[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Welcome the future Knick... Austin Rivers
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

3/22/2017  9:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:The article only talks about how bad the Clippers cap situation is. Phil didn't limit Melo's market to the Clippers Melo did. You can spin that how you like, but no dice.
Like I said if teams thought he was valuable they would take him on for two years and the kicker would be a non issue. Problem is they don't think he is that valuable, no one has yet named one team willing to trade a starter that would be of value for a young rebuilding team. NOT ONE.

It's because net negative players aren't valued as swaps for potential starters for years to come, the only price they'll fetch are bad contracts or question marks. So yes, I'll be happy with Austin Rivers straight up for Melo. I would be happy with a bag of M&Ms, getting him off the roster is value enough for me and for the future of the team.

As for Phil, I have always said giving Melo any contract was a horrible idea. The most I would have offered him was $80MM for 5 years take it or go jump. And yes I said that during that off season. But I also think Phil was trying to get full control of the Knicks and keeping Melo on Melo's terms was part of the price he had to pay Dolan. That's conjecture on my part and we will never know. But I don't think Phil would have wanted Melo that badly or just given him the NTC to look good. You don't win 11 rings by being STOOPID, just ask Melo he is still working on ring number 1, but he has STOOPID down pat.

I am happy that Phil is at least trying to rebuild the franchise from ground up the only way possible in NY. If he didn't keep Melo and try to get players around him, he would have been fired years ago - every Knicks fan already knows this. But Phil is still here and that's because he took a strategy of letting Melo play out his course while he(Phil) rebuilds the team. Phil has drafted two first round talents with one first round pick. He has got solid vets like Lance, Holiday and Lee who can all be part of the team going forward. And he is positioned to draft another starter for the future.

I don't expect every draft pick to be a home run and I don't do revisionist history. I am willing to be patient. I honestly don't care if Melo stays or goes as long as the team maintains the right focus. Draft good high IQ players and build a culture of playing team first system basketball. For that I am grateful to Phil.

POGS

Phil is rebuilding by accident. It hasn't been his intent. In regards to Melo saying where he will accept a trade, that is his right because Phil gave him that and a trade kicker. You don't like Melo I get that. But don't let your hate for him blind you to how inept Phil has been. Maybe the fourth time is the charm with the resets but the 17-18 season hasn't started yet and he has already undermined his coach again.

How about you not let your hate for Phil blind you to reality? I didn't debate Phil gave him the contract or the NTC. But Phil isn't asking Melo stay here or insist on going to the Clippers, like I said spin it all you want that's still on Melo. For the last time I don't care if he stays or goes, but for the betterment of our young players I hope he does go.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
Welcome the future Knick... Austin Rivers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy