[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

TankThread: Knicks @ Portland
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/24/2017  12:15 AM
Boy, once Chasson pissed off Lillard it's become the Dame Show.
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/24/2017  12:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/24/2017  12:19 AM
Good effort. Some of the best ball movement Ive seen all season. You take Melo and Rose out, two ball dominant players, and the ball moves a lot better. They definitely both bring something to the table when they're playing, but ball movement isn't it.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/24/2017  1:18 AM
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:I have a hard time seeing any team in the league outside of the contenders, take 2 of their top 3 scorers out, 2 of them making 50M combined, and also their best defensive big at 18M, start 3 rookies and 1 sophmore and expect win games like this on a 2nd night of a back to back.

The agendas here never stop.

It's a process. You wanted tanking. You want a great pick. This is it. You won't get player development if you don't let players actually play. And you need to spend the money you use on Rose and Melo on better starters. No one ever said Kuz and Baker are our starters. We need to get 2 new starters next year, maybe 3, around KP/Willy and guys that are starting right now with KP/Willy need to be coming off the bench. Guys coming off the bench in this game, need to be the 3rd string, 9th/10th man types.

Too many agendas on this board right now.

Please, man. I have no agenda. Nixluva has been screaming at me how Rose and Melo have been holding back the offense and the defense all week. Where is he now?

I was actually curious to watch tonight to see how the kids looked. It's not been pretty. They need a lot more talent, especially if they're planning to let Rose go for nothing and trade Melo for Austin Rivers. We'll win 15 games next season.

WOW this is what you think we meant when we talk about Melo and Rose screwing up the offense??? You are truly F'n clueless. The idea is not to play with less talent and somehow miraculously be better! The idea to F'n REPLACE Melo and Rose with LEAD TALENT that also plays TEAM BALL and DEFENDS. WTF did you think we were talking about???

We want BETTER TEAM PLAYERS to take the PG and SF spot for this team and hopefully we can draft that talent. Tell us who was suggesting the team would be better by not filling the Lead roles that Melo and Rose are supposed to have? REPLACE them!!! Not just subtract them.

crzymdups
USA
3/24/2017  12:00 PM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:I have a hard time seeing any team in the league outside of the contenders, take 2 of their top 3 scorers out, 2 of them making 50M combined, and also their best defensive big at 18M, start 3 rookies and 1 sophmore and expect win games like this on a 2nd night of a back to back.

It's a process. You wanted tanking. You want a great pick. This is it. You won't get player development if you don't let players actually play. And you need to spend the money you use on Rose and Melo on better starters. No one ever said Kuz and Baker are our starters. We need to get 2 new starters next year, maybe 3, around KP/Willy and guys that are starting right now with KP/Willy need to be coming off the bench. Guys coming off the bench in this game, need to be the 3rd string, 9th/10th man types.

Please, man. I have no agenda. Nixluva has been screaming at me how Rose and Melo have been holding back the offense and the defense all week. Where is he now?

I was actually curious to watch tonight to see how the kids looked. It's not been pretty. They need a lot more talent, especially if they're planning to let Rose go for nothing and trade Melo for Austin Rivers. We'll win 15 games next season.

WOW this is what you think we meant when we talk about Melo and Rose screwing up the offense??? You are truly F'n clueless. The idea is not to play with less talent and somehow miraculously be better! The idea to F'n REPLACE Melo and Rose with LEAD TALENT that also plays TEAM BALL and DEFENDS. WTF did you think we were talking about???

We want BETTER TEAM PLAYERS to take the PG and SF spot for this team and hopefully we can draft that talent. Tell us who was suggesting the team would be better by not filling the Lead roles that Melo and Rose are supposed to have? REPLACE them!!! Not just subtract them.

You said consistently that the bench runs the offense better and defends better. Did you watch the first half? Portland could've beaten this team by 50 last night if they were trying. They got bored and rested Lillard.

¿ △ ?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/24/2017  3:04 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

You said consistently that the bench runs the offense better and defends better. Did you watch the first half? Portland could've beaten this team by 50 last night if they were trying. They got bored and rested Lillard.

bad effort by the Knicks. KP was flat. So was Willy. Guys really looked deflated. They got totally creamed. I would like to see some more fight in us. Im interested to see how these guys bounce back. What is bad will be when Melo comes back rest and wins POY in April reading the Knicks to a resurgence.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
USA
3/24/2017  4:05 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

You're being completely disingenuous here. You know damned well that this was hardly a way to gauge anything with these young players minus Melo and Rose with no preparation. You think they can just flip a switch and take on bigger roles just like that??? One game on a back to back is meaningless. I'm not interested in your petty and snarky points based on one bad performance. If they had won it wouldn't have proved anything either. The LONG TERM success of this team is what matters.

We want to ADD to the talent and we all know we need frontline talent to form a new core. We also know these young players need to play and take their bumps and bruises! I hope they shut Melo and Rose down completely and let these kids play and learn. Nothing that happened in this game makes a case for Melo and Rose being good for this team. They still aren't winning players.

nixluva
USA
3/24/2017  4:13 PM
Also I think LT not playing was a bigger problem than Melo n Rose.
reub
Member: #6227

3/24/2017  4:26 PM
Chasson Randle had some good moments. He made a long three and was all over Lillard, causing a turnover.
nixluva
USA
3/24/2017  4:48 PM
reub wrote:Chasson Randle had some good moments. He made a long three and was all over Lillard, causing a turnover.

Yeah the Knicks got blitz at the start but they settled down and picked up their performance. There were some good signs amidst the mistakes and missed shots. This is all part of the process and hopefully they learn and grow. The real improvement will have to come this summer.

crzymdups
USA
3/24/2017  5:18 PM
nixluva wrote:Also I think LT not playing was a bigger problem than Melo n Rose.

I bet you do.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
3/24/2017  5:34 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:Also I think LT not playing was a bigger problem than Melo n Rose.

I bet you do.

I think he would've helped on defense.

holfresh
Member: #1081

3/24/2017  7:03 PM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I bet you do.

I think he would've helped on defense.

You can't be taken seriously..

TankThread: Knicks @ Portland

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy