Author Thread
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/16/2017  11:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/16/2017  11:56 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
martin wrote:

lol but it's a complete joke that the organization is not smart enough to know that it should tank but still is by playing the vets!

You forget the six man...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
3/16/2017  11:57 PM
franco12 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Hornachek had a great look at what the Nets do just a game ago.
Yet I saw no changes or adjustments on defense
That I definitely agree with -no one in the media or fan base complaining about Hornacheks poor defensive coaching this year. Blame Rambis, but final call is on Horny as well. He doesn't make many adjustments during the game.

I would not be surprised if Hornacek wants to get fired. I don't think he wants any part of this franchise and situation next year!

I think he's going to play Melo and Rose just to make it clear they don't lead to winning. They've been given plenty of time to show something and as the Vet stars on the team they must lead the way. They haven't done that. They can score but really this team needs more.

I think Hornacek is looking forward to next season and possibly more young talent that will actually listen and execute what he's asking them to do.

arkrud
Member: #995
USA
3/17/2017  12:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/17/2017  12:03 AM
nixluva wrote:
franco12 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Hornachek had a great look at what the Nets do just a game ago.
Yet I saw no changes or adjustments on defense
That I definitely agree with -no one in the media or fan base complaining about Hornacheks poor defensive coaching this year. Blame Rambis, but final call is on Horny as well. He doesn't make many adjustments during the game.

I would not be surprised if Hornacek wants to get fired. I don't think he wants any part of this franchise and situation next year!

I think he's going to play Melo and Rose just to make it clear they don't lead to winning. They've been given plenty of time to show something and as the Vet stars on the team they must lead the way. They haven't done that. They can score but really this team needs more.

I think Hornacek is looking forward to next season and possibly more young talent that will actually listen and execute what he's asking them to do.

We have to maintain the value of Rose and Melo as high as possible so they need to play and produce numbers.
Team can shot them down as soon as we will be mathematically eliminated.
This will be understandable across NBA and will not hurt their averages.
However this may hit the attendance, casual fans relationship, and worth of can lead to winning games which is bad for the tank...
So not an easy choice...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/17/2017  4:08 AM
Phew- this cancels out the pacers win, schedule is brutal the rest of the way! Plus is serves Hornacek right to try to win a and still lose, but with added humiliation!

Clips
Jazz
Blazers
Spurs
Pistons
Heat x 2
Celtics
Bulls (will be tanking)
Wizards
Grizzlies
Raptors
Sixers (may be a tank game for the ages if we're tied)

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/17/2017  8:22 AM
Knicks drop to 6th worse.

Just keeping running Melo/Rose out there to shoot it 40x a game and hello Lonzo Ball!

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Member: #303
3/17/2017  10:30 AM
smackeddog wrote:Phew- this cancels out the pacers win, schedule is brutal the rest of the way! Plus is serves Hornacek right to try to win a and still lose, but with added humiliation!

Clips
Jazz
Blazers
Spurs
Pistons
Heat x 2
Celtics
Bulls (will be tanking)
Wizards
Grizzlies
Raptors

Melo talked last night about minute restriction or not even playing. You're right --we have a very tough schedule--you're looking at 3-10 at best.

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/17/2017  11:14 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Phew- this cancels out the pacers win, schedule is brutal the rest of the way! Plus is serves Hornacek right to try to win a and still lose, but with added humiliation!

Clips
Jazz
Blazers
Spurs
Pistons
Heat x 2
Celtics
Bulls (will be tanking)
Wizards
Grizzlies
Raptors

Melo talked last night about minute restriction or not even playing. You're right --we have a very tough schedule--you're looking at 3-10 at best.

if there was a real disaster it would be if Melo got hurt and we couldnt trade him. However less Melo means more Lance, Willy, Holiday... we would probably win a few more games. Ideal is to run Rose/Melo out every night and let them shoot it 40x to fluff up their numbers
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/17/2017  10:28 PM
martin wrote:

KP gets killed early in this "movie" based on how he looks in that head shot... Just saying.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
TankThread: Can we do it again v Nets

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy