[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Man is Courtney Lee an inconsistent non material
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

3/21/2017  12:01 PM
What one should take from the Clipper game - Man what a difference CP3 makes. If CP3 and Rose switched teams, I think the Clips finish 10th in the West and we elevate to 4th or 3rd. That's a real star and MVP. I also like Rivers, he's a solid combo guard. Maybe not the player to run your offense as the primary creator, but great secondary creator.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/21/2017  12:30 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
crzymdups wrote:I feel Courtney Lee is a bellweather for this team.

If the ball was moving and the team was playing defense, he could be a valuable part of that. He's not going to jump start it himself, but he can be a very functional cog within a well-oiled machine.

There have been games where the ball is moving and finds the open man - Lee is often open and rarely gets the ball - but those rare games the ball moves, he gets an easy 15-20pts.

Though I think this season has sucked some of the life out of him. I wouldn't be surprised to see Phil move him over the summer along with Melo. He seems like he completely regrets coming here.

Anyway, it's a good contract and he is wasted here as a decent asset. There's no point in keeping him around through a rebuild. He'll be very easy to trade. It'd be nice to get something of value back for him, but we know how that goes.

Exactly. Lee has proven that he makes solid teams better. He did it for Charlotte and he did the same thing on Memphis. The problem is that we're not good.
this... however unless he wants to go he could be a nice vet. We need to move Rose/Melo. If you do that (ironically) Noah/Lee will look much better. Obviously Noah has to get on the court. Lee is a good player with good value.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/21/2017  12:34 PM
Lee isnt the issue. Sure i expected a little more defensively but he is a overall solid role player
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/21/2017  1:31 PM
I like Lee more than JR smith for the money. Same for Crabbe.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/21/2017  2:44 PM
Nalod wrote:I like Lee more than JR smith for the money. Same for Crabbe.
pretty sure Briggs reads the first 5 responses than just starts another thread with his next random thought.

Here is some context:
Allan Crabbe: 10ppg, 2.8rebs, 1.2ast, 43%3FG%, $18mm per, 4 years $75mm
JR Smith: 8ppg, 2.5rebs, 1.2ast, 33%3FG%, $12mm per, 4 years $57mm
Lee: 10.5ppg, 3.4rebs, 2.2ast, 41%3FG%, $11mm per, 4 years $48mm

There is the guy that Briggs has his woody for. There is the guy we let go for nothing. There is the guy Phil signed. I would also say Lee is a better defender than both as well.

Silly thread.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/21/2017  3:23 PM
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:I like Lee more than JR smith for the money. Same for Crabbe.
pretty sure Briggs reads the first 5 responses than just starts another thread with his next random thought.

Here is some context:
Allan Crabbe: 10ppg, 2.8rebs, 1.2ast, 43%3FG%, $18mm per, 4 years $75mm
JR Smith: 8ppg, 2.5rebs, 1.2ast, 33%3FG%, $12mm per, 4 years $57mm
Lee: 10.5ppg, 3.4rebs, 2.2ast, 41%3FG%, $11mm per, 4 years $48mm

There is the guy that Briggs has his woody for. There is the guy we let go for nothing. There is the guy Phil signed. I would also say Lee is a better defender than both as well.

Silly thread.

Thanks for the perspective.
It's unreal the hate Briggs has for these players. As if every one of them now don't belong in the NBA.

Lee, Thomas, Holiday all nice two way role players. That's all. Not gonna score 15 a night for you. They can hit the 3, maybe get open and take shots from that within the offense. They defend and are active. I don't think we should overthink this.

Not many teams are any good without a prime player who is a superstar. Lets go through the list of teams with .600 or better records in the league.

Cleveland - Lebron, Irving
Boston - Isiah
Washington - Wall
Toronto - DeRozan

Golden State - Curry, Durant
San Antonio - Kawahi
Houston - Harden
Utah - Hayward
Clippers - Paul

Those are all players much better than Melo. Who is our #1 player. I'd venture to guess all those teams probably have a better point guard than Rose as well. We were probably supposed to be better than where we wound up, but it's hard to be a top team without a star in his prime carrying you or being the driving force. Melo used to be that player but he's past his prime and in decline. Rose has had too many injuries to ever return to that MVP level. KP is our best shot, and we need to develop him and give him more opportunities next year.

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/21/2017  3:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/21/2017  4:28 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Player. Same path all year-- not much effect on the game-- either goes 5-9 or 2-5 -- rarely hits a shot that's effective to the team. He's a bench player that is our starting 2 and he'll be 33 coming up with 3 big years left on the contract . Did anyone have a worse free agency than us and Memphis?

Lakers, Blazers, Magic, pacers, kings, bulls

Why do people even complain about Lee- he's a 2 way role player and role players lookmlike trash on bad teams, and look very good on good ones. Knicks say he has great intangibles, so I'm fine keeping him for vet leadership.

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/21/2017  4:30 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:I agree with Briggs here. Its not about comparing players, its about what Lee gives us. As a starting SG Lee just doesn't cut it. You need your SG to shoot more than 4 shots a game. Lee has a good outside shot and so many times he cuts around a screen, is wide open and passes the ball. Hornechek also has been telling Lee to shoot more. This team needs more balanced scoring and we can't have a SG afraid to shoot.
Lee isnt here for his scoring. He's here to defend, move the ball and space the floor. Things he does pretty well. He's also got a cap friendly contract

If Lee isn't here for scoring why was the coach insisting that he shoot more, especially early in the season when he was top 5 percentages wise from down town. Whas the purpose if being a 3D guy if your only taking a couple 3s per game, and not stopping anyone.

That's the problem with this roster, no ones been consistent in their role. I'm also fully convince we have the worst chemistry in the NBA.

ES
Man is Courtney Lee an inconsistent non material

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy