[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Phil's press conference
Author Thread
ESOMKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6064

4/26/2017  6:38 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Clippers on brink.
Wonder if CP3 is interested in change and if so, where.

I for one would not mind if the Knicks took the risk of signing CP3 for 5 years and going at it once again with Melo still in the fold. True that this could backfire severely, but it's the type of brinkmanship that i would enjoy to see.

But this is where having Noah's massive contract will probably put us out of contention, as our free cap room once we renounce Rose is just short of the max we could offer CP3 without losing valuable players.

AUTOADVERT
ESOMKnicks

4/26/2017  9:08 AM
Or if Wade drops his player option, sign him for whatever cap space we have and bring back Rose under the Bird rule. With Melo still in the fold, Monk off the bench, and once Noah comes back, it will be a crazy bunch of guys. Phil, KP and the fans will have plenty of excitement next several seasons.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/26/2017  9:18 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:

I for one would not mind if the Knicks took the risk of signing CP3 for 5 years and going at it once again with Melo still in the fold. True that this could backfire severely, but it's the type of brinkmanship that i would enjoy to see.

But this is where having Noah's massive contract will probably put us out of contention, as our free cap room once we renounce Rose is just short of the max we could offer CP3 without losing valuable players.

No way Paul comes here to play for Dolan and Phil... Paul is apart of the banana boat along with Melo.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/26/2017  9:21 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:

Who on this roster has any real Value other than KP and Maybe Willy..I just know a stupid trade is coming

ES
ESOMKnicks

4/26/2017  9:23 AM
Although how does the Bird exception work? Does it allow us to sign an expensive FA and then go over the cap in signing Rose? Or do we need to choose between Rose and a new FA?
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

4/26/2017  9:52 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:Although how does the Bird exception work? Does it allow us to sign an expensive FA and then go over the cap in signing Rose? Or do we need to choose between Rose and a new FA?

As is, if we keep Rose we will not likely have more than the MLE left to work with, which is quite high at 8.5M per year.
We can not go out and say sign Hayward or any 20million+ a year and also keep Rose. Rose will get atleast 15$M per year in free agency, in my opinion.

So say we want to keep Rose and do something in free agency, most we could do is use the MLE which is a free agent that is signing for 8.5M a year.

Phil's press conference

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy