[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Here's my draft
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/19/2017  11:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2017  11:10 PM
Uptown wrote:Love both Hart and Brunson....I'm a big Big East fan and I've seen both Nova stars over a dozen times...i would definitely snatch Hart with our 44th pick. He's a high IQ player, a ball mover, great teammate (former eagle scout),and will do a little bit of everything for you on the court.

Brunson is really good aswell, but i think might be available as a RFA or at the very end of the 2nd round so may be abl to buy a pick to snatch him.

I have to disagree with the Isaiah Thomas comparison. Thomas is a quick, scoring lead guard...Brunson is more of a pure pg. He's also 6'2 and about 190, is very strong and uses angles very well....Brunson reminds me a little of Andre Miller....

Uptown--Isiiah Thomas isnt super quick--heres video of him at Cal. Hes just incredibly strong has complete command of his dribble and is unbelievable at using his body control and angles. Actually this video shows how good of a pure PG he could be--hes got excellent vision. But in temr sof lightning fast--no. He plays at his pace and it is not like a John Wall Ish Smith etc..

Here is another Brunson video--the 12 minute was is great but this one is good too. Hes just as fast and crafty as Thomas but hes 6-2 not 5-9 Thomas went 60th in the draft--this guy should easily be a early 2nd rounder--and hes got 1st rd talent--no doubt in my mind

Getting Brunson on the Knicks along with Hart--Id take Brunson first would be the savviest dam move by the Knicks.

Can someone call Phil Jackson and tell him to promise and acquire Jalen Brunson--is there a bat phone or something we can call?

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

4/19/2017  11:16 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Uptown wrote:Love both Hart and Brunson....I'm a big Big East fan and I've seen both Nova stars over a dozen times...i would definitely snatch Hart with our 44th pick. He's a high IQ player, a ball mover, great teammate (former eagle scout),and will do a little bit of everything for you on the court.

Brunson is really good aswell, but i think might be available as a RFA or at the very end of the 2nd round so may be abl to buy a pick to snatch him.

I have to disagree with the Isaiah Thomas comparison. Thomas is a quick, scoring lead guard...Brunson is more of a pure pg. He's also 6'2 and about 190, is very strong and uses angles very well....Brunson reminds me a little of Andre Miller....

Uptown--Isiiah Thomas isnt super quick--heres video of him at Cal. Hes just incredibly strong has complete command of his dribble and is unbelievable at using his body control and angles. Actually this video shows how good of a pure PG he could be--hes got excellent vision. But in temr sof lightning fast--no. He plays at his pace and it is not like a John Wall Ish Smith etc..

Here is another Brunson video--the 12 minute was is great but this one is good too. Hes just as fast and crafty as Thomas but hes 6-2 not 5-9 Thomas went 60th in the draft--this guy should easily be a early 2nd rounder--and hes got 1st rd talent--no doubt in my mind

Getting Brunson on the Knicks along with Hart--Id take Brunson first would be the savviest dam move by the Knicks.

Can someone call Phil Jackson and tell him to promise and acquire Jalen Brunson--is there a bat phone or something we can call?

Briggs you can send a tweet to Clarence Gaines or directly to Phil. I don't know if they'll read it but maybe.
BRIGGS
4/20/2017  2:08 AM
I'm not a big fan of the kp / willly starting unit. I think it kills the teams foot speed and neither can guard athletically John Collins would be our "Horace Grant" bringing athletic synergy to our frontline and essentially finishing a core 3 upfront for the next 10 years. I think he's the safest pick at 7 or 8 and helps us now
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/20/2017  8:28 AM
The one guy Id take if he fell would be Jason Tatum. If we had 6 it would be more of a plausible scenario--but how can Minny pass on him.

That would be our best case scenario up top if he fell. Hes a pure 3 who has dribble control---can help bring the ball up and initiate offense with a lot of defensive upside. A star like potential. Our L to Philly was just brutal. I mean maybe he doesnt fall but the math dictates he might.

I really believe Josh Jackson Fult Ball go 1-2-3 so you have to get to 7 without Tatum being picked --3 players before him. I think Orlando could go PG at 5 Minny might be the team that takes Issacs(but I doubt it) and the Sixers will go guard(I think)

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/20/2017  9:10 AM
Pick #7 Jason Tatum John Collins Frank Nikitinia

Pick #44 Jalen Brunson Josh Hart Semi Ojeleye

Pick #57 Derrick White Tyler Dorsey DEonte Burton

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

4/20/2017  9:28 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

I have a feeling that your credibility is taking a hit because of the guys you wanted the Knicks to draft two years ago over KP. I like all the guys you mentioned and all 3 are already being mocked as 1st rounders or high 2nd rounders in pretty much all the mocks i've looked at so all 3 have a shot at being Knicks but i just don't see us going with Collins with that pick when big men isn't our biggest need and SF, SG and PG are much bigger needs. I think Collins will be a solid pro though and really like Brunson and Hart.

BRIGGS
4/20/2017  9:37 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I have a feeling that your credibility is taking a hit because of the guys you wanted the Knicks to draft two years ago over KP. I like all the guys you mentioned and all 3 are already being mocked as 1st rounders or high 2nd rounders in pretty much all the mocks i've looked at so all 3 have a shot at being Knicks but i just don't see us going with Collins with that pick when big men isn't our biggest need and SF, SG and PG are much bigger needs. I think Collins will be a solid pro though and really like Brunson and Hart.

Selective memory? KP was my number 1 pick at 4-go look it up.

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/20/2017  9:55 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Pick #7 Jason Tatum John Collins Frank Nikitinia

I don't think this list is too far off. You have Collins a little higher than me, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't think Semi is realistic in relation to where we're picking. Brunson worries me on defense, but he reminds me of a quicker version of his dad. That's good enough for me.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
4/20/2017  11:41 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I don't think this list is too far off. You have Collins a little higher than me, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't think Semi is realistic in relation to where we're picking. Brunson worries me on defense, but he reminds me of a quicker version of his dad. That's good enough for me.

The numerical metrics of Jalen Brunson= a first round draft choice in the top 10. I could not find another guard picked in the top 10 going back 10 years who averaged 15 points with an efg over 60% and free throws at 90% He is quicker than his dad maybe taller version of derek fischer with much more shake and offensive skills. No doubt there is some I Thomas in there. He's a very high skill player--the type of player you say why didnt I think about him. Defensively hes a good player--not many negatives there at all.

I think some people poo poo the drop from 6-7 but I think it could be a materially critical mistake. If you look at the teams right now mathematically I think 3 PGs and a BIG goes in the top 5--that could push Tatum to 6.

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

4/20/2017  12:12 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Selective memory? KP was my number 1 pick at 4-go look it up.

I wouldn't be able to find the time to go through all of your posts/threads you made cause you were all over the place like you are every year around draft time. You had us trading down to get your boy Frank the Tank, you had us trading down to get WCS, there was sooooo many things you had us doing but one thing for sure is that you have way too many posts at this time for me to go looking around for one certain post and i really don't care enough to go looking either.

reub

4/20/2017  5:46 PM

Would you also consider OG if you knew he was healthy?

BRIGGS
4/20/2017  6:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/20/2017  6:05 PM
reub wrote:

If we don't get lucky into top 3 I'd work hard to see if I can get Tatum and promise jalen Brunson I'd pick him with either a late 1 or early 2 -- I'd be thrilled right there. oG I'd pass I'm looking for guys who can bring us to the next level with the ability to make plays with the dribble in and out. You can see the thesis there-- we need good players who can make plays with the ball.
Tatum Brunson Hart

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/20/2017  6:16 PM
Up Brunson back to villanova
RIP Crushalot😞
reub

4/20/2017  6:16 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
reub wrote:

If we don't get lucky into top 3 I'd work hard to see if I can get Tatum and promise jalen Brunson I'd pick him with either a late 1 or early 2 -- I'd be thrilled right there. oG I'd pass I'm looking for guys who can bring us to the next level with the ability to make plays with the dribble in and out. You can see the thesis there-- we need good players who can make plays with the ball.
Tatum Brunson Hart

Thanks. Our defense was terrible so that's why I brought up OG, who is supposed to be Kawhi-like.

reub

4/20/2017  6:17 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Up Brunson back to villanova

What about Frank Mason instead?

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/20/2017  6:25 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Brunson is going back to Nova....

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/20/2017  6:29 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Sounds like he heard that the Knicks' fans wanted him and could not imagine it...he has decided to stay in college.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/college/Jalen-Brunson-Villanova-basketball-point-guard-returning-no-NBA-draft.html

Thanks, Briggs

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
wargames
Member: #6053

4/20/2017  11:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/20/2017  11:11 PM
BRIGGS wrote:The one guy Id take if he fell would be Jason Tatum. If we had 6 it would be more of a plausible scenario--but how can Minny pass on him.

That would be our best case scenario up top if he fell. Hes a pure 3 who has dribble control---can help bring the ball up and initiate offense with a lot of defensive upside. A star like potential. Our L to Philly was just brutal. I mean maybe he doesnt fall but the math dictates he might.

I really believe Josh Jackson Fult Ball go 1-2-3 so you have to get to 7 without Tatum being picked --3 players before him. I think Orlando could go PG at 5 Minny might be the team that takes Issacs(but I doubt it) and the Sixers will go guard(I think)

I don't see him falling past Orlando. They've been looking for a SF who can shoot the ball since Tobias left and with Ibaka gone I expect them to play Gordon at the 4 like they should. The only way he slides is if Isaac gets talent at 4. I couldn't see the wolves taking him they already have Wiggins.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/20/2017  11:37 PM
Brunson is a SlUG at the NBA level.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/20/2017  11:40 PM
Briggs pushing Hart and Brunson over Monk --- come on man.

You have to separate College vs NBA.

There is a reason only a select few college players can sniff the NBA.

Here's my draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy