KP Speaks
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/20/2017  1:18 PM
Gudris wrote:http://instagram.com/p/BTFh60Vh-tv/

This pic is worth a million words: NBPA director blasts @philjackson11, @kporzee stops by smiling with a thumbs-up photo op before leaving the city🤔😅😅 It seems to me like KP is getting Phil outta here himself😂😅 Thoughts?

Thoughts?
NBPA has nothing. Phil hurt Melo's feelings is not a break with the CPA. KP said what said. Actions speak louder than pictures too.
Lets see how the summer goes. He blew of Phil. Hell, PHil wanted Kobe traded. Phil blasted Kobe in a book. Kobe wanted Phil to coach him again after.
Sometimes things just happen. KP don't have to like Phil, its business. Same For Melo, its just business. Phil is an Ass. He was one before he came to knicks.
Pop is an ass. Riles is an ass.

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/20/2017  1:19 PM
nixluva wrote:Woj and the rest of the Media tried to say this was about Phil forcing the Triangle but since day one I've felt this had more to do with Phil wanting to trade Melo. There could also be some issues with Rambis but that's a side issue.

KP isn't looking for a move from NY like is said. This will eventually be settled but KP is a Knick and he's going to have to get used to life without Melo! This is gonna be his team along with our future picks. Time to man up!!!

Did melo waive is NTC, because I'm noticing your saying without MElO in Evey post

ES
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
4/20/2017  1:24 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Woj and the rest of the Media tried to say this was about Phil forcing the Triangle but since day one I've felt this had more to do with Phil wanting to trade Melo. There could also be some issues with Rambis but that's a side issue.

KP isn't looking for a move from NY like is said. This will eventually be settled but KP is a Knick and he's going to have to get used to life without Melo! This is gonna be his team along with our future picks. Time to man up!!!

Did melo waive is NTC, because I'm noticing your saying without MElO in Evey post

I believe KP's reaction was based largely on the idea that Phil wants to trade Melo and KP is upset about that. There is no other logical explanation for KP's out of the blue subordination. It wasn't based on basketball since we saw him and the kids actually start playing better.

I'm assuming that Melo will move on. This is not going to be a situation where he fits next year. He could stay but that would not be in his best interests for his remaining career. I don't think it's too outlandish to assume Melo is going to want to move on given Phil's statements to him.

Nalod
USA
4/20/2017  1:26 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:Phil said there was a game KP played where he didn't take any threes Andre called to tell KP it was a good thing..The following games KP launched 5,7,6,6 threes...

Wow you are F'n LOST if you think Phil was saying don't shoot 3's at all. He was just letting KP know that he doesn't have to play lazy and just launch 3's. KP should get some early shots in closer and use all of his skills. KP did that and there was good balance to his offense.

Phil is not a fan of todays NBA and majority of players dont like the triangle, especially guards.

This is shaping up to be the worst era in Knicks history

"Majority"?
"worst era in history"

Used to be "You sound like the President of the united states" and it would be a compliment.

nixluva
USA
4/20/2017  1:31 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:Phil said there was a game KP played where he didn't take any threes Andre called to tell KP it was a good thing..The following games KP launched 5,7,6,6 threes...

Wow you are F'n LOST if you think Phil was saying don't shoot 3's at all. He was just letting KP know that he doesn't have to play lazy and just launch 3's. KP should get some early shots in closer and use all of his skills. KP did that and there was good balance to his offense.

Phil is not a fan of todays NBA and majority of players dont like the triangle, especially guards.

WOW! You couldn't be more wrong. You clearly have NO IDEA WTF is actually happening with the Knicks! You're too blinded by your bias that you haven't even paid attention to what is going on. I made a thread just for you cuz there needs to be some clarity and FACTS given to counter this Media Narrative about the Knicks.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/20/2017  1:55 PM
Since KP didnt trash Phil and the triangle nobody really cares
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

4/20/2017  2:20 PM
It's inteResting to me

On one side I don't like KP as such a young player showing this side so early in his career. He's not even an all star yet and he's making some moves that you label as Diva like. Ok KP is worth high maintenance but doesn't this mean in the future when Phil is gone he will continue to do this sort of thing. Kobe was the same way he would pout and put pressure on the teams coaching staff and management but Kobe was also a superstar HOF level player.

On the other side from the players POV this earns KP major points. He is seen as a leader someone willing to step up and put his butt on the line for his teammates. He clearly thinks they have not done things right and is backing his teammates. I think this is great for KPs future leadership qualities as he will be seen as a guy who stands up for his teammates.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

4/20/2017  2:27 PM
I also believe that KP wants the Melo trade to either happen or be shut down for good. Seems since KPs rookie year around mid season plenty of things have gone down. For one Fisher was fired and I think KP liked Fish. Second they were Melo trade rumours in his rookie year. Now a year and few months later, same stuff. Still not sure if the team should run Triangle as primary offense or not, and then Melo trade talks still a major issue.

He is right from his perspective to rebel but not this way. Attending an exit interview is professional responsibility. His people need to get him to see that.

knicks1248
4/20/2017  2:35 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

WOW! You couldn't be more wrong. You clearly have NO IDEA WTF is actually happening with the Knicks! You're too blinded by your bias that you haven't even paid attention to what is going on. I made a thread just for you cuz there needs to be some clarity and FACTS given to counter this Media Narrative about the Knicks.

your in denial, that's your problem, 95% of fans want phil gone, that's really the bottom line.

ES
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

4/20/2017  2:47 PM

He had his mentor for the first two years. Now it's time to "man up", strap on his big boy sack and emerge from the shadow of his mentor. He's the man now, and this is his first step to asserting that.

It's a VERY positive sign imo.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

4/20/2017  2:59 PM
How is this a positive sign? If KP had a cause or an issue, he should have gone to Phil and spoken his mind. Instead, he acted out as an immature delinquent, skipping school.

Don't recall Dirk pulling off such antics, even though his early days in Dallas were not easy either.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/20/2017  3:52 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

your in denial, that's your problem, 95% of fans want phil gone, that's really the bottom line.

apparently here they do not
http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=56336
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
4/20/2017  4:56 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I believe KP's reaction was based largely on the idea that Phil wants to trade Melo and KP is upset about that. There is no other logical explanation for KP's out of the blue subordination. It wasn't based on basketball since we saw him and the kids actually start playing better.

I'm assuming that Melo will move on. This is not going to be a situation where he fits next year. He could stay but that would not be in his best interests for his remaining career. I don't think it's too outlandish to assume Melo is going to want to move on given Phil's statements to him.

Im assuming Melo sticks it to phil and tells him he isn't going anywhere near a non contending team, which limits phils options..So what then, take whatever trash that's out there.

ES
Nalod
USA
4/20/2017  5:12 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Bigly............

nixluva
USA
4/20/2017  5:22 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Im assuming Melo sticks it to phil and tells him he isn't going anywhere near a non contending team, which limits phils options..So what then, take whatever trash that's out there.

Phil doesn't HAVE to trade Melo in order to move the team in the right direction but it would be in Melo's best interests to move on. Phil is NOT planning on sticking Melo on some losing team! He hasn't been like that with his players.

You have a very nasty tone to everything involving Phil. It strikes me that your take is unnecessarily negative. What is the point of Melo staying when there is going to be more of a youth movement going forward? This isn't going to be a good situation for Melo. He won't fit with the new core or approach to the game this team wants to have.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/20/2017  5:37 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Phil doesn't HAVE to trade Melo in order to move the team in the right direction but it would be in Melo's best interests to move on. Phil is NOT planning on sticking Melo on some losing team! He hasn't been like that with his players.

You have a very nasty tone to everything involving Phil. It strikes me that your take is unnecessarily negative. What is the point of Melo staying when there is going to be more of a youth movement going forward? This isn't going to be a good situation for Melo. He won't fit with the new core or approach to the game this team wants to have.

If Melo wants to stay in NY, be near his kid, I'm OK with that. Be a good soldier and play hard and do what team asks. Nothing wrong with that.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/20/2017  5:48 PM
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

If Melo wants to stay in NY, be near his kid, I'm OK with that. Be a good soldier and play hard and do what team asks. Nothing wrong with that.

I think Melo staying would not be the worst thing to happen. We need to get lucky in the draft and get Jonathan Isaac. Start KP at the 5 spot. Melo at the 4. Isaac at the 3. Then rotate Willy in with KP and Melo. Then hope that Baker, Randle, CLee and Holiday can man the backcourt.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/20/2017  6:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/20/2017  6:18 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:How is this a positive sign? If KP had a cause or an issue, he should have gone to Phil and spoken his mind. Instead, he acted out as an immature delinquent, skipping school.

Don't recall Dirk pulling off such antics, even though his early days in Dallas were not easy either.

How do you/we know he didn't already talk to Phil or anyone else in the organization.

nixluva
USA
4/20/2017  8:28 PM
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Could Melo make it work in Brooklyn, Boston, Philly or Washington? If he expands his acceptable destinations he could stay closer.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

4/21/2017  12:33 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:How is this a positive sign? If KP had a cause or an issue, he should have gone to Phil and spoken his mind. Instead, he acted out as an immature delinquent, skipping school.

How do you/we know he didn't already talk to Phil or anyone else in the organization.

Cause he did not go to the exit interview

KP Speaks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy