Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/25/2017  6:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/25/2017  9:11 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:In other words after 3 years we don't have much

That's what happens if you only have your own draft pick one of those three years- you can't conjure top tier talent out of thin air.

Ah the great Clarence Gains has had many chances in the 2 nd rd and undrafted. He saw more in willy G than nokola jokic among some other whiffs. It's easier to not **** up the 4 th pick but you should earn your money After pick 20. I'm still a willy fan he will be an excellent third big who can start given who is at Pf. I just don't like the starting combo of willy and kp. We have another 2-3 picks after our lottery pick-- I would say Mr Gaines job has to be on the line this year

The hit rate with second rounders and undrafted players is low- can you remember who you wanted to draft last year in the second round? Or the year before that?

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/25/2017  9:45 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

That's what happens if you only have your own draft pick one of those three years- you can't conjure top tier talent out of thin air.

Ah the great Clarence Gains has had many chances in the 2 nd rd and undrafted. He saw more in willy G than nokola jokic among some other whiffs. It's easier to not **** up the 4 th pick but you should earn your money After pick 20. I'm still a willy fan he will be an excellent third big who can start given who is at Pf. I just don't like the starting combo of willy and kp. We have another 2-3 picks after our lottery pick-- I would say Mr Gaines job has to be on the line this year

Seems like you are just basing this solely on his missing jokic.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/25/2017  10:08 AM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Seems like you are just basing this solely on his missing jokic.

It's such BS!!! Probably the hardest thing to do is evaluate 2nd rd talent and get a keeper! We did well with Willy and he still has great upside. Denver really got an amazing player but it clearly wasn't obvious Jokic would be this good.

reub
Member: #6227

3/25/2017  10:56 AM
Briggs, everybody passed on Jokic. That doesn't mean that Willy wasn't a terrific 2nd round find, because he was. I think that Rosen was a little bit too hard on him, he is getting some blocks so he's not a complete zero with his defense. And although he needs to box out better he is still a terrific rebounder. Rosen saw him in one of his worst games against a really huge guy in Nurcic.
90sKnicks
Member: #6452

3/25/2017  10:57 AM
It's always interesting to hear from Rosen since we know that we actually are hearing from Phil. It sounds like Kuz will be gone which i'm fine with. I wonder if we can trade our Rockets 2nd rounder and Kuz for their 2nd rounder (which will be the 2nd or 3rd pick of the 2nd round). That would be a good deal in my opinion.

Also, it sounds like Hernangomez may not be part of the future of the Knicks. Maybe i'm dreaming here, but if that's the case any chance we can trade him for a lottery pick. Since Sacramento has two lottery picks, do you think they would trade the lower pick for Willy since he's on a friendly contract? I like Willy and don't think we should be looking to trade him, but if a deal like that is on the table then i'd take it.

reub
Member: #6227

3/25/2017  11:53 AM
I think that Willy stays. He really has had a good season for a rookie and he and KP are good friends. He's also friends with Doncic although I don't think that can help us.
Charley Rosen:'Evaluating the Youngsters in Portland'

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy