[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo narrative #staywoke
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/25/2017  12:24 PM
When Melo finally agrees to go to a contender via trade.... they are probably going to go to the Finals or very close.... teams aren't going to trade us an allstar for Melo. So if the teams keep their stars and stll get Melo, they probably will go to the Finals especially in the east. That will make the media have a field day with the "Phil is an idiot. He's the worst GM in history" headlines...

Again, the truth is we want to rebuild. We're not trying to get an allstar back. We want a little cap relief and a young player or two. Possibly a pick. This is where we are. This is what Phil is doing. We need to see this through the next 2 years. From then on we can discuss a different approach. Right now seeds need to be planted. More seeds I should say because we have a decent crop as is

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

2/25/2017  12:33 PM
This is the type of situation that sorts out people who root for the team from people who root for their favorite player. The media will hate on us, so called "fans" will hate on us. I just hope the front office and the real Knicks fans can tune out the noise and focus on doing what needs to be done. Whether Melo stays or goes is really not important. Let rose walk, draft well, hold on to cap space and don't make any stupid trades of FA signings.

The so called fans a re quick to point out how we wont win anything for years going this route. Tell them that we haven't won anything for years with their self anointed legend on our roster and they'll tell you its everyone else that's at fault. This type of discussion is both pointless and wasteful. Because their goals are not aligned with the team's best interests.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/25/2017  12:57 PM
EnySpree wrote:When Melo finally agrees to go to a contender via trade.... they are probably going to go to the Finals or very close.... teams aren't going to trade us an allstar for Melo. So if the teams keep their stars and stll get Melo, they probably will go to the Finals especially in the east. That will make the media have a field day with the "Phil is an idiot. He's the worst GM in history" headlines...

It's their standard story- all our players are trash and have no value and no one will trade anything for them, then we end up having to trade them for pennies in the dollar, then suddenly the media then start saying how great the players they were trashing and how dumb we were for trading them for nothing. I remember they did the same thing with the original Melo trade, saying Gallo and Chandler were trash, then once they were traded they were great!

EnySpree

2/25/2017  2:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2017  2:39 PM
We need to stick together as a fan base on this one. Is not about firing Phil and getting another guy to curse out. It's about the draft, these youngins. We need to keep looking at Europe and keep our eyes on undrafted rookies and our d league. This is the right course of action for the next 2 seasons... KP will be 23 then #perspective
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/25/2017  4:12 PM
If it is all about the youth should the Knicks sign Randle? Would Phil waive Sasha?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
EnySpree

2/25/2017  4:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:If it is all about the youth should the Knicks sign Randle? Would Phil waive Sasha?

Randle isn't the only prospect in the world. Just because Randle is available doesn't mean we have to get him.... and Phil isn't an idiot if he doesn't waive Sasha to get him.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/25/2017  4:18 PM
EnySpree wrote:We need to stick together as a fan base on this one. Is not about firing Phil and getting another guy to curse out. It's about the draft, these youngins. We need to keep looking at Europe and keep our eyes on undrafted rookies and our d league. This is the right course of action for the next 2 seasons... KP will be 23 then #perspective

It really should be. You need someone with a vision and knows how to collect talent that has synergy. All Phil knows is how to bring in guys with reputations.

yellowboy90

2/25/2017  4:22 PM
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:If it is all about the youth should the Knicks sign Randle? Would Phil waive Sasha?

Randle isn't the only prospect in the world. Just because Randle is available doesn't mean we have to get him.... and Phil isn't an idiot if he doesn't waive Sasha to get him.

It's not about Randle but about all the Randle's out there. How about bringing in GPJR or Terrance Jones or any one with potential that could fit a role going forward.

Why is Sasha on a non playoff team full of veterans?

CrushAlot
USA
2/25/2017  6:08 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

It's not about Randle but about all the Randle's out there. How about bringing in GPJR or Terrance Jones or any one with potential that could fit a role going forward.

Terrance Jones definitely seems like a worthwhile risk.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/25/2017  6:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2017  6:29 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:This is the type of situation that sorts out people who root for the team from people who root for their favorite player. The media will hate on us, so called "fans" will hate on us. I just hope the front office and the real Knicks fans can tune out the noise and focus on doing what needs to be done. Whether Melo stays or goes is really not important. Let rose walk, draft well, hold on to cap space and don't make any stupid trades of FA signings.

The so called fans a re quick to point out how we wont win anything for years going this route. Tell them that we haven't won anything for years with their self anointed legend on our roster and they'll tell you its everyone else that's at fault. This type of discussion is both pointless and wasteful. Because their goals are not aligned with the team's best interests.

Agreed with your first paragraph. Think your wrong about having players around Melo. We have been in more playoffs with him on team than the 14 years prior without. But like you said, will save my breath. But you cant just magic erase the squad he has had in last three years. LBJ would be lucky to win 40 games with that bunch.

The point you make about fans rooting for certain players is true but that also goes for fans that root against certain players, because of unnamed reasons(they love Lin or players sent to Denver) and therefore take away from the real issues with the team.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/25/2017  6:39 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

It's still a bit early to worry about this. We all know Phil and his team are always on the lookout for young talent. Just cuz they don't jump on every kid doesn't mean they're doing something wrong.
I suspect they are well aware of the players that are out there.

EnySpree

2/25/2017  6:43 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:We need to stick together as a fan base on this one. Is not about firing Phil and getting another guy to curse out. It's about the draft, these youngins. We need to keep looking at Europe and keep our eyes on undrafted rookies and our d league. This is the right course of action for the next 2 seasons... KP will be 23 then #perspective

It really should be. You need someone with a vision and knows how to collect talent that has synergy. All Phil knows is how to bring in guys with reputations.

Did you read the post or only right up to the Phil Jackson part?

EnySpree

2/25/2017  6:46 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Cuz he wanted to help Phil. And you want Phil to be perfect? Those without streaks and yellow spots on their underwear cast the first stone

EnySpree

2/25/2017  6:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

I'm sure their agents are calling playoff teams first.

CrushAlot
USA
2/25/2017  6:57 PM
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

I think Jones just wants playing time. Gentry said they waived him because he is in a contract year and isn't going to get playing time with Cousins there.
yellowboy90

2/25/2017  6:59 PM
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

It's still a bit early to worry about this. We all know Phil and his team are always on the lookout for young talent. Just cuz they don't jump on every kid doesn't mean they're doing something wrong.
I suspect they are well aware of the players that are out there.

Just like last year when they kept the 15th spot open.

EnySpree

2/25/2017  6:59 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

I think Jones just wants playing time. Gentry said they waived him because he is in a contract year and isn't going to get playing time with Cousins there.

Hes not getting it here either with all the big men we have

yellowboy90

2/25/2017  7:01 PM
EnySpree wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Cuz he wanted to help Phil. And you want Phil to be perfect? Those without streaks and yellow spots on their underwear cast the first stone

No I just want phil to display competence.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/25/2017  7:41 PM
If we can get Austin Rivers, 1st round pick and Jamal Crawford for Melo.
Maybe move Crawford and a 1st to a team in a salary dump.
Opens up cap space to sign Gallinari and Hill.

Noah/Hernangomez/OQuinn
Porzingis/Thomas
Gallinari/Kuzminskas
Lee/Holiday
Hill/Rivers

Plus a lottery pick.

EnySpree

2/25/2017  7:41 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

No I just want phil to display competence.

He tried to win now and build for the future at the same time... winning note didn't work but building for the future is working just fine. Sounds competent to me.

Melo narrative #staywoke

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy