[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What would it mean to you if Phil re-signed Rose?
Author Thread
knicks1248
Posts: 36063
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
4/18/2017  10:01 PM
nixluva wrote:Rose is just a SG at this point. Not a bad thing to have a scorer on the roster.

WTF, your middle name is NIX "When Melo and Rose are gone"LUVA

He would be completely pointless to bring him back if your playing the triangle. His contract would be packed with incentives

ES
AUTOADVERT
VCoug
Posts: 24654
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/28/2007
Member: #1406

4/18/2017  10:04 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:So if the directive is to get younger and collect more 2-way players if Phil brought back Rose how would you view Phil's direction of the team?

That Phil is even more incompetent than I previously thought.

Knicksfans Forzingis!
knicks1248
Posts: 36063
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
4/18/2017  10:11 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:I personally think Rose is a mMLE type player and is simply a bigger version of Monta Ellis. It's hard to win with Ellis/Rose types and if it is hard to win with those types why have them around on a team that is rebuilding with Youth?

Meaning like $6 mil a year? I'd hate to spend that much on him but if we struck out with better FAs, I'd be open to it.

Did the mMLE go up that much? I thought it was still in the $3m territory.

Don't think he will take anything close to that. But it Depends on the term, for me. Not a fan of his court vision or true PG skill set but he can sure create. If term is short and Knicks can convince him to come off bench and be a "Lou Williams" type, then not the worst thing. But like I said, Just don't think he is going to take less money AND a bench role as well. Just hope Phil doesn't repeat the Noah type lapse of judgement.

there are more centers that shoot more 3's than rose, and that's a big part of this game, and while he can get to the whole with ease, he puts major strain on his knees, As oppose to having the ability to just come down and drain a 3, or spot up in the corner. not to mention he avoids contact on his layups..

ES
TPercy
Posts: 24489
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/5/2014
Member: #5748

4/18/2017  11:22 PM
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Hawks: 31m
Boston: 20m
GSW: 24m
Clippers: 42m
Memphis: 29M
OKC: 38m
Toronto: 40m

Teams will have cap space this year.

Just as a further reminder:
Evan Turner is getting 17.5 mm a year for four years.
Mozgov is getting 16mm a year for four years.
We gave Noah 18mm.
Harrison Barnes got a near max deal. Harrison Barnes.
Jeremy Lin is on 12mm
Chandler Parsons? Arron Afflalo? Rondo? Wade? Beal? Clarkson? Do I need to give more?

While I believe Rose isn't worth more more than the vet min here, especially with all the bull**** he has pulled on this team and the dysfunction he has contributed to, I also sadly believe that Rose will get paid this coming FA....handsomely if he wants to just because his name is Derrick Rose.

You have to present this much better. I don't know where you are getting your numbers either. http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/

Example:

                                   
2017-18
DeMar DeRozan $27,739,975
Jonas Valanciunas $15,460,675
DeMarre Carroll $14,800,000
Serge Ibaka
Kyle Lowry
Cory Joseph $7,660,000
Patrick Patterson
P.J. Tucker
Jakob Poeltl $2,825,640
Lucas Nogueira $2,947,305
Bruno Caboclo $2,451,225
Delon Wright $1,645,200
Pascal Siakam $1,249,920
Norman Powell $1,014,746
Fred VanVleet $905,249
$78,699,935

Toronto seems to have $28M of cap BEFORE they need to resign Ibaka, Lowry, Patterson, Tucker, draft pick?

Also, cap holds.


http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/245167/The-Maximum-Available-2017-Cap-Space-for-All-30-NBA-Teams-Version-40

Toronto is one out of 30 teams and doesn't address the fact that the trend of paying guys up to 3 times their value has been on an exponential rise. I agree that given Rose's lack of all round game he isn't worth much and I wouldn't pay him anything to bring him back, but it is beyond laughable for some people to think that a 6mm offer is going to cut it. Hell, Arron Afflalo regressed so much in NY,is inferior to Rose, and offered nothing more than a decent mid range J and he ended up making more money with the Kings.

The Future is Bright!
nixluva
Posts: 54700
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
4/18/2017  11:26 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Rose is just a SG at this point. Not a bad thing to have a scorer on the roster.

WTF, your middle name is NIX "When Melo and Rose are gone"LUVA

He would be completely pointless to bring him back if your playing the triangle. His contract would be packed with incentives

Rose is irrelevant to the long term plans. If Phil brought him back on a short deal as a scorer off the bench it doesn't really matter. This is not an endorsement of Rose as some big time player. I doubt he's brought back but I can see why they might do it.

TPercy
Posts: 24489
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/5/2014
Member: #5748

4/18/2017  11:29 PM
Cole Aldrich averages 8.6 minutes per game yet somehow is on eating a 7.3mm per year for 2 more seasons. Teams are stupid and the cap is rising, so one shouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if Rose is making hella $$$
The Future is Bright!
martin
Posts: 46159
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/19/2017  12:08 AM
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Hawks: 31m
Boston: 20m
GSW: 24m
Clippers: 42m
Memphis: 29M
OKC: 38m
Toronto: 40m

Teams will have cap space this year.

Just as a further reminder:
Evan Turner is getting 17.5 mm a year for four years.
Mozgov is getting 16mm a year for four years.
We gave Noah 18mm.
Harrison Barnes got a near max deal. Harrison Barnes.
Jeremy Lin is on 12mm
Chandler Parsons? Arron Afflalo? Rondo? Wade? Beal? Clarkson? Do I need to give more?

While I believe Rose isn't worth more more than the vet min here, especially with all the bull**** he has pulled on this team and the dysfunction he has contributed to, I also sadly believe that Rose will get paid this coming FA....handsomely if he wants to just because his name is Derrick Rose.

You have to present this much better. I don't know where you are getting your numbers either. http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/

Example:

                                   
2017-18
DeMar DeRozan $27,739,975
Jonas Valanciunas $15,460,675
DeMarre Carroll $14,800,000
Serge Ibaka
Kyle Lowry
Cory Joseph $7,660,000
Patrick Patterson
P.J. Tucker
Jakob Poeltl $2,825,640
Lucas Nogueira $2,947,305
Bruno Caboclo $2,451,225
Delon Wright $1,645,200
Pascal Siakam $1,249,920
Norman Powell $1,014,746
Fred VanVleet $905,249
$78,699,935

Toronto seems to have $28M of cap BEFORE they need to resign Ibaka, Lowry, Patterson, Tucker, draft pick?

Also, cap holds.


http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/245167/The-Maximum-Available-2017-Cap-Space-for-All-30-NBA-Teams-Version-40

Toronto is one out of 30 teams and doesn't address the fact that the trend of paying guys up to 3 times their value has been on an exponential rise. I agree that given Rose's lack of all round game he isn't worth much and I wouldn't pay him anything to bring him back, but it is beyond laughable for some people to think that a 6mm offer is going to cut it. Hell, Arron Afflalo regressed so much in NY,is inferior to Rose, and offered nothing more than a decent mid range J and he ended up making more money with the Kings.

Dude your numbers from your first post are all wrong. Some should be positive, some should be negative. Your first assertion that teams will have caps space, followed by the list you present, is just wrong. Which column in your link are you referring to?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TPercy
Posts: 24489
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/5/2014
Member: #5748

4/19/2017  6:48 AM
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Hawks: 31m
Boston: 20m
GSW: 24m
Clippers: 42m
Memphis: 29M
OKC: 38m
Toronto: 40m

Teams will have cap space this year.

Just as a further reminder:
Evan Turner is getting 17.5 mm a year for four years.
Mozgov is getting 16mm a year for four years.
We gave Noah 18mm.
Harrison Barnes got a near max deal. Harrison Barnes.
Jeremy Lin is on 12mm
Chandler Parsons? Arron Afflalo? Rondo? Wade? Beal? Clarkson? Do I need to give more?

While I believe Rose isn't worth more more than the vet min here, especially with all the bull**** he has pulled on this team and the dysfunction he has contributed to, I also sadly believe that Rose will get paid this coming FA....handsomely if he wants to just because his name is Derrick Rose.

You have to present this much better. I don't know where you are getting your numbers either. http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/

Example:

                                   
2017-18
DeMar DeRozan $27,739,975
Jonas Valanciunas $15,460,675
DeMarre Carroll $14,800,000
Serge Ibaka
Kyle Lowry
Cory Joseph $7,660,000
Patrick Patterson
P.J. Tucker
Jakob Poeltl $2,825,640
Lucas Nogueira $2,947,305
Bruno Caboclo $2,451,225
Delon Wright $1,645,200
Pascal Siakam $1,249,920
Norman Powell $1,014,746
Fred VanVleet $905,249
$78,699,935

Toronto seems to have $28M of cap BEFORE they need to resign Ibaka, Lowry, Patterson, Tucker, draft pick?

Also, cap holds.


http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/245167/The-Maximum-Available-2017-Cap-Space-for-All-30-NBA-Teams-Version-40

Toronto is one out of 30 teams and doesn't address the fact that the trend of paying guys up to 3 times their value has been on an exponential rise. I agree that given Rose's lack of all round game he isn't worth much and I wouldn't pay him anything to bring him back, but it is beyond laughable for some people to think that a 6mm offer is going to cut it. Hell, Arron Afflalo regressed so much in NY,is inferior to Rose, and offered nothing more than a decent mid range J and he ended up making more money with the Kings.

Dude your numbers from your first post are all wrong. Some should be positive, some should be negative. Your first assertion that teams will have caps space, followed by the list you present, is just wrong. Which column in your link are you referring to?

I looked at the wrong list. My bad. However, that wasn't the basis for my argument and looking back on the right column, my intitial statement wasn't wrong anyway.you still havent addressed my main point though.

The Future is Bright!
Bonn1997
Posts: 58188
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
4/19/2017  7:24 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:I personally think Rose is a mMLE type player and is simply a bigger version of Monta Ellis. It's hard to win with Ellis/Rose types and if it is hard to win with those types why have them around on a team that is rebuilding with Youth?

Ellis is a great comparison. The main difference is Rose is more of an injury risk.

HofstraBBall
Posts: 22194
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

4/19/2017  8:33 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:I personally think Rose is a mMLE type player and is simply a bigger version of Monta Ellis. It's hard to win with Ellis/Rose types and if it is hard to win with those types why have them around on a team that is rebuilding with Youth?

Meaning like $6 mil a year? I'd hate to spend that much on him but if we struck out with better FAs, I'd be open to it.

Did the mMLE go up that much? I thought it was still in the $3m territory.

Don't think he will take anything close to that. But it Depends on the term, for me. Not a fan of his court vision or true PG skill set but he can sure create. If term is short and Knicks can convince him to come off bench and be a "Lou Williams" type, then not the worst thing. But like I said, Just don't think he is going to take less money AND a bench role as well. Just hope Phil doesn't repeat the Noah type lapse of judgement.


I'm not a fan of the "someone will offer him more - so you have to pay" argument. Not saying you were saying that but I've heard people say it. You have to decide how much a player is worth to your team and be willing to say goodbye if someone else offers more. It's not like he's Lebron and it would be devastating to lose him.

True. But may not be about what someone else would offer and more about what we would need to pay for an alternative. Agree it would be another contradiction, if the plan is a true rebuild.

Melo Haters = Lin lovers who are mad Houston paid so much for his 15 Minutes,
fishmike
Posts: 47407
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
4/19/2017  8:47 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:I personally think Rose is a mMLE type player and is simply a bigger version of Monta Ellis. It's hard to win with Ellis/Rose types and if it is hard to win with those types why have them around on a team that is rebuilding with Youth?

Ellis is a great comparison. The main difference is Rose is more of an injury risk.

Why is it hard to win with those types? Ellis wasnt a starter this year, but the prior 3 years he was and his team won 45(Pacers), 50 and 49 games (Dallas). I would be pretty happy if Rose or Ellis was the starter and the Knicks had 3 seasons of 45, 49 and 50 wins. Not sure I get this knock...
fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
Bonn1997
Posts: 58188
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
4/19/2017  10:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2017  10:14 AM
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:I personally think Rose is a mMLE type player and is simply a bigger version of Monta Ellis. It's hard to win with Ellis/Rose types and if it is hard to win with those types why have them around on a team that is rebuilding with Youth?

Ellis is a great comparison. The main difference is Rose is more of an injury risk.

Why is it hard to win with those types? Ellis wasnt a starter this year, but the prior 3 years he was and his team won 45(Pacers), 50 and 49 games (Dallas). I would be pretty happy if Rose or Ellis was the starter and the Knicks had 3 seasons of 45, 49 and 50 wins. Not sure I get this knock...

Well, that was a generalization by Yellowboy. If the guy is on a low salary and is a minor role player, he could help with the wins. If he's taking up a lot of the cap, then that's where it's a problem. It's hard to win whenever you overpay. The whole point of the cap is to get as many wins out of each dollar spent as possible.
Bonn1997
Posts: 58188
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
4/19/2017  10:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2017  10:22 AM
The problem is that Rose and Ellis are the classic kind of fool's gold (high scoring volume, nothing else) that is very likely to get some GM to overpay. Probably not a well-run team like San Antonio or GSW but it only takes one GM. He's the kind of player who is unlikely to be available for a bargain. The injury history adds a complication and could make more GMs pass on him though.
crzymdups
Posts: 52015
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/1/2004
Member: #671
USA
4/19/2017  10:24 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:I personally think Rose is a mMLE type player and is simply a bigger version of Monta Ellis. It's hard to win with Ellis/Rose types and if it is hard to win with those types why have them around on a team that is rebuilding with Youth?

Ellis is a great comparison. The main difference is Rose is more of an injury risk.

Yeah, I think this is correct. Ellis has been successfully integrated into the Pacers offense as a supporting player... but they're only a seven seed.

¿ △ ?
martin
Posts: 46159
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/19/2017  11:32 AM
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Hawks: 31m
Boston: 20m
GSW: 24m
Clippers: 42m
Memphis: 29M
OKC: 38m
Toronto: 40m

Teams will have cap space this year.

Just as a further reminder:
Evan Turner is getting 17.5 mm a year for four years.
Mozgov is getting 16mm a year for four years.
We gave Noah 18mm.
Harrison Barnes got a near max deal. Harrison Barnes.
Jeremy Lin is on 12mm
Chandler Parsons? Arron Afflalo? Rondo? Wade? Beal? Clarkson? Do I need to give more?

While I believe Rose isn't worth more more than the vet min here, especially with all the bull**** he has pulled on this team and the dysfunction he has contributed to, I also sadly believe that Rose will get paid this coming FA....handsomely if he wants to just because his name is Derrick Rose.

You have to present this much better. I don't know where you are getting your numbers either. http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/

Example:

                                   
2017-18
DeMar DeRozan $27,739,975
Jonas Valanciunas $15,460,675
DeMarre Carroll $14,800,000
Serge Ibaka
Kyle Lowry
Cory Joseph $7,660,000
Patrick Patterson
P.J. Tucker
Jakob Poeltl $2,825,640
Lucas Nogueira $2,947,305
Bruno Caboclo $2,451,225
Delon Wright $1,645,200
Pascal Siakam $1,249,920
Norman Powell $1,014,746
Fred VanVleet $905,249
$78,699,935

Toronto seems to have $28M of cap BEFORE they need to resign Ibaka, Lowry, Patterson, Tucker, draft pick?

Also, cap holds.


http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/245167/The-Maximum-Available-2017-Cap-Space-for-All-30-NBA-Teams-Version-40

Toronto is one out of 30 teams and doesn't address the fact that the trend of paying guys up to 3 times their value has been on an exponential rise. I agree that given Rose's lack of all round game he isn't worth much and I wouldn't pay him anything to bring him back, but it is beyond laughable for some people to think that a 6mm offer is going to cut it. Hell, Arron Afflalo regressed so much in NY,is inferior to Rose, and offered nothing more than a decent mid range J and he ended up making more money with the Kings.

Dude your numbers from your first post are all wrong. Some should be positive, some should be negative. Your first assertion that teams will have caps space, followed by the list you present, is just wrong. Which column in your link are you referring to?

I looked at the wrong list. My bad. However, that wasn't the basis for my argument and looking back on the right column, my intitial statement wasn't wrong anyway.you still havent addressed my main point though.

I can't get past the mistakes to even remember what your point was lol

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
yellowboy90
Posts: 33873
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/23/2011
Member: #3538

4/19/2017  12:01 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:The problem is that Rose and Ellis are the classic kind of fool's gold (high scoring volume, nothing else) that is very likely to get some GM to overpay. Probably not a well-run team like San Antonio or GSW but it only takes one GM. He's the kind of player who is unlikely to be available for a bargain. The injury history adds a complication and could make more GMs pass on him though.

exactly, I am not a Holiday fan of him getting $8m to stay on this team but he is someone smart teams would go after instead of a Rose or Ellis type. You really have to have other pieces around them to carry the load to support the vast shortcomings.

TPercy
Posts: 24489
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/5/2014
Member: #5748

4/19/2017  7:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2017  7:24 PM
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Hawks: 31m
Boston: 20m
GSW: 24m
Clippers: 42m
Memphis: 29M
OKC: 38m
Toronto: 40m

Teams will have cap space this year.

Just as a further reminder:
Evan Turner is getting 17.5 mm a year for four years.
Mozgov is getting 16mm a year for four years.
We gave Noah 18mm.
Harrison Barnes got a near max deal. Harrison Barnes.
Jeremy Lin is on 12mm
Chandler Parsons? Arron Afflalo? Rondo? Wade? Beal? Clarkson? Do I need to give more?

While I believe Rose isn't worth more more than the vet min here, especially with all the bull**** he has pulled on this team and the dysfunction he has contributed to, I also sadly believe that Rose will get paid this coming FA....handsomely if he wants to just because his name is Derrick Rose.

You have to present this much better. I don't know where you are getting your numbers either. http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/

Example:

                                   
2017-18
DeMar DeRozan $27,739,975
Jonas Valanciunas $15,460,675
DeMarre Carroll $14,800,000
Serge Ibaka
Kyle Lowry
Cory Joseph $7,660,000
Patrick Patterson
P.J. Tucker
Jakob Poeltl $2,825,640
Lucas Nogueira $2,947,305
Bruno Caboclo $2,451,225
Delon Wright $1,645,200
Pascal Siakam $1,249,920
Norman Powell $1,014,746
Fred VanVleet $905,249
$78,699,935

Toronto seems to have $28M of cap BEFORE they need to resign Ibaka, Lowry, Patterson, Tucker, draft pick?

Also, cap holds.


http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/245167/The-Maximum-Available-2017-Cap-Space-for-All-30-NBA-Teams-Version-40

Toronto is one out of 30 teams and doesn't address the fact that the trend of paying guys up to 3 times their value has been on an exponential rise. I agree that given Rose's lack of all round game he isn't worth much and I wouldn't pay him anything to bring him back, but it is beyond laughable for some people to think that a 6mm offer is going to cut it. Hell, Arron Afflalo regressed so much in NY,is inferior to Rose, and offered nothing more than a decent mid range J and he ended up making more money with the Kings.

Dude your numbers from your first post are all wrong. Some should be positive, some should be negative. Your first assertion that teams will have caps space, followed by the list you present, is just wrong. Which column in your link are you referring to?

I looked at the wrong list. My bad. However, that wasn't the basis for my argument and looking back on the right column, my intitial statement wasn't wrong anyway.you still havent addressed my main point though.

I can't get past the mistakes to even remember what your point was lol


Excuse my poor reading skills
The trend of NBA players being paid 3x their value has been on an exponential rise due to expanding cap stupid GMs Based on previous examples, one could easily infer that Rose will get paid lots of dough. I hope we won't be one of those teams.
The Future is Bright!
martin
Posts: 46159
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/19/2017  7:37 PM
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Hawks: 31m
Boston: 20m
GSW: 24m
Clippers: 42m
Memphis: 29M
OKC: 38m
Toronto: 40m

Teams will have cap space this year.

Just as a further reminder:
Evan Turner is getting 17.5 mm a year for four years.
Mozgov is getting 16mm a year for four years.
We gave Noah 18mm.
Harrison Barnes got a near max deal. Harrison Barnes.
Jeremy Lin is on 12mm
Chandler Parsons? Arron Afflalo? Rondo? Wade? Beal? Clarkson? Do I need to give more?

While I believe Rose isn't worth more more than the vet min here, especially with all the bull**** he has pulled on this team and the dysfunction he has contributed to, I also sadly believe that Rose will get paid this coming FA....handsomely if he wants to just because his name is Derrick Rose.

You have to present this much better. I don't know where you are getting your numbers either. http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/

Example:

                                   
2017-18
DeMar DeRozan $27,739,975
Jonas Valanciunas $15,460,675
DeMarre Carroll $14,800,000
Serge Ibaka
Kyle Lowry
Cory Joseph $7,660,000
Patrick Patterson
P.J. Tucker
Jakob Poeltl $2,825,640
Lucas Nogueira $2,947,305
Bruno Caboclo $2,451,225
Delon Wright $1,645,200
Pascal Siakam $1,249,920
Norman Powell $1,014,746
Fred VanVleet $905,249
$78,699,935

Toronto seems to have $28M of cap BEFORE they need to resign Ibaka, Lowry, Patterson, Tucker, draft pick?

Also, cap holds.


http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/245167/The-Maximum-Available-2017-Cap-Space-for-All-30-NBA-Teams-Version-40

Toronto is one out of 30 teams and doesn't address the fact that the trend of paying guys up to 3 times their value has been on an exponential rise. I agree that given Rose's lack of all round game he isn't worth much and I wouldn't pay him anything to bring him back, but it is beyond laughable for some people to think that a 6mm offer is going to cut it. Hell, Arron Afflalo regressed so much in NY,is inferior to Rose, and offered nothing more than a decent mid range J and he ended up making more money with the Kings.

Dude your numbers from your first post are all wrong. Some should be positive, some should be negative. Your first assertion that teams will have caps space, followed by the list you present, is just wrong. Which column in your link are you referring to?

I looked at the wrong list. My bad. However, that wasn't the basis for my argument and looking back on the right column, my intitial statement wasn't wrong anyway.you still havent addressed my main point though.

I can't get past the mistakes to even remember what your point was lol


Excuse my poor reading skills
The trend of NBA players being paid 3x their value has been on an exponential rise due to expanding cap stupid GMs Based on previous examples, one could easily infer that Rose will get paid lots of dough. I hope we won't be one of those teams.

Lots of guys are overpaid, Rose could be next year. But he was injured, again, and really exposed in NY (or perhaps that was just me not knowing he could not pass or really really was awful defender). This was the first offseason that Rose had while not rehabbing but he is back on the injury bandwagon. Teams will be scared. And Playoff teams wont give him much IMHO (cause there are not teams with space and he may not make the playoffs).

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TPercy
Posts: 24489
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/5/2014
Member: #5748

4/19/2017  8:53 PM
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Hawks: 31m
Boston: 20m
GSW: 24m
Clippers: 42m
Memphis: 29M
OKC: 38m
Toronto: 40m

Teams will have cap space this year.

Just as a further reminder:
Evan Turner is getting 17.5 mm a year for four years.
Mozgov is getting 16mm a year for four years.
We gave Noah 18mm.
Harrison Barnes got a near max deal. Harrison Barnes.
Jeremy Lin is on 12mm
Chandler Parsons? Arron Afflalo? Rondo? Wade? Beal? Clarkson? Do I need to give more?

While I believe Rose isn't worth more more than the vet min here, especially with all the bull**** he has pulled on this team and the dysfunction he has contributed to, I also sadly believe that Rose will get paid this coming FA....handsomely if he wants to just because his name is Derrick Rose.

You have to present this much better. I don't know where you are getting your numbers either. http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/

Example:

                                   
2017-18
DeMar DeRozan $27,739,975
Jonas Valanciunas $15,460,675
DeMarre Carroll $14,800,000
Serge Ibaka
Kyle Lowry
Cory Joseph $7,660,000
Patrick Patterson
P.J. Tucker
Jakob Poeltl $2,825,640
Lucas Nogueira $2,947,305
Bruno Caboclo $2,451,225
Delon Wright $1,645,200
Pascal Siakam $1,249,920
Norman Powell $1,014,746
Fred VanVleet $905,249
$78,699,935

Toronto seems to have $28M of cap BEFORE they need to resign Ibaka, Lowry, Patterson, Tucker, draft pick?

Also, cap holds.


http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/245167/The-Maximum-Available-2017-Cap-Space-for-All-30-NBA-Teams-Version-40

Toronto is one out of 30 teams and doesn't address the fact that the trend of paying guys up to 3 times their value has been on an exponential rise. I agree that given Rose's lack of all round game he isn't worth much and I wouldn't pay him anything to bring him back, but it is beyond laughable for some people to think that a 6mm offer is going to cut it. Hell, Arron Afflalo regressed so much in NY,is inferior to Rose, and offered nothing more than a decent mid range J and he ended up making more money with the Kings.

Dude your numbers from your first post are all wrong. Some should be positive, some should be negative. Your first assertion that teams will have caps space, followed by the list you present, is just wrong. Which column in your link are you referring to?

I looked at the wrong list. My bad. However, that wasn't the basis for my argument and looking back on the right column, my intitial statement wasn't wrong anyway.you still havent addressed my main point though.

I can't get past the mistakes to even remember what your point was lol


Excuse my poor reading skills
The trend of NBA players being paid 3x their value has been on an exponential rise due to expanding cap stupid GMs Based on previous examples, one could easily infer that Rose will get paid lots of dough. I hope we won't be one of those teams.

Lots of guys are overpaid, Rose could be next year. But he was injured, again, and really exposed in NY (or perhaps that was just me not knowing he could not pass or really really was awful defender). This was the first offseason that Rose had while not rehabbing but he is back on the injury bandwagon. Teams will be scared. And Playoff teams wont give him much IMHO (cause there are not teams with space and he may not make the playoffs).

How would you quantify "much"?
We talking 4-6mm? 7-12mmm 13-18mm? Or more?

I agree with you that Teams will be scared, but you know what teams will also be? Stupid. And we as Knicks fans know that we can't assume a logical FA thought process for every single GM.

The Future is Bright!
What would it mean to you if Phil re-signed Rose?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.