I can't believe I'm using that as an example 🤓

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

4/23/2017  5:49 PM
EnySpree wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

He's 28 not 33....

Why don't we have a shot at Jrue? We actually have the inside track with his brother playing for us. They both are free agents. They could do a brother package deal like we did with JR Smith.... I can't believe I'm using that as an example 🤓

Maybe it's New Orleans that has the inside track because that's where Jrue's been playing and they have two stud big men in Cousins and Brow. We also don't have the kind of money that it's being said he's looking for with a max or near max deal.

I would love to get Jrue and have made posts on here weeks ago about how i'd like to get him and would be a happy man if we could get both but have you been paying attention to everything that's been going on with our organization from the top to the bottom??

EnySpree

4/23/2017  6:38 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

He's 28 not 33....

Maybe it's New Orleans that has the inside track because that's where Jrue's been playing and they have two stud big men in Cousins and Brow. We also don't have the kind of money that it's being said he's looking for with a max or near max deal.

I would love to get Jrue and have made posts on here weeks ago about how i'd like to get him and would be a happy man if we could get both but have you been paying attention to everything that's been going on with our organization from the top to the bottom??

What kind of question is that? Should i know what kind of benefits the porters are getting? Should I writer about the security departments uniform allowance?

As far as Jrue, we could pay him as much as we can and then go over the cap to pay Justin. If they want to be here then why not? Plus if we had Blake and KP on board that would be just as nice as having the big guy's in New Orleans. The writing is on the wall as far as one of them being traded again.

Anything can happen I'm just saying

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

4/23/2017  10:36 PM
If it were even possible, Steve Balmer did not pay 2 billion for the Clippers and the league administration did not railroad out Donald Sterling for LA to trade away it's young franchise player in Blake Griffin, esp not for Melo.

In the rare and hypothetical case that it was offered to the Knicks ( in a world where the sky is made out of cotton candy and every girl looks like Ariana Grande in a bikini waiting to blow you) , the Knicks should say Yes.

I mean not just say Yes in a phone call, but fire flaming arrows from the sky and spell Yes with the arrow feathers sticking out of the ground amidst the smoke and haze. I'm talking about taking 150 Viking virgins and sacrificing them in a Yes formation on wooden pikes right outside of LA kind of Yes.

So he has an injury history, he's a young biracial (this matters for marketing) franchise core with jump out of the gym athleticism and no background of off the court problems entering his prime.

The Knicks though would never get that kind of deal, if it were even possible. To get that kind of deal, Steve Mills would need Polaroids of Balmer and three midgets, a goat, some coconut oil and an assortment of clothes pins, dishwashing gloves and a Magic 8 ball rigged to a strobe light to make it happen.

I know what you are thinking. Why do you need three midgets? Two would suffice. The answer? Someone needs to hold the camcorder.

So as you look for cotton candy in the sky, the Knicks would never get a trade offer like this. Never. You know how Jessica Alba will not show up at your doorstep next Friday with a suitcase of 10 million bucks, leave it there for you and say, "All I want in exchange is for you to empty your balls into me" That kind of "Never" is what I'm talking about.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/23/2017  10:43 PM
TripleThreat wrote:If it were even possible, Steve Balmer did not pay 2 billion for the Clippers and the league administration did not railroad out Donald Sterling for LA to trade away it's young franchise player in Blake Griffin, esp not for Melo.

In the rare and hypothetical case that it was offered to the Knicks ( in a world where the sky is made out of cotton candy and every girl looks like Ariana Grande in a bikini waiting to blow you) , the Knicks should say Yes.

I mean not just say Yes in a phone call, but fire flaming arrows from the sky and spell Yes with the arrow feathers sticking out of the ground amidst the smoke and haze. I'm talking about taking 150 Viking virgins and sacrificing them in a Yes formation on wooden pikes right outside of LA kind of Yes.

So he has an injury history, he's a young biracial (this matters for marketing) franchise core with jump out of the gym athleticism and no background of off the court problems entering his prime.

The Knicks though would never get that kind of deal, if it were even possible. To get that kind of deal, Steve Mills would need Polaroids of Balmer and three midgets, a goat, some coconut oil and an assortment of clothes pins, dishwashing gloves and a Magic 8 ball rigged to a strobe light to make it happen.

I know what you are thinking. Why do you need three midgets? Two would suffice. The answer? Someone needs to hold the camcorder.

So as you look for cotton candy in the sky, the Knicks would never get a trade offer like this. Never. You know how Jessica Alba will not show up at your doorstep next Friday with a suitcase of 10 million bucks, leave it there for you and say, "All I want in exchange is for you to empty your balls into me" That kind of "Never" is what I'm talking about.

did you miss last year when Blake was suspended or does that not count because it was a team manager he punched?

Blake for Melo 🤔

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy