[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How frustrated are you with the Knicks
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/21/2017  6:46 AM
Frustrated? That so 2005! I'm numb to the team now.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/21/2017  8:45 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:I was very upset up until a month ago about all the losses. I hated how Melo and Rose were playing. High usage and low passing percentage, iso heavy ball. I hated how everyone, KP included, played on defense.

Now? It's looking like a blessing in disguise. We may be in position to draft a core player, like we already have in KP and Willy. Knicks may actually finally rebuild and within a few months time, may have 3 or 4 really good young players 23 and younger. Which would be the first time in forever that happened.

I tend to have bias to go for a 2 guard or point, more than any other talent in the draft. We need a ballhandling guard who can complement KP and Willy over the next few years. I don't know how good that kid from France will be, or Dennis Smith, or how good Monk is, or others. I'm not that kind of scout. I just hope that we land one of those guards, those ballhandling guards. Phil had it right with getting Jerian, KP and Willy all in one draft. We gotta get a much much better ballhandling guard than Jerian to get this longterm rebuild headed in the right direction. With Lee, Thomas, O'Quinn, Holiday, Baker. We have enough role players that can complement a big 3 of an attacking guard, KP and Willy, I can live with that for next season even if that team is in the lottery again - guess what we have the pick again.

KP and Willy cant be the 4-5 starters--wont work.
They are simply not fast enough--you need to improve speed and athleti8c ability from that 4 slot so they guy can get out on shooters. We need a LOT of players. We did have a vet team here--so maybe the W=L are masked even worse than we think. You want to say Willy G can be used as the 4-5 back up--we can work with that. They(Knicks management) are still going to be gung ho on Noah) we have a LOT of trouble--we need pick #1 so the thought process is lessened.

It will work just fine.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

3/21/2017  8:57 AM
mattydiesel15 wrote:I have been frustrated with their terrible play and shared my frustration in my latest article and video that was done for Elite Sports NY. You can find the video and story below, but I am interested in hearing your guys take on the Knicks do you guys agree with me?

I am not frustrated. I realized when Jeremy Lin was here and D'Antoni was here, that was the last time this team played legit team basketball. And losing Lin was a move that backfired horribly, over and over again ( Rose, Calderon, "Fat Guy With A Gun Problem", etc, etc)

I said this years ago, and of course nixluva said I was wrong, that once the Knicks embrace a true full on committed rebuild, then the clock starts ticking. That with hard work, luck and patience, the Knicks could be a consistent playoff threat in five years time. They could be a consistent playoff team now, just would have needed to trade Melo right after Linsanity. Tank and rebuild the roster around Lin until more blue chip talent could come in through the draft process.

To me, this timetable doesn't change until Melo is off the roster. So if Melo just wants to rot here for two years, then after those two years, it would take another 5, IF and it's a huge IF, the Knicks simply committed to a true rebuild done the right way.

You don't fix all your problems overnight. It takes time. If you don't expect anything, you never get disappointed. For guys who see the Knicks in an unrealistic tone, outside the bounds of how the NBA marketplace actually operates, how team building is limited in the new CBA and given the actual scarcity of talent in this format, I think they will be upset at how things turn out. I think once you come to terms how the marketplace actually operates, then it's not frustrating. It's simply making an assessment of what works and what does not.

This could be a long 7 year wait. People can tell me I'm wrong, but people have told me I'm wrong here before and look how that all panned out.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/21/2017  9:03 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
mattydiesel15 wrote:I have been frustrated with their terrible play and shared my frustration in my latest article and video that was done for Elite Sports NY. You can find the video and story below, but I am interested in hearing your guys take on the Knicks do you guys agree with me?

I am not frustrated. I realized when Jeremy Lin was here and D'Antoni was here, that was the last time this team played legit team basketball. And losing Lin was a move that backfired horribly, over and over again ( Rose, Calderon, "Fat Guy With A Gun Problem", etc, etc)

I said this years ago, and of course nixluva said I was wrong, that once the Knicks embrace a true full on committed rebuild, then the clock starts ticking. That with hard work, luck and patience, the Knicks could be a consistent playoff threat in five years time. They could be a consistent playoff team now, just would have needed to trade Melo right after Linsanity. Tank and rebuild the roster around Lin until more blue chip talent could come in through the draft process.

To me, this timetable doesn't change until Melo is off the roster. So if Melo just wants to rot here for two years, then after those two years, it would take another 5, IF and it's a huge IF, the Knicks simply committed to a true rebuild done the right way.

You don't fix all your problems overnight. It takes time. If you don't expect anything, you never get disappointed. For guys who see the Knicks in an unrealistic tone, outside the bounds of how the NBA marketplace actually operates, how team building is limited in the new CBA and given the actual scarcity of talent in this format, I think they will be upset at how things turn out. I think once you come to terms how the marketplace actually operates, then it's not frustrating. It's simply making an assessment of what works and what does not.

This could be a long 7 year wait. People can tell me I'm wrong, but people have told me I'm wrong here before and look how that all panned out.

it could be 5 years. It depends on the draft. What really hurt was missing 2 first rounders the last 3 years. Had we had those any rebuilding would look better. Still we have added KP and Willy with Melo here and should be able to add another core building block in this draft.

Knicks will move Melo this offseason. Its a given. Phil is down on him. Coach is down on him and Doc Rivers just said "any of those deals reported in the papers.. we would have made those deals."

So expect Austin Rivers here next year and Melo to be a Clipper.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

3/21/2017  10:56 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:Frustrated? That so 2005! I'm numb to the team now.

My sentiments exactly. I've watched only one quarter of a game this season (the one where Baker took over the fourth quarter and the Knicks got a win), and a few minutes here and there of a very few other games. Only a couple of years ago, I was regularly watching 60/70 games a season. I still read the stuff on here, and post from time to time, but that has more to do with the community here than it has to do with the Knicks to be honest. Thanks to Martin and Andrew again for developing that.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/21/2017  4:55 PM
Knicks are not entertaining from the bbal perspective... and for a long time already.
A lot of off-court stuff and drama and such.
My expectations are close to 0. But not negative any more.
The things have some probability to get better.
Will it materialize? We will find out in year or 2.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
90sKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6452

3/21/2017  5:00 PM
magicTs wrote:
Have you looked at our schedule?????

How in the name of God do you think we are going to win 5,6,7 or 8 games. If we win more than 2 more I'll be amazed and extremely pissed. If we lose every game and maybe even go 1-12 only the Nets, Lakers and Suns will have a worse record than us. Given the respective schedules I'll be annoyed if we aren't the 4th worse team now.

During their downfall they have beaten the Spurs, Celtics, and Pacers twice. This team is capable of anything. I just close my eyes and give thanks after every loss.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/21/2017  5:02 PM
Pretty damn frustrated.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/21/2017  5:04 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Pretty damn frustrated.

Same. But more optimistic because we have a draft pick. If there was no draft pick this year, I'd be close to done.

(And for the Phil acolytes, no he couldn't trade this pick anyway since the 2016 pick was already traded, so I don't have to thank Phil.)

¿ △ ?
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
3/22/2017  12:50 AM
If we can get on the top four I would be thrilled. The two PG's would be amazing but the two top SF's would be almost just as well. Start the the SF and put Melo at PF once and for all, if we still have him. Maybe sign Jrue or just roll with the youngens. I think we can at least compete for middle of the playoff pack in the east with that plus our bench and role players we have now. Can't wait to see what Willy is doing after a legit NBA offseason. Also KP and staff know what he needs to improve specifically this offseason. I think we have a lot to be excited about.
stopstandthere
Member: #6004

3/22/2017  2:01 AM
I am not frustrated since at the beginning of the season I had a feeling that even we have a good start our Knicks will back to its old shelves in the middle of the road, like the past seasons. I have a defensive mind set towards my lovable team.
stopstandthere

3/22/2017  2:06 AM
TripleThreat wrote:

Theorically that is truely right but after we see what Philly has been doing I am not optimistic towards a true rebuild.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/22/2017  2:09 AM
Pretty frustrated
stopstandthere

3/22/2017  2:13 AM
Pretty sure Oakley is frustrated.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/22/2017  2:38 AM
fishmike wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

it could be 5 years. It depends on the draft. What really hurt was missing 2 first rounders the last 3 years. Had we had those any rebuilding would look better. Still we have added KP and Willy with Melo here and should be able to add another core building block in this draft.

Knicks will move Melo this offseason. Its a given. Phil is down on him. Coach is down on him and Doc Rivers just said "any of those deals reported in the papers.. we would have made those deals."

So expect Austin Rivers here next year and Melo to be a Clipper.

The KP Draft starts the clock on the future of the team. It's always supposed to be that way when you draft a top 5 pick. Sometimes you swing and miss but the goal is to get a future building block to start a future new core.

We got KP and Willy which somewhat made up for not having picks each year. This coming draft is crucial to any efforts to continue building a new core. It's one thing to be frustrated but to not acknowledge the opportunity that this summer could provide this team is strange to me!

We've been dying for a real rebuild for a long time and this is the closest we've been. We can use all the positive vibes and luck there is to hit a home run and maybe some triples in this draft. We have a chance at another STUD and some athletic players that actually will play with pride and enthusiasm for being New York Knicks!!!

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
3/22/2017  9:41 AM
Huuugely frustrated!

this summer is key. (that sounds familiar!)

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/22/2017  10:02 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Huuugely frustrated!

this summer is key. (that sounds familiar!)

Definitely a broken record..

ES
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/22/2017  10:21 AM
Losing games really sucks. Alot.
Frustrating? Sure is.

But it isn't nearly as bad as reading and listening to the self-entitled beeyatch endlessly about tanking day after day.

Funny, a few months ago, before everything went south so fast, tanking was akin to cutting your meat off because you're not effing a supermodel.
Now, of course, tanking is exactly like effing a supermodel, it's just you're only doing it in your mind for the next 5 or 7 years... which is actually the same as... still thinking about Linsanity... which, by the way, doesn't include any thoughts of being in the playoffs... but why bring that up? AGAIN...

Oh to be a Sixers fan! June is always sooooo exciting! Every single summer! We need to seriously suck for 5-7 years so that we can become seriously mediocre! And all our fabulously exciting first rounders are playing somewhere else, or sitting the bench, or waiting to be traded! That's the real NBA!

Gudris
Member: #6213

3/22/2017  10:44 AM
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/22/2017  11:08 AM
jrodmc wrote:Losing games really sucks. Alot.
Frustrating? Sure is.

But it isn't nearly as bad as reading and listening to the self-entitled beeyatch endlessly about tanking day after day.

Funny, a few months ago, before everything went south so fast, tanking was akin to cutting your meat off because you're not effing a supermodel.
Now, of course, tanking is exactly like effing a supermodel, it's just you're only doing it in your mind for the next 5 or 7 years... which is actually the same as... still thinking about Linsanity... which, by the way, doesn't include any thoughts of being in the playoffs... but why bring that up? AGAIN...

Oh to be a Sixers fan! June is always sooooo exciting! Every single summer! We need to seriously suck for 5-7 years so that we can become seriously mediocre! And all our fabulously exciting first rounders are playing somewhere else, or sitting the bench, or waiting to be traded! That's the real NBA!

Dude we tried it the other way and now all we have are aging former Stars and some promising kids!!! Circumstances have changed since the start of the season and thank God we have picks in this draft!!!
I don't know what you propose this franchise should do but it seems logical to see what we can get out of the draft. Maybe we get lucky and draft a true STUD that can move the needle in the right direction. What's the problem with that?

How frustrated are you with the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy