[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Last night did it look like KP and Willy could be a starting 4-5 in this league any time soon?
Author Thread
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

3/21/2017  1:26 PM
Nalod wrote:We need, we need, we need, we need, we need.......................
or......
We need to, we need to, we need to, we need..................

Add:
Tank
Tank better
Be like Lakers (they have picks, but to date no plan)
Be like Nets (They have a plan, but no picks)
Be like Spurs
Be like Mike
Be more athletic
Be more tough
Be more Better
Pass first PG
Shoot first SG
Athletic 2 way SF
defensive PF stud
Shoot more 3's
Make more 3's
Hire RC buford clone
Fire Rambis
FIre Phil
Fire Mills
New Owner
Bring back Ewing
Extract Oak testosterone
Bring back 90's uniform
Spree Love......

Really simple. Score more points then the opponent.

You forgot Jordan Mickey.

We need Jordan Mickey.

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/21/2017  3:02 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:KP is likely a center. Willy will be a nice change-of-pace backup center. Starting together is tough. KP needs to be a center and surrounded by athletic, tough 3-and-D types at the forward positions. Willy can dominate off the bench as the focal point of the offense when KP is out. It's pretty obvious at this point. KP is the ideal center for the future of the game. He will struggle on defense against bruising centers, but protects the rim and will be a mismatch nightmare when he puts it all together.
show me two 21/22 year olds starting in the league that cant be described as "rough"

Do we want young players with growing pains?

Briggs has plenty of good ideas but he is in his 3x thread a day mode following this pattern:
1) Knicks lose so lets crap on some player on the roster
2) Knicks win so lets talk about how stupid they are for hurting their lottery chances
3) Seth Curry had a good game so post his stat line

You are NOT going to see good basketball from the Knicks this season. It doesnt mean taking their lumps isnt helping.

You can say whatever you want--KP and Willy g are both 5s defensively. There is a reason why we give up 67 points in the first half every game --not only do we not get pressure from the guards--we are to slow and weak inside. KP needs to get stronger and we will need to address the 4 position.

It's not even inside one, for the 5th straight game(since I've been taking notice) C's and a fwd have lit us up for 45 points. Not to mention, JVG, Mark Jackson, shaq, Fisher, Breen, brent Barry and a host of other analyst have all criticize or question why are these 2 starting together.

This is definitely RAMBIS, he so stupid, that he doesn't see opposing teams purposely run PnR and screens to get one of them on the switch. and they fall for it every time, they drop back because they are now facing a quicker guard..

CP3 looked like part of the globetrotters last night every time the switch came. It was embarrassing

ES
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

3/21/2017  3:04 PM
Briggs...just stop. You are sounding more and more like an old disgruntled man who cant see anything but doom and gloom. Blake Griffin has anger management issues, already proven in the media. Deandre Jordan's stunt on the Mavs...did you forget about that. Are those the 2 you want?

They are one locker room argument from a Demarcus Cousins situation.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/21/2017  3:43 PM
fishmike wrote:Wow. Our 21/22 year old rookie/sophmore were handled by two of the strongest most physical players in the NBA and two MAX players.

Yes... they look great and I am thrilled to have them. Looking forward for more this draft.

Briggs with a bit of a breakdown here...not willing to see the good things these two do on the court even though they are not fully developed physically.

With that said...KP has to make the same effort he made prior to his first season to gain weight and strength.

Neither Willy or KP are hardened physically, yet, though Willy is further along. I just think folks have to see the bigger picture and understand both of these guys are developing.

And yup...you can make a case that Jordan and Blake are as strong as anyone in the league in terms of raw physical strength... did Briggs expect them NOT to be at a disadvantage physically?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
knicks1248
3/21/2017  5:12 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
fishmike wrote:Wow. Our 21/22 year old rookie/sophmore were handled by two of the strongest most physical players in the NBA and two MAX players.

Yes... they look great and I am thrilled to have them. Looking forward for more this draft.

Briggs with a bit of a breakdown here...not willing to see the good things these two do on the court even though they are not fully developed physically.

With that said...KP has to make the same effort he made prior to his first season to gain weight and strength.

Neither Willy or KP are hardened physically, yet, though Willy is further along. I just think folks have to see the bigger picture and understand both of these guys are developing.

And yup...you can make a case that Jordan and Blake are as strong as anyone in the league in terms of raw physical strength... did Briggs expect them NOT to be at a disadvantage physically?

the problem was not just blake and Jordan, they have been abuse by every position on the floor, there not quick enough for perimeter players big or small, and they cant hold their own in the paint. Aside from the occasional block, these 2 have been unwatchable on the defensive end.

I remember people kept thinking Dirk would get better defensively, but he got better offensively and remain a below avg defender

ES
Knicks67
Member: #6370

3/21/2017  8:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/21/2017  8:19 PM
I think someone made a very good point on another thread that having a defensive guard unlike Rose would make Kp and Willys lives much easier. Rose gets beat on the drive then Kp and Willy either have to help, tire themselves and expose the perimeter, or not help and watch a clear path to the basket. The pieces around them will dictate whether Willy starts with Kp or comes off the bench I think.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/21/2017  8:24 PM
Knicks67 wrote:I think someone made a very good point on another thread that having a defensive guard unlike Rose would make Kp and Willys lives much easier. Rose gets beat on the drive then Kp and Willy either have to help, tire themselves and expose the perimeter, or not help and watch a clear path to the basket. The pieces around them will dictate whether Willy starts with Kp or comes off the bench I think.
Correct. rose literally does nothing on defense so of course that's gonna put even more pressure on the two kids
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/22/2017  3:14 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Knicks67 wrote:I think someone made a very good point on another thread that having a defensive guard unlike Rose would make Kp and Willys lives much easier. Rose gets beat on the drive then Kp and Willy either have to help, tire themselves and expose the perimeter, or not help and watch a clear path to the basket. The pieces around them will dictate whether Willy starts with Kp or comes off the bench I think.
Correct. rose literally does nothing on defense so of course that's gonna put even more pressure on the two kids

Personally I imagine more athletic and high energy players at PG, SG and SF. The team has to get some real energy and enthusiasm in the starting lineup. Hopefully we can start adding players that give max effort on D.

knicks1248
3/22/2017  9:49 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

What about when rose is not on the floor, Can you find and excuse for that.

Can't you just admit that they are really bad on defense and stop blaming rose and melo for everything, I can see with my own 2 eyes. Willy is more concern with rebounding the ball(maybe thats what he was told to do) then guarding the perimeter, and KP cares more about blocking shots near the rim, so time and time again he gets caught in no man's land, too far from the perimeter shooter, and late getting back to protect the paint, that's why he's always wacking and hacking

ES
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/22/2017  11:55 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Can't you just admit that they are really bad on defense and stop blaming rose and melo for everything, I can see with my own 2 eyes. Willy is more concern with rebounding the ball(maybe thats what he was told to do) then guarding the perimeter, and KP cares more about blocking shots near the rim, so time and time again he gets caught in no man's land, too far from the perimeter shooter, and late getting back to protect the paint, that's why he's always wacking and hacking

You seem to be lost on the notion that young players have to LEARN how to defend at the NBA level. As great as Coach Thibs is, he did not get instant results from a team full of young talented players. It's not easy and often takes time.

We have to allow our younger players time to mature and learn. I see no reason to be overly critical of KP and Willy who by the way are 2 of the best defenders on the team statistically. They would be much better if the other vets they play with weren't so HORRENDOUS!!!

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/22/2017  12:03 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

first off when did i excuse them for everything? In fact ive said time and time again that they are still young and going through the process and will have growing pains. HOWEVER you cant tell me that Rose doesnt make it even harder for them. Look i know that you are more into veterans even flawed veterans over young guys but your way hasnt exactly worked for the past 16 years
Last night did it look like KP and Willy could be a starting 4-5 in this league any time soon?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy