[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

TankThread: Late night game in LA
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/20/2017  11:38 PM
NardDogNation wrote:Kristaps hustling back on defense at 3:02 the way he did is a good sign of character. Shows he still cares about winning even though they are down and the season lost. I've been worried that all this losing, drama and poor culture might effect his mindset but little stuff like that keeps me optimistic that he's unphased by it all.

He's been terrible defensively tonight

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

3/20/2017  11:39 PM
crzymdups wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Baker looks overmatched out there tonight. Would like to see more Randle.

I disagree about hik being overmatched but if so, it's all the more reason to leave him out there. He needs the experience to figure out how to deal with ball pressure and trapping. It's not like we should be looking to win this game anyway.

Yeah, I'd just rather see Randle out there getting those reps, hoenstly. I think Randle has more potential to stick on the roster in future years.

I gotta be honest, if Melo finally decides to waive his NTC; Ron Baker will be my backup 2 guard and Chasson my backup PG. We gain nothing by signing some stopgap that will keep them on the bench. We shouldn't be looking to win and if we aren't trying to win in 2018, we should be looking to develop guys like Baker and Randle who look like they could become legit bench players.

nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

NardDogNation wrote:Kristaps hustling back on defense at 3:02 the way he did is a good sign of character. Shows he still cares about winning even though they are down and the season lost. I've been worried that all this losing, drama and poor culture might effect his mindset but little stuff like that keeps me optimistic that he's unphased by it all.

He's super confident and competitive
Good for him because I think we are in the lotto next season as well
NardDogNation

BRIGGS wrote:

He's been terrible defensively tonight

The effort still counts for something.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/20/2017  11:43 PM
Griffin and Jordan beating the Knicks big men down the court many times for open dunks and layups.
¿ △ ?
NardDogNation

3/20/2017  11:47 PM
Derrick Rose is a jackass. He pounded the ball until 7 seconds left on the shot clock and then kicks to a contested jumper. That is not winning basketball and a dickhead move. If you're going to produce a last second, low percentafe shot at least go ahead and take it yourself. Don't let your teammate get stuck with the hot potato.
crzymdups
USA
3/20/2017  11:50 PM
¿ △ ?
holfresh
Member: #1081

3/20/2017  11:51 PM
NardDogNation wrote:Derrick Rose is a jackass. He pounded the ball until 7 seconds left on the shot clock and then kicks to a contested jumper. That is not winning basketball and a dickhead move. If you're going to produce a last second, low percentafe shot at least go ahead and take it yourself. Don't let your teammate get stuck with the hot potato.

What??

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/20/2017  11:53 PM
crzymdups wrote:Griffin and Jordan beating the Knicks big men down the court many times for open dunks and layups.

Kids have to learn to hustle all the time but on the other hand KP 10/6 and Willy 8/6 in the 1st half is pretty good. Hopefully they keep gaining confidence and lessons from these games.

crzymdups
USA
3/20/2017  11:53 PM
NardDogNation wrote:Derrick Rose is a jackass. He pounded the ball until 7 seconds left on the shot clock and then kicks to a contested jumper. That is not winning basketball and a dickhead move. If you're going to produce a last second, low percentafe shot at least go ahead and take it yourself. Don't let your teammate get stuck with the hot potato.

I think he just honestly doesn't understand how to pass the ball to create better shots for people. He just has no court vision. Which is insane for a guy who's played the point guard as a pro for nine years... but that's what it seems like.

¿ △ ?
holfresh

3/20/2017  11:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/20/2017  11:54 PM
crzymdups wrote:

It's true..Been saying it all year..Run Melo thru pick and rolls at the top of the key..Should be a staple of the offense..

But as a side note..Begley think it's funny mentioning Melo as a passer..This is why I can't take these guys seriously..They know nothing about the game...They went to school to learn to write..

nixluva
USA
3/20/2017  11:58 PM
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

It's true..Been saying it all year..Run Melo thru pick and rolls at the top of the key..Should be a staple of the offense..

But as a side note..Begley think it's funny mentioning Melo as a passer..This is why I can't take these guys seriously..They know nothing about the game...They went to school to learn to write..

Melo has always been a great PnR ball handler but it just isn't something he's wanted to do. He even acknowledged he was told it was his most efficient offense but once the season starts he ends up posting more than anything else.

crzymdups
USA
3/21/2017  12:00 AM
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I didn't get the sense he thought it was funny. I think it was in relation to running the Triangle vs mixing it up -

I remember when the Knicks were playing well under Fisher, they'd start in the Triangle, but often in the 4th Fisher would use Melo and Rolo in a 4/5 pick and roll at the top of the key and it led to easy buckets for Rolo or Melo.

I think Fisher was a pretty good coach. It's a shame it didn't work out here. I think he would have been a better coach for this team, honestly. Obviously we don't know everything that happened behind the scenes, but I think this season would've gone much differently if he were still coaching.

¿ △ ?
holfresh

3/21/2017  12:02 AM
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Melo has always been a great PnR ball handler but it just isn't something he's wanted to do. He even acknowledged he was told it was his most efficient offense but once the season starts he ends up posting more than anything else.

Who says he doesn't want to run it??..And don't tell me he resisted MDA like you tell others..MDA had Melo standing in the corner shooting threes, not running to point as you and others claim..

crzymdups
USA
3/21/2017  12:04 AM
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

He ran it under Fisher.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
3/21/2017  12:08 AM
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Who says he doesn't want to run it??..And don't tell me he resisted MDA like you tell others..MDA had Melo standing in the corner shooting threes, not running to point as you and others claim..

You keep on believing what you want but you're wrong. As for Melo running more PnR it's always there for him to do! More than any other player Melo operates the most with the ball and can call for a pick anytime he wants. He's also often in the Pinch Post 2 man game which is always an opportunity for a PnR. Go check on his yearly touches as a PnR Ballhandler relative to other touches.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/21/2017  12:11 AM
Melo waited until his legs was nearly gone to run PnR. He should've been given the green light as a younster in Denver but instead Karl was trying to make Smith into his back up pg the first couple of years. Me lo is a good PnR ball handler and was a sneaky good pnr roll man but he rarely did it. He stayed in his comfort zone and that cost him his efficiency and probably added more pounding on his body which took some of his explosiveness away.
crzymdups
USA
3/21/2017  12:13 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:Melo waited until his legs was nearly gone to run PnR. He should've been given the green light as a younster in Denver but instead Karl was trying to make Smith into his back up pg the first couple of years. Me lo is a good PnR ball handler and was a sneaky good pnr roll man but he rarely did it. He stayed in his comfort zone and that cost him his efficiency and probably added more pounding on his body which took some of his explosiveness away.

He certainly didn't do it under MDA... I didn't follow the Denver years as closely. But he did run it under Fisher.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
3/21/2017  12:14 AM
The tank has been engaged.
¿ △ ?
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/21/2017  12:16 AM
Im seriously trying to figure why is KP/willy on the floor together, are we trying to defied all odds, CP3 just shooting right of willy cause he cant get there in time..lol
ES
TankThread: Late night game in LA

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy