[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The pro Rose Moment to open our minds a second.....
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/19/2017  9:39 AM
Im posting, which I took for the UK home page not because I believe it, or somehow expect to change anyones opinion but to MAYBE understand what Phil was envisioning when he bought in DRose.

Knicks and its fans are notoriously impatient. I have an open mind to DRose only because of this.
http://dailyknicks.com/2017/03/18/new-york-knicks-patience-derrick-rose/
In not that impressionable that one article can change my mind and its not like I'm preaching "Tolerance".
Internally knicks have to be both happy at his physical recovery. Its evident he wants to be near his family and resistant to the triangle. He might be resistant to many other offenses as well.

AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

3/19/2017  9:53 AM
Rose is what he is at this point. Its not about impatience...its clear he isnt a true point pg and that is what we need. I admit i was never a Rose fan but i gave him a chance and it didnt work. I mean baker and randle have run the offense better IMO. The only reason i want Rose to play at this point is because he helps our draft position and then he will be gone
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

3/19/2017  10:33 AM
How many ball dominant scorers that give zero effort on defense can you play together in a starting 5 line up? Maybe 8-12M 6th man providing scoring off the bench 18-20 min a game Rose would work here, but that ain't never going to happen at this stage of his career. He's only 28 and not ready for the back up role. Some team that has trouble attracting FA's will max him, hope it's not the Knicks.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/19/2017  10:36 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Rose is what he is at this point. Its not about impatience...its clear he isnt a true point pg and that is what we need. I admit i was never a Rose fan but i gave him a chance and it didnt work. I mean baker and randle have run the offense better IMO. The only reason i want Rose to play at this point is because he helps our draft position and then he will be gone

Yeah, it's a weak article. It's just saying in theory he might be a great player again some day. I'm not giving him $20 mil per season off of that theory.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/19/2017  10:40 AM
The Knicks cannot keep overlooking the importance of defense. While the team is scoring more their defense has suffered. Rose doesn't provide the balance needed to succeed. Same with Melo can't keep this trend going continuously.

I hope Phil lets Rose walk gives the ball to Randle and not look back. Names do not always equate to winning. As for Melo hope Phil can get him moved need to get athletic there are players in this draft that will and can develop to be good players. Let's hope Phil can do this for the future of the franchise.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/19/2017  10:46 AM
If he was on a rookie contract sure. But for the price he is said to want nah.

Its not necessarily that we need a pure PG. But we need players that contribute to winning without being ball dominant. You can find instant offense players to plug in and fill the scoring void. Lou Williams brings what Rose does the table at a cheaper price and does it more efficiently.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/19/2017  11:27 AM
Yeah I have been shocked by how little Rose actually impacts how the Knicks play! He's scoring well but when he doesn't have the ball he's hurting the team. We can pay far less for a player that can do more than score. Lower usage guards that can defend, pass, catch and shoot from 3 would be preferable.

Rose has been consistent in his personal production and some team may want that but he's a non-factor for this team! I hope Phil sees this and let's Rose walk.

Bonn1997
USA
3/19/2017  12:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/19/2017  12:04 PM
nixluva wrote:Yeah I have been shocked by how little Rose actually impacts how the Knicks play! He's scoring well but when he doesn't have the ball he's hurting the team. We can pay far less for a player that can do more than score. Lower usage guards that can defend, pass, catch and shoot from 3 would be preferable.

Rose has been consistent in his personal production and some team may want that but he's a non-factor for this team! I hope Phil sees this and let's Rose walk.

I think Rose is going to be humbled by how little teams are willing to pay him. Maybe he'd come back here on a small contract to be a bench player. That's the only way he could stay IMO. You definitely can't give him anything approaching an 8 figure annual salary. If some team offers him that, all I could say to him is don't let the door hit ya on the way out.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/19/2017  12:45 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Yeah I have been shocked by how little Rose actually impacts how the Knicks play! He's scoring well but when he doesn't have the ball he's hurting the team. We can pay far less for a player that can do more than score. Lower usage guards that can defend, pass, catch and shoot from 3 would be preferable.

I think Rose is going to be humbled by how little teams are willing to pay him. Maybe he'd come back here on a small contract to be a bench player. That's the only way he could stay IMO. You definitely can't give him anything approaching an 8 figure annual salary. If some team offers him that, all I could say to him is don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

Really, did that work for Melo? Rose has a different philosophy? We'd be lucky to get out of his contract and not give him an NTC as well.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
VCoug
Member: #1406

3/19/2017  12:49 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Really, did that work for Melo? Rose has a different philosophy? We'd be lucky to get out of his contract and not give him an NTC as well.

Totally different. Melo was getting max offers from other teams including Chicago, Houston, and LAL. No one's going to come close to that for Rose.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/19/2017  1:32 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:

I think he will go the way of Rondo, but like Rondo won't be humbled by the experience

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/19/2017  2:40 PM
Good balanced article.
http://nypost.com/2017/03/18/next-rondo-execs-guess-derrick-roses-free-agency-future/
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/19/2017  7:16 PM
I find the daily Knicks articles all fluff click bait garbage. Don't even read them anymore.
LivingLegend
Member: #1645

3/19/2017  7:18 PM
I'm no fan of Rose but if Melo blesses us by leaving -- Rose could make some sense on a short low-cost deal just in terms of having someone around who can get to the basket.

I tend to think a large portion of our problem this year was the Melo/Rose combo.

Ideally we could sign-trade Rose to Minny for Rubio and clear the ball dominant...don't want to run triangle players off the squad completely.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/19/2017  7:22 PM
I think I'd rather re-sign Wroten.
[:-)]
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/19/2017  8:22 PM
I'm not a Rose fan but if all he gets is $15M per and a 2 or 3 year deal, one should consider it.
VCoug
Member: #1406

3/19/2017  9:15 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I'm not a Rose fan but if all he gets is $15M per and a 2 or 3 year deal, one should consider it.

No, we shouldn't at all. Rose is terrible and nothing he's done this year shows anything else. The only thing he has is a good first step; he doesn't finish well, he's a terrible distributor, a terrible shooter, and a terrible defender. And, he clearly hurting KP's development.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

3/20/2017  12:03 AM
Nalod wrote:In not that impressionable that one article can change my mind and its not like I'm preaching "Tolerance".

Imagine you had a daughter, who was a young adult, and she brought home a boy she was clearly thinking about marrying.

Kid didn't bring a small gesture gift, didn't have a firm handshake, didn't look you in the eye, was rude, didn't shine his shoes, had poor table manners, chewed with his mouth open, wiped his mouth on his sleeve, licked his plate and was generally a douchebag with no social grace.

If the guy just came from the jungle, like in a movie. Well, OK, he's ignorant.

But if the guy grew up in a civilized society, it just means he just doesn't give a f**k.

If Steve Novak can't play defense, it's because Novak has no ability to play NBA average level defense. You could stick a gun to his head and it's not within his actual ability.

Derrick Rose has the ability to play real team ball and be a true team player. He just doesn't care. He's the douchebag that will lick his plate at your dinner table because he doesn't care about anything other than himself. You want your daughter to "marry" that worthless POS?

So why should the Knicks "marry" into a player like this?

Rose just decided to not show up for a game. He just decided, f**k it, I'm not going to be there. What does that say when you invite that kind of scum back to dinner again?

It says

- It's cool to disrespect me
- I have no standards
- Please abuse me all you want
- You can f**k my daughter and impregnate her and not have any accountability at all
- The problem must be with me, not with you, nothing is ever your fault

This is maybe the only area where those POS arrogant insufferable Boston fans have a point. You show up to dinner and you put your feet up on their dinner table, you are going to get both barrels of a shotgun emptied into your face.

Resigning Derrick Rose is about the same as cooking a guy a steak after he raped your daughter and burned your house down and took a big fat **** on your face.

If Rose deserved to wear a Knicks jersey, he would have acted like it. If he wanted to wear a Knicks jersey, he would have treated it with dignity, honor and respect, win or lose.

Never listen to what people say, who cares what Rose says in an interview, watch what they do. Watching what people do is all the truth you'll ever need.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/20/2017  5:21 AM
Rose just doesn't fit what we want to do... his style does fit Milwaukee. They want Giannis running the point from the foreard spot. Rose doesn't run the point at all he's just a power guard looking to get to the basket. Make sense for them. They don't really run an offense. They are just trying to power guys down. Its perfect for them.

The Knicks could help facilitate that with a sign and trade. I haven't really looked at salary, but I'm not a fan of any of the Buck players.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
USA
3/20/2017  7:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/20/2017  7:33 AM
VCoug wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:I'm not a Rose fan but if all he gets is $15M per and a 2 or 3 year deal, one should consider it.

No, we shouldn't at all. Rose is terrible and nothing he's done this year shows anything else. The only thing he has is a good first step; he doesn't finish well, he's a terrible distributor, a terrible shooter, and a terrible defender. And, he clearly hurting KP's development.

Yeah, OMG that's a terrible way to spend $15 mil per IMO. I'm not sure I'd want him back under any circumstances. But if he gets rejected by all other teams and is willing to come here for like $5 mil per, that's something I'd consider. I'm fine with losing him for nothing though.
The pro Rose Moment to open our minds a second.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy