[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Negotiating a Melo to Lakers trade.
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/19/2017  3:24 PM
crzymdups wrote:The actual trade proposed was kinda insane and too ridiculous to ever happen, but I believe the one they "agreed" to was:

Jordan Clarkson
Julian Randle
Luol Deng
Corey Brewer
2 first round picks in the 2020s

for

Carmelo Anthony
Courtney Lee
Lance Thomas
a second round pick in 2019

I would love to get Clarkson and I kinda like Randle's game. Deng's contract would be a tough pill to swallow, but it would mean that when Noah's deal expired, Knicks would have massive cap room.

I think its a good trade. Lakers are more likely to try and win now than us. Magic likes Melos game.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

4/19/2017  4:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2017  4:33 PM
I'd want Russell they won't give him up
But if they draft Ball or Fultz in the top 3 ...they may move Russell and Deng for Melo. Still a long shot but I would aim for that.
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
4/19/2017  10:47 PM
I don't like the deal but I'd take it. Brewer and Clarkson are serviceable and Randle still hasn't peaked and can pass presumably. Carrying both Deng and Noah is a very painful process but it's purgatory that this franchise has to live through to pay for prior sins. Rotation :

# 7 Draft (Fox, Tatum, Isaac)
Zinger
Hernangonez
Holiday?
Clarkson
Baker
Rose?
Randle Julius
Brewer
Noah
Deng
O'Quinn
Kuz
And 2 First Round pics (I thought there was a pick from Houston # 28 in this DRAFT.)
Fox may not be around but I think there is a pg to be had here and I've left off Chasson
And Sasha.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

4/20/2017  9:34 AM
Paris907 wrote:I don't like the deal but I'd take it. Brewer and Clarkson are serviceable and Randle still hasn't peaked and can pass presumably. Carrying both Deng and Noah is a very painful process but it's purgatory that this franchise has to live through to pay for prior sins. Rotation :

# 7 Draft (Fox, Tatum, Isaac)
Zinger
Hernangonez
Holiday?
Clarkson
Baker
Rose?
Randle Julius
Brewer
Noah
Deng
O'Quinn
Kuz
And 2 First Round pics (I thought there was a pick from Houston # 28 in this DRAFT.)
Fox may not be around but I think there is a pg to be had here and I've left off Chasson
And Sasha.

Well i'm pretty sure you're gonna need to add Sasha to the roster cause Phil isn't gonna let him go especially if we're truly going triangle next year and don't really think it's a horrible idea top have him around. C.Randle i don't really care about cause he didn't show me anything in his time with us.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/23/2017  7:43 PM

I did not think about Dallas but for Melo he would get his trade kicker, get to play for a great owner, and not have state income tax. I don't know what Dallas has to give back in a Melo trade.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fwk00
Member: #6048

4/23/2017  7:54 PM
I could see the Mavs dealing Wesley Matthews, Devin Harris, and next year's #1 for Melo.

Harris you cut. Matthews is damaged goods but coming off the bench would be fine.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/23/2017  8:07 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
I did not think about Dallas but for Melo he would get his trade kicker, get to play for a great owner, and not have state income tax. I don't know what Dallas has to give back in a Melo trade.

Dallas could reboot itself with Melo and a possibly another player... they just have nothing to trade us.... I don't want Wesley Mathews. He's a shell of himself. I do want that #9 pick. Salaries don't makes sense for us

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

4/23/2017  10:14 PM
crzymdups wrote:The actual trade proposed was kinda insane and too ridiculous to ever happen, but I believe the one they "agreed" to was:

Jordan Clarkson
Julian Randle
Luol Deng
Corey Brewer
2 first round picks in the 2020s

for

Carmelo Anthony
Courtney Lee
Lance Thomas
a second round pick in 2019

I would love to get Clarkson and I kinda like Randle's game. Deng's contract would be a tough pill to swallow, but it would mean that when Noah's deal expired, Knicks would have massive cap room.

The Knicks could get Randle, but they'd have to take in Deng and Mozgov, and send Melo and O'Quinn to the Lakers. There'd have to be other moving pieces, but that's the only feasible deal I could see coming out the Lakers. They wouldn't get a first round pick. They'd get "phantom" picks for perception purposes ( i.e. so heavily protected firsts that they are really 2nd round pick conversions for the future but make the trade look good, no different than large NFL contracts that are truly 1 year deals but look massive to make the player and agent look good)

Lance Thomas is a bad contract. I don't see another team taking him without more positive assets moving to wash his lack of value out. The only thing of value would be Randle, Knicks would never see Clarkson in a deal.

I know what people will say, Randle is a PF who can't defend the rim, and the last thing the Knicks need is another PF. Well the Lakers will have a PF in Melo and Randle is the only player they'd move and the only player besides bad contracts that Melo would waive his NTC for. He's not going to go to gutted team with his NTC.

Do I think it's a good deal in terms of value? No, it's a pretty ugly deal

Do I think it might be the best damage control deal the Knicks will get? Yes

Do I think the Knicks should make that deal? Sadly, yes. At least Deng can play the wing and can at least defend his own weight (kind of at this point). At least Mozgov will go out and hit someone in the paint.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/23/2017  11:12 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

If Dirk is willing to take less couldn't they slide Melo into their cap space?

Dallas could look similar to the Aldridge Blazers if they were able to draft DSjr and get Melo.

Smith Jr
Wesley
Barnes
Melo
Noel

Honestly if I were Dallas I would try to include Wesley JR and exchange Powell for O'Quinn. I maybe wrong but they would have nearly $20m in cap space even if they picked up the end of bench guys options and keep Dirk's $25m cap hold

Negotiating a Melo to Lakers trade.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy