[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Shaq blames Melo, Rose and Knicks players not Triangle
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/21/2017  4:56 PM
holfresh wrote:And Shaq never singled out Rose...Never..Thats a lie...
This. He also didn't single out Melo, said he wouldn't diss Hornacek and said that Tex Winter was the guy always talking not Phil. The Knicks don't have Tex on the bench. They don't have Phil on the bench. If you read the Fisher articles, it seems there was a clash between coaching to the roster strengths versus coaching to implement a system. There are a lot of things wrong with the Knicks. Now that the playoffs are out the picture the triangle compliments the tank.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/21/2017  4:56 PM
holfresh wrote:Phil won 37 games when Kobe was the only star...You need talent...

You are agruing about a different topic than everyone else. This is about what makes the Triangle work and pretty much any team, either on offense or defense, work.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
holfresh
Member: #1081

3/21/2017  4:58 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
holfresh wrote:So ISO is ok for MJ and Kobe and not Melo..Ok

Don't you remember Kobe not shooting at all one game because he got tired of hearing the same thing? there is a fine line between being featured and not involving your teammates. We've all played with the the guy who is constantly calling his number, everyone checks out mentally, and you've got to wait five games to get back on the court

You can't win in this league without talent..The triangle isn't a system based on magical outcomes.. Sure Melo can pass more..But we a losing because we can't play defense...

holfresh

3/21/2017  4:59 PM
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:Who cares anyway...Organization won't recover from this for a long time...We will be a lottery team for the next few years...So we need to acquire talent...Hope we find a qualified GM to do the job...

And you accused me of being childish? The organization can recover quite well from not having Melo or Rose for that matter. They no longer play winning basketball. They're net negative players and they kill team play. These are the facts.

You are a child at times..You can't see beyond Melo Rose and Phil...
holfresh

3/21/2017  5:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/21/2017  5:03 PM
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:Phil won 37 games when Kobe was the only star...You need talent...

You are agruing about a different topic than everyone else. This is about what makes the Triangle work and pretty much any team, either on offense or defense, work.

We can argue that..But I have been arguing it for three years...The coach has to want to coach the triangle, not just Phil and Rambis...Do you think that's a factor???

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/21/2017  5:11 PM
Of course you need talent!!!!
All great coach's had great talent!!!!

Triangle or not, still got to play defense.
Triangle or not, still have move the ball and move without the ball.
Why is that antiquated? Pop demands it.

Shaq said something more important, he said "Buy into it".......Read phil's books and he discusses in hi 20 years why 9 teams did not win chips and sometimes went rougue.
The notion of HOF talent alone is not just what made them great, They had role players who did their jobs and the HOF stars believed in them. "Jordan was being doubled, so he kicked it to Kerr......" get it.

holfresh

3/21/2017  5:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
This. He also didn't single out Melo, said he wouldn't diss Hornacek and said that Tex Winter was the guy always talking not Phil. The Knicks don't have Tex on the bench. They don't have Phil on the bench. If you read the Fisher articles, it seems there was a clash between coaching to the roster strengths versus coaching to implement a system. There are a lot of things wrong with the Knicks. Now that the playoffs are out the picture the triangle compliments the tank.

The way Shaq presented it is that it was a decision the whole team, who like the Bulls, played many years together, made to accept the triangle...We have players on a different trajectory in their careers who never played together until this year..It's more of a challenge..The coach is reluctantly on board..Shaq mentioned that trading guys like Shump etc made it harder...

holfresh

3/21/2017  5:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/21/2017  5:19 PM
Nalod wrote:Of course you need talent!!!!
All great coach's had great talent!!!!

Triangle or not, still got to play defense.
Triangle or not, still have move the ball and move without the ball.
Why is that antiquated? Pop demands it.

Shaq said something more important, he said "Buy into it".......Read phil's books and he discusses in hi 20 years why 9 teams did not win chips and sometimes went rougue.
The notion of HOF talent alone is not just what made them great, They had role players who did their jobs and the HOF stars believed in them. "Jordan was being doubled, so he kicked it to Kerr......" get it.

The core players played years together and were in their primes when the triangle was introduced..Shaq said that was very important in accepting the triangle...We change roster every 6 months...MJ, Pippen and Grant were in their primes...Kobe, Shaq, Ariza, Fox, Bynum, Gasol in their primes..

KP trying to find himself...Rose is rediscovering his game...Melo on a huge physical decline...

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/21/2017  5:18 PM
holfresh wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The way Shaq presented it is that it was a decision the whole team, who like the Bulls, played many years together, made to accept the triangle...We have players on a different trajectory in their careers who never played together until this year..It's more of a challenge..The coach is reluctantly on board..Shaq mentioned that trading guys like Shump etc made it harder...

The Bulls were also a group of guys who had been together several years and were trying to find a way to get over the hurdle to finally beat the Pistons. They knew each other's tendencies, had already played together at a high level... it made more sense for them to embrace the Triangle maybe.

I've always thought the OKC thunder when they had Westbrook and Durant would've been a good candidate for the Triangle. They needed something to get them over the top.

Shaq's Lakers were in a similar boat - they'd been together a few years and kept stalling in the playoffs. They needed something to take them over the top.

The Knicks, obviously, were nowhere near that position.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/21/2017  5:18 PM
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:Who cares anyway...Organization won't recover from this for a long time...We will be a lottery team for the next few years...So we need to acquire talent...Hope we find a qualified GM to do the job...

And you accused me of being childish? The organization can recover quite well from not having Melo or Rose for that matter. They no longer play winning basketball. They're net negative players and they kill team play. These are the facts.

I talk about Melo and Rose because they quite literally don't play winning basketball. If you could make the case that they do play winning basketball I'd love to see it. They have personal production but it's all empty from a team perspective.

crzymdups
USA
3/21/2017  5:21 PM
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I talk about Melo and Rose because they quite literally don't play winning basketball. If you could make the case that they do play winning basketball I'd love to see it. They have personal production but it's all empty from a team perspective.

Both players LITERALLY made the playoffs every year of their life until Phil came along. Search a little deeper.

¿ △ ?
holfresh

3/21/2017  5:21 PM
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The Bulls were also a group of guys who had been together several years and were trying to find a way to get over the hurdle to finally beat the Pistons. They knew each other's tendencies, had already played together at a high level... it made more sense for them to embrace the Triangle maybe.

I've always thought the OKC thunder when they had Westbrook and Durant would've been a good candidate for the Triangle. They needed something to get them over the top.

Shaq's Lakers were in a similar boat - they'd been together a few years and kept stalling in the playoffs. They needed something to take them over the top.

The Knicks, obviously, were nowhere near that position.

Excellent point...I thought Phil would have been great in OKC..Trying to compare where the Knicks are and what the outcomes are crazy and Phil should know that...
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/21/2017  5:24 PM

Exactly, he didn't say any names. they also (fish and shaq)made it crystal clear that they had a veteran team. Where's our rick fox, big shot bob, or even fisher or kerr who hit countless big 3's.

They also stated that if you keep flipping the roster how can you build a core, every year your going to start all over.

ES
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/21/2017  5:24 PM

Exactly, he didn't say any names. they also (fish and shaq)made it crystal clear that they had a veteran team. Where's our rick fox, big shot bob, or even fisher or kerr who hit countless big 3's.

They also stated that if you keep flipping the roster how can you build a core, every year your going to start all over.

ES
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/21/2017  5:26 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Veterans are important but that doesn't mean you have to have a team full of veterans. I know you don't believe in building a core through the draft but we have tried it the other way and ended up worse.
nixluva
USA
3/21/2017  5:26 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Both players LITERALLY made the playoffs every year of their life until Phil came along. Search a little deeper.

I can tell you that you are living in the past. I believed they were still capable but now I see how wrong I was. Melo and Rose are not winning players anymore. They can both still score but they simply don't do enough of the things that lead to wins.

They don't defend and they don't help the team function on a higher level. The team is just marginally better when they're off the court. If we had more well rounded lead players in their place the team would be better off. I want 2 Way players that buy into team play and defense.

crzymdups
USA
3/21/2017  5:29 PM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I can tell you that you are living in the past. I believed they were still capable but now I see how wrong I was. Melo and Rose are not winning players anymore. They can both still score but they simply don't do enough of the things that lead to wins.

They don't defend and they don't help the team function on a higher level. The team is just marginally better when they're off the court. If we had more well rounded lead players in their place the team would be better off. I want 2 Way players that buy into team play and defense.

I'm not the one who traded for Rose. Or sign Melo to a 5-yr deal with a NTC. If they weren't winning players, despite the games they had won... why'd Phil build around them?

¿ △ ?
holfresh

3/21/2017  5:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/21/2017  5:31 PM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:

KP and Willy can't defend their positions either but you don't mind that...Kuz can't defend..Melo defends 4s better than KP...AHH what's the point..
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/21/2017  5:31 PM
I think we have had this conversation many times.
PHil is not coaching the thunder, or the knicks either.

So none of you agenda guys blame the players, its all about Phil?
Did we not run hybrid systems this year? Don't the ball have to move? Winning teams move the ball.

nixluva
USA
3/21/2017  5:32 PM
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:

KP and Willy can't defend their positions either but you don't mind that...Kuz can't defend..Melo defends 4s better than KP...AHH what's the point..

I bet you KP and Willy defend much better when we replace Melo and Rose with better defenders!

Shaq blames Melo, Rose and Knicks players not Triangle

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy