[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kp being overwhelmed by nba talent
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

3/23/2017  7:19 AM
KP scoress team high points, knocks down 3 three pointers, 1 steal, 1 block with a final line of 24 points and yet KP is not "ready".
I'd like to see all the great players who are "ready" at 21 then.

He's been our best scoring and offensive player in March and in the Triangle. I don't know what Briggs expects of him, but he has been showing more willingness and ability to create shots and make things happen. He's takem every match up on, and is't shying away from creating on offense anymore. I like that. Last season KP was too passive. This year he's become more confident in creating and it's showing.

24 points on 17 shots is always a good finish. Only 31 minutes. The Knicks are moving him from position to position, to see where he can do more. He's had some games at 5, others at 4 this last month. There's no consistency with our game planning and it's hard for any player to become defensively great when you're moved position to position.

Gobert and DeAndre, Blake as well, these are all players who thrive when an opposing PG gets into the paint or moving off the ball. They are not scoring these points on KP all one on one in defense. Many of their points are when they get to move off the ball. You have to help the helper. The Knicks rarely help the helper.

That said, KP's man defense is weak this year. No arguments he has to still work and improve. But I love what he's doing on offense right now. He's not shy, he's taking it to the basket and taking shots that last year he was passing up. He's becoming more and more like a player that can be the primary scorer on a team.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/23/2017  7:44 AM
More Briggs see, more briggs reacts and extrapolates what he sea's.
KP at the 5 is premature. They are letting him play and get experience there.
If Knicks win, they lose draft position. Knicks lose, Briggs preaches the obvious doom.

Knicks letting Willy and KP play, get abused and learn. This is how you grow. it sucks at times.
Knicks get experience at the position and by losing, a better draft position potential.

JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

3/23/2017  7:49 AM
Very strange how a guy who is obsessed with draftees and prospects so much to the point where he posts several videos a week on them has ABSOLUTELY NO patience with our young players.

You are a very strange man.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/23/2017  7:51 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:KP scoress team high points, knocks down 3 three pointers, 1 steal, 1 block with a final line of 24 points and yet KP is not "ready".
I'd like to see all the great players who are "ready" at 21 then.

He's been our best scoring and offensive player in March and in the Triangle. I don't know what Briggs expects of him, but he has been showing more willingness and ability to create shots and make things happen. He's takem every match up on, and is't shying away from creating on offense anymore. I like that. Last season KP was too passive. This year he's become more confident in creating and it's showing.

24 points on 17 shots is always a good finish. Only 31 minutes. The Knicks are moving him from position to position, to see where he can do more. He's had some games at 5, others at 4 this last month. There's no consistency with our game planning and it's hard for any player to become defensively great when you're moved position to position.

Gobert and DeAndre, Blake as well, these are all players who thrive when an opposing PG gets into the paint or moving off the ball. They are not scoring these points on KP all one on one in defense. Many of their points are when they get to move off the ball. You have to help the helper. The Knicks rarely help the helper.

That said, KP's man defense is weak this year. No arguments he has to still work and improve. But I love what he's doing on offense right now. He's not shy, he's taking it to the basket and taking shots that last year he was passing up. He's becoming more and more like a player that can be the primary scorer on a team.

If yiu are bragging on Kp stats last night please stop-- it could've said 8 point 2 rebounds because he was ripped apart. Does anyone actually watch the games? There are people who are advocating that we go with kp as our star right now-- but frankly he's not close to that. I think someone had it right. Maybe in a good team. Kp can be like wheel 3 or 4. He needs to get much stronger although at 7-3 it won't be ez. Last night it looked like kp was minimally 3 years Away strength wise

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/23/2017  8:12 AM
TPercy wrote:KP just gave Gobert 24, so much for being a top defensive player. He needs a lot of work too.

Yeah you could make this same thread about gobert. Picked apart by a 2nd year player.

Knixkik
USA
3/23/2017  8:13 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:He was utterly destroyed two games in a row.
He is not balanced and undid plumed offensively and slow footer and weak defensively.
I'm not sure what position he plays he tries to play like a 3 from either the 4-5 and is but a willing passer. He needs a lot of work.

Gobert worked his way into this after 4 years of NBA seasoning. I had him on my fantasy team 2 years ago when he was a 2nd year player and he played like a bitch and was frustrating to own.

Even with KP trying to find his way and getting owned by Gobert tonight he still dropped 24-7. When KP is in his 4th year like Gobert I expect that same climb in strength, understanding and comfort.

Deandre Jordan didn't bring his game together until his 6th year in the league.

Kp needs a lot of work.

He wasn't even supposed to be able to CONTRIBUTE for years when we drafted him. You F'n know this so CUT IT OUT!!! KP has exceeded early expectations. He wasn't even supposed to be playing center for years because he was so skinny. Give him a chance to fill out for goodness sakes!

He needs multi years of physical work

Name a 21 year old that didn't need multiple years of physical work? Maybe shaq?

Knixkik
USA
3/23/2017  8:15 AM
MaulingandAppalling wrote:KP is overrated, it's just that simple. He's a competent young player, but he gets outplayed every game. Certainly can't be the centerpiece of a rebuilding effort - good third or fourth option. Because he's so overrated right now, we could probably trade him for an elite point guard.

Just a bizarre comment. Luckily mavs fans weren't this dumb when it came to dirk, who KP is probably ahead of at the same age.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/23/2017  8:21 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
He is not balanced and undid plumed offensively and slow footer and weak defensively.
I'm not sure what position he plays he tries to play like a 3 from either the 4-5 and is but a willing passer. He needs a lot of work.

Gobert worked his way into this after 4 years of NBA seasoning. I had him on my fantasy team 2 years ago when he was a 2nd year player and he played like a bitch and was frustrating to own.

Even with KP trying to find his way and getting owned by Gobert tonight he still dropped 24-7. When KP is in his 4th year like Gobert I expect that same climb in strength, understanding and comfort.

Kp needs a lot of work.

so does your posting
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

3/23/2017  8:21 AM
Let's not forget KP overwhelmed Rudy all game long as well.... also Rudy scored most of his pts with KP on the bench... Willy not KP got destroyed by Rudy all game long... I love Willy's offense but he sucks on defense.... it's something he really needs to work on....

Again KP dominated Rudy on offense Rudy a TOP defensive big got destroyed by KP .... he looked like a lost creature trying to guard him

fishmike
USA
3/23/2017  8:33 AM
blkexec wrote:I said this year's ago when I first signed on, and everybody jumped on me. But this is why we can't build a youth movement on NY....Because of impatient and high expectation emotional fans like this.
exactly.. guys like Deandre Jordan and Gobert all took several years to develop and be impact players. Brigg's threshold for "Ive seen enough" is several games. Zero patience or understanding of player development from Knick fans. Zero. Gobert and Haywood have been together for the last 3 years and this is the first season they have been on a winning team.

It takes years to develop good players sometimes. Some are good right away. Many others like KP put up good numbers but it takes more years to learn how to win and especially to defend. You can see from this fan base its something most are incapable of enduring.

Everyone wanted Thibs here blaming our defensive woes on the coaching. Guess what? Sota is the worst defensive team in the league.

You know who else gets torched on defense? Karl Anthony Towns. Opposing centers have one of the highest EFG% vs. Towns I have ever seen: http://www.82games.com/1617/16MIN14.HTM
I wonder if Sota fans have labeled him overrated and in need to years of work, or they simply understand there is a process?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/23/2017  8:39 AM
Briggs was a big fan of Hassan Whiteside. It took the kid 5 years to fulfill his potential. A very extreme case but a lesson in patience.
few teams can afford to keep a kid and pay him for 5 years.

NBA has not been good to develop big men because its enamored with young potential and lacks patience. KP is more than a worthy "Project".

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/23/2017  8:45 AM
another ridiculous, knee-jerk, impatient, impractical thread from the guy who considers *himself* to be an nba guru. looking forward to the next 5 redundant threads he creates today
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/23/2017  9:09 AM
Knixkik wrote:
TPercy wrote:KP just gave Gobert 24, so much for being a top defensive player. He needs a lot of work too.

Yeah you could make this same thread about gobert. Picked apart by a 2nd year player.

If you go by stats then you simply did not watch. I like kp but he's no nba star right now or even close. trying to make him the number 1 might even hurt him. I'm not saying anything about patience I'm just posting today's reality. He's not physically in the same class as good nba centers and he has a bit of a tweeter game . I didn't come on here and say trade kp he stinks-- I said he got throttled the last two nights and physically he's multi years away from those two last players. He's not ready for any nba team to classify him as a teams number 1 option

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
3/23/2017  9:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/23/2017  9:14 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

If you go by stats then you simply did not watch. I like kp but he's no nba star right now or even close. trying to make him the number 1 might even hurt him. I'm not saying anything about patience I'm just posting today's reality. He's not physically in the same class as good nba centers and he has a bit of a tweeter game . I didn't come on here and say trade kp he stinks-- I said he got throttled the last two nights and physically he's multi years away from those two last players. He's not ready for any nba team to classify him as a teams number 1 option

I watched. It seems like you didn't because if you did you would have noticed gobert getting torched by KP outside of the basket area on several occasions. Empty stats, whatever, KP scored an easy 24 mostly on gobert.
Knixkik
USA
3/23/2017  9:19 AM
fishmike wrote:
blkexec wrote:I said this year's ago when I first signed on, and everybody jumped on me. But this is why we can't build a youth movement on NY....Because of impatient and high expectation emotional fans like this.
exactly.. guys like Deandre Jordan and Gobert all took several years to develop and be impact players. Brigg's threshold for "Ive seen enough" is several games. Zero patience or understanding of player development from Knick fans. Zero. Gobert and Haywood have been together for the last 3 years and this is the first season they have been on a winning team.

It takes years to develop good players sometimes. Some are good right away. Many others like KP put up good numbers but it takes more years to learn how to win and especially to defend. You can see from this fan base its something most are incapable of enduring.

Everyone wanted Thibs here blaming our defensive woes on the coaching. Guess what? Sota is the worst defensive team in the league.

You know who else gets torched on defense? Karl Anthony Towns. Opposing centers have one of the highest EFG% vs. Towns I have ever seen: http://www.82games.com/1617/16MIN14.HTM
I wonder if Sota fans have labeled him overrated and in need to years of work, or they simply understand there is a process?

Yeah great point. Towns is the best young player to come into the league in a long time and if he played for the knicks briggs would make a dozen of these threads. He struggles defensively worse than KP. He's KP on defense but without the rim protection. But it shows the difference between some of our fan base and the rest of the league as far as expectations.

fishmike
USA
3/23/2017  9:22 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Neither was Gobert or Deandre Jordan. Both were well behind where KP is at the exact same times in their career. So if your point is to compare KP vs. the last two centers he's played against how about some context. Except that Briggs.. time and time again you show your context is usually the last 5 minutes of basketball you just watched. You have been doing this for years here.

Its constant knee jerk statements from you. Go tell me how Gobert and Jordan looked at 21 in their sophomore seasons. Guess what.. they needed years also.

You want to draft good players but cry about how far away they are developmentally every time they get beat up on by NBA vets who are older and more experienced?

How about you compare KP's defense to Towns? Or WCS? Or Kaminsky? Or OK4?

blkexec
Member: #748
3/23/2017  9:37 AM
The only thing I will agree on is KP should've never been a starter as a rookie. Since he was a treener coming into the league and clearly wasn't strong enough for nba contact, he should've came off the bench where he could lead that second unit and watch how ball hogging from melo and rose deflates a team. I got killed for that 2 yrs ago, and I bet Briggs was one of them.

Now hes stuck as a starter still trying to figure out what position he is. vs forming a basketball relationship with the second unit, who will eventually be the long term players on this team. Playing with rose, melo, Lee hurt his development in my opinion. along with a rookie coach.

But these knee jerk reaction threads on young players....and even against melo as he's said this recently. Fans like Briggs are everywhere and they are also part of this cultural problem knicks have with developing young talent. It's like a double edge sword....until Dolan is removed and these fans are flushed out, knicks will continue to have a black cloud over them. and soon, the only players that want to come here will be rookies.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Cartman718
Member: #1694

3/23/2017  9:42 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Kp needs a lot of work.

So I saw the 2nd half of the game yesterday...and yep...after seeing Gobert play, I knew Briggs was going to create this thread. 4th year vs 2nd year. For all the draft brilliance you show in this forum...do you understand simple math?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
fishmike
USA
3/23/2017  9:43 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Kp needs a lot of work.

So I saw the 2nd half of the game yesterday...and yep...after seeing Gobert play, I knew Briggs was going to create this thread. 4th year vs 2nd year. For all the draft brilliance you show in this forum...do you understand simple math?

injecting logic, reasoning and perspective takes all the fun out of things.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

3/23/2017  9:44 AM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I watched. It seems like you didn't because if you did you would have noticed gobert getting torched by KP outside of the basket area on several occasions. Empty stats, whatever, KP scored an easy 24 mostly on gobert.

I watched too and your right KP owned gobert on offense and really held his own on defense.... gobert really took advantage of willy and o'quinn not KP who again owned gobert who looked lost on defense vs KP
Kp being overwhelmed by nba talent

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy