NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

3/21/2017  7:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/21/2017  7:22 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:I wonder if Melo does relinquish his NTC if we could possibly do a 3-way deal with the Clippers that involves sign and trading JJ Redick to the Thunder. I'm not sure what the nuances of the new CBA are with sign-and-trades but I think that JJ Redick and Austin Rivers might be enough to entice the Thunder to give up Victor Oladipo, who I'd be interested in for the Knicks. If so, I wouldn't even demand a first round from the Clippers since a deal that is in effect, Melo for Oladipo is a decent return. Melo and Courtney to LAC; JJ Redick and Austin Rivers to OKC; Victor Oladipo, Jamal Crawford, a 2020 or 2021 1st round pick swaps and some 2nd rounders would work under the cap and for me if I were the Knicks GM.

Particularly with the upcoming draft, I'd be intrigued with the potential combo of a Frank Ntilikina and Victor as my backcourt (if Frank becomes our pick). Both can get to the rim, both can reasonably space the floor, both are reasonably good ball movers and both are lengthy defenders. They could potentially operate as a remixed version of Eric Bledsoe and Goran Dragic pairing that the Suns had.

Not sure what can happen, but I like Oladipo's game and I'd be in favor of something like this.

I would not take Oladipo and his $21 mill a yr salary starting next season. He is not worth those dollars...Crawford at this point is useless...I love Crawford game but you do not maximize his potential on a rebuilding team....give me Austin, Brice and 2021, 2023 picks....ala Boston/Crooklyn trade Ainge pulled...those picks could be hidden gold in a couple of years..

That's a highly unrealistic return for Melo at this point. There will not be another trade like that nets trade any time soon.

For the amount of years the Nets gave up picks no. But a future first and a right to swap sure. Clippers are in purgatory. And were talking about trading Rivers and Crawford for Melo.

No, you're talking about handicapping your future for Melo. You'd be asking the Clippers to risk picks as far out as 2021, which would leave their draft situation in limbo for 5 or so years. That's a steep price to pay for a team that will be looking to rebuild/retool at that point from an aged out core.

Then there is the obvious **** Doc Rivers would catch from his wife for trading her baby boy. Not to mention how all this might cause a rift between Doc and Austin.

AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/21/2017  10:09 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:I wonder if Melo does relinquish his NTC if we could possibly do a 3-way deal with the Clippers that involves sign and trading JJ Redick to the Thunder. I'm not sure what the nuances of the new CBA are with sign-and-trades but I think that JJ Redick and Austin Rivers might be enough to entice the Thunder to give up Victor Oladipo, who I'd be interested in for the Knicks. If so, I wouldn't even demand a first round from the Clippers since a deal that is in effect, Melo for Oladipo is a decent return. Melo and Courtney to LAC; JJ Redick and Austin Rivers to OKC; Victor Oladipo, Jamal Crawford, a 2020 or 2021 1st round pick swaps and some 2nd rounders would work under the cap and for me if I were the Knicks GM.

Particularly with the upcoming draft, I'd be intrigued with the potential combo of a Frank Ntilikina and Victor as my backcourt (if Frank becomes our pick). Both can get to the rim, both can reasonably space the floor, both are reasonably good ball movers and both are lengthy defenders. They could potentially operate as a remixed version of Eric Bledsoe and Goran Dragic pairing that the Suns had.

Not sure what can happen, but I like Oladipo's game and I'd be in favor of something like this.

I would not take Oladipo and his $21 mill a yr salary starting next season. He is not worth those dollars...Crawford at this point is useless...I love Crawford game but you do not maximize his potential on a rebuilding team....give me Austin, Brice and 2021, 2023 picks....ala Boston/Crooklyn trade Ainge pulled...those picks could be hidden gold in a couple of years..

That's a highly unrealistic return for Melo at this point. There will not be another trade like that nets trade any time soon.

For the amount of years the Nets gave up picks no. But a future first and a right to swap sure. Clippers are in purgatory. And were talking about trading Rivers and Crawford for Melo.

No, you're talking about handicapping your future for Melo. You'd be asking the Clippers to risk picks as far out as 2021, which would leave their draft situation in limbo for 5 or so years. That's a steep price to pay for a team that will be looking to rebuild/retool at that point from an aged out core.

Then there is the obvious **** Doc Rivers would catch from his wife for trading her baby boy. Not to mention how all this might cause a rift between Doc and Austin.

They have a small window with Paul, Blake, Jordan, Reddick and no other options to improve without risking breaking up the core. Unless they hit big in their 2018 draft pick. They can get a player like Carmelo Anthony for Jamal Crawford and Austin Rivers without breaking that core up. At the 2018 draft which they have their pick. They can draft a player and then trade him for a future 2020 or 2021 pick to try and protect themselves if they so choose. But they would have time to lessen the blow while they compete within this window. If they want to try and go for a chip it's the move they have to make. If not they might as well rebuild because given there lack of picks, lack of cap and aging Paul...

Baby boy has a lot of career ahead of him. They could always link back up in the future if they desire so. Being part of a trade that yielded Melo isn't exactly a slap in the face.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
NardDogNation

3/21/2017  10:15 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

They have a small window with Paul, Blake, Jordan, Reddick and no other options to improve without risking breaking up the core. Unless they hit big in their 2018 draft pick. They can get a player like Carmelo Anthony for Jamal Crawford and Austin Rivers without breaking that core up. At the 2018 draft which they have their pick. They can draft a player and then trade him for a future 2020 or 2021 pick to try and protect themselves if they so choose. But they would have time to lessen the blow while they compete within this window. If they want to try and go for a chip it's the move they have to make. If not they might as well rebuild because given there lack of picks, lack of cap and aging Paul...

Baby boy has a lot of career ahead of him. They could always link back up in the future if they desire so. Being part of a trade that yielded Melo isn't exactly a slap in the face.

How much of a window do the Clippers really have? I think it's very realistic that Redick walks this offseason, which would dramatically change the dynamics of their team. Even if he stayed, this is the same roster that has fallen short every year and now has to face new up-and-coming contenders along with the old-guard, which are very much viable.

If Doc Rivers hadn't won a ring with the Celtics, I think he'd roll the dice on giving up key picks to make the deal worthwhile for the Knicks. But he did win a ring, so I doubt the allure of a 2nd would risk him breaking up his family at so steep a price.

crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/21/2017  10:22 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

How much of a window do the Clippers really have? I think it's very realistic that Redick walks this offseason, which would dramatically change the dynamics of their team. Even if he stayed, this is the same roster that has fallen short every year and now has to face new up-and-coming contenders along with the old-guard, which are very much viable.

If Doc Rivers hadn't won a ring with the Celtics, I think he'd roll the dice on giving up key picks to make the deal worthwhile for the Knicks. But he did win a ring, so I doubt the allure of a 2nd would risk him breaking up his family at so steep a price.

If Reddick walks, we could throw in CLee for a future first round pick...

¿ △ ?
newyorknewyork
3/21/2017  10:29 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

That's the thing. The price isn't steep at all. Other then sentimental value of father and son. Clippers would be getting Melo for a major bargain. There is no player of this calibre that they could add for the price we are talking about.

This Clipper team with Melo can compete with the Warriors and Spurs for the finals.

NardDogNation

3/21/2017  10:49 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

That's the thing. The price isn't steep at all. Other then sentimental value of father and son. Clippers would be getting Melo for a major bargain. There is no player of this calibre that they could add for the price we are talking about.

This Clipper team with Melo can compete with the Warriors and Spurs for the finals.

This Clipper team with Melo doesn't move the needle unless he's coming off the bench. I think he's a terrible fit next to Blake Griffin given his defensive liabilities and the league trending towards small-ball. But Doc Rivers is a goofball and fairly desperate, which is why I think a deal can and will be consummated. He did have them playing historically good defense to start the season....maybe he could hide Melo in their starting lineup.

NardDogNation

3/21/2017  10:52 PM
crzymdups wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

But do you think they'd be throwing in two first round picks and pick swaps like ekstarks was suggesting to trend the conversation in this direction?

newyorknewyork
3/21/2017  11:03 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

This Clipper team with Melo doesn't move the needle unless he's coming off the bench. I think he's a terrible fit next to Blake Griffin given his defensive liabilities and the league trending towards small-ball. But Doc Rivers is a goofball and fairly desperate, which is why I think a deal can and will be consummated. He did have them playing historically good defense to start the season....maybe he could hide Melo in their starting lineup.

He will fit being a guy that Kwaih and Durant will have to account for. When they want to go hack a Jordan. Sliding Melo to the 4 and Blake to the 5 would work wonders. Paul and Blake combine for at least 15ast per night which means Melo will be getting tons and tons of catch and shoot opportunities.

crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/21/2017  11:05 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

But do you think they'd be throwing in two first round picks and pick swaps like ekstarks was suggesting to trend the conversation in this direction?

No, but I seriously think CLee would be huge for flexibility for them - allow them to deal with lineup awkwardness better. Doesn't really need to be a first round pick, but I bet Lee would prefer to be on that type of team rather than rebuild in NY.

¿ △ ?
Melo sounds more open to a trade to the Clippers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy