nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
2/25/2017  10:20 PM
93BUICK wrote:
Knicks67 wrote:
93BUICK wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:I'm am beginning to think that Melo has been purposely blowing his Cleveland auditions this year.

16-8 to close out the season! The start of the March!!!
It's a win - a win is a win- Me and Melo agree

I'm beginning to feel dissatisfied with wins, what does an 8 seed do for our future?

I think it does a lot to change the perception of the team and it's players and their value-
Carmelo leads us from the abyss to the playoffs for a basketball starved NY - It's better- for all the players and the way we are viewed- there is a hopelessness now that will not be overcome with an 8 pick in the draft- it would be an achievement for this team to overcome all the BS from this year and go 16-8 and get in. We'd all be drinking the KoolAid then and we would deserve it no matter how delusional.

I think you're INSANE if you think an 8th Pick in this draft won't mean more than a meaningless push for the 8th seed!!! I curse the thought that this team should make a run at this point. Stop speaking this nonsense into existence.
AUTOADVERT
WP76
Member: #4508

2/25/2017  10:20 PM
I know the lottery is our best long term plan but, once the ball goes up, I can't root against the Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/25/2017  10:21 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
93BUICK wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
93BUICK wrote:I guess this is better according to you guys- maybe you're right- I still want the W can't help it
I am the same way. Once a game starts I can't root for a loss. I get it but I just can't get there during a game.

And when you get a cut or a scratch the blood is orange and blue, right? Me too-

Pretty much.

You guys don't seem to have the deep painful memories of just missing out on Steph Curry!!! Wins at this point are MEANINGLESS. It's different if this team was already in the Playoffs and we had a chance to do something in the Playoffs. This is all just messing with the TANK IMO. Can't get up for a close loss to the Sixers.
I get it. But once a game starts if I am watching I root for the Knicks. It was a little different during the 17 win season because there was no hope for that team once Melo went down. Billy is getting time but that is about it.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

Knicks67 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Lest we forget...Missed out on Steph Curry by one slot... got Jordan Hill.

So true, wins like this will cost us down the road big time come draft night.

Yup...

Winning a game like this earlier in the year would have been great...

Squeezing into the playoffs, even with a sub .500 record, is one thing...

Not making the playoffs and hurting our draft is another thing.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
holfresh
Member: #1081

WaltLongmire wrote:Lest we forget...Missed out on Steph Curry by one slot... got Jordan Hill.

You missed out on a few balls and got KP too..

nixluva
USA
2/25/2017  10:23 PM
WP76 wrote:I know the lottery is our best long term plan but, once the ball goes up, I can't root against the Knicks.

That's just it, you're not rooting against the Knicks. You'd be rooting for a better FUTURE for the Knicks with a higher lottery pick. The absolute WORST thing is to be mediocre and out of the LOTTERY. Don't wish for that under any circumstances. If this was a .500 or better team then by all means root your heart out, but this TEAM??? You can't ignore the long term benefits of a high Lottery pick versus some meaningless win.

nixluva
USA
2/25/2017  10:25 PM
holfresh wrote:

TOTALLY different scenario. Anything in the top 5 is GOLDEN.
93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
2/25/2017  10:25 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
93BUICK wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
93BUICK wrote:I guess this is better according to you guys- maybe you're right- I still want the W can't help it
I am the same way. Once a game starts I can't root for a loss. I get it but I just can't get there during a game.

And when you get a cut or a scratch the blood is orange and blue, right? Me too-

Pretty much.

You guys don't seem to have the deep painful memories of just missing out on Steph Curry!!! Wins at this point are MEANINGLESS. It's different if this team was already in the Playoffs and we had a chance to do something in the Playoffs. This is all just messing with the TANK IMO. Can't get up for a close loss to the Sixers.

My painful memories go in this order-
1 GAMES
2 HORRIBLE TRADES
3 INJURIES
4 PICKING THE WRONG GUY
Order of pick is a lighter pain I can handle in light of winning. We scored on a high pick- KP- A smart team will flesh out the rest with judicious picks in any order and get good results- a lot of great picks are in the 20s.
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
nixluva
USA
2/25/2017  10:29 PM
93BUICK wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
93BUICK wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Pretty much.

My painful memories go in this order-
1 GAMES
2 HORRIBLE TRADES
3 INJURIES
4 PICKING THE WRONG GUY
Order of pick is a lighter pain I can handle in light of winning. We scored on a high pick- KP- A smart team will flesh out the rest with judicious picks in any order and get good results- a lot of great picks are in the 20s.

IF we're talking about the Lottery I would greatly disagree with you. Missing out in the Lottery is MUCH more painful than many care to admit. I think possibly because the Knicks are completely out of the running for a high pick most years that tends to warp perception of how impactful the draft can be. Following up on KP and WIlly with a legit core backcourt player would be HUGE for this team. At this point it's all I'm concerned about. PG, SG or SF in the top 5-10 of this draft is a MUST.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/25/2017  10:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2017  10:34 PM
nixluva wrote:
WP76 wrote:I know the lottery is our best long term plan but, once the ball goes up, I can't root against the Knicks.

That's just it, you're not rooting against the Knicks. You'd be rooting for a better FUTURE for the Knicks with a higher lottery pick. The absolute WORST thing is to be mediocre and out of the LOTTERY. Don't wish for that under any circumstances. If this was a .500 or better team then by all means root your heart out, but this TEAM??? You can't ignore the long term benefits of a high Lottery pick versus some meaningless win.

Only loosers tank!! All Tankers get eaten up by the basketball GODS!! Bargnani pick for you. Great lesson for the Yoots.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/25/2017  10:38 PM
BTW. Crickets from all the Melo haters. I know your watching too. Better defense without KP. OK4 looks like a real center. And he has not even played. Knick fans would be raising a statute after the game if he was on the squad. Who can we pick up in 2019 to replace Melo? Guy is not afraid of the moment.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nixluva
USA
2/25/2017  10:39 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Only loosers tank!! All Tankers get eaten up by the basketball GODS!! Bargnani pick for you. Great lesson for the Yoots.

You're talking NONSENSE!!! Knicks aren't Tanking on purpose. They've just stunk. There's no bad Karma to be had if this is actually how bad you are. I think you're really missing the entire point of wanting to get higher in the Lottery. Perhaps you have some other method for this team to improve... NOPE you're just talking crazy, cuz you've got nothing. Tell us where this MAGICAL source of Talent is supposed to come from if not from the draft???

Perhaps you are ALL IN on Melo for the next 2 years before he completely fades and we have NOTHING. How about we hope for an influx of legit young talent to run with for the next 10 years???

nixluva
USA
2/25/2017  10:44 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:BTW. Crickets from all the Melo haters. I know your watching too. Better defense without KP. OK4 looks like a real center. And he has not even played. Knick fans would be raising a statute after the game if he was on the squad. Who can we pick up in 2019 to replace Melo? Guy is not afraid of the moment.

WOW!!! You really are LOST! I can't even understand what's going on inside your head. Melo hasn't led to the kind of winning we wanted and is 33 in a few months and we have a chance to draft a Kid that can run with KP and Willy for many years after Melo is gone. Who cares if Melo is an Elite scorer, when it hasn't helped us win!!! What the hell are you rooting for?

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/25/2017  11:06 PM
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:BTW. Crickets from all the Melo haters. I know your watching too. Better defense without KP. OK4 looks like a real center. And he has not even played. Knick fans would be raising a statute after the game if he was on the squad. Who can we pick up in 2019 to replace Melo? Guy is not afraid of the moment.

WOW!!! You really are LOST! I can't even understand what's going on inside your head. Melo hasn't led to the kind of winning we wanted and is 33 in a few months and we have a chance to draft a Kid that can run with KP and Willy for many years after Melo is gone. Who cares if Melo is an Elite scorer, when it hasn't helped us win!!! What the hell are you rooting for?

Its cool that he is a bigtime melo fan BUT i dont understand why he is dissing KP. Its not about hating or loving certain players its about building a team for longterm success. I actually think Melo has been really good for the most part but at 33 his career is getting to the end and it might be best for both sides to go in newer directions
nixluva
USA
2/25/2017  11:37 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Its cool that he is a bigtime melo fan BUT i dont understand why he is dissing KP. Its not about hating or loving certain players its about building a team for longterm success. I actually think Melo has been really good for the most part but at 33 his career is getting to the end and it might be best for both sides to go in newer directions

To me it's beyond logic to be so enamoured with Melo that you can't see the forest for the trees. Melo is OVER and KP and whoever we draft is the FUTURE. We can't invest anymore time in Melo and his needs. This was Melo's last chance to do something and it fell flat. I LOVE Melo's shot making but what has that gotten us??? We've gone as far as we can and there's no way we can put the Vet players around Melo that we need to win a title. So it's time to move on and start preparing for the Future. Winning meaningless games with Melo hitting the big shot does NOTHING for this team.

NOTHING!!!

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/26/2017  12:10 AM
I was at the game - my brother and I bought tickets earlier in the season hoping we'd get to see Embiid vs KP. No such luck.

I was rooting for a loss and the fans around me didn't understand why. Every time they chanted "DE-FENSE", I chanted "DRAFT PICK"

¿ △ ?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/26/2017  12:24 AM
YEA! WE WIN!!

Completely meaningless game against one of the worst teams in the league our 27MM dollar player delivers a win to ensure we move further away from a lottery pick.

Clearly he had the best interest of the Knicks in his heart. 😠

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/26/2017  12:40 AM

The Knicks almost completely blew a 10 point lead in the last four minutes. For the second game in a row against the Sixers. There should not have been a "moment" - the Knicks should've won this in a blow out. Okafor and Covington are the only NBA caliber players on the Sixers roster.

Rooting for this team to win these games is extremely short-sighted.

¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/26/2017  1:39 AM
holfresh wrote:

Love KP...but how would we feel if we had gotten Towns?

Always an element of chance as to where the balls fall and who the teams before you pick.

The Curry pick might have been a franchise changer...though who knows (We do know that the rise of GS would never have taken place). MDA was dying to get him... would have organized the team around him. The final insult was that in a point guard draft, we took someone like Hill.

So it goes.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/26/2017  3:10 AM
OH FOR ***** SAKE! Why try to win this one?! If we'd lost we would be tied for 5th in the lottery. Now we're essentially tied for 10th. ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
GameThread: Knicks host the 76ers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy