[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The more I think about it, the more I believe Josh Jackson is the guy we have to get in this draft.
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/14/2017  8:54 AM
fishmike wrote:crzymdups I think its just a weird fan thing. If you asked me who the best player was its Fultz, there is just no way around it. But if we pick 2-3 I think its Ball or Jackson and those are my 2 darlings. Ball is #1. His father is a whacko but not as bad as some would think, and he raised his kid to make other players better... literally. I think that is a Jason Kidd caliber player and if he's healthy eventually becomes a Ewing type of 2nd round for 10 years franchise guy. You add Ball to Willy and KP and you have a core you can really start to build around. Funny... Lance/Noah/Lee are the perfect defensive vet types to put around those guys. That is my dream to be honest. I would take him #1. Hard to pass on Fultz but a guy who's literally been raised to be a leader and make others better in a body with Ball's talent my god... I have to roll with that. Jackson I view less as that leader type, but he could really be another star wing... PG, Lenard, Kris Middleton... one of those great 2-way wing guys who defend everyone out there and kill you on offense. Jackson really has that kind of vibe for sure!

Even if we dont move up there will be very good players. Boy if we could drop to that 5th spot I would feel pretty good about my chances! Seems the best thing is to just run Melo/Rose out there for 40 a night

Yeah, you know I agree that Lonzo Ball is probably the most transformative pick in the draft. Fultz... he scares me. How is that team 9-22 with the #1 pick in the draft? Get some negative vibes from him... could see him being a D'Angelo Russell type... stats are there, but kinda empty. Lonzo is a winner, that's for sure. I think he can be a cross between Kidd and Curry - not as good as either, but with pieces of each of their game in his. The game is built for a dude like him to succeed now.

I just assume the Knicks won't be getting the #1 pick... wouldn't say no to Ball if we did.

That said, picking third seems somehow more realistic... and I just see Josh Jackson fitting what Phil wants to do to a T. I see that frontline of KP and Jackson being as good as Towns/Wiggins or even better for the next 12 years. We'd still need a PG... but maybe not such a transformative playmaker there. And really, the △ doesn't really call for one anyway. The △ has been much better served by playmaking wings like Pippen, Odom, etc, and I see Jackson in that mold. I think Iguodala is a good comp - just a smart, heady player who moves the ball, defends, and helps the team win.

If we had Jackson on this year's Knicks team, I think we'd win 10 more games, easy.

That said, even with Ball's father around, I'd be psyched if we got that kid, too. Josh Jackson is just my favorite option.

Assuming we don't pick #1, my favorites are:

1) Josh Jackson - in the 2-4 range
2) De'Aaron Fox in the 5-8 range
3) Frank Ntilikina in the 7-10 range

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/14/2017  9:05 AM
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:crzymdups I think its just a weird fan thing. If you asked me who the best player was its Fultz, there is just no way around it. But if we pick 2-3 I think its Ball or Jackson and those are my 2 darlings. Ball is #1. His father is a whacko but not as bad as some would think, and he raised his kid to make other players better... literally. I think that is a Jason Kidd caliber player and if he's healthy eventually becomes a Ewing type of 2nd round for 10 years franchise guy. You add Ball to Willy and KP and you have a core you can really start to build around. Funny... Lance/Noah/Lee are the perfect defensive vet types to put around those guys. That is my dream to be honest. I would take him #1. Hard to pass on Fultz but a guy who's literally been raised to be a leader and make others better in a body with Ball's talent my god... I have to roll with that. Jackson I view less as that leader type, but he could really be another star wing... PG, Lenard, Kris Middleton... one of those great 2-way wing guys who defend everyone out there and kill you on offense. Jackson really has that kind of vibe for sure!

Even if we dont move up there will be very good players. Boy if we could drop to that 5th spot I would feel pretty good about my chances! Seems the best thing is to just run Melo/Rose out there for 40 a night

Yeah, you know I agree that Lonzo Ball is probably the most transformative pick in the draft. Fultz... he scares me. How is that team 9-22 with the #1 pick in the draft? Get some negative vibes from him... could see him being a D'Angelo Russell type... stats are there, but kinda empty. Lonzo is a winner, that's for sure. I think he can be a cross between Kidd and Curry - not as good as either, but with pieces of each of their game in his. The game is built for a dude like him to succeed now.

I just assume the Knicks won't be getting the #1 pick... wouldn't say no to Ball if we did.

That said, picking third seems somehow more realistic... and I just see Josh Jackson fitting what Phil wants to do to a T. I see that frontline of KP and Jackson being as good as Towns/Wiggins or even better for the next 12 years. We'd still need a PG... but maybe not such a transformative playmaker there. And really, the △ doesn't really call for one anyway. The △ has been much better served by playmaking wings like Pippen, Odom, etc, and I see Jackson in that mold. I think Iguodala is a good comp - just a smart, heady player who moves the ball, defends, and helps the team win.

If we had Jackson on this year's Knicks team, I think we'd win 10 more games, easy.

That said, even with Ball's father around, I'd be psyched if we got that kid, too. Josh Jackson is just my favorite option.

If we had the 4th or 5th,ehi would you pick- Tatum or Fox? That for me would be where things get tricky

crzymdups
USA
3/14/2017  9:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/14/2017  9:15 AM
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

If we had the 4th or 5th,ehi would you pick- Tatum or Fox? That for me would be where things get tricky

Honestly if Jackson was off the board, I might consider moving back a pick or two - maybe the Kings would offer both picks to move up to 4? Say the Kings offer pick 6 and 8 for 4... I would do it in a heart beat. Not sure if they would... but I'd think about options.

Tatum doesn't inspire me for whatever reason. I think he's very similar to Melo... maybe a younger Melo, but I'd like to move the team in another direction.

I would definitely prefer Fox or even Ntilikina over Tatum.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/14/2017  10:09 AM
crzymdups wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Honestly if Jackson was off the board, I might consider moving back a pick or two - maybe the Kings would offer both picks to move up to 4? Say the Kings offer pick 6 and 8 for 4... I would do it in a heart beat. Not sure if they would... but I'd think about options.

Tatum doesn't inspire me for whatever reason. I think he's very similar to Melo... maybe a younger Melo, but I'd like to move the team in another direction.

Tatum is not Melo anymore than Paul George or DeRozan are! Having a post game doesn't equate with being Melo. Melo is a guy that has had the same mentality since college and never fully realized his potential as a Team Player. Melo should be able to average 5 assists and be a guy that makes his team better. Outside of Syracuse he's struggled to fully accomplish that at the NBA level.

Tatum is very much a scorer like Melo but that doesn't mean he's destined to be as selfish and force bad shots against Double and Triple teams like Melo. Hopefully Tatum will learn to use his full talents within a team concept. It's not a forgone conclusion that he'll be like Melo, meaning selfish and lazy on D!

crzymdups
USA
3/14/2017  10:22 AM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Tatum is not Melo anymore than Paul George or DeRozan are! Having a post game doesn't equate with being Melo. Melo is a guy that has had the same mentality since college and never fully realized his potential as a Team Player. Melo should be able to average 5 assists and be a guy that makes his team better. Outside of Syracuse he's struggled to fully accomplish that at the NBA level.

Tatum is very much a scorer like Melo but that doesn't mean he's destined to be as selfish and force bad shots against Double and Triple teams like Melo. Hopefully Tatum will learn to use his full talents within a team concept. It's not a forgone conclusion that he'll be like Melo, meaning selfish and lazy on D!

Good gravy, man, I'm just saying I wouldn't want to take the guy.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
3/14/2017  10:30 AM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

And I'm just making it clear that similar SKILLS doesn't mean a similar approach to the game and Team Play. He might end up being another Melo but then he might not. I think he's being taught by Coach K to be more of a team player. It's a process for young players to learn when to be aggressive and call your own number and when to pass.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/14/2017  10:53 AM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

your not the only one. Could just be a Duke bias. Tatum is skilled and I have to assume he would be well vetted. That being said he does not inspire me either.

sign me up. Obviously the Euro kid hasnt played much so you are mostly going off workouts and whatever vetting process you have. That being said we have scouted EU quite well between KP, Kuz, Willy
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
USA
3/14/2017  11:14 AM
fishmike wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

your not the only one. Could just be a Duke bias. Tatum is skilled and I have to assume he would be well vetted. That being said he does not inspire me either.

sign me up. Obviously the Euro kid hasnt played much so you are mostly going off workouts and whatever vetting process you have. That being said we have scouted EU quite well between KP, Kuz, Willy

Love Jackson but I have Fox behind Tatum. I know Tatum is much closer to a complete player than Fox. Love Fox's talent and would be happy to end up with him but I think Tatum has a very clear place in the typical NBA niche at SF. Whereas without a jump shot Fox will have some issues at the next level until he improves.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/14/2017  11:29 AM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

You might want to use a better example because George is pretty close to Melo offensively when it comes to poor shot selection and passing. Also, getting a young Melo is not bad because like you aside you can possibly mold him different. Instead of making him a scorer you try to make him a playmaker. The other reason why another young Melo is not bad is price. You can build with Me lo type players just as long you recognize their flaws and not not to build around them but to build with them included.

nixluva
USA
3/14/2017  11:41 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

You might want to use a better example because George is pretty close to Melo offensively when it comes to poor shot selection and passing. Also, getting a young Melo is not bad because like you aside you can possibly mold him different. Instead of making him a scorer you try to make him a playmaker. The other reason why another young Melo is not bad is price. You can build with Me lo type players just as long you recognize their flaws and not not to build around them but to build with them included.

Tatum would be looked at as another piece rather than a savior type, which is good. He's not viewed as Melo was, as a franchise player type. No one is gonna be saying we've gotta build around Tatum but rather that he's a piece of the core moving forward. Unlike Melo he'd be joining a team with equally talented players. I think that actually helps.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

3/14/2017  1:02 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Agree completely man but we need some luck to move up no way we end up bottom 3 record wise.

Luck happens all the time in the lottery. Let the balls fall where they may.

reub
Member: #6227

3/14/2017  2:05 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

And no NTC for Tatum. Ever!

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
3/14/2017  2:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/14/2017  2:48 PM
As much as I like Lanzo Ball's game I have bad feeling that his dad will add to the circus atmosphere. Especially with the media we have here oh my it would be an utter disaster.
fishmike
USA
3/14/2017  3:35 PM
Vmart wrote:As much as I like Lanzo Ball's game I have bad feeling that his dad will add to the circus atmosphere. Especially with the media we have here oh my it would be an utter disaster.

disagree.. I mean he's off the wall and says some bat**** crazy stuff, but what's he selling? Whats been his message? I mean he made Lonzo play on crappy teams so he would get used to elevating the level of play of his teammates, and be the leader and responsible for the losses, but its the team when we win. I mean he's nuts, but I think the boys are pretty healthy which tells me a lot of it is attention but what counts is what happens when the doors are closed. They sound like good kids and certainly play the right way. Who knows
crzymdups
USA
3/20/2017  12:29 AM

Josh Jackson went against fellow lotto pick to be Miles Bridges today and had a great game. Showed off some nice step back moves and quick cuts to the rim. As well as some Lebron-esque blocks.

He reminds me of a bigger Iguodala basically... but he could be even better than that. I'm beginning to think a lot better.

¿ △ ?
callmened
Member: #4234

3/20/2017  1:22 AM
If he shoots like he did today then I'll join the bandwagon and say he's the best overall prospect of the draft (even better than fultz)
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/20/2017  2:43 AM
I am not a huge Josh Jackson fan but would be okay I guess with him at #3 but it is my hope he plays so well that teams think he is the second best player in the lottery and it would lead to trade possibilities for the Knicks if they get the 3rd pick.
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/20/2017  6:03 AM
crzymdups wrote:

Josh Jackson went against fellow lotto pick to be Miles Bridges today and had a great game. Showed off some nice step back moves and quick cuts to the rim. As well as some Lebron-esque blocks.

He reminds me of a bigger Iguodala basically... but he could be even better than that. I'm beginning to think a lot better.

He is just awesome- we have no one that plays with that level of intensity and fire.

fishmike
USA
3/20/2017  9:15 AM
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

He is just awesome- we have no one that plays with that level of intensity and fire.

yes landing this player would be a homerun. I suspect we dont pick that high but one can hope. Lucky for us there are some gems around where we will be slotted. We just need to execute.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/20/2017  9:56 AM
I would have been opposed to this idea until I saw him beast last night. He can ball and he has the looks of an NBA player. I hate to draft I guy who comes off the bench for Melo but, that said, maybe drafting his replacement gets him to waive his NTC
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
The more I think about it, the more I believe Josh Jackson is the guy we have to get in this draft.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy