[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Looks like Willy and KP are nice a tandum
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
3/21/2017  2:26 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I would dangle some picks and Willy to the pacers for Paul george

KP
Melo
Paul

that's the better front court, more mobile, and can enter change, more flex on defense

That's a nice looking trio but I think we're well past trying to make a suitable lineup with Melo at the heart of it. I could be wrong but the sense I'm getting is that the Knicks are going to change from a Vet Centric roster to a more youthful KP, Willy and 2017 Draft Pick Centric roster.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/21/2017  2:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I would dangle some picks and Willy to the pacers for Paul george

KP
Melo
Paul

that's the better front court, more mobile, and can enter change, more flex on defense

Of course you would. Then get angry when Phil thinking he fell asleep on it.
The idea of paying full retail for paul might also be a kind of repeat of what we did with melo. Paying full retail for a player in his prime is not always smart.
A team like boston can afford to do so, and still have plenty of assets to be a good team.
Now, moving willy is something that is not prohibited but your throwiong around picks like they grow on trees and we have a bountiful harvest full of them.
Reality is Lakers have the kind of assets to do a deal like that. If Bird thinks Ingram can be as good as him you can have a deal like Deng, Ingram and a future protected pick him.
Willy is still a bit of a project, they have a young stud center, so really what does Indy get? "a "Dangle of picks"? you have to be specific.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/21/2017  2:30 PM
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:

KP
Melo
Paul

SMH. Price for PG STARTS with KP and this year's #1 and I suspect Bird still tells you to bugger off

If they think there's a chance PG is gone, i bet they would trade him straight up for KP. KP has crazy value around the league i'm sure. I wouldn't do it though.

Boston has 10x the assets we do and everyone knows they wants to use them. No Butler, PG, Melo or any other deadline trades... there is a reason for this.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/21/2017  4:30 PM
nixluva wrote:

KP
Melo
Paul

That's a nice looking trio but I think we're well past trying to make a suitable lineup with Melo at the heart of it. I could be wrong but the sense I'm getting is that the Knicks are going to change from a Vet Centric roster to a more youthful KP, Willy and 2017 Draft Pick Centric roster.

Exactly those days are over. Now its about Kp Wlly and our lotto pick this year
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/21/2017  4:35 PM
I would trade for George
My worry would be that if the team didn't meet expectations he would leave as a free agent in 2018
That means you lose Willy and a lotto pick for 1 year of PG
No thanks
StarksEwing1

3/21/2017  4:39 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I would trade for George
My worry would be that if the team didn't meet expectations he would leave as a free agent in 2018
No thanks
yeah I agree. I don't want to trade anymore first round picks unless its a absolute no brainer. Also Willy will only get better
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/21/2017  5:01 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
No thanks
yeah I agree. I don't want to trade anymore first round picks unless its a absolute no brainer. Also Willy will only get better

I think it'd be far easier to get the next Paul George in the draft this year. The draft is loaded with talented forwards. Josh Jackson is my favorite, but by no means is he the only one. Tatum. Isaac. Justin Jackson. OG Anunoby. There are some damn good small forwards in this draft.

Trading for Paul George should be a non-starter. The Melo window is closed for contending. I don't mind if we can't find a trade and Melo is on the team next year, but make it clear the idea is rebuilding, not contending for Melo. If he wants to stay here while his window closes and sell some tickets, that's fine.

¿ △ ?
StarksEwing1

3/21/2017  5:04 PM
crzymdups wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
No thanks

I think it'd be far easier to get the next Paul George in the draft this year. The draft is loaded with talented forwards. Josh Jackson is my favorite, but by no means is he the only one. Tatum. Isaac. Justin Jackson. OG Anunoby. There are some damn good small forwards in this draft.

Trading for Paul George should be a non-starter. The Melo window is closed for contending. I don't mind if we can't find a trade and Melo is on the team next year, but make it clear the idea is rebuilding, not contending for Melo. If he wants to stay here while his window closes and sell some tickets, that's fine.

Oh I agree. Look even though I want to see a Melo tade I understand that he has the NTC. HOWEVER if Melo stays he needs to realize he wont be the guy anymore. Also they wont be dealing picks anymore like they have in the past. Its about KP Willy and out lotto pick. Now I doubt he will accept that but if he really wants to stay those are the terms
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/21/2017  5:05 PM
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:

KP
Melo
Paul

SMH. Price for PG STARTS with KP and this year's #1 and I suspect Bird still tells you to bugger off

If they think there's a chance PG is gone, i bet they would trade him straight up for KP. KP has crazy value around the league i'm sure. I wouldn't do it though.

Boston has 10x the assets we do and everyone knows they wants to use them. No Butler, PG, Melo or any other deadline trades... there is a reason for this.

Fans overrate "assets." NBA exes absolutely view proven young talent to be way above future picks. KP is way more valuable to most teams than unknown draft picks.

reub
Member: #6227

3/21/2017  5:40 PM
Forget Paul George. He's not on our timeline. We have draft picks ahead and let's just build on our young talent. Oh, and I'm predicting a KP breakout year next year too.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/21/2017  5:42 PM
reub wrote:Forget Paul George. He's not on our timeline. We have draft picks ahead and let's just build on our young talent. Oh, and I'm predicting a KP breakout year next year too.

I don't think anyone is actually suggesting to trade for PG. It would make no sense. Our window with Melo is gone.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/21/2017  5:59 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

KP
Melo
Paul

It might be. It probably should be. Will see.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

3/21/2017  6:02 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

KP
Melo
Paul

I think it is. Look I admit I have never been a big melo fan. I certainly like him a lot better than rose but I don't think you can build a contender around him. Ive always felt melo fits perfectly as the number 2 guy who can provide the scoring
CrushAlot
USA
3/21/2017  6:05 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

KP
Melo
Paul

I think it is. Look I admit I have never been a big melo fan. I certainly like him a lot better than rose but I don't think you can build a contender around him. Ive always felt melo fits perfectly as the number 2 guy who can provide the scoring

He was given a NTC and a huge trade kicker. He also was signed to a huge deal and is getting older. A lot would have to go right for him to be moved. I think expecting much of anything back from a team is a long shot.
StarksEwing1

3/21/2017  6:11 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

KP
Melo
Paul

He was given a NTC and a huge trade kicker. He also was signed to a huge deal and is getting older. A lot would have to go right for him to be moved. I think expecting much of anything back from a team is a long shot.
I agree. I don't expect much as far as a return. The funny thing is that I think he can still be successful here if he takes a more limited role and allows the young guns to become more of the focus. Whether he likes or hates the triangle I truly believe if he relents and makes a effort to buy into it it would set a good example. Unfortunetly I don't see that happening
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

3/21/2017  6:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/21/2017  6:45 PM
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:I'm not sure I agree on KP/Willy being a nice tandem because neither can play the 4 defensively and Willy is a poor defender and rim protector at the 5.

I think KP future near term has to be at the 5 and given the fact we already have Noah/KOQ/Plumlee as reserve centers -- I think that makes Willy H expendable in the right deal.

how do you know? They are 21 and 22. Nobody that age struggled defensively than came around? And watching KP vs. 4s its not an issue of cant, its an issue of how. He gets constantly caught out of position and looks bad trying to adjust. He does remain a top flight rim protector. No need to make excuses. I called KP out early in the season for being a big problem with the team defense. He cant get better?

Would agree. They are too young to just say they won't work. Do think Willy is closer to fitting a position than KP. And think KP has trouble at 4 with quicker stretch 4's. But NO, you don't trade them. Good young prospects should not be thrown away because of deficiencies. But yes, it will be a challenge, short term, for both of them to be on the floor together with smaller line ups.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
CrushAlot
USA
3/21/2017  7:38 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

KP
Melo
Paul

I agree. I don't expect much as far as a return. The funny thing is that I think he can still be successful here if he takes a more limited role and allows the young guns to become more of the focus. Whether he likes or hates the triangle I truly believe if he relents and makes a effort to buy into it it would set a good example. Unfortunetly I don't see that happening
I think the Knicks need a couple of more young guns and possibly a change in the coach if they go that direction and Melo stays.
StarksEwing1

3/21/2017  7:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/21/2017  7:45 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

KP
Melo
Paul

I think the Knicks need a couple of more young guns and possibly a change in the coach if they go that direction and Melo stays.
Well I expect that we will probably be in the lottery next year with or without melo, But I agree we need a couple more young guns to really get this thing going for a long period of time.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/21/2017  10:57 PM
jrodmc wrote:Oh yeah a 14 foot, 2 inch tandem with 0 blocks last night.
Yeah, the HOF twin tower rim protectors of the future...

Never thought I would ever miss Robin Lopez this much...

You forgot to smile Einstein. Always shovel **** with a smile.

http://dailyknicks.com/2017/03/11/new-york-knicks-kristaps-porzingis-makes-history-2/

Only the 13th player in the history of the NBA to get 100 3 pointers and 100 blocks in the same season

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/22/2017  9:37 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Oh yeah a 14 foot, 2 inch tandem with 0 blocks last night.
Yeah, the HOF twin tower rim protectors of the future...

Never thought I would ever miss Robin Lopez this much...

You forgot to smile Einstein. Always shovel **** with a smile.

http://dailyknicks.com/2017/03/11/new-york-knicks-kristaps-porzingis-makes-history-2/

Only the 13th player in the history of the NBA to get 100 3 pointers and 100 blocks in the same season

And this little factoid suddenly makes KP and Billy into Bill Russell II & IIA, Mr. Nobel Peace Prize?

I found the LA game interesting because it would have been nice to see this "Twin Tower of Power" stop the 4 and 5 on the other team. That did not happen. Instead there's a thread jerking off about how great they are defensively. Did I talk about Melo's invisible defensive effort? No. Did I mention Melo at all? No; I don't have to, I know I can count on the braindead haters to do that for me.

KP and Rolo had one season together and led the league in rim defense. That's a fact. You, of course, resort to some tremendous NY snews article that doesn't even mention Billy in the midst of a season where the team is bottom 5 or worse defensively. Great work. How about this, Mr. Quantum Physics: we went from middle of the pack defensively as a team, to putrid road kill this season. Not exactly the time to be touting the glorious defensive abilities of anyone.

I just find the timing of some threads interesting.

Looks like Willy and KP are nice a tandum

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy