[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Last TankThread: Who is the better Tank Commander, Knicks or Sixers?
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

4/12/2017  10:50 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:What happens when we lose the coin flip and pick 7th and just miss out on a Fox, Smith or Monk who are picked right before us like Curry was? This is how potentially stupid this win could be.

The Curry draft is to NY tanking like the Vietnam War is to the U.S. staying out of wars where the homeland is not threatened...We will go back to that Curry draft whenever we are in this type of situation.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/12/2017  10:52 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
magicTs wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Do we really have such an ignorant fan base to cheer at the Garden down the stretch for the win? I refuse to believe this. Aren't we supposed to be the most sophisticated and educated fans in the league? Apparently not. Their reactions insulted me as a Knick fan.

These days a huge % of the MSG crowd for Knicks games is tourists. You only need go to a couple of games to see that. Most genuine Knicks fans have long since chucked paying the exorbitant prices to watch the crap in offer. Many New Yorkers who do attend do it as some sort of Broadway night out with little care for what we look like next season or 3 seasons from now. Just another depressing aspect of what that c u next Tuesday Dolan has done to this historic franchise. We should have tanked about a month ago but instead have won retarded games against Chicago and Miami and against the teams competing against us for the high draft pick. I'm ****ing done with the stupidity of the *******s running this franchise. They simply have no clue and we will continue to be a shameful embarrassment until they depart. And breathe........

Good point. I refuse to associate myself with Knick fans like that. And what was even worse is you had homer Breen complimenting them about this on the air

Yeah, but he also commented a number of times about whether they should be happy about winning the game. I got the feeling he wondered about their priorities.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
holfresh
Member: #1081

4/12/2017  11:47 PM
Fans chanting we want Melo at the garden might just embolden him...Going to be an interesting off season...
magicTs
Member: #5564

4/12/2017  11:58 PM
holfresh wrote:Fans chanting we want Melo at the garden might just embolden him...Going to be an interesting off season...

Yeah I'm sure he will be moved by the thousands of tourist Knicks 'fans' in the Garden tonight. From his extremely sarcastic comments post gamer a divorce is happening and it can't come soon enough for all concerned.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/13/2017  3:01 AM
Moonangie wrote:Fucking morons

Ha, exactly what I was about to post. Absolute ****ing morons, and completely what I expected. Back when I saw we had 2 games vs the sixers and 2 games vs the magic I knew we would go for the wins. We could have finished 4th this draft, but are too idiotic

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/13/2017  3:04 AM
Chandler wrote:Because I'm an incurable optimist I'm hoping the power of karma (trying to win. Playing melo. Cheering for him. Young players like baker ndour randle cherishing the moment) will outweigh an extra ping pong ball

Because its worked so good in the past- Steph Curry draft, 2015 when we let the twolves overtake us and they ended up with the 1st and we fell to 4th. Karma is not our friend.

Chandler
Member: #6197

4/13/2017  7:51 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Chandler wrote:Because I'm an incurable optimist I'm hoping the power of karma (trying to win. Playing melo. Cheering for him. Young players like baker ndour randle cherishing the moment) will outweigh an extra ping pong ball

Because its worked so good in the past- Steph Curry draft, 2015 when we let the twolves overtake us and they ended up with the 1st and we fell to 4th. Karma is not our friend.

Hey I admitted I was incurable.

Re curry I am very confused why that story gets repeated as such. I have a vivid memory that he team had a boner over Rubio. Not sure the team would have had the nads to pick curry (and as an aside the criticisms of curry at the time sound like monk's now)

Also there was some karma with KP. Philly and the lakers picked much worse players than KP. We ended up great and no complaints w that

(5)(5)
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/13/2017  1:49 PM
smackeddog wrote:

yea but Curry wasnt the last good player on the board. If he was you would be 100% right. At some point there is a cut off in talent. However we simply picked wrong taking Hill over Derozan.

Listen.. I get that every pick that you are lower its one less player that is an option. That being said there will be excellent options at 6-7-8. We just need to take the right player.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/13/2017  2:13 PM
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

yea but Curry wasnt the last good player on the board. If he was you would be 100% right. At some point there is a cut off in talent. However we simply picked wrong taking Hill over Derozan.

Listen.. I get that every pick that you are lower its one less player that is an option. That being said there will be excellent options at 6-7-8. We just need to take the right player.

exactly there has been a ton of legitimate allstar (even superstar) talent picked lower than this in less stacked drafts. Kawhi, Pierce, M.Gasol, Dray, Klay, I.Thomas, Whiteside, George, Butler. D.Jordan and on and on

There are a number of organizations out there that know talent and many who are just guessing (and who are usually high in the draft to begin with). I am optimistic we've entered the latter category

(5)(5)
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
4/13/2017  2:34 PM
If we can luck into Fox or end up with Frank I'll be a happy camper.
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
4/13/2017  4:20 PM
I don't know if this will make anybody feel better but the lakers very well could wind up with NO draft pick due i a 5 game winning streak. How's that for maddening?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/13/2017  4:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/13/2017  4:27 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:What happens when we lose the coin flip and pick 7th and just miss out on a Fox, Smith or Monk who are picked right before us like Curry was? This is how potentially stupid this win could be.

The Curry draft is to NY tanking like the Vietnam War is to the U.S. staying out of wars where the homeland is not threatened...We will go back to that Curry draft whenever we are in this type of situation.

Haha! I actually laughed out loud at that one.

¿ △ ?
Last TankThread: Who is the better Tank Commander, Knicks or Sixers?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy