[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Were headed to the lottery for 3-5 years
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/22/2017  6:55 PM
Good to see everyone coming around on the idea that building thru the draft of the only way out of this 15yr+ suckhole.

Thanks of course to the silly notion that the draft of a crapshoot and it will never work in New York in our once heralded Garden. How you are better of going the patchwork route by overpaying for other teams damaged goods and Malcontents.

Hopefully the Knicks brass feels the same. We should be grateful we have all our future lottery picks lineup up consecutively for years to come.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/22/2017  7:24 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Good to see everyone coming around on the idea that building thru the draft of the only way out of this 15yr+ suckhole.

Thanks of course to the silly notion that the draft of a crapshoot and it will never work in New York in our once heralded Garden. How you are better of going the patchwork route by overpaying for other teams damaged goods and Malcontents.

Hopefully the Knicks brass feels the same. We should be grateful we have all our future lottery picks lineup up consecutively for years to come.

The Knicks brass doesn't even have to feel that way. Phil is the master of the accidental tank. He has accomplished the feat twice in three years and would have been three for three if the Knicks had their pick last year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/22/2017  7:31 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
nixluva wrote:Come on you can't use just the off season moves to determine what his rebuilding intentions are. Of course he wasn't thinking about a rebuild when trying to put a decent roster around Melo. You hope for some success but all the while knowing you have 3 picks in the coming draft and trades you may have to make in the summer.

We will find out for sure just how committed to a rebuild Phil is. I get the notion that he's ready to get very serious about building a new core.

How many more years does the Noah contract run after this one? THREE MORE YEARS

How many more years does the Lee contract run after this one? THREE MORE YEARS

How many more years will Melo potentially hold this franchise hostage with his NTC and trade kicker? TWO MORE YEARS

How many cost controlled years did the Knicks surrender to get Rose on the roster? Grant's THREE YEARS while on his rookie contract

How many below market contract years for Lopez did the Knicks give up in exchange for Rose's expiring? THREE YEARS

Jackson's intentions are pretty clear WHEN HE COMMITS MONEY AND TIME ACROSS SEVERAL YEARS. Every dollar spent poorly now reflects in future years. Every asset not maximized reflects in future years. Every poor decision now reflects in future years.

You are being intentionally obtuse, no one can be as willfully blind to how NBA contracts and long term impact of those contracts tend to operate as you are pretending to be.

Yup reality bites. The damage is done now we can only hope they learn from their mistakes going forward and finally opt for a true rebuild

Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

3/25/2017  5:25 AM
Its sad, but I dont see an end to being bad in sight. The teams goal is to have a competitive product on the floor by the 2020 season. Do not add anymore waste of space long term deals like Noah and Lee. Keep cap flexibility, and try to nab 3 top 5 picks in a row. Hopefully we get the number 1 pick in one of the years and we land a Westbrook, Harden, Durant, or Lebron. Someone that changes this franchise for the better. KP is a piece but a secondary type player. In this league if your best players are centers you arent winning
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Were headed to the lottery for 3-5 years

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy