[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo sounds more open to a trade to the Clippers
Author Thread
crzymdups
Posts: 52015
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/1/2004
Member: #671
USA
3/20/2017  4:08 PM
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Posts: 52015
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/1/2004
Member: #671
USA
3/20/2017  4:09 PM
LOS ANGELES — With the sun beating down in California, Carmelo Anthony happily shed his fur hat and coat and settled in for a few days at what has become his second home. And maybe wondered if it might be time to take up permanent residence here.

Anthony, who has a home here and a good friend in Clippers star Chris Paul, sounded more and more open to the possibilities that could present themselves as he winds down another disappointing season. While Paul readies for another playoff run, Anthony and the Knicks, in town for the start of a four-game road trip, are running out the string on a fourth straight season bound for the lottery.

“It makes you want to think about what’s next or what could be next, just thinking about those situations,” said Anthony, recalling the times that he was a part of the postseason, making it his first 10 years in the NBA before the Knicks stumbled into oblivion. “I always think about the times that I’ve had in the postseason, the games and experiences that I’ve had with teams. Players, the way that you’ve got to prepare for that. I think about that all the time.”

And does he wonder if it will ever happen with the Knicks after all of the rebuilds orchestrated by Phil Jackson - the latest one expected to build a contender with veteran talent brought in?

“Honestly, I think about it a lot,” Anthony said. “I try to put everything into perspective. I think about it. I think about (New York). I think postseason. I think about my teammates. I just think about everything. It’s not just one specific thing that I think about. I think about it a lot. I try to put everything into perspective. I try to hear other people’s advice, other people’s take on it. But at the end of the day it’s on me.”

It has been on Anthony really for years, since Jackson signed him to a five-year, $124.9 million contract that included one of the few no-trade clauses granted to NBA players. As the Knicks struggles have mounted, Jackson has poked and prodded at Anthony, moves that the Knicks’ star believes are designed to try to get him to waive the clause.

At the deadline this season Anthony could have considered deals to possibly join one of friends - Paul, or perhaps LeBron James in Cleveland - and be a part of the championship chase. But he seemed to dig his heels in and resist the efforts of Jackson, who he said never brought him a deal.

“No, no, no. Don’t start,” Anthony said when asked if he was thinking about joining the Clippers. “I haven’t thought about it. There was an opportunity during the deadline. There was always talk the past couple of seasons with me somehow being connected whether it was the Clippers or Lakers. I’ve somehow always been connected. At first it was the Lakers and now it’s the Clippers situation. So I try not to think about that, especially now when I’m still playing with the New York Knicks and got to go out there and prepare to play against these guys.”

Anthony did say that he has learned to love L.A., living here for seven years now.

“Yeah, I think sometimes you need to get into a new environment and feel a different type of energy and vibe and I think that’s what it’s been for us the past couple of days,” he said. “I’ve grown - over the years I’ve grown to like it. I think as you get older you start looking for places where you can kind of relax and enjoy it, you know, the family can be good. I think over the years this is, L.A. has been the place where my family feels comfortable at.”

Still, Anthony has come to the realization that his long-time insistence on finishing his career in New York just might not be realistic.

“Yeah, I think as players we always, even when I was back in Denver, I was like, ‘Man, I’m never leaving here,’” Anthony said. “You know, I want to be that guy that plays on one team for the rest of his career. But the way that the game is, the way that the business is, I think it’s highly impossible to accomplish that and the guys that do accomplish that, you know, you’ve got to take your hat off to them. A lot of things have to fall into place for that to happen.”

A quirk of the NBA schedule-makers brought not just Anthony and Paul to meet in Los Angeles, but also brought James, who was in town for four days with games against the Lakers and Clippers before heading up to Golden State.

So a chance for a summit meeting of super friends plotting the course to join forces as they have talked about in the past?

“No, unfortunately no,” he said with a smile. “We didn’t get a chance to meet up and talk like we wanted to talk - about the weather. We play tonight and we leave tonight. So no, we didn’t get a chance. Everybody’s schedule is kind of hectic. Even though everybody’s here it’s still a little hectic.”

¿ △ ?
yellowboy90
Posts: 33873
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/23/2011
Member: #3538

3/20/2017  4:28 PM
Melo is not going anywhere he will be the Knicks future President
crzymdups
Posts: 52015
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/1/2004
Member: #671
USA
3/20/2017  4:30 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Melo is not going anywhere he will be the Knicks future President

I think this summer he'll go. Four straight years missing the playoffs is a long time.

¿ △ ?
StarksEwing1
Posts: 29680
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/28/2012
Member: #4451

3/20/2017  4:32 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Melo is not going anywhere he will be the Knicks future President
That's funny but not out of the question given our owner. I truly believe part of the reason he will stay is to stick it to phil.
yellowboy90
Posts: 33873
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/23/2011
Member: #3538

3/20/2017  4:35 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Melo is not going anywhere he will be the Knicks future President
That's funny but not out of the question given our owner. I truly believe part of the reason he will stay is to stick it to phil.

I'm being serious. Melo will try to take the gm to President route until he can gain ownership money.

nixluva
Posts: 54700
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
3/20/2017  4:39 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Melo is not going anywhere he will be the Knicks future President
That's funny but not out of the question given our owner. I truly believe part of the reason he will stay is to stick it to phil.

I don't see Melo "sticking it to Phil" any longer. I think he's coming to the realization that it hurts his brand to stay in NY through a rebuilding process. 3 picks in the draft will by default lead to a rebuild and he knows it.

nyknickzingis
Posts: 22633
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/8/2015
Member: #6207

3/20/2017  4:41 PM
Melo has to be told point blank
We won't sign you in 2018
Go to a team that hasn't your bird rights and will re-up you in 2018
He can still get $20M a year from a playoff contender in 2018-2020. I can see a team like the Clippers trade for him then give him a 3 year contract extension.
fishmike
Posts: 47407
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
3/20/2017  4:43 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Melo is not going anywhere he will be the Knicks future President
That's funny but not out of the question given our owner. I truly believe part of the reason he will stay is to stick it to phil.

I'm being serious. Melo will try to take the gm to President route until he can gain ownership money.

he can try, but Dolan doesnt like anyone THAT much. Not even his "GREAT friend Isiah"
fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
crzymdups
Posts: 52015
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/1/2004
Member: #671
USA
3/20/2017  4:52 PM
fishmike wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Melo is not going anywhere he will be the Knicks future President
That's funny but not out of the question given our owner. I truly believe part of the reason he will stay is to stick it to phil.

I'm being serious. Melo will try to take the gm to President route until he can gain ownership money.

he can try, but Dolan doesnt like anyone THAT much. Not even his "GREAT friend Isiah"

There are rumblings that some in the Knicks organization are considering moving on from Phil. I have a feeling Isiah is keeping his pulse on the Garden. I would not be shocked to see Isiah at the head of the organization again at some point in the next five years. I wouldn't be happy about it... but this is Dolan we're talking about. I would not be shocked at all.

But I do think Melo is ready to move on before Phil at this point... Melo's resolve seems to be weakening. I bet he was thinking of opting out in 2018 anyway. He may look at leaving a year early to go play with CP3 as not that big a deal. He's talked for a while now about teaming up with team banana boat. Wade is free agent this summer, too. Bron is too, I believe, but I doubt he leaves Cleveland again. I could sorta see Wade and Melo going to the Clippers this summer.

¿ △ ?
BigRedDog
Posts: 21606
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 1/23/2004
Member: #569
3/20/2017  4:59 PM
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Melo is not going anywhere he will be the Knicks future President
That's funny but not out of the question given our owner. I truly believe part of the reason he will stay is to stick it to phil.

I'm being serious. Melo will try to take the gm to President route until he can gain ownership money.

he can try, but Dolan doesnt like anyone THAT much. Not even his "GREAT friend Isiah"

There are rumblings that some in the Knicks organization are considering moving on from Phil. I have a feeling Isiah is keeping his pulse on the Garden. I would not be shocked to see Isiah at the head of the organization again at some point in the next five years. I wouldn't be happy about it... but this is Dolan we're talking about. I would not be shocked at all.

But I do think Melo is ready to move on before Phil at this point... Melo's resolve seems to be weakening. I bet he was thinking of opting out in 2018 anyway. He may look at leaving a year early to go play with CP3 as not that big a deal. He's talked for a while now about teaming up with team banana boat. Wade is free agent this summer, too. Bron is too, I believe, but I doubt he leaves Cleveland again. I could sorta see Wade and Melo going to the Clippers this summer.

There is only one person that can "move on from Phil" and thats Dolan. Where have you heard that?? Fake news??? Dolan just came out and backed Phil. Enough of this crap.

Paris907
Posts: 20706
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2015
Member: #6099
USA
3/20/2017  5:00 PM
Can't see Wade and Melo as both have health issues and Balmer can risk one dropping but not both.
smackeddog
Posts: 32438
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
3/20/2017  5:02 PM
If Redick leaves (likely) and griffin goes this offseason, I'm really not sure whether that makes them more or less likely to trade for melo- Magic are also aiming to land Doc Rivers as GM/coach
crzymdups
Posts: 52015
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/1/2004
Member: #671
USA
3/20/2017  5:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/20/2017  5:02 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Melo is not going anywhere he will be the Knicks future President
That's funny but not out of the question given our owner. I truly believe part of the reason he will stay is to stick it to phil.

I'm being serious. Melo will try to take the gm to President route until he can gain ownership money.

he can try, but Dolan doesnt like anyone THAT much. Not even his "GREAT friend Isiah"

There are rumblings that some in the Knicks organization are considering moving on from Phil. I have a feeling Isiah is keeping his pulse on the Garden. I would not be shocked to see Isiah at the head of the organization again at some point in the next five years. I wouldn't be happy about it... but this is Dolan we're talking about. I would not be shocked at all.

But I do think Melo is ready to move on before Phil at this point... Melo's resolve seems to be weakening. I bet he was thinking of opting out in 2018 anyway. He may look at leaving a year early to go play with CP3 as not that big a deal. He's talked for a while now about teaming up with team banana boat. Wade is free agent this summer, too. Bron is too, I believe, but I doubt he leaves Cleveland again. I could sorta see Wade and Melo going to the Clippers this summer.

There is only one person that can "move on from Phil" and thats Dolan. Where have you heard that?? Fake news??? Dolan just came out and backed Phil. Enough of this crap.

Jackson and the Knicks have a mutual option after this season, and owner James Dolan has said that he will honor the final two years of Jackson's contract. But some around Dolan had been pushing him to consider making a change in recent months, according to sources.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18941092/nba-unhappy-anniversary-tidings-phil-jackson-three-years-new-york

¿ △ ?
Paris907
Posts: 20706
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2015
Member: #6099
USA
3/20/2017  5:04 PM
If Melo is open to leaving I'm willing to help him pack.
Knixkik
Posts: 28332
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
3/20/2017  5:10 PM
I think it's time. Just send him to LAC for Austin Rivers, who's a very solid young guy who can shoot and play both guard positions, and move on. We can probably get a couple extra pieces, 2nd round picks, etc. We certainly won't be worse off. I can almost guarantee we win as many games or more next year without Rose and Melo, simply by the growth of KP and playing a faster, more unselfish style. Ball movement and improved defense alone will win games.
Nalod
Posts: 53938
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
3/20/2017  5:13 PM
I wonder who "Some" are?
"IN Recent Months".....
But dolan a few weeks ago said he'd honor the deal, which means he won't fire him.
.......As for Melo, he needs a change. Basically he would do well to walk into a ready made scenario that has a window similar to his.
They need trade assets to make it work.
Anger sells, don't buy!
newyorknewyork
Posts: 26898
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
3/20/2017  5:34 PM
It's a no brainer for all sides included. Clippers are stuck where they are at and have a limited window. Melo is the only guy they could get with what they have to offer. In terms of future picks Knicks can pull in something solid if done right. Melo can contender with Paul Blake Jordan Reddick. Knicks can have KP, this years lotto pick, next yr lotto pick. And possibly lotto picks from Clipps regardless if we start to improve or not around 2021, 2022.
StarksEwing1
Posts: 29680
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/28/2012
Member: #4451

3/20/2017  5:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/20/2017  5:36 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:It's a no brainer for all sides included. Clippers are stuck where they are at and have a limited window. Melo is the only guy they could get with what they have to offer. In terms of future picks Knicks can pull in something solid if done right. Melo can contender with Paul Blake Jordan Reddick. Knicks can have KP, this years lotto pick, next yr lotto pick. And possibly lotto picks from Clipps regardless if we start to improve or not around 2021, 2022.
I have no problem taking future picks. Chances are next year will be another tough year which is fine as long as we keep getting good young talent and building around that core
EnySpree
Posts: 43540
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

3/20/2017  5:46 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:It's a no brainer for all sides included. Clippers are stuck where they are at and have a limited window. Melo is the only guy they could get with what they have to offer. In terms of future picks Knicks can pull in something solid if done right. Melo can contender with Paul Blake Jordan Reddick. Knicks can have KP, this years lotto pick, next yr lotto pick. And possibly lotto picks from Clipps regardless if we start to improve or not around 2021, 2022.

This is all I care about.... I'm reading the comments above and it's nothing basketball related... drama about Phil and Dolan. Melo sticking it to Phil... it's like cone on now. Melo needs to go to a ready made team where he doesn't have to do anything but shoot his shot all day. The Knicks are in a rebuild/youth movement. It's what needs to happen.

You know why I'm here....
Melo sounds more open to a trade to the Clippers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.