[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Willy G might be better than KP
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/25/2017  11:19 PM
I'm not sure how this team will formulate-- but Willy keeps his game simple and is effective at it

Maybe it's KP who might need the Kevin Mchale type 6 th man role for a couple of years. We will need some change next year-- both of these guys are part of the future-- but chemistry needs work and everyone has to buy in on that

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

3/25/2017  11:30 PM
STOP IT! LOL
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
3/25/2017  11:35 PM
I'm actually not concerned with KP and Willy. I've seen enough from both to believe they can and will continue to improve and learn how to play better. It's a process with them. KP because he was so skinny had to play more of a perimeter game most of his young career and that set him back in terms of learning how to play like a normal big man. Now he's got to work on all of those things and add them to his game. Not to mention getting stronger, but just imagine what KP will be like when he finally puts all of that together!

I like when KP takes those nice shots close to the basket. He's actually pretty accurate within 10 feet. He rarely misses those short jumpers.

Knicks67
Member: #6370

3/25/2017  11:38 PM
It's not who is better than the other, it is that they are playing good basketball and each having their flashes.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/25/2017  11:38 PM
Lol briggs just stop. Stop making threads judging 1 game at a time. Your credibility gets killed with each of these threads. There's no one thinking willy is better than KP that knows anything about basketbsll.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/26/2017  12:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2017  12:00 AM
Briggs you really need to chill it with these threads. The good news is that we have two talented bigs. Tonight willy was great and KP struggled with foul trouble. That doesnt mean we just just discard KP. Odds are KP will still be better overall BUT if Willy is on the same level then thats great news for us
mendoza1906
Member: #6464

3/26/2017  12:08 AM
no one believes in development now a days ( sigh ) 🙄
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/26/2017  12:10 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I'm not sure how this team will formulate-- but Willy keeps his game simple and is effective at it

Maybe it's KP who might need the Kevin Mchale type 6 th man role for a couple of years. We will need some change next year-- both of these guys are part of the future-- but chemistry needs work and everyone has to buy in on that

I think KP is the star of the two. But in regards to line ups KP might be better suited coming off the bench. The goal is team success. The line up needs balance. If Melo is back ( up to him) a frontline of KP, Willy and Melo will get crushed on defense. Also, KP's foul issues and rebounding issues might be less of an issue coming off the bench. It isn't an outrageous suggestion if you want team success.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
3/26/2017  12:18 AM
Willy is certainly playing better than KP, I think that's pretty clear.
wargames
Member: #6053

3/26/2017  1:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2017  1:02 AM
Knicks67 wrote:It's not who is better than the other, it is that they are playing good basketball and each having their flashes.

Exactly, you got to hope next season or even the one after that they would be a force as a front court.

You guys are way to fickly, KP got into foul trouble early and that just affected his game

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/26/2017  1:04 AM
You have to look at things reasonably objective.
There are fans and maybe even some management who need to force feed KP as the next star.
Maybe he will be but objective opinion #1 is we don't play good defense with Willy G and KP on the floor at the same time. We want both guy to get 30 minutes but can't they be split up to minimize the two being together-- especially to start game ? what exactly is wrong working with Willy as a staring 5 and bring Kp in at minute 6? It certainly helped the Celtics win multi championships. My hope is we can start "winning" more next year. If we want to win we need attitude floor balance and chemistry adjustment
RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/26/2017  2:30 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I'm not sure how this team will formulate-- but Willy keeps his game simple and is effective at it

I think KP is the star of the two. But in regards to line ups KP might be better suited coming off the bench. The goal is team success. The line up needs balance. If Melo is back ( up to him) a frontline of KP, Willy and Melo will get crushed on defense. Also, KP's foul issues and rebounding issues might be less of an issue coming off the bench. It isn't an outrageous suggestion if you want team success.

KP should NOT come off the bench. Let the young man play and take his bumps and bruises. He's gotta learn how to manage his minutes as a starter.

I think you're projecting as if KP and Willy will continue to play as they do now and that's probably not going to be the case. They will get stronger and more knowledgeable about the game. There's likely to be no reason to bring KP off the bench. I almost laugh every time someone says this. PATIENCE...

Just look at how Wall and Beal play now compared to how they started. Or DeRozan. Players need time to mature and they need to play thru it.

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/26/2017  3:44 AM
Seems like only yesterday you were saying Willy was just a backup...

The reason why Willy gets such praise is he is in his first year of the Knick fan cycle- first year players are heralded as gods, then in the second year when they can't live up to go status, they are relegated to 'trash' and attacked for their flaws (like you're doing with KP now). After calling for them to be traded, they are traded, then the same fans lament us getting rid of them 1 to 2 seasons later when they show themselves to be worthwhile contributors.

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/26/2017  3:46 AM
Knixkik wrote:Lol briggs just stop. Stop making threads judging 1 game at a time. Your credibility gets killed with each of these threads. There's no one thinking willy is better than KP that knows anything about basketbsll.

Remember this for earlier in the week?!:

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=56142

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/26/2017  6:16 AM
Both guys are still learning how to instill their will into a game. They both are team players. They are essentially the Gasol brothers. They need good mentoring. This summer is critical for both guys to really find their balls. They have to take the initiative. That's something that has to grow in them. That's about it. They will get better but they need that nasty if we want to succeed with them
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Kemet
Member: #6148

3/26/2017  6:36 AM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

KP should NOT come off the bench. Let the young man play and take his bumps and bruises. He's gotta learn how to manage his minutes as a starter.

I think you're projecting as if KP and Willy will continue to play as they do now and that's probably not going to be the case. They will get stronger and more knowledgeable about the game. There's likely to be no reason to bring KP off the bench. I almost laugh every time someone says this. PATIENCE...

Just look at how Wall and Beal play now compared to how they started. Or DeRozan. Players need time to mature and they need to play thru it.

If the Knicks wanna win next season then KP should come off the bench .. KP has not develop enough moves to be a starter or a 30 minute player in the NBA. Putting KP in the starter lineup in his rookie season were not the Knicks head-coach (Fisher) move, the move came from upstairs management office (Phil Jackson) to prove the 7.3 skinny kid from overseas were not another high draft pick BUST, after all the Boos KP receive on draft night in MSG when the Knicks selected him with the 4th pick.
Kyle O'Quinn prove consistently throughout the start of the 2015-16 season, Quinn should have been the PF alongside center Lopez in the Knicks starter frontcourt lineup.
It was obvious to see in the 2016-17 Knicks preseason games rookie Willie G had more skill-setting experience down-low in the paint than what KP showed throughout his rookie season.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/26/2017  8:16 AM
Borderline trolling.

Willy is a fabntastic scorer in the paint. He takes high percentage shots and is good at rolling. Almost all his shots are high percentage close to the basket. He gets set up very well. That's his game, true Center game.

KP is a shooting guard/wing, he operates on the perimeter. Comes off curls, moes off the ball to spot up, posts up on smallers on switches, drives, drives and kicks.

Completely different players who completely differet things.

Willy is 22, and closer to maximizing his skill while KP is 21 and more raw. KP is still learning how to use his body, what is a good shot and what is a bad shot. There's much more depth to KP's game. On contrast, there's a great simplicity about Willy's game.

KP is becoming an isolation scorer now, he's trying to evolve into a creative scorer in 1 on 1 situatins. That is the lowest percentage type of scoring. Then he struggles with fouls. Yesterday was a disasterous games. But he still shows great skill and is the one playing the tougher role. He's stepping in the Melo role right now. Willy's job is the paint and close to the basket.

Knixkik
USA
3/26/2017  8:54 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Lol briggs just stop. Stop making threads judging 1 game at a time. Your credibility gets killed with each of these threads. There's no one thinking willy is better than KP that knows anything about basketbsll.

Remember this for earlier in the week?!:

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=56142

Yes it's ridiculous. Literally earlier yesterday he was saying willy isn't a starter. Never seen someone who puts so much stock in each game. If willy has a bad game soon, we will see another thread about how he isn't a starter in this league.

At the very least I'm impressed with Willy. I am hoping he can prove me wrong and become a high level starting big man. I figured he was better suited off the bench but I hope I'm wrong and KP and Willy eventually become an unstoppable front court.

Knixkik
USA
3/26/2017  8:59 AM
Kemet wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

If the Knicks wanna win next season then KP should come off the bench .. KP has not develop enough moves to be a starter or a 30 minute player in the NBA. Putting KP in the starter lineup in his rookie season were not the Knicks head-coach (Fisher) move, the move came from upstairs management office (Phil Jackson) to prove the 7.3 skinny kid from overseas were not another high draft pick BUST, after all the Boos KP receive on draft night in MSG when the Knicks selected him with the 4th pick.
Kyle O'Quinn prove consistently throughout the start of the 2015-16 season, Quinn should have been the PF alongside center Lopez in the Knicks starter frontcourt lineup.
It was obvious to see in the 2016-17 Knicks preseason games rookie Willie G had more skill-setting experience down-low in the paint than what KP showed throughout his rookie season.

Couldn't be more inaccurate. KP started as a rookie because he was our 2nd best player. Nothing political about that move whatsoever. No team in the nba would ever bring KP off the bench. It's not even plausible. He will be developed as a go-to player, like any team would do. And you need to have patience and let him figure it out, even though you're a knicks fan and I know that's difficult.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/26/2017  9:11 AM
perhaps this can help those with "Short attention span" problems.....

Briggs, your losing cred.

Willy G might be better than KP

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy