[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Roland Lazenby with some insight on the Fisher / Phil relationship I hadn't seen before...
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

4/21/2017  6:55 AM
One thing about Fisher, usually a good coach gets snatched up pretty fast. No one has even asked for Fisher for an interview.

I don't believe Fish is seen as a good coach in the league.

He did pretty good last year, but I also believe Phil is right. How a team practices is very important. You need to run practices focused on teamwork and team oriented aspects. Individual skills will be taken care of or should be assigned to players in the offseason. They are professionals, you need to give them objectives over the offseason to focus on. They should comply, or be put on the block.

AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

4/21/2017  7:42 AM
Thanks crzy

Many of the comments make me like Phil more or at least his vision and confirm my thoughts about fisher.

The only complaint against phil that has some legitimacy IMO is some of his trades are suspect. One thing I think he gets no credit for is most of his trades has low downside risk. The one which had bigger downside risk was Noah (because of the term and a lesser extent the money). On this as I mentioned I'm incurably optimistic that will turn around for the better. Fingers crossed

How can one be against Phil wanting to play system basketball and building more than a team and instead an enduring institution. Deserves credit for that. One can question whether triangle is the system. I don't. Regardless he is right to want a system and one focused on team play passing and movement.

Red Auerbach, holtzman, all the great ones insisted on this.

Where the team needs to improve is (1) up its game w FAs. There is room for improvement here. I personally see FA as a means to add pieces to the puzzles, not ur stars unless ur getting a superstar who is actually worth more than his max contract pays him. (2) chemistry. This is my biggest disappointment. Auerbach used to say team chemistry is like having another man on the court. Phil believes that too but scored poorly w recent acquisitions. Yes it takes time but the players were not gelling. A pass first pg or defensive mad man can help w chemistry. Noah could have if he contributed. Rose did not. Who wants to stand around and watch a teammate hog the Ball complin about Lack of D and hen not play it (ie we should not resign at any cost imo -- to quote Phil rose is who he is. We can't change that at this stage)

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/21/2017  8:16 AM
Chandler wrote:Thanks crzy

Many of the comments make me like Phil more or at least his vision and confirm my thoughts about fisher.

The only complaint against phil that has some legitimacy IMO is some of his trades are suspect. One thing I think he gets no credit for is most of his trades has low downside risk. The one which had bigger downside risk was Noah (because of the term and a lesser extent the money). On this as I mentioned I'm incurably optimistic that will turn around for the better. Fingers crossed

How can one be against Phil wanting to play system basketball and building more than a team and instead an enduring institution. Deserves credit for that. One can question whether triangle is the system. I don't. Regardless he is right to want a system and one focused on team play passing and movement.

Red Auerbach, holtzman, all the great ones insisted on this.

Where the team needs to improve is (1) up its game w FAs. There is room for improvement here. I personally see FA as a means to add pieces to the puzzles, not ur stars unless ur getting a superstar who is actually worth more than his max contract pays him. (2) chemistry. This is my biggest disappointment. Auerbach used to say team chemistry is like having another man on the court. Phil believes that too but scored poorly w recent acquisitions. Yes it takes time but the players were not gelling. A pass first pg or defensive mad man can help w chemistry. Noah could have if he contributed. Rose did not. Who wants to stand around and watch a teammate hog the Ball complin about Lack of D and hen not play it (ie we should not resign at any cost imo -- to quote Phil rose is who he is. We can't change that at this stage)

Amazing that most of us can come together on the majority of this theme. The foundation need come from the draft and in time trades and FA's can fill in the blanks. The last pieces are often aging "Stars" as they have they money but are looking for the experience. In NY, it can be cultural as well. Iggy in GSW was attracted to Silicon Valley, Pau did two years in chicago to be in a big city, and durant for a host of reasons, but the sense of a "Team" atmosphere. While Durant is more than a role piece, the others are past prime but can contribute big time. GSW had signed DLee and he proved to be a bridge.

PHill might be just the bridge as well and not here for the rest of it. I can see Dolan perhaps giving him consulting money to keep annoying people but the long future might be someone from within. I see Rambis as the type of guy we can argue over and get angry with!! Most likely Mills/H20. Relax!

Until then we have a long way to go with a draft, MeloDrama and praying KP stays healthy.
I'll keep rooting for the team concept all the while. Great teams have great players, but we remember then as a unit.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/21/2017  8:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/21/2017  8:26 AM
Again.... just in case you didn't know how I feel about the subject or any subject concerning this topic....

FUCK DEREK FISHER!!!

🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Roland Lazenby with some insight on the Fisher / Phil relationship I hadn't seen before...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy