[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Let's get ready to .....TANK!
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/13/2017  1:49 PM
Ntilikina reminds me of Michael Ray Richardson in his euro tape. Smooth kid with hops.
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

3/13/2017  5:01 PM
Knixkik wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:Really hoping for 4 or 5. Then we have over 60% chance of drafting between 4 and 6, which is where we can surely draft a fantastic player, no worse than in the top 3.

Fultz, Ball, Jackson, Smith or Monk/Tatum.

Top 5/6 is pretty juicy, whereas it gets a little hazy at 7 and on.

Josh Jackson is the guy I'd aim for.

I think Monk is the highest bust probability there.. lots of Jamal Crawford in him. The other guys are drool worthy.

I think Tatum has the highest bust potential. Monk we know can score. Nothing will stop him from being at least a good offensive player in the league. He can shoot and is athletic, so his floor is high. Tatum on the other hand, i get concerned with a couple of things. What part of his game is guaranteed to translate to the NBA? And what Duke player drafted in the lottery has lived up to expectations...ever??? Maybe Kyrie, although he only played a few games in college, so i don't really count him. There has to be a legit concern about Duke players becoming stars in the league.

I don't know, there's just something about Tatum when you watch him, I think someone said on another board he just has the 'it' factor, I think he'll be very good. Compare him to Isaac and you'll see what I mean

He's more NBA-ready, no doubt. I'm luke-warm on Isaac too. We see how Ingram is struggling in the league right now, and not sure if Isaac is better. But in regards to Tatum, he's a streaky shooter and seems like the one thing he does well is score one-on-one. I understand the "it" factor, but i need to see more to trust him. Just can't ignore how badly Duke players translate to the NBA.

This reasoning is along the lines of all euros are soft white and projects. Too much stereotyping with too little basis. Tbis should not be a criteria for choosing a lotto pick.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/13/2017  5:04 PM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:Really hoping for 4 or 5. Then we have over 60% chance of drafting between 4 and 6, which is where we can surely draft a fantastic player, no worse than in the top 3.

I think Monk is the highest bust probability there.. lots of Jamal Crawford in him. The other guys are drool worthy.

I think Tatum has the highest bust potential. Monk we know can score. Nothing will stop him from being at least a good offensive player in the league. He can shoot and is athletic, so his floor is high. Tatum on the other hand, i get concerned with a couple of things. What part of his game is guaranteed to translate to the NBA? And what Duke player drafted in the lottery has lived up to expectations...ever??? Maybe Kyrie, although he only played a few games in college, so i don't really count him. There has to be a legit concern about Duke players becoming stars in the league.

I don't know, there's just something about Tatum when you watch him, I think someone said on another board he just has the 'it' factor, I think he'll be very good. Compare him to Isaac and you'll see what I mean

He's more NBA-ready, no doubt. I'm luke-warm on Isaac too. We see how Ingram is struggling in the league right now, and not sure if Isaac is better. But in regards to Tatum, he's a streaky shooter and seems like the one thing he does well is score one-on-one. I understand the "it" factor, but i need to see more to trust him. Just can't ignore how badly Duke players translate to the NBA.

Tatum was schooling Isaac left and right when Duke played Florida St 2 weeks ago. Small sample, but you could see how more developed and NBA ready Tatum is compared to the more raw Isaac.

Tatum seems more offensively polished... but didn't we say the same about Okafor? And even Winslow? Kind of amazing how often Duke players seem to not pop in the league.

Also, Tatum's offensive game has really really really reminded me of Melo's at times - lots of Iso, holds the ball, jab steps, working in the mid-range wing game, etc. I find it funny that some guys seem to want to ditch Melo and then draft Tatum to replace him.

¿ △ ?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/13/2017  5:44 PM
crzymdups wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

Tatum was schooling Isaac left and right when Duke played Florida St 2 weeks ago. Small sample, but you could see how more developed and NBA ready Tatum is compared to the more raw Isaac.

Tatum seems more offensively polished... but didn't we say the same about Okafor? And even Winslow? Kind of amazing how often Duke players seem to not pop in the league.

Also, Tatum's offensive game has really really really reminded me of Melo's at times - lots of Iso, holds the ball, jab steps, working in the mid-range wing game, etc. I find it funny that some guys seem to want to ditch Melo and then draft Tatum to replace him.

Duke also has produced guys like Grant Hill, Elton Brand, Mike Dunleavy Jr., Boozer, Laetner, Maggette etc. who produced out of the lottery. Also, you have to admit, Melo ain't getting younger. We have to look seriously at addressing the position, regardless of your feelings about Melo. If Tatum is there, I'd rather nab him than reach for someone, regardless of Melo's future with the team.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
crzymdups
USA
3/13/2017  5:54 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

Duke also has produced guys like Grant Hill, Elton Brand, Mike Dunleavy Jr., Boozer, Laetner, Maggette etc. who produced out of the lottery. Also, you have to admit, Melo ain't getting younger. We have to look seriously at addressing the position, regardless of your feelings about Melo. If Tatum is there, I'd rather nab him than reach for someone, regardless of Melo's future with the team.

I'm not saying keep Melo. I'm just saying for guys to complain about Melo's isolation and ball holding tendencies, Tatum seems to have a very similar game. I'd rather go in a different direction.

My top three guys right now in terms of wants would be Jackson (we'd need a top three pick), Fox, or Ntilikina. Not saying those are the best three guys in the lotto, just guys who move the ball and have defensive potential whose game I like

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/13/2017  6:02 PM
crzymdups wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

I'm not saying keep Melo. I'm just saying for guys to complain about Melo's isolation and ball holding tendencies, Tatum seems to have a very similar game. I'd rather go in a different direction.

My top three guys right now in terms of wants would be Jackson (we'd need a top three pick), Fox, or Ntilikina. Not saying those are the best three guys in the lotto, just guys who move the ball and have defensive potential whose game I like

I'm not sure that any All Star player won't have Superior One on One Skills. That pretty much is what separates them from the average player. Now being TOO selfish and reliant on posting up and holding the ball is not good. I don't see Tatum that way. He goes quick a lot as well as the times he goes ISO and holds it.

crzymdups
USA
3/13/2017  6:03 PM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

I'm not sure that any All Star player won't have Superior One on One Skills. That pretty much is what separates them from the average player. Now being TOO selfish and reliant on posting up and holding the ball is not good. I don't see Tatum that way. He goes quick a lot as well as the times he goes ISO and holds it.

Do you have any statistical evidence of this? Melo goes quick sometimes, too.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/13/2017  6:17 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

Do you have any statistical evidence of this? Melo goes quick sometimes, too.

Aside from just watching them play as college players statistically Melo had a per 40 FGA of 19.2 and Tatum is at 15.2. But really this is not a good knock against Tatum. The kid is a plus player with a nice overall game.

90sKnicks
Member: #6452

3/13/2017  9:37 PM
Rough night for the tank unless Minnesota can hold on. Was really hoping Charlotte and Dallas could come through. I tell you, i'm really afraid of Charlotte. Their implosion has been just as bad as the Knicks. Don't forget, too, that the Knicks hold the tiebreaker over Charlotte.

We could also really benefit from Bulls losses as a pick around #40 overall will have higher value. I'm not really getting excited otherwise about two 2nd round picks -- one of which will be at the very end of the draft (virtually, an undrafted free agent signing) and the other being in the middle of the second round.

Personally, i'd trade the two 2nd round draft picks to move up maybe 5 or 6 spots in the 2nd round.

magicTs
Member: #5564

3/14/2017  1:27 AM
90sKnicks wrote:The Knicks went 3-1 over the 4-game stretch against the 76ers and Magic. There are two games against the Nets coming up soon. Anyone who fantasized about the Knicks getting a Top 6 pick weren't in touch with reality.

We will not finish below the Nets, Lakers, Suns, 76ers, Magic, or Kings under any circumstances. We just have to hope to finish 7th. Hope for the Pelicans, Minnesota, Portland, Bucks, and Hornets to go on a run. I feel the Knicks will end the season around 38-44 or 37-45.

Care to reevaluate? The Knicks are going to be miles off your prediction of one week ago. Hopefully we don't even reach 28 wins never mind 38!

magicTs
Member: #5564

3/14/2017  1:31 AM
90sKnicks wrote:Rough night for the tank unless Minnesota can hold on. Was really hoping Charlotte and Dallas could come through. I tell you, i'm really afraid of Charlotte. Their implosion has been just as bad as the Knicks. Don't forget, too, that the Knicks hold the tiebreaker over Charlotte.

We could also really benefit from Bulls losses as a pick around #40 overall will have higher value. I'm not really getting excited otherwise about two 2nd round picks -- one of which will be at the very end of the draft (virtually, an undrafted free agent signing) and the other being in the middle of the second round.

Personally, i'd trade the two 2nd round draft picks to move up maybe 5 or 6 spots in the 2nd round.

Wasn't a rough night for the tank at all. Sacramento won and are now level with us and the Timberwolves moved a further game ahead. Things are looking very good for an absolute minimum of 6th pick and if we tank properly now with no ****ing about we can drop lower. Lose more or less every game and we could fall as low as 4.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/14/2017  1:39 AM
magicTs wrote:
90sKnicks wrote:Rough night for the tank unless Minnesota can hold on. Was really hoping Charlotte and Dallas could come through. I tell you, i'm really afraid of Charlotte. Their implosion has been just as bad as the Knicks. Don't forget, too, that the Knicks hold the tiebreaker over Charlotte.

Wasn't a rough night for the tank at all. Sacramento won and are now level with us and the Timberwolves moved a further game ahead. Things are looking very good for an absolute minimum of 6th pick and if we tank properly now with no ****ing about we can drop lower. Lose more or less every game and we could fall as low as 4.

I follow a Kings reporter on twitter. He was so excited about how the Kings played. Hopefully a light went on. They have a good coach and a hands off gm. Maybe that starts to work for them.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
3/14/2017  1:41 AM
crzymdups wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

I have no idea what this means. But there are two power brokers and one has a three year deal. It should be interesting.
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/14/2017  6:05 AM
magicTs wrote:

Correct, it was a good night- now if Sixers and Magic can win a few we could climb up to 4th! We have one easy game left (vs the Nets), the rest is brutal

meloshouldgo

3/14/2017  6:41 AM
We are still tied with NOP and Sacto. I don't remember who won those season series?
I do think NOP will win some more. Not sure what Sacramento will do. We need to lose our remaining game against the magic. We have Nets on Thursday and our last game is against the Sixers.
meloshouldgo

3/14/2017  6:45 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

I have no idea what this means. But there are two power brokers and one has a three year deal. It should be interesting.

I have no idea either but he seems to have put as much effort into learning how to dress as he puts into playing defense

crzymdups
USA
3/14/2017  6:53 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

I have no idea either but he seems to have put as much effort into learning how to dress as he puts into playing defense

As Clyde might say, "Haha, Melo rocking the bright red ensemble, a perfect color for matador D!"

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
3/14/2017  11:39 AM
90sKnicks
Member: #6452

3/14/2017  4:20 PM
A major key to the tank is the amount of minutes O'Quinn and Lance get. I'm puzzled why O'Quinn hasn't been getting more minutes but i'm glad it's been the case. I think if O'Quinn had gotten significant 4th quarter minutes against the Nets the outcome would've been the same as against the Magic.
meloshouldgo

3/14/2017  10:03 PM
So we had to go out a beat the Pacers, great, let' kill our chances in the draft. I mean what's wrong with 30 win seasons for the next 10 years?
Let's get ready to .....TANK!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy