[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Negotiating a Melo to Lakers trade.
Author Thread
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

4/19/2017  10:25 AM
Kinda cool listening to these two act as GM's negotiating a Melo to Lakers trade.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiRiqDW3LDTAhUF4SYKHYpGA5sQqUMILzAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.silverscreenandroll.com%2F2017%2F4%2F18%2F15353294%2Fla-lakers-podcast-negotiating-carmelo-anthony-trade-new-york-knicks-trade-rumors-phil-jackson&usg=AFQjCNFqeHeQ5KomL-F9gS2ujvUA1MiBJg&sig2=s9hhda_sP0mSPbvHYn24Qg

AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/19/2017  10:29 AM
Can't listen right now... just kick the ballistics
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/19/2017  10:40 AM
This is pretty interesting.

The Lakers guys start out by saying they think Melo is one of the most underrated guys in the league right now.

¿ △ ?
EnySpree

4/19/2017  10:55 AM
crzymdups wrote:This is pretty interesting.

The Lakers guys start out by saying they think Melo is one of the most underrated guys in the league right now.

What kind of trades did they come up with?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
crzymdups
USA
4/19/2017  11:01 AM
EnySpree wrote:

They were talking about Clarkson who I like. Nance was a subject of debate. I also like nance. Will have to listen more later, I have a meeting.

¿ △ ?
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

4/19/2017  11:11 AM
EnySpree wrote:

i think if i remember correctly it was jordan clarkson,julius randle, dengs messed up contract. two future first round picks for melo lance and lee.
then take a point guard in the draft .

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/19/2017  11:34 AM
crzymdups wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

They were talking about Clarkson who I like. Nance was a subject of debate. I also like nance. Will have to listen more later, I have a meeting.

crzymdups
USA
4/19/2017  11:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2017  11:43 AM
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Nalod, I love how you claim to be so happy about the Knicks and then spend your day following me around policing my posts for any Knicks related unhappy feelings. It seems really healthy.

There's a saying "It's not Mondays you hate, it's capitalism."

Maybe it's not me you hate, but being a Knicks fan?

¿ △ ?
Nalod
USA
4/19/2017  11:54 AM
crzymdups wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Nalod, I love how you claim to be so happy about the Knicks and then spend your day following me around policing my posts for any Knicks related unhappy feelings. It seems really healthy.

Your right, I must hate myself. It really is not healthy.
But I can ask the same about you? Your obsession for phil is far greater in length than my obsession for you which is just a few days now, and its born from my admiration for your dedication to the cause.
Yes, I am upset at myself for this hobby and its destructiveness. It does little for me.

dacash

4/19/2017  12:02 PM
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

But I can ask the same about you? Your obsession for phil is far greater in length than my obsession for you which is just a few days now, and its born from my admiration for your dedication to the cause.
Yes, I am upset at myself for this hobby and its destructiveness. It does little for me.

MY GOD !!!! REALLY
you two need to get a room , but use condoms i dont want kids coming out you two.
all the man said was he had a meeting and would listen to the pod cast later nothing about phil, in fact phil isnt even the topic ; melo to the lakers is
PLS PLS CALM DOWN i know its the playoffs and the knicks are not in it again but is the hostility really necessary?

Nalod
USA
4/19/2017  12:15 PM
dacash wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

MY GOD !!!! REALLY
you two need to get a room , but use condoms i dont want kids coming out you two.
all the man said was he had a meeting and would listen to the pod cast later nothing about phil, in fact phil isnt even the topic ; melo to the lakers is
PLS PLS CALM DOWN i know its the playoffs and the knicks are not in it again but is the hostility really necessary?

Pic of Gollum is hostile? Naw, Crzymdups and I are OK, we just having some fun! Nobody calling each other names or doing anything personal!

crzymdups
USA
4/19/2017  12:40 PM
The actual trade proposed was kinda insane and too ridiculous to ever happen, but I believe the one they "agreed" to was:

Jordan Clarkson
Julian Randle
Luol Deng
Corey Brewer
2 first round picks in the 2020s

for

Carmelo Anthony
Courtney Lee
Lance Thomas
a second round pick in 2019

I would love to get Clarkson and I kinda like Randle's game. Deng's contract would be a tough pill to swallow, but it would mean that when Noah's deal expired, Knicks would have massive cap room.

¿ △ ?
dacash

4/19/2017  12:42 PM
Nalod wrote:
dacash wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

MY GOD !!!! REALLY

Pic of Gollum is hostile? Naw, Crzymdups and I are OK, we just having some fun! Nobody calling each other names or doing anything personal!

when is the wedding they allow that in a lot of places now ! lol.
i apologize it just most threads turn into a slug fest between two posters, long as its all in fun; i guess
my apologies once more

Nalod
USA
4/19/2017  12:50 PM
dacash wrote:
Nalod wrote:
dacash wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

MY GOD !!!! REALLY

when is the wedding they allow that in a lot of places now ! lol.
i apologize it just most threads turn into a slug fest between two posters, long as its all in fun; i guess
my apologies once more

Its cool, we trade barbs, I respect his acumen and he does present good points for his view. We all redundant to not get on each others nerves!!!
U.K. we melt, we get made gone! Its how it existed all these years.

Im sure I get on others nerves but I do try to back up the majority of my points with either a source, or some visual interest.
And lord knows given our post count we not right in the head about most of this!!!

I listend to a few minutes of the pod cast. what I heard was fun. I would be cool to know how Magic and Phil would negotiate a deal. Or Mills.

newyorker4ever

4/19/2017  1:48 PM
EnySpree wrote:

They go back and forth negotiating with each other acting as Lakers and Knicks GM's and make offers back and forth with each other. I think it's worth the listen if you can find the time.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/19/2017  2:03 PM
I thought Melo only wanted to go to a winner. I don't see how the Lakers play into this. Clippers have a much better chance since his buddy is there.
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

4/19/2017  2:11 PM
Vmart wrote:I thought Melo only wanted to go to a winner. I don't see how the Lakers play into this. Clippers have a much better chance since his buddy is there.

Any LA team will do just fine, we're talking about Melo here. The guy who passed on effort and winning basketball for an extremely lucrative life of comfort.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/19/2017  2:19 PM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
Vmart wrote:I thought Melo only wanted to go to a winner. I don't see how the Lakers play into this. Clippers have a much better chance since his buddy is there.

Any LA team will do just fine, we're talking about Melo here. The guy who passed on effort and winning basketball for an extremely lucrative life of comfort.

Yeah but that would make it to obvious. Going to a winner at least he can pretend and play it off like he is a winner.

EnySpree

4/19/2017  3:23 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

They go back and forth negotiating with each other acting as Lakers and Knicks GM's and make offers back and forth with each other. I think it's worth the listen if you can find the time.

Definitely sounds like my idea of a good time lol... I'm going to listen tonight.

newyorker4ever

4/19/2017  3:24 PM
Vmart wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

Yeah but that would make it to obvious. Going to a winner at least he can pretend and play it off like he is a winner.

I just hope he adds to his trade list he gives Phil cause if the only teams are Clev, Clips, Boston we won't get a good return for him but at this point it would be a plus just to get him off our cap. We would have to take back a big contract but if Phil does this right he could get a player on a big contract but only has one year left on it.

If we could get J.Clarkson along with some combo of J.Randle, L.Nance, L.Deng and draft picks i'd be fine with that. I really like Randle and think he can be a really good player but would probably rather have Nance if it was one of those two to choose from but i'll take either one.

Negotiating a Melo to Lakers trade.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy