franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/10/2017  12:52 PM
smackeddog wrote:
nixluva wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:We're what 8th in the tank standings right now?
Not bad. Seems like plenty of good players/talent will be available in this spot.

The Knicks really need to hit this outta the park like they did with the KP pick. Not expecting a superstar, but they can not draft a Sweetney or Balkman with this pick. It needs to be atleast a Gallo level player. We need a core starter bad. I think we can get one for sure at this spot if we don't mess things up. One thing the current front office has shown is that they know how to draft and develop. DLeague players are becoming solid rotation players in the league in our program. We got KP and Willy from the draft. Hope to see this trend continue in the 2017 draft. HUGE night for this team.

I'll never root for losses but I won't be upset if we lose, as I typically would. I do want us to play competitive basketball and try to win every game like you saw the young players like KP, Willy, Randle, Baker, try to do.

The bright side for us is we are one of the few teams who actually may suffer if we bench our vet stars. The team seems to play worse with the combination of Melo/Rose together. It's just such a complete screw up chemistry wise alongside Hornachek, that the combination of 2 players who hate and can not play system basketball alongside a coach trying to run system basketball may be the best recipe to stay inside the top 10 of the draft.

Someone posted this in another thread:

http://www.82games.com/nbadraftpicks.htm

After the 5th pick, there is a huge drop in the chances of drafting a star

Typically yes there's a huge drop. I think this draft is the rare deep draft where you might have several guys past the top 5 with star potential.

I'm being greedy in this draft, nixluva- I have my heart set on the 5th pick!

not impossible for us to get to 5- it will be hard and we'll going to need other teams to win a few more games than us.

Otherwise, here's hoping that our 8th pick leapfrogs to the #1 position. As fans, we are owed that. That isn't me being some entitled NY Ash whole.

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/10/2017  1:02 PM
franco12 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
nixluva wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Not bad. Seems like plenty of good players/talent will be available in this spot.

The Knicks really need to hit this outta the park like they did with the KP pick. Not expecting a superstar, but they can not draft a Sweetney or Balkman with this pick. It needs to be atleast a Gallo level player. We need a core starter bad. I think we can get one for sure at this spot if we don't mess things up. One thing the current front office has shown is that they know how to draft and develop. DLeague players are becoming solid rotation players in the league in our program. We got KP and Willy from the draft. Hope to see this trend continue in the 2017 draft. HUGE night for this team.

I'll never root for losses but I won't be upset if we lose, as I typically would. I do want us to play competitive basketball and try to win every game like you saw the young players like KP, Willy, Randle, Baker, try to do.

The bright side for us is we are one of the few teams who actually may suffer if we bench our vet stars. The team seems to play worse with the combination of Melo/Rose together. It's just such a complete screw up chemistry wise alongside Hornachek, that the combination of 2 players who hate and can not play system basketball alongside a coach trying to run system basketball may be the best recipe to stay inside the top 10 of the draft.

Typically yes there's a huge drop. I think this draft is the rare deep draft where you might have several guys past the top 5 with star potential.

not impossible for us to get to 5- it will be hard and we'll going to need other teams to win a few more games than us.

Otherwise, here's hoping that our 8th pick leapfrogs to the #1 position. As fans, we are owed that. That isn't me being some entitled NY Ash whole.

Yep- the KP draft we were the only team in the whole league who fell in draft positioning in the lottery, so the draft owes us! (we still outsmarted it by taking KP though!)

On a serious note, Kings and Pelicans are looking so bad they really are forming a double team to stop us rising in the draft standings.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/10/2017  3:25 PM
smackeddog wrote:
franco12 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
nixluva wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Yep- the KP draft we were the only team in the whole league who fell in draft positioning in the lottery, so the draft owes us! (we still outsmarted it by taking KP though!)

On a serious note, Kings and Pelicans are looking so bad they really are forming a double team to stop us rising in the draft standings.

Gotta hope for some miracles with the Kings and Pels winning a couple of games they shouldn't. The Kings actually have more winnable games left than we do.

JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

3/10/2017  10:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/10/2017  10:40 PM
Minnesota beat Golden State.

Hopefully Minnesota and Dallas have abandoned the tank race.

smackeddog
3/11/2017  3:26 AM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:Minnesota beat Golden State.

Ack! Kings were ahead in the 4th, ended up going to overtime and losing!

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/11/2017  7:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/11/2017  7:31 AM
I think you can draft good players anywhere, but the odds of getting a franchise player, an 4-5 or more time all-star are less outside of the top 5. I understand that, but I think even at 8 or 9 or 10, we can get a good starter. We have a good program here for developing young players. So far any player with talent has done well almost right away. KP. Willy. Galloway. Randle. Lance Thomas, O'Quinn, Holiday. You name it, if the player has some talent, we know how to get them opportunities to showcase it. Plenty of teams don't do that, but I feel very good about young players in this system and how we trust young guys. Another 2 players we used this year and gave them a real chance is Baker and Kuz, 2 rookies.

I do hope we go for a 3, 2 or 1. My god how nice would it be to have one of Tatum, Fox, Smith or Monk. We could grab one of those players.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/11/2017  10:58 AM
smackeddog wrote:

I was driving to Indy last night and hoping they would pull one out. But the Wizards were in no mood to do a game against the bottom dwellers.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
USA
3/11/2017  11:10 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I was driving to Indy last night and hoping they would pull one out. But the Wizards were in no mood to do a game against the bottom dwellers.

I watched and Wall and Beal were so calm and focused!!! You can see that they are fully developed now and ready to win.

I agree with nyknickzingis that we need to go SF, SG, PG in this draft!!!

smackeddog
3/11/2017  12:14 PM
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I watched and Wall and Beal were so calm and focused!!! You can see that they are fully developed now and ready to win.

Its amazing how the Wizards have turned things around since the start of the season- they were dead in the water, but now look great.

nixluva
USA
3/11/2017  12:28 PM
smackeddog wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Its amazing how the Wizards have turned things around since the start of the season- they were dead in the water, but now look great.

Something just clicked. That team is ready to take the next step in developing into a contender. The Wiz are a model of what the Knicks can achieve by building a new young core thru the Draft. Let those young players grow together and hopefully develop into a contender down the line.

meloshouldgo

3/11/2017  1:20 PM
nixluva wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Something just clicked. That team is ready to take the next step in developing into a contender. The Wiz are a model of what the Knicks can achieve by building a new young core thru the Draft. Let those young players grow together and hopefully develop into a contender down the line.

I agree, I think if we can create a solid young core it would be amazing to watch them go through the many struggles of the NBA tohether and develop into a band of brothers. This is why I am against starfukking and against hiring rentals like Rose. We still suck as a team but now we also give up opportuity to develop the core. I am so ready to see the team draft first round picks two three years in a row.

meloshouldgo

3/11/2017  9:20 PM
Great job at tanking today. We really need NOP and Sacto to win. Let's all root for them
magicTs
Member: #5564

3/11/2017  10:50 PM
Good win for NOP.

If we do this properly over the last 16 games we are now starting to look a lock for 6th pick at worst.

nyknickzingis

3/12/2017  8:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/12/2017  8:18 AM
magicTs wrote:Good win for NOP.

If we do this properly over the last 16 games we are now starting to look a lock for 6th pick at worst.

6th pick is looking a real possibility even if we win 4 more games which I think we certainly will.
30 wins getting a 6th pick is crazy, but it's actually possible.

My guess is we end up drafting 7th or 8th. Some of these teams are really way to determined to tank. We're still competing and playing our 5 best players every night (KP, Melo, Rose, Lee, Willy).

I see us winning today against the Nets. Also winning against them at home a few games from now. That's 2 wins. We'll win one of our games in the long home stretch coming and then I see us closing the season out with a win against Philly. I still think 30 wins is a lock, and possibly 31-32.

meloshouldgo

3/12/2017  10:09 AM
Hornace should pull a Poppovich and be so upset about the Pistons loss that he pulls all the starters.
90sKnicks
Member: #6452

3/12/2017  10:50 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:6th pick is looking a real possibility even if we win 4 more games which I think we certainly will.

My guess is we end up drafting 7th or 8th. Some of these teams are really way to determined to tank. We're still competing and playing our 5 best players every night (KP, Melo, Rose, Lee, Willy).

I see us winning today against the Nets. Also winning against them at home a few games from now. That's 2 wins. We'll win one of our games in the long home stretch coming and then I see us closing the season out with a win against Philly. I still think 30 wins is a lock, and possibly 31-32.

The key to the tank is to go 1-2 in the next 3 games. Personally, i'd sit Carmelo and Rose against the Nets in the two games. It's a win-win situation. You punish them by not letting them pad there stats against an inferior team and you better our chances of losing. And if we happen to win, it softens the blow because we can play psychological games with them saying we only win when Melo doesn't play (i.e the Orlando game). I can't think of anything less satisfying then Melo and Rose having great games leading us to beat the Nets twice this week.

meloshouldgo

3/12/2017  10:59 AM
90sKnicks wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:6th pick is looking a real possibility even if we win 4 more games which I think we certainly will.

The key to the tank is to go 1-2 in the next 3 games. Personally, i'd sit Carmelo and Rose against the Nets in the two games. It's a win-win situation. You punish them by not letting them pad there stats against an inferior team and you better our chances of losing. And if we happen to win, it softens the blow because we can play psychological games with them saying we only win when Melo doesn't play (i.e the Orlando game). I can't think of anything less satisfying then Melo and Rose having great games leading us to beat the Nets twice this week.

I agree, I would actually rest all the staters.

meloshouldgo

3/12/2017  8:53 PM
Honestly did not think our starters could lose to the Nets. The worst team in the league killed us shooting 3s. This team is toast.
I am sure this is going to be Phil's fault as well....SMH
magicTs
Member: #5564

3/12/2017  8:56 PM
90sKnicks wrote:The Knicks went 3-1 over the 4-game stretch against the 76ers and Magic. There are two games against the Nets coming up soon. Anyone who fantasized about the Knicks getting a Top 6 pick weren't in touch with reality.

We will not finish below the Nets, Lakers, Suns, 76ers, Magic, or Kings under any circumstances. We just have to hope to finish 7th. Hope for the Pelicans, Minnesota, Portland, Bucks, and Hornets to go on a run. I feel the Knicks will end the season around 38-44 or 37-45.

Care to reavaluate?!!

nyknickzingis

3/12/2017  8:59 PM
This was a big win for the tank
Worst team in the league and we were at full strength minus Noah

We are looking good for maybe 3 more wins. I think top 6 is in striking distance.

Let's get ready to .....TANK!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy