[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Let's get ready to .....TANK!
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
3/12/2017  9:07 PM
I didn't see this coming. I figured there were just enough winnable games to mess things up, but the way this is going is better than i'd hoped. I thought for sure we'd be out of the top 10 by now. It's so easy to fall back with just a win or two and you drop back far. Now I just hope there are no last minute winning streaks.
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/12/2017  9:15 PM
nixluva wrote:I didn't see this coming. I figured there were just enough winnable games to mess things up, but the way this is going is better than i'd hoped. I thought for sure we'd be out of the top 10 by now. It's so easy to fall back with just a win or two and you drop back far. Now I just hope there are no last minute winning streaks.

That's where the coach should be ready to pull the plug as needed. Get into the top 5 and then let the basketball gods take us the rest of the way.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
USA
3/12/2017  10:35 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:I didn't see this coming. I figured there were just enough winnable games to mess things up, but the way this is going is better than i'd hoped. I thought for sure we'd be out of the top 10 by now. It's so easy to fall back with just a win or two and you drop back far. Now I just hope there are no last minute winning streaks.

That's where the coach should be ready to pull the plug as needed. Get into the top 5 and then let the basketball gods take us the rest of the way.

The good thing is they're prepping for next season by working on the Triangle etc. That is helping to make things better for the TANK. While some around here are bytching and complaining about the losing and player comments, all I see is this franchise finally accepting the need to look to future.
These losses should not be in vain. Let's hope for a legit STUD to help build a new core.

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/13/2017  4:50 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:This was a big win for the tank
Worst team in the league and we were at full strength minus Noah

We are looking good for maybe 3 more wins. I think top 6 is in striking distance.

Top 6?! we have a shot at the 4th (not a great one, but you never know!)

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

3/13/2017  8:19 AM
Really hoping for 4 or 5. Then we have over 60% chance of drafting between 4 and 6, which is where we can surely draft a fantastic player, no worse than in the top 3.
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

3/13/2017  9:23 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:Really hoping for 4 or 5. Then we have over 60% chance of drafting between 4 and 6, which is where we can surely draft a fantastic player, no worse than in the top 3.

Fultz, Ball, Jackson, Smith or Monk/Tatum.

Top 5/6 is pretty juicy, whereas it gets a little hazy at 7 and on.

Josh Jackson is the guy I'd aim for.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/13/2017  9:56 AM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:Really hoping for 4 or 5. Then we have over 60% chance of drafting between 4 and 6, which is where we can surely draft a fantastic player, no worse than in the top 3.

I think Monk is the highest bust probability there.. lots of Jamal Crawford in him. The other guys are drool worthy.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/13/2017  10:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/13/2017  10:11 AM
There's a tank super bowl game tonight as Orlando (24-43, 4th) plays at Sacramento (25-41, 6th)!!
¿ △ ?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/13/2017  10:18 AM
fishmike wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

I think Monk is the highest bust probability there.. lots of Jamal Crawford in him. The other guys are drool worthy.

I think Tatum has the highest bust potential. Monk we know can score. Nothing will stop him from being at least a good offensive player in the league. He can shoot and is athletic, so his floor is high. Tatum on the other hand, i get concerned with a couple of things. What part of his game is guaranteed to translate to the NBA? And what Duke player drafted in the lottery has lived up to expectations...ever??? Maybe Kyrie, although he only played a few games in college, so i don't really count him. There has to be a legit concern about Duke players becoming stars in the league.

crzymdups
USA
3/13/2017  10:28 AM
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

I think Tatum has the highest bust potential. Monk we know can score. Nothing will stop him from being at least a good offensive player in the league. He can shoot and is athletic, so his floor is high. Tatum on the other hand, i get concerned with a couple of things. What part of his game is guaranteed to translate to the NBA? And what Duke player drafted in the lottery has lived up to expectations...ever??? Maybe Kyrie, although he only played a few games in college, so i don't really count him. There has to be a legit concern about Duke players becoming stars in the league.

If I had to hazard a guess as to who we'll get right now, I'd predict Frank Ntilikina. Phil just seems to love the Euros, Knicks have very strong scouting over there, he's an oversized PG who moves the ball and fundamentally sound. I think Phil will be falling all over himself to draft this kid if we're in range.

¿ △ ?
Knixkik
USA
3/13/2017  10:38 AM
crzymdups wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

If I had to hazard a guess as to who we'll get right now, I'd predict Frank Ntilikina. Phil just seems to love the Euros, Knicks have very strong scouting over there, he's an oversized PG who moves the ball and fundamentally sound. I think Phil will be falling all over himself to draft this kid if we're in range.

Yeah i agree. He screams Phil Jackson pick. Monk seems like the 2nd most likely to me. We know he can shoot and score, but seems like the type of player Phil might see a developing into a PG in the future.

JrZyHuStLa

3/13/2017  10:40 AM
crzymdups wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

There's too many proven prospects this year to draft an international mystery man.

And with the way we've been losing, it would be a reach to take him at 5 or 6.

nixluva
USA
3/13/2017  10:54 AM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

There's too many proven prospects this year to draft an international mystery man.

Perhaps but that was kind of the fear with KP. From what i've seen of Ntilikina he's got some really amazing physical talent. His length is UNREAL at the PG position. 6-5 with a 7' wingspan and quick feet. He looks like a natural PG from what i've seen of him. Only the Scouts and Phil will have a clear picture of just how good he is.

I do agree that there is WAY too much known talent in this draft to reach. We need to hit HOME RUNS on these picks. No time to be playing around. SF, SG and PG would be my main targets. Gotta get at least one STUD and 2 quality rotation players out of this draft.

crzymdups
USA
3/13/2017  11:02 AM
nixluva wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

Perhaps but that was kind of the fear with KP. From what i've seen of Ntilikina he's got some really amazing physical talent. His length is UNREAL at the PG position. 6-5 with a 7' wingspan and quick feet. He looks like a natural PG from what i've seen of him. Only the Scouts and Phil will have a clear picture of just how good he is.

I do agree that there is WAY too much known talent in this draft to reach. We need to hit HOME RUNS on these picks. No time to be playing around. SF, SG and PG would be my main targets. Gotta get at least one STUD and 2 quality rotation players out of this draft.

We need a stud in the lottery. The second round is a crap shoot. You can't bank on anything there. Phil has selected Willy there, but he also made a seemingly solid pick in Cleanthony Early who absolutely didn't pan out.

Ntilikina is very intriguing to me and he has the size and length Phil loves at PG. I have no idea what slot we'll end up in, but if we're 6 thru 10... I could see Ntilikina being high on the board.

¿ △ ?
Knixkik
USA
3/13/2017  11:46 AM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

We need a stud in the lottery. The second round is a crap shoot. You can't bank on anything there. Phil has selected Willy there, but he also made a seemingly solid pick in Cleanthony Early who absolutely didn't pan out.

Ntilikina is very intriguing to me and he has the size and length Phil loves at PG. I have no idea what slot we'll end up in, but if we're 6 thru 10... I could see Ntilikina being high on the board.

I'm sure Ntilikina is very high on the draft board. It just depends on who falls to us. He's a very good prospect in our 7-8 range. I still doubt we get into the top 5. Fultz, Ball, and Jackson will definitely be off the board. Likely Tatum too. It depends on where Ntilikina ranks among the group of Dennis Smith, Monk, and Fox. Seems like a big chance we get one of those 4. I personally like Monk best among that group because even though he is undersized, we know he will be able to score right away at the NBA level. Shooting comes at a premium as well. He should be Beal or McCollum type level in the NBA without much question. But obviously a lot of factors will come into play before the draft.

reub
Member: #6227

3/13/2017  12:11 PM
Don't we need defensive stoppers and not scorers?
smackeddog
3/13/2017  12:17 PM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

I would love to get Josh Jackson. I don't think Phil would ever draft Smith Jr, however, so you have to give up that dream!

smackeddog
3/13/2017  12:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/13/2017  12:20 PM
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

I don't know, there's just something about Tatum when you watch him, I think someone said on another board he just has the 'it' factor, I think he'll be very good. Compare him to Isaac and you'll see what I mean

Knixkik
USA
3/13/2017  1:19 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

I don't know, there's just something about Tatum when you watch him, I think someone said on another board he just has the 'it' factor, I think he'll be very good. Compare him to Isaac and you'll see what I mean

He's more NBA-ready, no doubt. I'm luke-warm on Isaac too. We see how Ingram is struggling in the league right now, and not sure if Isaac is better. But in regards to Tatum, he's a streaky shooter and seems like the one thing he does well is score one-on-one. I understand the "it" factor, but i need to see more to trust him. Just can't ignore how badly Duke players translate to the NBA.

JrZyHuStLa

3/13/2017  1:47 PM
Knixkik wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

He's more NBA-ready, no doubt. I'm luke-warm on Isaac too. We see how Ingram is struggling in the league right now, and not sure if Isaac is better. But in regards to Tatum, he's a streaky shooter and seems like the one thing he does well is score one-on-one. I understand the "it" factor, but i need to see more to trust him. Just can't ignore how badly Duke players translate to the NBA.

Tatum was schooling Isaac left and right when Duke played Florida St 2 weeks ago. Small sample, but you could see how more developed and NBA ready Tatum is compared to the more raw Isaac.

Let's get ready to .....TANK!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy