Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
4/19/2017  10:22 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:^^^^Thats just par for the course yellow, expect more deflection ..But it's a HUGE statement by KP..KP is biking, doing interviews in NY and won't speak to the Knick brass..

He may be upset but it's not because of his role in the offense!!! AFTER the Triangle reset and Phil talking to KP, it's clear KP played well to close the year up until he tweaked his back so what proof is there that KP had issues at that point having to do with Team Offensive strategy??? By the time we got to the close of the season and they were playing the kids, there wasn't even a whisper of dissatisfaction from KP until the day of the Exit Meetings.

Technically he didn't say anything at exits..So you have no clue what spurred his dissatisfaction..

Correct but I have overwhelming proof that not only did KP approve of going with more Triangle but he played well along with the kids down the stretch! There was no angry towel thrown in frustration on the bench type of outburst. NOPE! KP just played really well and the kids continued to play better after he went down. So where would this supposed issue have come up over the last month of the season?

Is your proof video showing him taking a 27 footer within the first 5 seconds of the shot clock?...Pure Triangle. Or perhaps the PnR with Baker?...Triangle at its finest. May agree that its less about the Triangle and more about having to deal with Rambis and Phil for 2 more years.

KP: F PHIL, I rather go biking then hear him say just one more word. Translation to you....I Love Phil and the Triangle.
KP: I am playing for Latvia, dont care what Phil says. Translation to you.....I will be at summer Triangle clinics.

You are starting to get it. Jeff is running his Early Offense and NOT forcing Side Triangle!!! Phil APPROVES of this approach and said so in his Press Conference. Phil made note of how he likes Jeff's Offense and how the kids really took hold of it and played harder on D.

This is why I keep saying to WATCH THE VIDEOS. Phil wasn't forcing the Triangle in the way the Media keeps saying! The team really got the hang of Jeff's blended Triangle which featured more Early Offense, Spread PnR, 3's but could flow into Triangle when necessary. Why would KP be upset about playing well in that style???

AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Member: #1081

4/19/2017  10:29 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Was smart of KP to hold back until he talks to Phil. People already get the gist of his dissatisfaction with the team's direction, or lack of direction.

He should have spoken to Phil, let him know how he feels and not have this in the media..He may have spoken to Phil in the past for all we know..Clearly he wants to make a public statement..

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/19/2017  10:34 PM
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Was smart of KP to hold back until he talks to Phil. People already get the gist of his dissatisfaction with the team's direction, or lack of direction.

He should have spoken to Phil, let him know how he feels and not have this in the media..He may have spoken to Phil in the past for all we know..Clearly he wants to make a public statement..

Lots of things that should have been done all the way up the chain of command this season. Would rather he act out now than in 2 years where the answer would probably be a quick fix to appease Porzingis. Which likely wouldn't accomplish much.

nixluva
USA
4/19/2017  11:01 PM
Here's the thing KP's act if subordination was a big Media overhype since in the end KP doesn't want to be traded so really what is the real impact of his action? He LOVES NEW YORK! So he's upset about something? It clearly isn't bad enough for him to express not wanting to remain a part of this team or allowing that to remain a question in anyone's mind.

If it was the Triangle KP could easily just say that! If it was something that could not be endured I doubt he comes out so strong that he wants to STAY!!! So in the end this seems like a youthful mistake. Whatever is bothering KP it's not insurmountable in the way the Media hyped it to be.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/19/2017  11:37 PM
"He loves New York", Rumor is Prokhorov is offering BroPez, Unprotected Picks in 2020, 2022 and 2032.....(No misprint!!), and will sign KP to a life time contract that includes any country he chooses that ends in "STAN" as his own!!!
There is also a deal in the works for Melo for Lin, and the rights to DR J.'s legacy. His jersey will be reretired as knick, not a Net.

Melo and KP will move into gather, raise Melo's son and KP's after he impregnates Red Sonja.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/20/2017  12:37 AM
nixluva wrote:Here's the thing KP's act if subordination was a big Media overhype since in the end KP doesn't want to be traded so really what is the real impact of his action? He LOVES NEW YORK! So he's upset about something? It clearly isn't bad enough for him to express not wanting to remain a part of this team or allowing that to remain a question in anyone's mind.

If it was the Triangle KP could easily just say that! If it was something that could not be endured I doubt he comes out so strong that he wants to STAY!!! So in the end this seems like a youthful mistake. Whatever is bothering KP it's not insurmountable in the way the Media hyped it to be.

I thought he kept things pretty vague, saying it wasn't the right time to talk about it etc. Also, the article said he publicly endorsed the triangle but privately questions it. The article is a Berman article so you have to question the source. But news day later published an article w
Quoting the Post interview with KP. Do the Dolan's still own Newsday? I know they sold off a lot of their holdings.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
4/20/2017  1:00 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:Here's the thing KP's act if subordination was a big Media overhype since in the end KP doesn't want to be traded so really what is the real impact of his action? He LOVES NEW YORK! So he's upset about something? It clearly isn't bad enough for him to express not wanting to remain a part of this team or allowing that to remain a question in anyone's mind.

I thought he kept things pretty vague, saying it wasn't the right time to talk about it etc. Also, the article said he publicly endorsed the triangle but privately questions it. The article is a Berman article so you have to question the source. But news day later published an article w
Quoting the Post interview with KP. Do the Dolan's still own Newsday? I know they sold off a lot of their holdings.

When the Media talks about the Triangle I guarantee you they don't know what they're talking about!!!
Jeff's version of the Triangle which is endorsed by Phil is what you saw in the videos I've been posting and I defy anyone to look at that offense and find something KP would be against!!!

The Media is FULL OF IT! They don't know a damned thing about what the Knicks are actually running and all they do is run the same crap whenever they hear TRIANGLE! Anyone on this forum who doesn't believe me just go ahead and watch any games at the close of the season and see how much Side Triangle Post Up you see! They still run Triangle but do different things out of it. Jeff has done a good job of modernizing it but you really couldn't fully see it until the kids got more minutes.

Phil just wants TEAM BALL and by the end Jeff had them playing that way even tho they still need more talent and development.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

4/20/2017  1:02 AM
“No one’s comfortable with losing,” Porzingis said that day. “If it means going in the right direction and doing the right thing, let’s do that. But just having no idea the direction, then it’s not going to work out. The direction has to be clear what we want to do.”

If KP starts scoring 30 ppg and pulling down 15 rpg, the losing will stop. How's that for going in the clear right direction, KP?

Blowing off meetings with the team president won't win games.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/20/2017  1:10 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
“No one’s comfortable with losing,” Porzingis said that day. “If it means going in the right direction and doing the right thing, let’s do that. But just having no idea the direction, then it’s not going to work out. The direction has to be clear what we want to do.”

If KP starts scoring 30 ppg and pulling down 15 rpg, the losing will stop. How's that for going in the clear right direction, KP?

Great post. Amazing insight. It's all KP's fault! Melo isn't even out the door yet lol isn't it still supposed to be Melo's fault until like next October?

¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
4/20/2017  1:23 AM
crzymdups wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

Great post. Amazing insight. It's all KP's fault! Melo isn't even out the door yet lol isn't it still supposed to be Melo's fault until like next October?

KP is going to have to improve and he knows this and wants it. Everything he says gives the impression that KP wants to be Elite and to the extent that he improves that will only help the team win. It's not about JUST KP tho and obviously Phil knows he has to add more 2 Way talent. This isn't about blame!

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/20/2017  1:28 AM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

KP is going to have to improve and he knows this and wants it. Everything he says gives the impression that KP wants to be Elite and to the extent that he improves that will only help the team win. It's not about JUST KP tho and obviously Phil knows he has to add more 2 Way talent. This isn't about blame!

I'm sure Phil is very glad it's not about blame. Except he's the one who keeps blaming other people, usually Melo.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
4/20/2017  1:42 AM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

I'm sure Phil is very glad it's not about blame. Except he's the one who keeps blaming other people, usually Melo.

Phil didn't BLAME Melo! He was trying to HELP Melo to be a better player and leader. There's NOTHING that Phil asked Melo to do that was detrimental to Melo. The need by fans and Media to want to place Phil as a villain out to ruin Melo is way off base!

I will be glad when Melo is gone because we need players that will actually listen and play TEAM BALL. We started to see more of that when Melo was out. Better ball and player movement and greater defensive effort. That's all Phil wants and he will eventually be successful because of this.

ESOMKnicks

4/20/2017  1:53 AM
Look, I am not a fan of Phil, especially after he threw Melo under the bus in his most recent conference. But this is ridiculous. Phil does not play on the court. If the team loses, it's on the players and on the coach first and foremost. As far as adding talent to win, Phil did bring in a former MVP and an 18 ppg scorer for the offense, and a former DPOY at center and a defensive minded SG for the defense. And if these moves did not pay off, it is once again because the players and the coach collectively failed to perform.

So KP should look in the mirror and ask himself "Have I done everything I could so that the Knicks would win?" before blowing off meetings and complaining in interviews. When the 1990s Bulls had bad games, Michael Jordan started by looking at himself, rather than looking for blame around him.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/20/2017  2:54 AM
I think KP is being an over entitled *******. He's a second year player- he blows of the exit interview then makes it clear he's going back to Latvia to do whatever the hell he likes. If playing for the national team ends in injury he has only himself to blame. If it stops him getting stronger, he has only himself to blame. He claims he'll be living in the gum all offseason - that's bull that he always says because he thinks fans will lap it up. How can he be in the gym all summer if he has to play in the national games?

Very disappointed in his behaviour.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/20/2017  3:23 AM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

Phil didn't BLAME Melo! He was trying to HELP Melo to be a better player and leader. There's NOTHING that Phil asked Melo to do that was detrimental to Melo. The need by fans and Media to want to place Phil as a villain out to ruin Melo is way off base!

I will be glad when Melo is gone because we need players that will actually listen and play TEAM BALL. We started to see more of that when Melo was out. Better ball and player movement and greater defensive effort. That's all Phil wants and he will eventually be successful because of this.

Playing the 3 was detrimental

ESOMKnicks

4/20/2017  5:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/20/2017  5:15 AM
Phil's issue is that he needed to do one of three things

1)Convince the players to embrace his system
2) Change the system to fit the players
3) Change the players who refuse to fit the system, while getting good players that will fit in return

He failed to do any of the three so far. As fans we can blame him for this. But as a player, KP cannot, since part of his task was to buy into the system, rather than clamor for it to change

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/20/2017  7:31 AM
KP is on record as saying they should stick to one system.
Part of the frustration is they have not been able to.
Part of it is the players not learning it and they get "Rebellious".
Melo has kicked up with other coach's when the style does not suit him.
The team does not win consistently unless melo is in a zone.
Derrick rose in contract year, under pressure, missed a lot of camp.
Rambis is not easy on players, is one part being an ass, one part frustrated by lack of execution.
KP likely is finding it hard to take his loyalties and verbalize. He is both loyal to Melo who has been a good mentor of sorts and perhaps offers him a level of friendship that includes "don't let the team mess with you", and his loyalty to the Phil, the coach's and Knicks fans.
So while we can speculate, the young man choose to not to meet and verbalize these conflicts.
Don't make it right that he skipped the meeting, but then sometimes the best thing to do is nothing. Its what KP did, its what the knicks did.
Gudris
Member: #6213

4/20/2017  12:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/20/2017  1:06 PM
http://instagram.com/p/BTFh60Vh-tv/

This pic is worth a million words: NBPA director blasts @philjackson11, @kporzee stops by smiling with a thumbs-up photo op before leaving the city🤔😅😅 It seems to me like KP is getting Phil outta here himself😂😅 Thoughts?

fwk00
Member: #6048

4/20/2017  12:57 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:Look, I am not a fan of Phil, especially after he threw Melo under the bus in his most recent conference. But this is ridiculous. Phil does not play on the court. If the team loses, it's on the players and on the coach first and foremost. As far as adding talent to win, Phil did bring in a former MVP and an 18 ppg scorer for the offense, and a former DPOY at center and a defensive minded SG for the defense. And if these moves did not pay off, it is once again because the players and the coach collectively failed to perform.

So KP should look in the mirror and ask himself "Have I done everything I could so that the Knicks would win?" before blowing off meetings and complaining in interviews. When the 1990s Bulls had bad games, Michael Jordan started by looking at himself, rather than looking for blame around him.

Porzingis is playing with fire AND tempting fate to deal him an injury. The basketball gods are ambivalent especially to smirking wannabes.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/20/2017  1:16 PM
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:Phil said there was a game KP played where he didn't take any threes Andre called to tell KP it was a good thing..The following games KP launched 5,7,6,6 threes...

Wow you are F'n LOST if you think Phil was saying don't shoot 3's at all. He was just letting KP know that he doesn't have to play lazy and just launch 3's. KP should get some early shots in closer and use all of his skills. KP did that and there was good balance to his offense.

Phil is not a fan of todays NBA and majority of players dont like the triangle, especially guards.

This is shaping up to be the worst era in Knicks history

ES
KP Speaks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy