[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Robin Lopez
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/19/2017  7:34 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:KOQ had a better year then Roll minus recent playoff games.

KOQ has better per min production. Has better advanced stats in almost every category.

Rebounds at a higher rate. Generated more ast and blks per 36 or per 100 possesions. Shot at a higher %. Provided more win shates48 .151 to Rolos .091. Has a better OPM, DPM, VORP, ORTG, DRTG.

KOQ makes 4mil per
Rolo makes 13mil per

Giving up Roll wasnt devastating.

I always wonder about comparing stats when players are starters vs bench. There should be a correction moderator or something cause they certainly are not equal.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/19/2017  7:39 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:KOQ had a better year then Roll minus recent playoff games.

KOQ has better per min production. Has better advanced stats in almost every category.

Rebounds at a higher rate. Generated more ast and blks per 36 or per 100 possesions. Shot at a higher %. Provided more win shates48 .151 to Rolos .091. Has a better OPM, DPM, VORP, ORTG, DRTG.

KOQ makes 4mil per
Rolo makes 13mil per

I always wonder about comparing stats when players are starters vs bench. There should be a correction moderator or something cause they certainly are not equal.

But you also saw when KOQ got mins and played he produced. These stats just confirm what we saw.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
4/19/2017  7:46 PM
We traded Lopez for Rose who people view as a net negative and added Noah who only played 46 games and played like crap most of the year and we only won one more game last yr then this year.
martin
USA
4/19/2017  8:10 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

KOQ makes 4mil per
Rolo makes 13mil per

But you also saw when KOQ got mins and played he produced. These stats just confirm what we saw.

I do recall that he did OK but I also wonder about over the long term. I think he is a guy who would get exposed.

martin
USA
4/19/2017  8:11 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:We traded Lopez for Rose who people view as a net negative and added Noah who only played 46 games and played like crap most of the year and we only won one more game last yr then this year.

and not for nothing, Bulls got rid of Rose, Noah, Pau. Added Wade, Rolo, Rondo... and won exactly the same # of games.

did I get the main pieces right?

newyorknewyork
4/19/2017  8:18 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

KOQ makes 4mil per
Rolo makes 13mil per

I do recall that he did OK but I also wonder about over the long term. I think he is a guy who would get exposed.

KOQ's main problem is he fouls to much. Lopez has played 30 mins or more once in his career. He isn't a 34-36 min anchor. He is a solid role player.

martin
USA
4/19/2017  8:21 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

KOQ makes 4mil per
Rolo makes 13mil per

KOQ's main problem is he fouls to much. Lopez has played 30 mins or more once in his career. He isn't a 34-36 min anchor. He is a solid role player.

Agreed. I view Rolo as a solid starting role player for a team that can be a first and second round playoff team. I don't view KOQ as a role playing starter. Actually, I hate KOQ, makes too many mental errors; Id rather trade him.

newyorknewyork
4/19/2017  8:29 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:

KOQ makes 4mil per
Rolo makes 13mil per

Agreed. I view Rolo as a solid starting role player for a team that can be a first and second round playoff team. I don't view KOQ as a role playing starter. Actually, I hate KOQ, makes too many mental errors; Id rather trade him.

While I agree with the mental errors. He also has more potential then Lopez. Lopez knows what he is and knows his lane. KOQ has more tools but hasn't put all together or decided to stick to a specific lane.

I would like to trade him also as I would prefer and more agile big next to KP and Willy cover the stretch 4s.

newyorknewyork
4/19/2017  8:37 PM
Also Lopez didn't establish himself to be a starting center for a playoff team until his 5th year in the league. Before that he was a low mins high foul player as well.
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

4/19/2017  9:29 PM
Was going to talk about Lopez in the what if we keep Rose thread.

Could even be something which gives Phil the idea that he should keep Rose, which I DON'T want.

If Rose goes, Phil basically traded Lopez and Grant for Holiday (was there a #2 in their somewhere? forgot), and to replace Lopez he brought in the more expensive and much more injured, Noah.

Say what you want about Robin, but he played with intensity, was a good locker room guy, is one of the better players in the league at remembering to box out, is a very good interior defender, and actually showed us a decent offensive game, especially in the paint.

No, he is not the best passer from the 5, but he sets good picks, and always gave you 100% effort.

In my mind he is looking like a pretty good guy to have on the Knicks...a guy who could help protect Willy and KP in the paint, and someone on what appears to be a great contract at this time.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/19/2017  10:34 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Was going to talk about Lopez in the what if we keep Rose thread.

Could even be something which gives Phil the idea that he should keep Rose, which I DON'T want.

If Rose goes, Phil basically traded Lopez and Grant for Holiday (was there a #2 in their somewhere? forgot), and to replace Lopez he brought in the more expensive and much more injured, Noah.

Say what you want about Robin, but he played with intensity, was a good locker room guy, is one of the better players in the league at remembering to box out, is a very good interior defender, and actually showed us a decent offensive game, especially in the paint.

No, he is not the best passer from the 5, but he sets good picks, and always gave you 100% effort.

In my mind he is looking like a pretty good guy to have on the Knicks...a guy who could help protect Willy and KP in the paint, and someone on what appears to be a great contract at this time.

Since we might lose Holiday in FA - you better hope that 2nd round pick turns into an amazing talent!

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

4/19/2017  10:41 PM
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:
MS wrote:Amazing watching Lopez control the glass and provide scoring against the best team in the east, while listening to our smug GM talk about the players we want in this organization like Ron Baker, after trading a center that played 82 games and just goes about his business, doesn't need shots and is a great team guy.

This was another huge zero for Phil. We have a lingering corpse in street clothes signed three more years, suspended and pretending to play.

Hard to imagine Phil pitching a plan, after trading for an injured guard to sign an injured center then praising that point guard as a premier scorer and then emasculating our best player during a press conference who scores the ball at a higher rate.

Robin would have been a great asset to trade to a contending team, but again Phil loves just giving away players for no return.

Control the glass with 8 rebounds..Come on...He hit some key open shots which is good..Noah deal bites the big one tho...

Rolo is really good at boxing out for other players. Bulls have been destroying the Celts on the boards in this series and Rolo has definitely been controlling the paint. Bulls have a lot of guards who swoop down for rebounds like Rondo and Butler and Wade.

KP always rebounded much better playing alongside Rolo.

Insane..AAAhhhhhhh..I showed playoff stats to refute this where Aldridge numbers went up in the playoffs when Rolo sat...KP rebounds the same...

Lol. You hating on Sasquatch? True, Rolo not the best. But if applauding his play last year would have saved us from Phil signing Noah, I would have given him a standing ovation.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Robin Lopez

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy