[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: Ali had frazier but first beat Liston, Knicks need to tank and not beat Piston!!!
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

3/27/2017  9:51 PM
crzymdups wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:It's games like this is why I once wanted Knicks to look at keeping Rose
They just won't get a better player in free agency

But I still don't see him ever playing like tonight on a consistent basis

Why not try to gain some continuity? I dunno, I go back and forth. I can see both sides.

Continuity is fine but it has to be the right type. You cant wait for game 73 and say Rose is moving the ball lets give him a big contract. tahst the reason why we have been in such a mess since 2000

Isn't this the way the team was playing in December before Phil started publicly trashing Melo? Then they had some injuries, some close loses, lost confidence, etc.

Continuity and team play isn't something that happens overnight in the NBA. I dunno... like I said, I go back and forth and can see both sides. Obviously, we're never winning a championship with Melo and Rose as our featured offensive players.

Look I'm not saying you are wrong. But lets be honest Rose is gonna want a big contract now I don't know if he will end up getting one but we will see(It could be a similar situation to Rondo). I just don't think he fits especially since we are rebuilding. Yes he is great at driving to the hoop but his flaws outweigh that IMO. Like I said a 1 year deal I could live with but giving him a big contract is just asking for trouble
AUTOADVERT
ScoreBot
3/27/2017  9:52 PM
FINAL
NYK 109 DET 95
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

3/27/2017  9:52 PM
Drummond, Harris, Morrris, and Pope. What a dissapointment. JVG having issues, once again.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/27/2017  9:53 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Our starters are shooting 27-41!!!! dammit. Time for some strategic tankery.

Still think Triangle or the system is the problem?
We just need to move the ball
Melo came with a passing mindset early as did Rose
All game we have moved the ball exceptionally well

Just a shame they rarely play with this mentality

So I guess Melo isn't the problem anymore either, huh?

I think we've said from day one that if Melo gets back to being DadMelo that it's a much different story. Rose has been much more in the flow of the offense lately too. Ball Movement and some effort on D is all we've been asking for.

I thought they were selfish, terrible pieces of trash and this whole season was their fault and the franchise was doomed until they left?

This only shows what has been obvious from day 1
KP needed Rose and Melo to play like this all the time
Doesn't matter system or anything

Melo n Rose their mentality has not been like this most of the season

And KP has not played this much within 20 feet, all year.

GEEZ can we stop already with the nonsense. Melo and Rose were not doing what they should be for the majority of the season. No one is making this up it's quite clear with statistics and the EYEBALL TEST. It's how they should've played since day one. Doesn't matter if it's PnR or Triangle or both. It's about Ball Movement.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/27/2017  9:53 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Our starters are shooting 27-41!!!! dammit. Time for some strategic tankery.

I think we've said from day one that if Melo gets back to being DadMelo that it's a much different story. Rose has been much more in the flow of the offense lately too. Ball Movement and some effort on D is all we've been asking for.

I thought they were selfish, terrible pieces of trash and this whole season was their fault and the franchise was doomed until they left?

KP is the factor for our success - when he is efficient on the offensive end, we're competitive. When he bricks shots, we're off.

Also, not sure that I would credit this win to us winning. Detroit lost this game as much as we won.

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/27/2017  9:54 PM
nixluva wrote:As much as it's encouraging to see Rose playing better I think it might be smarter to go with younger CHEAPER players that can do similar things and maybe more D and 3pt Shooting. I don't know if it makes sense to invest in Rose at this point. If they did bring him back on a reasonable contract I would not be upset. He's been steadily getting better which has to be noted.

who's penetrating and finish around the rim like him for cheaper, please let me see that list

ES
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/27/2017  9:54 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:It's games like this is why I once wanted Knicks to look at keeping Rose

Why not try to gain some continuity? I dunno, I go back and forth. I can see both sides.

Continuity is fine but it has to be the right type. You cant wait for game 73 and say Rose is moving the ball lets give him a big contract. tahst the reason why we have been in such a mess since 2000

Isn't this the way the team was playing in December before Phil started publicly trashing Melo? Then they had some injuries, some close loses, lost confidence, etc.

Continuity and team play isn't something that happens overnight in the NBA. I dunno... like I said, I go back and forth and can see both sides. Obviously, we're never winning a championship with Melo and Rose as our featured offensive players.

Look I'm not saying you are wrong. But lets be honest Rose is gonna want a big contract now I don't know if he will end up getting one but we will see(It could be a similar situation to Rondo). I just don't think he fits especially since we are rebuilding. Yes he is great at driving to the hoop but his flaws outweigh that IMO. Like I said a 1 year deal I could live with but giving him a big contract is just asking for trouble

But let's be real - what team in the league will give Rose a big deal?

Just playing devil's advocate - an idea I'm not sure I love - but what if we say "Derrick, we'd love to have you back. Obviously as you saw this season, our team needs more. This is the best we can offer you. We would love to have you back at this number. If you want more, we understand." I don't know what that number is... 3yr $60m? I have no idea. But I'd be open to it. I don't want to do 5 years and I certainly would not touch a max... but I think I'd do 3yr $60M.

¿ △ ?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/27/2017  9:55 PM
Still comes down to ping pong balls in the end, so it was nice to see the ball move so well, to see everyone work together for the win. I would be disappointed if the future core of this team just phoned it in.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/27/2017  9:55 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:As much as it's encouraging to see Rose playing better I think it might be smarter to go with younger CHEAPER players that can do similar things and maybe more D and 3pt Shooting. I don't know if it makes sense to invest in Rose at this point. If they did bring him back on a reasonable contract I would not be upset. He's been steadily getting better which has to be noted.

who's penetrating and finish around the rim like him for cheaper, please let me see that list

Nobody has argued his ability getting the the hoops...its the other things he struggles with
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/27/2017  9:57 PM
crzymdups wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

But let's be real - what team in the league will give Rose a big deal?

Just playing devil's advocate - an idea I'm not sure I love - but what if we say "Derrick, we'd love to have you back. Obviously as you saw this season, our team needs more. This is the best we can offer you. We would love to have you back at this number. If you want more, we understand." I don't know what that number is... 3yr $60m? I have no idea. But I'd be open to it. I don't want to do 5 years and I certainly would not touch a max... but I think I'd do 3yr $60M.

And we have to be disciplined that we 1. don't bid against ourselves and 2. are committed enough to our decision and ready to move on without him.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/27/2017  9:58 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Drummond, Harris, Morrris, and Pope. What a dissapointment. JVG having issues, once again.

On radio before the game he was talking about how poorly the team was shooting...was at a loss to explain to explain the breakdown of what he thought was a well-balanced team re scoring.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
USA
3/27/2017  10:01 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Nobody has argued his ability getting the the hoops...its the other things he struggles with

Yes and if we could get a younger player who can DEFEND, PASS and still get to the rim then that's better for the team. It might still happen depending on the draft. We might draft a young PG and still keep Rose.

Also no one has to challenge me on what Rose can do in terms of driving cuz I was one of his biggest supporters before the season. I just wanted to see him defend better, pass the ball more and play within the offense more. He's been starting to do more of that late in the season. Is it enough to warrant committing to him?

crzymdups
USA
3/27/2017  10:05 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Yes and if we could get a younger player who can DEFEND, PASS and still get to the rim then that's better for the team. It might still happen depending on the draft. We might draft a young PG and still keep Rose.

Also no one has to challenge me on what Rose can do in terms of driving cuz I was one of his biggest supporters before the season. I just wanted to see him defend better, pass the ball more and play within the offense more. He's been starting to do more of that late in the season. Is it enough to warrant committing to him?

You completely threw Melo and Rose under the bus and fully placed the blame for the entire season on them. I argued against this many times and you ALL CAPS screamed at me that it was all their fault.

¿ △ ?
HofstraBBall

3/27/2017  10:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2017  10:07 PM
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

GEEZ can we stop already with the nonsense. Melo and Rose were not doing what they should be for the majority of the season. No one is making this up it's quite clear with statistics and the EYEBALL TEST. It's how they should've played since day one. Doesn't matter if it's PnR or Triangle or both. It's about Ball Movement.

You and your non sense. You claim to know a lot but I dont think you realize actual playing situations or have any playing experience. If you Iso a player and everyone stands around, what do you expect to happen? Specially if no double team comes. Is that only on the player? Not saying that Melo does not have lapses where he gets tunnel vision. Just saying that movement off the ball and cutting bigs promote passing. Since Willy has played more minutes, he has brought in a consistant cutter to basket. Rolo did it last year. KP did it much better tonight. Your "eye test" should have already established that he hovered the 3 pt. line way too often, most of the year. Much easier to want to pass to cutters than guys standing at 3 pt. line. As for Rose, not a fan, but we see today how they ran the PnR with Willy and KO cutting to basket. He passed it. Earlier in the year the PnR with him was more like Pick and Pop.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/27/2017  10:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2017  10:14 PM
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

I don't know since they are Knick fans if either has ever seen a good team with star veterans on it the last 15 years so our memories suck. Maybe Kidd? But he wasn't a star when he came to us. I followed Boston and Miami quite a bit during their runs. The veteran stars are what make or break your team. In our situation, two veteran stars got together and completely played selfish ball most of the season. Rose was a piece of crap for what he did with the AWOL thing, Melo with his whole butt hurt mentality that Phil said the most honest thing. Phil didn't trash Melo. Phil actually complimented Melo by saying "He can play same role Kobe and Jordan did". He told Lisa Leslie that Melo breaks a rule they like to have to pass the ball within 2 seconds. That's not some big hit piece. The hit pieces and jabs came after Melo began to play right in to the media's hands with that story and act as if Phil was taking some big shot at him. Once the team began losing, Phil did step out of line and tweet that Ding article. That was uncalled for and so was Rosen's piece (but Rosen does say many things Phil disagrees with).

I fully believ that had Melo and Rose made ths same sacrifices in their games and playing style that Lebron/Wade did or KG/Pierce did when they got together the Knicks are 8 to 10 wins better right now. However I am in hindsight happy. Rose would have gotten a big fat 100-120$M contract from us. Melo becomes even more invested in the Knicks doing more in the now moves.

Now we're going to rebiuild. Top 6 lottery pick most likely. Maybe at lowest 7th, highest maybe 4th. We're going to do the things we've needed to do for a while.

And yet another outstanding game by Willy and KP. The opposing team's commenatore were in awe of how good those two were and we have a good portion of our fanbase that still clings onto Rose and Melo for dear life. As if the Marbury Francis Amare years of misery weren't enough. Enough with his ego declining overpaid vets. Rebuild. KP and Willy is a GREAT start.

crzymdups
USA
3/27/2017  10:08 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

You and your non sense. You claim to know a lot but I dont think you realize actual playing situations or have any playing experience. If you Iso a player and everyone stands around, what do you expect to happen? Specially if no double team comes. Is that only on the player? Not saying that Melo does not have lapses where he gets tunnel vision. Just saying that movement off the ball and cutting bigs promote passing. Since Willy has played more minutes, he has brought in a consistant cutter to basket. Rolo did it last year. KP did it much better tonight. Your "eye test" should have already established that he hovered the 3 pt. line way too often, most of the year. Much easier to want to pass to cutters than guys standing at 3 pt. line. As for Rose, not a fan, but we see today how they ran the PnR with Willy and KO cutting to basket. He passed it. Earlier in the year the PnR with hom was more like Pick and Pop.

Amen. Apparently earlier in the season Melo and Rose were using their psychic powers to make guys on the team not understand the offense or move off the ball.

¿ △ ?
HofstraBBall

3/27/2017  10:11 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

I don't know since they are Knick fans if either has ever seen a good team with star veterans on it. I followed Boston and Miami quite a bit during their runs. The veteran stars are what make or break your team. In our situation, two veteran stars got together and completely played selfish ball most of the season. Rose was a piece of crap for what he did with the AWOL thing, Melo with his whole butt hurt mentality that Phil said the most honest thing. Phil didn't trash Melo. Phil actually complimented Melo by saying "He can play same role Kobe and Jordan did". He told Lisa Leslie that Melo breaks a rule they like to have to pass the ball within 2 seconds. That's not some big hit piece. The hit pieces and jabs came after Melo began to play right in to the media's hands with that story and act as if Phil was taking some big shot at him. Once the team began losing, Phil did step out of line and tweet that Ding article. That was uncalled for and so was Rosen's piece (but Rosen does say many things Phil disagrees with).

I fully believ that had Melo and Rose made ths same sacrifices in their games and playing style that Lebron/Wade did or KG/Pierce did when they got together the Knicks are 8 to 10 wins better right now. However I am in hindsight happy. Rose would have gotten a big fat 100-120$M contract from us. Melo becomes even more invested in the Knicks doing more in the now moves.

Now we're going to rebiuild. Top 6 lottery pick most likely. Maybe at lowest 7th, highest maybe 4th. We're going to do the things we've needed to do for a while.

And yet another outstanding game by Willy and KP. The opposing team's commenatore were in awe of how good those two were and we have a good portion of our fanbase that still clings onto Rose and Melo for dear life. As if the Marbury Francis Amare years of misery weren't enough. Enough with his ego declining overpaid vets. Rebuild. KP and Willy is a GREAT start.

Wait...so your not a life long Knick fan? You followed Boston and Miami? You mean you rooted for them? And which team in Boston had the likes of Claderon, LT, AA, Rolo and won a chip? Miami? Wade and Shaq or the Big three?

Your SUSPECT!

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/27/2017  10:13 PM
Willy looked better than Andre Drummond.
KP was our best player tonight, even though Rose/Melo also played fantastic. I thought KP's defense in this game is the bar they should set for him. Next year I want Horny to bench KP if he plays stupid or weak D. He has to play like tonight on a regualr basis defensive awareness and focus wise.

I hate we won the game from the tank perspective but it's not a good sign when your two best young players play well and you lose. You want to win those games to show them that effort and level gets it done so they need to repeat that level and master it.

I just hope we don't drop lower than 7. Up until 7, lots of point guards in this draft.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/27/2017  10:13 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

I don't know since they are Knick fans if either has ever seen a good team with star veterans on it. I followed Boston and Miami quite a bit during their runs. The veteran stars are what make or break your team. In our situation, two veteran stars got together and completely played selfish ball most of the season. Rose was a piece of crap for what he did with the AWOL thing, Melo with his whole butt hurt mentality that Phil said the most honest thing. Phil didn't trash Melo. Phil actually complimented Melo by saying "He can play same role Kobe and Jordan did". He told Lisa Leslie that Melo breaks a rule they like to have to pass the ball within 2 seconds. That's not some big hit piece. The hit pieces and jabs came after Melo began to play right in to the media's hands with that story and act as if Phil was taking some big shot at him. Once the team began losing, Phil did step out of line and tweet that Ding article. That was uncalled for and so was Rosen's piece (but Rosen does say many things Phil disagrees with).

This is an odd thing to post in a Knick forum that has community members that have been posting here for over a decade.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
3/27/2017  10:21 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You completely threw Melo and Rose under the bus and fully placed the blame for the entire season on them. I argued against this many times and you ALL CAPS screamed at me that it was all their fault.

Again this is CRYSTAL F'N CLEAR! Teams can't win if the best players aren't playing winning ball and especially teams with young players. Melo and Rose STUNK at the Team part of the game on both ends!!! Don't come pounding your chest cuz they finally start doing what they should after it no longer matters! This is some BS!

Game thread: Ali had frazier but first beat Liston, Knicks need to tank and not beat Piston!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy